West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

+15
Charlie Ham
Abbi Normal
Tony P
manurewa hammer
Jiggs
mottinghammer
Admin
Kray JR
lizzie
Geezer
Nicki
Blakey
Suzanne Claret
Arran H
Campo
19 posters

Olympic Park Legacy Company pull the plug

Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Olympic Park Legacy Company pull the plug  - Page 4 Empty Re: Olympic Park Legacy Company pull the plug

Post  Admin Tue 27 Mar 2012, 5:05 pm

Hernia at it again

“The fact is, though, when you look at the design, it’s a magnificent athletics stadium but you can’t play football there.

“West Ham can do whatever West Ham want to do, I will object to having a major club right on my doorstep threatening to put me out of business. You must expect me to fight my corner.
    The Olympic stadium is not fit for football— Barry Hearn

“My confusion, though, is how to do you play football at a stadium where the first row of seats are at ground level? The angle going back on the seats is so gradual that if there’s someone tall in front of you, you can’t see what’s going on. The seats are 40-50 yards away from pitch. If that’s football, then I’m out.

“You’re going to rebuild the stadium by knocking it down, which was a good idea by Tottenham and what should have happened, but the government aren’t brave enough to bite the bullet [and make that decision].

“Now we have to wait to and see whether West Ham go into there. I understand from them that they have a whole list of requirements that they want before they move in.

“That’s in breach of the bid document [because you’re effectively] asking them to rebuild it internally. West Ham are not filling up Upton Park, why do you want to go to a 60,000 seater stadium for?

“This stadium is a very good athletics stadium. If you want athletics in there you won’t find many better stadiums in the world. We’ve won the 2017 World Athletics Championships, but we have to wait five years for 10 days of athletic competition.

“The government have made it a condition that the athletics track has to stay for 99 years, and that is a long time for a stadium to stand a white elephant. I think they’re going to have a problem.”

Olympic Park Legacy Company pull the plug  - Page 4 3725042725
    Charlie Ham
    Charlie Ham
    1st Team Bench

Olympic Park Legacy Company pull the plug  - Page 4 Empty Re: Olympic Park Legacy Company pull the plug

Post  Charlie Ham Tue 27 Mar 2012, 5:37 pm

Admin wrote:Hernia at it again

“The fact is, though, when you look at the design, it’s a magnificent athletics stadium but you can’t play football there.

“West Ham can do whatever West Ham want to do, I will object to having a major club right on my doorstep threatening to put me out of business. You must expect me to fight my corner.
    The Olympic stadium is not fit for football— Barry Hearn

“My confusion, though, is how to do you play football at a stadium where the first row of seats are at ground level? The angle going back on the seats is so gradual that if there’s someone tall in front of you, you can’t see what’s going on. The seats are 40-50 yards away from pitch. If that’s football, then I’m out.

“You’re going to rebuild the stadium by knocking it down, which was a good idea by Tottenham and what should have happened, but the government aren’t brave enough to bite the bullet [and make that decision].

“Now we have to wait to and see whether West Ham go into there. I understand from them that they have a whole list of requirements that they want before they move in.

“That’s in breach of the bid document [because you’re effectively] asking them to rebuild it internally. West Ham are not filling up Upton Park, why do you want to go to a 60,000 seater stadium for?

“This stadium is a very good athletics stadium. If you want athletics in there you won’t find many better stadiums in the world. We’ve won the 2017 World Athletics Championships, but we have to wait five years for 10 days of athletic competition.

“The government have made it a condition that the athletics track has to stay for 99 years, and that is a long time for a stadium to stand a white elephant. I think they’re going to have a problem.”

Olympic Park Legacy Company pull the plug  - Page 4 3725042725

Got to say he is right about the stadium not being fit for football at the moment. Only way I can see this stadium being suitable is to lower the pitch and running track so you can bring the seats forward for football and remove them when using the running track. Whoever design this stadium went out of his / her way to make it difficult for football.
    I do agree that he is a: Olympic Park Legacy Company pull the plug  - Page 4 3725042725
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Tue 27 Mar 2012, 5:46 pm

Everyone knows it aint fit for football and it was never thought about either " What do we do with it after " I just detest that worm and his digs at us whenever he gets the chance , 22 carat ......
    Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs Tue 27 Mar 2012, 6:21 pm

He's a nob.....and knows nothing about true football supporters. :|

Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Tue 27 Mar 2012, 6:53 pm

that arse is only making sure that his name is in the paper, he wants to keep his name up there for when he thinks there is a chance he might gain financialy out of it
    only one thing on that scumbags mind
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Olympic Park Legacy Company pull the plug  - Page 4 Empty Karren Brady says the supports are in favour of the move

Post  Tony P Tue 03 Apr 2012, 9:48 pm

From The Telegraph....

