West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

4 posters

Newcastle vs WHUFC -- July 5th, 2020

westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Newcastle vs WHUFC -- July 5th, 2020 - Page 2 Empty Re: Newcastle vs WHUFC -- July 5th, 2020

Post  westhamonkey Sun 05 Jul 2020, 3:25 pm

Saint-M is still very much in the mix... no changes for us as the 2nd half gets underway - I mean... why would there be?
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Newcastle vs WHUFC -- July 5th, 2020 - Page 2 Empty Re: Newcastle vs WHUFC -- July 5th, 2020

Post  westhamonkey Sun 05 Jul 2020, 3:29 pm

oh god... Nolan is showing Noble his coloring book or something... hope that doesn't man he's thinking about coming on...
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Sun 05 Jul 2020, 3:32 pm

fupp... noble is on... swapped for Lanzini who might not actually have touched the ball at all today...
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Sun 05 Jul 2020, 3:40 pm

nothing too much to shout about so far... almost mid 2nd half... we have a corner...

AND A GOAL.....

header from the back post clips the bar... ball falls to Soucek in the middle of the box...

bang... 2-1
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Sun 05 Jul 2020, 3:44 pm

and straight away Newcastle waltz through us and Saint-M plays in Shelvey who slots the ball into the back of the net and everyone stops for drinkies..

pretty piss poor... al the West Ham players were claiming offside but of course... not a fupping sign of VAR.

They really need to shitcan that whole idea.... I mean.. you take ages and ages to find a proton level offside to deny our goal last game but then a goal where 9 players call for offside and no one even looks at it?

the whole use of VAR is so random that it just makes no sense to keep using it. It's brought nothing to the game except bored and frustration and we're quite capable of bringing that ourselves...

anyway... 21 minutes plus stoppages to figure out where this goes... currently all square...
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Sun 05 Jul 2020, 3:45 pm

"7:43
    'Really poor defending'
    Newcastle 2-2 West Ham

Pat Nevin
    Former Chelsea and Scotland winger on BBC Radio 5 Live
    It was such a weird goal, every one turned to the assistant referee to say 'there must be something wrong with that?'. It is really poor defending from West Ham, just when David Moyes would have wanted them to make it difficult to get through."

well at least Saint-M has gone off...
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Sun 05 Jul 2020, 3:46 pm

Yarmolenko is having a drink and looks set to come on... as more woeful back passing almost gifts Newcastle a shot on goal...
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Sun 05 Jul 2020, 3:50 pm

Yarmolenko replaces Fornals who is only slightly less anonymous than Lanzini...

noble looks like he couldn't catch a cold or a bus as he shuttles around a good ten feet off the pace...
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Sun 05 Jul 2020, 3:56 pm

Carroll comes on for the final ten or so minutes...

Soucek goes close with a diving header...

but with a 81 minutes on the clock it's all square...
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Sun 05 Jul 2020, 3:59 pm

thunderous shot by Yarmo... but straight at the keeper...

the resulting corner flies over everyone and goes out for nothing.
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Sun 05 Jul 2020, 4:04 pm

soucek hooks over from close range...

only 4 minutes to go so not looking like we've got enough momentum to really change things... a draw is definitely better than a loss...

so no movement in the table... but we're three points ahead of Watford with a GD 5 better...

hopefully Liverpool with destroy Villa and help us out there.
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Sun 05 Jul 2020, 4:05 pm

Sounds a bit better reading about it than watching it...

"8:01
    Post update
    Newcastle 2-2 West Ham

Pat Nevin
    Former Chelsea and Scotland winger on BBC Radio 5 Live
    Andriy Yarmolenko is a bit special, ain’t he? He’s only not set the Premier League alight because of the injuries he’s had. The West Ham players will want to get the ball to him at every opportunity.

85 mins
    CLOSE!
    Newcastle 2-2 West Ham
    What an effort!

West Ham turn into Barcelona for a few seconds, flicking it from player to player on the edge of the box.

Tomas Soucek tees up Andriy Yarmolenko and he absolutely hammers it. Martin Dubravka does well to stick his hands in the way and the ball pops up and out from the goalline."

that's all from the guardian...

Last edited by westhamonkey on Sun 05 Jul 2020, 4:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Sun 05 Jul 2020, 4:11 pm

into the last of the four minutes of added time...

good grief, Carroll is so poor he could still play for us...

and there it goes... M*yes looks like he's won the lottery, but a disappointing away draw probably IS the lottery for him.

we're playing better than we did at the beginning of the restart... we might even have done enough to keep us up...

burnley is going to be a tough game... but we do have the cushion of 3 points if it all goes Pete Tong.

