West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

+2
mottinghammer
Tony P
6 posters

A sign of things to come this season?

Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

A sign of things to come this season? Empty A sign of things to come this season?

Post  Tony P Fri 05 Aug 2011, 9:37 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

We are going to be on TV a lot this season and it looks like it will affect our attendances Sad
    mottinghammer
    mottinghammer
    1st Team Bench

A sign of things to come this season? Empty Re: A sign of things to come this season?

Post  mottinghammer Fri 05 Aug 2011, 9:45 am

Unfortuantely thats what happens when you take the big bucks off of Murdoch and co. The clubs can't have it both ways, full stadiums to watch games against second class opposition and TV dosh, I'm afraid we will see less than 30K for a lot of games at UP this season, unless we run away with the league.
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

A sign of things to come this season? Empty Re: A sign of things to come this season?

Post  Campo Fri 05 Aug 2011, 9:57 am

its not the ticket price for the game that is the real killer its the bloody expensive public transport system, ticket £35 ish . travel £40 ish , its not like i live the other end of the country.
    Suzanne Claret
    Suzanne Claret
    1st Team Bench

Post  Suzanne Claret Fri 05 Aug 2011, 11:00 am

That and the London Underground shutting off bits of the District Line & DLR.
    Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs Fri 05 Aug 2011, 5:54 pm

Suzanne Claret wrote:That and the London Underground shutting off bits of the District Line & DLR.

Oh great.....is there any planned for Sunday?
    JulianDicksLeftKnee
    JulianDicksLeftKnee
    Reserves

Post  JulianDicksLeftKnee Fri 05 Aug 2011, 5:58 pm

Might go now-the lazy sods have decided they want to go with me so will try to secure tickets tomorrow (have to ring for spaz-side seats).
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Fri 05 Aug 2011, 7:54 pm

Sullivan was saying last week that being on TV is no good for us financially. He said that in the PL Sky pay around £600,000 per game. In the Chumpionship it is around £60,000. Apparently that doesn't cover the loss of revenue from the reduced attendances due to TV Sad
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Fri 05 Aug 2011, 8:22 pm

if we are up there in the top 3 i dont think there will be too many empty seats
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Fri 05 Aug 2011, 8:52 pm

ThreeWheeling wrote:if we are up there in the top 3 i dont think there will be too many empty seats

I hope you are right TW

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 19 May 2024, 10:30 am