West Ham supporters back move to Olympic Stadium, insists club vice-chairman Karren Brady

West Ham vice-chairman Karren Brady claimed that the supporters who had seen the detailed proposals to move from Upton Park to the Olympic Stadium were “100 per cent” behind the switch if their 99-year lease tender to become the anchor tenant succeeds.

Olympic Stadium - Supporters back West Ham move to Olympic Stadium, insists vice-chairman Karren Brady
    Big attraction: West Ham moving to the 60,000-seat Olympic Stadium would attract an extra million visitors a year to the Olympic Park

Brady said she had shown scores of supporters on an advisory board, representing a cross-section of the club membership, the detailed plans for the move, the finances underpinning the optimism for a switch from the 35,000-seat Upton Park and the opportunities to grow the club and the area.

She said having West Ham at the 60,000-seat Olympic Stadium would attract an extra million visitors a year to the Olympic Park and bring a global profile to the stadium. Importantly for the supporters, such a move would bring about reduced ticket prices, even though the club’s owners were injecting around £30 million a year to underpin the club’s finances.

“They are persons of substantial wealth,” said Brady of David Sullivan and David Gold, noting that they were personally committed to the club having taken on £100 million of debt – an amount since whittled down to £70 million – and were fully behind the proposed move.

Brady said all of the supporters have had to sign a strict confidentiality clause before hearing the plans but claimed “all of them have agreed with what I have presented, there hasn’t been a single dissenting voice”.

She was slightly frustrated that the plans could not be divulged to the wider fan base until a decision had been taken.

Brady said the club’s Olympic Stadium proposals would w**k with football in winter and athletics in summer and that the football sight lines would not be an issue.

“We believe this is the best move for our fans and supporters and makes attending matches more affordable. There is a chance to grow revenue and increase financial stability and is the only way for us to move to the next level,” she said.

She said the stadium offered twice the spectator capacity and much greater corporate hospitality options.

West Ham are one of four main bidders for the Olympic Stadium with a decision expected on successful “anchor concessionaires” due at the end of May.

US sports operators and concert promoters could also be involved in the bidding process. It is understood the Mayor of London, whether that be Boris Johnson or Ken Livingstone, will sign off on the successful applicants.

West Ham have permission for any future move from the Premier League but the club had not yet sought permission from the football league.
    Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs Thu 05 Apr 2012, 1:05 am

Who the fcuk picked this 'special 50'?

OLAS wrote:If ther were to put in retractable seating the roof would have to be extended and the floodlights moved further in towards the pitch. The pitch would also have to be raised to fit in the undersoil heating, without effecting the toxic waste.

It will be a perfect excuse, for the board and the OPLC to deny us fans any retractable seating and under floor heating. When Ms. Brady was asked would she compromise if the OPLC didn't agree, she said 'I don't know'. We all know that Brady, Gold and Sullivan would have sat round a table and discussed all possibilities, so when she says she doesn't know, she really means yes, but don't tell the fans, we are trying to pull the wool over their eyes.
    Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs Thu 05 Apr 2012, 11:27 pm

Hernia is at it again, from another angle.....

I never wanted to move to this stadium, mainly because of the running track. But since then the obstacles that have been put in the way, the twists, turns and failure so far, should have raised alarm bells - but oh no.

Why oh why do the board continually persist with this? They were given the opportunity to walk away unscathed, because if they fail again now, it will be down to fuckin Hearnia and the rest of the hate mob, and our club will once again be a laughing stock.

If you can face watching and listening to the cnut, go here [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

London 2012: West Ham's Olympic Stadium bid flawed, says Barry Hearn
    By Dan Roan

West Ham's latest bid to move into the Olympic Stadium is "fundamentally flawed" and should be disqualified, according to Leyton Orient chairman Barry Hearn.

