West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

+10
lizzie
mottinghammer
manurewa hammer
Jiggs
Campo
Tony P
Geezer
Johnny K
JulianDicksLeftKnee
IronDane
14 posters

Amy Winehouse dead

IronDane
    IronDane
    Reserves

Amy Winehouse dead Empty Amy Winehouse dead

Post  IronDane Sat 23 Jul 2011, 5:37 pm

found in her appartment in London. Certainly is happening a lot these days..

Singer Amy Winehouse, 27, has been found dead at her home, the Press Association has reported.

Last month, the north Londoner pulled out of her European tour after she was jeered at her comeback gig in Serbia for appearing too drunk to perform.

For 90 minutes, she mumbled through parts of songs and at times left the stage - leaving her band to fill in.

The troubled singer had a long battle with drink and drugs which overshadowed her musical career in recent years.

A Metropolitan Police spokesman confirmed that a 27-year-old woman had died in Camden and that the cause of death was as yet unexplained.

London Ambulance Service had been called to the flat at 1554 BST and sent two ambulances but the woman died, it said
    JulianDicksLeftKnee
    JulianDicksLeftKnee
    Reserves

Amy Winehouse dead Empty Re: Amy Winehouse dead

Post  JulianDicksLeftKnee Sat 23 Jul 2011, 6:13 pm

I no care.
    Johnny K
    Johnny K
    Academy

Post  Johnny K Sat 23 Jul 2011, 6:22 pm

Good singer on her day - but has totally screwed her life her own life up.
    Geezer
    Geezer
    Reserves

Post  Geezer Sat 23 Jul 2011, 6:51 pm

Thats a shame , talented girl but certainly had problems , no one knows what happens/happened behind the scene Sad
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Sat 23 Jul 2011, 7:20 pm

Just when her friends were getting used to wearing different colours - they will now have to go back to black

Copyright: Someone else whose name escapes me on Facebook
    JulianDicksLeftKnee
    JulianDicksLeftKnee
    Reserves

Post  JulianDicksLeftKnee Sat 23 Jul 2011, 8:07 pm

Tony P wrote:Just when her friends were getting used to wearing different colours - they will now have to go back to black

Copyright: Someone else whose name escapes me on Facebook

He or she sounds hilarious; I am surprised he or she hasn't been snapped up for comedy writing.

They tried to put her into a coffin, she said no, no, no.
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Sat 23 Jul 2011, 9:37 pm

to be honest i am surprised she lasted this long
    Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs Sat 23 Jul 2011, 10:29 pm

Geezer wrote:Thats a shame , talented girl but certainly had problems , no one knows what happens/happened behind the scene Sad

It's hard to comprehend how someone with so much could go down such a slippery slope, but goes on to show that money can't buy everything....

Neighbour wrote:
    One of the singer's immediate neighbours said he is convinced she died in the early hours of Friday because he heard screaming. He said:"I think something happened that night. It sounded like some weird sexual game. There was screaming and howling."

The man, who would not be named, said he was woken by the sound at around 2am that night. He added: "It just sounded really weird and my son said he heard some kind of drum beating.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    manurewa hammer
    manurewa hammer
    Reserves

Post  manurewa hammer Sun 24 Jul 2011, 3:20 am

Never heard of the poor dear meself. Sounds a shame but
    mottinghammer
    mottinghammer
    1st Team Bench

Post  mottinghammer Sun 24 Jul 2011, 7:44 am

Was driving into w**k last night when the 6pm news came on, mostly (correctly) about the dreadful happenings in Norway. At the end they broke the story of amy Winehouse's death. This was followed by the Aklan Carr show, who immediately went into how devestated he was and how it was such a great loss.

You guessed it, not the tragic deaths of 90+ innocents in Norway, but a drugged up singer who OD or took her own life, sorry but this country is getting more fcuked up by the day. 😠
    lizzie
    lizzie
    Academy

Post  lizzie Sun 24 Jul 2011, 9:53 am

Same with the papers tho, MH. Most of the front page of the Sunday Mirror is taken up with a picture of Winehouse's face on it, and only about a third showing the tragedy in Norway. I don't really give a fupp about AW, she was on a slippery slope all her life and those around her didn't do much to try to stop it; but those poor families in Norway have lost their young loved ones through no fault of their own.
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Sun 24 Jul 2011, 11:23 am

british media are something else.
    China : 35 dead , 200 injured in train crash
    USA: gunman opens fire at a skatting party , killing 5 injuring 3

and all they are worried about is that charlie nose bint Amy Winehouse dead 3725042725 ers
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Sun 24 Jul 2011, 11:39 am