That being said, if we ship goals as easily as we did today, we'll be in trouble against anyone...
    Cochese
    Cochese
    Boot Cleaner

Post  Cochese Sun 05 Jul 2020, 4:49 pm

Well, at least we've gone from a club that immediately lets the good feelings wither away than doing it at the death.

westhamonkey likes this post

westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Sun 05 Jul 2020, 6:28 pm

Cochese wrote:Well, at least we've gone from a club that immediately lets the good feelings wither away than doing it at the death.

iknow

Liverpool made tough work of Villa but they did what we needed... we're only 4 points clear of relegation but have an 8 goal advantage over Villa

Every little helps, and this season is going to be some of the lowest survival points tally's we'll have seen.
    Arran
    Boot Cleaner

Post  Arran Mon 06 Jul 2020, 6:20 am

Said before the game that a point would be a great result and even now I still say that coming away with a point is a good result even if it maybe should of been all 3 points. Liking the form that both Soucek and Bowen have found recently. I believe is results continue to go or way and we pick points at both Burnley and Norwhich by next Monday we could be Safe for another season  woohoo .
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Mon 06 Jul 2020, 6:20 pm

Arran wrote:Said before the game that a point would be a great result and even now I still say that coming away with a point is a good result even if it maybe should of been all 3 points. Liking the form that both Soucek and Bowen have found recently. I believe is results continue to go or way and we pick points at both Burnley and Norwhich by next Monday we could be Safe for another season  woohoo .

yup, I'm sure the board want to give M*yes a full season to expose how piss poor his managerial skills are...

watching the game I was well pissed that we twice let a lead slip and threw away two more points... but anyone in their right mind would have taken 4 points form Chelsea and Newcastle given how god awful we were since the restart and for pretty much all of the season.

The teams below us all have arguably tougher run ins than we do, so there's really no one to blame but ourselves if we throw away our current 4 point and 6 goal advantage and get relegated.

Which means the large number of idiots who follow football will be able to say... see, M*yes done good, saves yet again... when the reality is about as far from that as is possible to be.
    Arran
    Boot Cleaner

Post  Arran Tue 07 Jul 2020, 7:01 am

Yeah if we go down now then it is only our own fault as we`ve just about put ourselves in a position where it`s in our own hands now. Was looking at the Remaining games for the teams in the bottom three and safe to say we`ve got the easiest run fixtures or some would say toughest as we`ve got Teams fighting for survival alongside us.

I`m hoping Moyes goes with this side tomorrow against Burnley :
    Fabianski
    Fredericks
    Diop
    Ogbonna
    Cresswell
    Soucek
    Rice(c)
    Yarmolenko*
    Wilshere*
    Bowen
    Antonio

*Yarmolenko I feel would offer more then Fornals.
    *Wilshere I believe would be better to start against Burnley as he can keep the ball and create chances better then Lanzini at the moment.
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Tue 07 Jul 2020, 8:38 am

Arran wrote:Yeah if we go down now then it is only our own fault as we`ve just about put ourselves in a position where it`s in our own hands now. Was looking at the Remaining games for the teams in the bottom three and safe to say we`ve got the easiest run fixtures or some would say toughest as we`ve got Teams fighting for survival alongside us.

Fabianski
    Fredericks
    Diop
    Ogbonna
    Cresswell
    Soucek
    Rice(c)
    Yarmolenko*
    Wilshere*
    Bowen
    Antonio

*Wilshere I believe would be better to start against Burnley as he can keep the ball and create chances better then Lanzini at the moment.

Not a bad line-up and by 'not-bad' I mean... pretty much the only choice we have.

Fornals has been largely anonymous so far and will be hardly missed.
    Lanzini is nothing like the layer he almost turned out to be and needs to not play until he gets his act together.
    Anderson is so poor he doesn't even make people's potential line-ups. He should be sold - if anyone would take him.
    Noble should be a cup player or last resort substitute.

The only real starters that don't make you wince are:

Fabianski
    Soucek
    Bowen
    Antonio

everyone else kinda makes too many mistakes to really make you comfortable about them being there - but like I said, there ain't (m)any options in the squad...

Diop's been the least worst out of the remaining.
    Arran
    Boot Cleaner

Post  Arran Tue 07 Jul 2020, 11:48 am

westhamonkey wrote:
    Arran wrote:Yeah if we go down now then it is only our own fault as we`ve just about put ourselves in a position where it`s in our own hands now. Was looking at the Remaining games for the teams in the bottom three and safe to say we`ve got the easiest run fixtures or some would say toughest as we`ve got Teams fighting for survival alongside us.

Fabianski
    Fredericks
    Diop
    Ogbonna
    Cresswell
    Soucek
    Rice(c)
    Yarmolenko*
    Wilshere*
    Bowen
    Antonio

Not a bad line-up and by 'not-bad' I mean... pretty much the only choice we have.

Fornals has been largely anonymous so far and will be hardly missed.
    Lanzini is nothing like the layer he almost turned out to be and needs to not play until he gets his act together.
    Anderson is so poor he doesn't even make people's potential line-ups. He should be sold - if anyone would take him.
    Noble should be a cup player or last resort substitute.

The only real starters that don't make you wince are:

Fabianski
    Soucek
    Bowen
    Antonio

everyone else kinda makes too many mistakes to really make you comfortable about them being there - but like I said, there ain't (m)any options in the squad...

Diop's been the least worst out of the remaining.
    I`d add Rice to that group of players as well personally.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 09 May 2024, 5:39 pm