West Ham have declared their renewed application to move from Upton Park after the collapse of their original attempt following legal challenges from Orient and Tottenham Hotspur.

The Championship club have applied for a 99-year lease of the stadium, but Hearn is now demanding the bid is rejected.

"I am 100% certain that West Ham do not have the permission of the Football League, a fundamental criteria of the bid process" Hearn told the BBC.

"The Olympic Park Legacy Company [OLPC] have no choice but to disqualify them."

In December 2011 the OPLC listed certain minimum requirements for bidders, including "governing body consent.

According to the OPLC's Invitation to Tender document: "Each bidder who proposes content of a sporting nature must have written confirmation from the relevant governing body that the said governing body supports fixtures being played at the stadium..."

Hearn believes West Ham failed to meet that condition by 23 March, the deadline for bids.

"We have now, through our lawyers, written to the OPLC, asking if this clause was satisfied as we believe it wasn't, and we've asked for West Ham's bid to be disqualified," he said.

Hearn says he is now writing to the Mayor of London Boris Johnson and Sports Minister Hugh Robertson.

Leyton Orient are challenging the legality of the Premier League's decision last year to allow West Ham to move to the stadium on the basis it failed to take into consideration the adverse effect on Orient.

West Ham were relegated last season.

"I think they've relied on a Premier League letter saying that they're quite happy," said Hearn.

"But the Premier League are irrelevant because West Ham are now a Football League club, of which we're also a member. So we're looking for our rights to be upheld.

"I don't think the Football League have made any ruling on this at all. The case would be heard by the league's board. It makes West Ham fundamentally flawed in their bid process."

"The OPLC has constantly moved the goalposts, but this is one where they've really put a noose round their own neck. If they move the goal-posts again, Leyton Orient will once again seek a judicial review against them."

Leyton Orient themselves considered moving to the Olympic Stadium, but withdrew on the basis that it was "not fit for football".

Hearn fears West Ham's move to the 2012 stadium, which will be converted into a 60,000-seater venue after the Games, will jeopardise the League One club's future by tempting fans away from Brisbane Road.

"We're totally opposed to West Ham taking occupancy of the stadium," said Hearn.

"My mind boggles at the problems they will give us. It would be extremely harmful to Leyton Orient.

"All the shenanigans over the stadium have gone on for years and years and years. It's fundamentally flawed in design. They should knock it down and start again."

West Ham face competition from three other bidders.

The club told the BBC: "West Ham United has submitted a bid to play matches at the Olympic Stadium from 2014. The rules of the competition impose duties of confidentiality which all bidders must abide by and therefore we make no further comment."

A spokesperson for the London Legacy Development Corporation said: "We have said all along we would not be commenting on what is a confidential process."

The Football League declined to comment.
    Nicki
    Nicki
    Academy

Post  Nicki Fri 06 Apr 2012, 10:39 am

Just what is his problem? Apart from being a grade one prick that is?
    Supporters are usually supporters from birth of a local club. If they defect cos someone else has a shiny new stadium they never were true fans anyway. Get a life Hearn ffs.
    I dont paricularly want the OS but hope we get it now just to fcuk him up.
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Mon 14 May 2012, 7:22 pm

The fate of the Olympic Stadium will continue to hang in the balance until after the 2012 Games, after a further delay to the process of finding a tenant was announced. The London Legacy Development Corporation said it planned to extend the deadline for bids for a further eight weeks, to allow some of those who expressed an interest but did not bid to re-enter the process.

The LLDC, which took over responsibility for finding legacy uses for the eight Olympic Park venues from the Olympic Park Legacy Company, received 16 expressions of interest earlier this year, but only four firm bids.

West Ham have long been favourite to be the main anchor tenant for the £486m stadium, but, after the original process fell apart in the midst of legal challenges and delay, have made it clear they will only move in on their terms.

"We have been very encouraged by the quality of the bids so far. However, a number of issues have arisen during the process and we believe it is sensible to give everyone more time so they can be addressed," said the LLDC chief executive Andrew Altman. "We want to make the process as competitive as possible and extending the competition period will allow all parties that registered an initial interest in the stadium another chance to bid."

