West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

5 posters

Ony 5 subs allowed in the Football League next season

Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Ony 5 subs allowed in the Football League next season Empty Ony 5 subs allowed in the Football League next season

Post  Tony P Thu 21 Jul 2011, 7:31 pm

From the Guardian.....

npower Football League clubs vote to reduce number of subs in matchday squad from seven to five

3:39pm Thursday 21st July 2011

Football League clubs have today voted to reduce the number of substitutes named for npower Football League matches from seven to five.

The decision will come into effect next season after the vote was taken at an EGM at Leicester City’s King Power Stadium.

Managers will still be allowed to name seven replacements for FA Cup and Carling Cup matches and five in the Johnstone’s Paint Trophy.

A Football League spokesman said: “This was felt to be a sensible and prudent step given the financial challenges facing many football clubs and the commitment made earlier this summer to adopt UEFA’s Financial Fair Play framework.”
    Geezer
    Geezer
    Reserves

Ony 5 subs allowed in the Football League next season Empty Re: Ony 5 subs allowed in the Football League next season

Post  Geezer Thu 21 Jul 2011, 7:53 pm

Load of bollix if you ask me , must be a method for their madness , why this change all of a sudden and who got the ball rolling ?
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Ony 5 subs allowed in the Football League next season Empty Re: Ony 5 subs allowed in the Football League next season

Post  Tony P Thu 21 Jul 2011, 8:12 pm

Geezer wrote:Load of bollix if you ask me , must be a method for their madness , why this change all of a sudden and who got the ball rolling ?

Not sure but it went to a vote. Apparently there were many times when clubs did not have enough players to fill their bench last season
    Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs Thu 21 Jul 2011, 11:35 pm

Good move is you ask me......all those last minute substitutions get right on my tits...
    Suzanne Claret
    Suzanne Claret
    1st Team Bench

Post  Suzanne Claret Fri 22 Jul 2011, 8:40 am

You can only change 3 players anyway - having 7 on the bench always seemed a bit much.
    IronDane
    IronDane
    Reserves

Post  IronDane Fri 22 Jul 2011, 1:05 pm

well, it's still nice to be able to have a player that fits into the position that an injured player played in. I don't think I like this, but if it is only in the chumps, we can forget about the rule next year WH Flag

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 02 May 2024, 6:52 pm