Lizzie I think it says more about the British newspaper buying public - and therefore what sells newspapers - than the priorities of the papers themselves. The broadsheets all lead with the events in Norway
    Nicki
    Nicki
    Academy

Post  Nicki Sun 24 Jul 2011, 2:39 pm

manurewa hammer wrote:Never heard of the poor dear meself. Sounds a shame but

You old fart Stew Laughing
    lizzie
    lizzie
    Academy

Post  lizzie Sun 24 Jul 2011, 8:34 pm

But broadsheets are difficult to read - need really long arms! Amy Winehouse dead 86123369
    illhavehalf
    illhavehalf
    Ball Boy/Girl

Post  illhavehalf Mon 25 Jul 2011, 11:11 pm

I guess Elton John could sing at her funeral "Candle under the spoon" perhaps
    mottinghammer
    mottinghammer
    1st Team Bench

Post  mottinghammer Tue 26 Jul 2011, 3:52 am

rofl smiley
    TaniaP
    Boot Cleaner

Post  TaniaP Tue 26 Jul 2011, 11:40 am

lizzie wrote:Same with the papers tho, MH. Most of the front page of the Sunday Mirror is taken up with a picture of Winehouse's face on it, and only about a third showing the tragedy in Norway. I don't really give a fupp about AW, she was on a slippery slope all her life and those around her didn't do much to try to stop it; but those poor families in Norway have lost their young loved ones through no fault of their own.

Her family were trying to help her Lizzie but she was an addict. She was someone's daughter, sister, niece and it's a crying shame that she died so young. I hope no-one in your family goes down that road.

It's not a comparison between her and the poor young people in Norway. Both are very sad for different reasons.
    mottinghammer
    mottinghammer
    1st Team Bench

Post  mottinghammer Tue 26 Jul 2011, 2:46 pm

I'm very sorry, but she was rich and made her choices, which caused her death. The people in Norway didnt have any choices they were murdered by a nutter, I can't even equate the two things in the same way. All deaths are sad, but she chose the route to her demise, those in Norway had all their choices taken from them.

My point is that she is being made into some sad heroine, (by the media) that is a great loss to society, when in reality she was a drugged up singer who couldnt function and was going to be a drain on both her family and socity at large. She should not be lauded in anyway, other than as a fairly good singing voice for a short period of time.
    lizzie
    lizzie
    Academy

Post  lizzie Tue 26 Jul 2011, 5:30 pm

Tania, you are assuming that it hasn't already happened within my family. In fact it did, in the 80's.
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Tue 26 Jul 2011, 6:25 pm

i suppose it is one of those things , if you have seen someone take the slippery slope down and they are close to you it brings out a different emotion and view to those that have not. Addiction can grab a hold on peeps without them even realising what is going on, then the reality dawns that there is a problem, some make it out with the support of close ones, others the addiction alone creates a new problem and the slope goes further down.
    Amy had strong parents from what i can remember but there is a line (no pun intended) that once past can be near on impossible to return to.
    Its sad but a real reality that its is not just the 'rock stars' I personally knew a BT engineer that used to cut up on the toilet system in a telephone exchange of a lunch time.
    it is destructive to all those close to the addict but the addict themself can be going through hell just knowing what they are.
    TaniaP
    Boot Cleaner

Post  TaniaP Tue 26 Jul 2011, 6:32 pm

lizzie wrote:Tania, you are assuming that it hasn't already happened within my family. In fact it did, in the 80's.

Sorry to hear that Lizzie. I would have thought that would make you a bit more understanding.

I hope no-one told you that they didn't give a fupp?
    Geezer
    Geezer
    Reserves

Post  Geezer Tue 26 Jul 2011, 6:46 pm

Drugs . Hard drugs , soft drugs and legal drugs . Legal drugs where the goverment have control and make shit loads of money but still do the same amount of damage as soft drugs or even worse . I used to smoke , ffs how much damage did that cause . Alcohol , how many problems has that caused and beleive me I have seen the results of that close up . People who end up in shit street through any form of drug be it booze , heroin , whatever , need help . It takes a very strong person to get clean and it needs very strong friends and family to be there to help them stay clean . Its a fucked up world we live in and these bad things are going to keep happening . What is the answer ?
    lizzie
    lizzie
    Academy

Post  lizzie Tue 26 Jul 2011, 8:09 pm

No they didn't coz they were family and friends. However, those who had no idea who he was probably would have said that. That's why I don't give a fupp about Amy W, I didn't personally know her. Completely different when you do actually know the person involved.
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Tue 26 Jul 2011, 8:12 pm

Geezer wrote: Its a fucked up world we live in and these bad things are going to keep happening . What is the answer ?

Ummmm . . Skin up a fat one? Wink

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue 07 May 2024, 6:24 pm