West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

+6
Mattbloke
Campo
Suzanne Claret
Jo.
Tony P
Dave M
10 posters

Americans and TV

Dave M
    Dave M
    Tea Boy/Girl

Americans and TV Empty Americans and TV

Post  Dave M Thu 04 Aug 2011, 4:49 pm

I had this rant on my facebook, and I'll put it on here too.

I had the misfortune of stumbling across a TV programme called 'Fashion Police' earlier on one of those barrel-scraping satellite channels. Head-bint is Joan Rivers who, even at 197 years old, can probably ping her own face to the key of G#, yet despite this obvious physical flaw, hosts a TV show in which she slags off peoples clothes and generally laughs at people in a professional capacity.

So Joan Rivers is the main course in this particular meal of a show, but is accompanied by a side-platter of younger, but equally air-headed idiots. They consist of two overtanned female-camels, and a luminous-clad male who is clearly as straight as a donut, and they all basically just make horrible comments about celebrities and the clothes they've worn that week, but it goes further than just fashion talk, and reminds me more of school bullying than anything else.

Never before have I seen a TV programme with such horrible, yet socially prescribed morals, and hosted by a shower of ironic mutants whos life priorities are so completely up-side-down.

I know it's hypocritical for me to slate them in their own style, but I think they deserve it.

I would never watch any programme about fashion or celebrities, but felt strangely compelled to keep watching it for it's last 10 minutes in a twisted state of intrigue.
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Americans and TV Empty Re: Americans and TV

Post  Tony P Thu 04 Aug 2011, 6:58 pm

clap
    Jo.
    Jo.
    Tea Boy/Girl

Post  Jo. Thu 04 Aug 2011, 10:30 pm

This is one of my own pet moans: the appalling state of TV and music in this country. Fact is we used to be able to say "only in America".... not any bloody more!

I blame reality tv, cheapskate gobs on sticks at the BBC et al thinking "cheap to make, no star egos to pay off, no effort, lovely". I also blame *news*papers whose entire front ten pages are made up of the mind numbing, tedious minutiae of the pond life of some nobody I have never heard of. The cult of celebrity is completely out of control. And rather than going out and getting hatracked on a Friday and Saturday night, and returning home having been to an Indian at closing time to eat a Phall, chucking it all back up and possibly being arrested for a breach of the peace, which has been for many years the standard habit of the average Brit..... He and she are sitting mindlessly in front of the 129" 3d/hologram projection tv set, being hypnotised by Simon finguck Cowell on one of his dire shows.

And that semi rant (be afraid....) neatly brings us back to the original posting, because "Pop Idle" (sic), "Dancing with Zimmers and one brain cell", and "Let's Make a Dope Deal" are also based in belittling people. And yes it DOES come across like bullying. And it is hateful.

But I suggest, Dave, that the answer to any questions such as: why oh why oh why do they come out with such regurgitated crap is in your final paragraph:

"I would never watch any programme about fashion or celebrities, but felt strangely compelled to keep watching it for it's last 10 minutes in a twisted state of intrigue."

Car crash tv.

We have become a nation of dimwitted, easily pleased morons. Nothing stimulates the brain any more as far as TV is concerned. We have also, it seems, lost the great British dry humour, and are happily snickering at banana skin stuff.

And someone should do us all a favour and assassinate that skeletal, death's head with the rictus smile, aka Joan Rivers...... and Ruby Wax too.

GAH!
    Suzanne Claret
    Suzanne Claret
    1st Team Bench

Post  Suzanne Claret Fri 05 Aug 2011, 8:49 am

I dont watch this kind of TV - its valium for the masses, you can feel your IQ dropping at a 100mph Americans and TV 957720
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Fri 05 Aug 2011, 9:31 am

Suzanne Claret wrote:I dont watch this kind of TV - its valium for the masses, you can feel your IQ dropping at a 100mph Americans and TV 957720

I am with you there Su. I couldn't have put it better myself
    Jo.
    Jo.
    Tea Boy/Girl

Post  Jo. Fri 05 Aug 2011, 12:18 pm

I don't have a tv any more.
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Fri 05 Aug 2011, 3:15 pm

its retared TV for the retarded masses... god forbid if they were to stumble across the discovery channel by mistake
    Jo.
    Jo.
    Tea Boy/Girl

Post  Jo. Fri 05 Aug 2011, 6:11 pm

Can't see that happening TW. They have enough problems with CBeebies.
    Mattbloke
    Ball Boy/Girl

Post  Mattbloke Wed 10 Aug 2011, 12:57 am

Dave M wrote:I had this rant on my facebook, and I'll put it on here too

I would never watch any programme about fashion or celebrities, but felt strangely compelled to keep watching it for it's last 10 minutes in a twisted state of intrigue.

Don't forget that TV in the States has to pay for itself and many, like you, watch it in a state of horrified curiosity then get hit with adverts.

Who's Jeremy Kyle anyway? A wannabe Oprah, that's all. The Southern California TV offers over 700 channels- they can't all show 'The World at War' or 'Frasier' 24/7. A lot of good stuff is made here, but so is a lot of tripe, and every producer is chasing the same buck so everything is done in a hurry- a drama that would be developed over 2 hours at home is banged out in 45 minutes here, to allow for the ads which pay for it all. Smile
    Cochese
    Cochese
    Boot Cleaner

Post  Cochese Tue 07 Aug 2012, 12:42 am

No one here watches it either, which explains why it's on E!.
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Tue 07 Aug 2012, 9:18 am

if you ever feel down and fed up with life

just watch 5 mins of that Kyle twat, or any other retarded chav TV

life is good again

Sir Ian
    Sir Ian
    Academy

Post  Sir Ian Thu 09 Aug 2012, 8:16 am

i hate these fu*kin shows, i couldn't pick jeremy kyle out of a line up, but the problem is these muppets and this pathetic genre of tv is HUGELY popular, it makes millions for the tv companies and the twonks hosting the shows as well.
    the problem is with the moronic muppets who religously watch the shows, if no one watched them they would be off air faster than curry goes thru a dysentary sufferer! so while you all slate the programmes (which is only right and proper) remeber they are watched by the masses, the masses who also vote for people in government and keep papers like the sun in circulation etc etc.
    SO my solution is EXTERMINATE THE MASSES! harsh but very fair imho Smile
    JulianDicksLeftKnee
    JulianDicksLeftKnee
    Reserves

Post  JulianDicksLeftKnee Thu 09 Aug 2012, 1:01 pm

If it helps, Jeremy Kyle is a West Ham fan!

As with those above, don't watch reality shit.
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Thu 09 Aug 2012, 4:00 pm

Too many channels to choose from , whats wrong with having BBC1 BBC2 and ITV oh and A West Ham channel , sorted

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed 08 May 2024, 7:03 pm