Some of the areas that the LLDC has said it will make "a number of clarifications" to include the need for governing body approval, technical improvements to the stadium and the ability to bid for the naming rights to the stadium.

Leyton Orient's chairman Barry Hearn has claimed that West Ham failed to secure Football League approval, which will no longer be necessary under the new criteria.

West Ham also want to install retractable seating, a full roof, and hospitality facilities. One of the key areas of negotiation is over how they will be paid for.

West Ham are also anxious to control the naming rights of the stadium, rather than them being sold as part of a parallel process as originally planned. Altman has insisted in the past that the stadium can pay its way as a mixed use facility without public subsidy, even if West Ham don't move in as an anchor tenant.

But if an agreement wasn't reached with West Ham, it may place fresh question marks over the £40m loan that Newham Council has committed to the project.

The LLDC, which will have a new chair in June when Daniel Moylan takes over from Margaret Ford, insisted it remained on track to sign binding construction contracts at the end of October and re-open the venue in spring 2014.

Brady , tell Boris to shuv it . END OF
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Tue 22 May 2012, 5:48 pm

From our owner , or one of them anyway

"I would say to the West Ham fans that if they liked Wembley, they will like our new stadium."

"The similarities are amazing and, if we get the plan we want, it will be very special. It will be great for East London."

"It`s a wonderful stadium and if we are going to compete with the big clubs then we have to have a bigger ground."

"That`s our aim. West Ham are coming again and the days of decline are over."

Read more: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    JulianDicksLeftKnee
    JulianDicksLeftKnee
    Reserves

Post  JulianDicksLeftKnee Tue 22 May 2012, 7:22 pm

It will happen. Simple as that
    Stooby Doo 2002
    Stooby Doo 2002
    Boot Cleaner

Post  Stooby Doo 2002 Wed 23 May 2012, 2:04 pm

Personally I don't know what all of the fuss is about.....We have massive debts, we will not be able to clear them up through 35,000 every bloody game....Jesus christ people already whinge about how much ticket prices have risen! If half of the fans run our club I fear there would not be a club left to run!!!

The bottom line is that it makes perfect business sense to move to the OS.....Fans get cheaper tickets, we get 50,000 singing bubbles every game, we get to play in a stadium which will already have history with the olympics, it's not a bad looking stadium reminiscent of the MCG in Melbourne, we will never be able to upgrade UP to 60,000, there just isn't the space in a council area to do this with increased traffic etc! Being at Wembley last week made me think that even being up in the rafters I knew I was miles away from the action but the sight lines were still very good....I believe the sight lines will be almost the same at the OS once it's all sorted out!

I think the move is in the best interest of the club and I personally am looking forward for the club to get one over on that nob Hearne!
    Suzanne Claret
    Suzanne Claret
    1st Team Bench

Post  Suzanne Claret Wed 23 May 2012, 2:22 pm

I agree Stu...
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Wed 23 May 2012, 5:18 pm

50,000 Stoobs? It would be nice. But even having 10,000 empty seats will be reminiscent of all the empty seats at clubs like Middlesbrough

Not sure we need a 60,000 seater stadium. 45-50,000 would be plenty. My main concern is how they deal with the running track issue. They cannot dig down as the ground underneath the stadium is contaminated, so how are they going to cascade the seating at pitch level on the running track so that people can actually see above the person in front?

I completely understand the financial reasons for the move (selling UP and clearing most of our debt) but I would need to see the plans before I agree with going there
    JulianDicksLeftKnee
    JulianDicksLeftKnee
    Reserves

Post  JulianDicksLeftKnee Wed 23 May 2012, 5:33 pm

Ground level retractable seating would remedy the close to pitch issue on the lower tier. Rear areas will becom seating first for track/events, the rest of current seating on a lower level would be dismantled and used for other things non stadia events. So you would reduce capacity with the flexible seating on the lower tiers.

Rest stays as it is with options to extend/increase or close off/decrease capacity according to event even to category 1 or 2 games.

Another advantage or sweetener would be to make the entire pitch side seat-the whole level for STH and members only. Stick away fans in a highly segregated section on an upper tier. So potentially 15-20k on lower tier on retractable seating.

To my simple mind it can w**k. And it needs to.
    Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs Wed 23 May 2012, 5:37 pm

I can't even undestand what you are describing Jules....the running track is such a big issue ......and for the life of me I cannot see a way round it Very Happy 'boom boom'

Seriously though, I don't understand why it has to be so top secret and am intrigued to see the master plan uncovered. I just don't see myself nodding and saying "ahhhh of course - brilliant idea"

Nicki
    Nicki
    Academy

Post  Nicki Wed 23 May 2012, 9:07 pm

Probably top secret to stop Hearne getting his knickers in a twist again.
    Suzanne Claret
    Suzanne Claret
    1st Team Bench

Post  Suzanne Claret Thu 24 May 2012, 8:46 am

Hernia is so panicked at the thought of West Ham moving a few miles closer that he will do anything to de-rail it. Which just makes me want it more :whfinger:

If done properly I think it will be a good move for us, GaS haven’t let us down yet and have delivered everything they said they would.
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Olympic Park Legacy Company pull the plug  - Page 4 Empty that twat is up to it again

Post  Campo Wed 30 May 2012, 2:46 pm

from KUMB

Hearn's cheeky Stratford bid

Filed: Wednesday, 30th May 2012
    By: Staff Writer

Leyton Orient are set to approach West Ham United with view to ground-sharing the Olympic Stadium, according to reports.

The League One club, whose outspoken Chairman Barry Hearn has been against West Ham's move to Stratford since it first emerged that the club were hoping to move across the borough have intimated that they are set to approach United with the offer imminently.

According to a report by David Smith in tonight's Evening Standard, Hearn will "seek talks" with West Ham's co-chairman David Gold and David Sullivan in an attempt to shoe-horn his club into the deal.

Meanwhile a 'source' told the Standard: "It ticks all the boxes. Why not ground-share? It already happens all over the world."

However given Hearn's vocal opposition to West Ham's move, it is unlikely that any offer will be considered by co-owners Sullivan and Gold, who were told recently that they were "overwhelmingly likely" to be awarded tenancy of the stadium by London mayor Boris Johnson.

Despite last week's deadline day for bids being delayed by eight weeks, Johnson saw no reason why that would hurt West Ham's bid for use of the stadium.

"I don’t think we should read too much into this," he said. "It is very important to get all the legal nails hit squarely on the head so that the thing does not come unstuck. That is taking a bit of time.

"I still think it is overwhelmingly likely that there will be a footballing solution and that would be a good thing. But It is very important that it should be legally watertight.

"This is a major piece of public infrastructure with big state aid implications that we are trying to transfer to commercial concerns and that is always going to evoke very complicated legal problems."

More Sharing ServicesShare| Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on email Share on print

Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs Wed 30 May 2012, 4:36 pm

Yeah right....Like the double d's would contemplate sharing anything but a wart on the end of their noses with that prick.

He's gotta be on another wind up. WHUF
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Wed 30 May 2012, 6:57 pm

what gets me is that would mean the O's moving into another borough !!!!

OH naughty naughty Barry.. we cant have that , that would be encroaching on our patch , we could lose fans and ticket sales , it could ruin us

cheesey grin

Hearn... you double standard retard go fcuk yourself WHUF
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Wed 30 May 2012, 9:05 pm

ThreeWheeling wrote:
    Jiggs wrote:If Dave, Dave and Karen have anything at all about them, they will heed the warnings we've had so far and tell the OPLC to shove it where the sun don't shine. They need to show us 'they didn't get where they are today' by allowing arse'oles to take the piss.

The thought of them taking a risk on this rolling one year lease, with a group of tossers that change their minds at the drop of a hat, is finguck scary .... angry2

Oh, and wot Daz and Motty said about tarting up the Boleyn, and Hearnia is a cnut.

gold said last night it will be a 250 year lease :affraid:

I have à sneaky fealing I wont be around by then
    Charlie Ham
    Charlie Ham
    1st Team Bench

Post  Charlie Ham Wed 30 May 2012, 10:20 pm

250 year lease.
    Just when I'm about to retire.
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Thu 31 May 2012, 7:16 pm

cheesey grin this was re-tweeted by Gold

Dave keeble ‏@dober_man

@DavidGoldWHU Hearn on talk sport earlier on his u turn. After months of slinging mud at us he now wants to get in bed with us, odious man.
    Retweeted by David Gold

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 17 May 2024, 7:49 am