West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

5 posters

E-mail from the FA

Geezer
    Geezer
    Reserves

E-mail from the FA Empty E-mail from the FA

Post  Geezer Thu 17 Mar 2011, 3:45 pm

In response to my complaint the other day about the useless wanker Jones , probably a standard letter , Blakey dide you get the same or anyone else for that matter

Dear Geezer

Thank you for contacting The Football Association.

Whilst understanding your frustration as a football fan, every supporter will have an opinion on the game’s major talking points and we’re always interested to hear them. The Football Association receives frequent correspondence on individual refereeing decisions across all levels of football as well as on the performance of referees in general. It is important to understand that without a referee there is no game and as a result the long-term health of football relies on recruiting, retaining and developing referees. Whilst 100% consistency is impossible when human judgment is introduced into a situation, referees get the overwhelmingly majority of decisions right. In fact they are arguably the most consistent people in the game making split-second decisions that will be analysed repeatedly by slow motion cameras and panels of football experts.

There is a system in place for monitoring the performance of referees and referee's assistants. This involves referees assessors and reports from club managers. All assessors come from a footballing background and the majority are fully qualified referees themselves. The performances of referees over a season are then taken into consideration when the leagues appoint their referees for the following season.

We do appreciate all of the feedback we receive from supporters. This feedback is collated and used to build a picture of public opinion and is subsequently fed back internally within the organisation. Please rest assured your suggestions will form part of this feedback process.

Kind regards

Alex Burkwood | Customer Relations Officer

Customer Relations

The FA Group
    Wembley Stadium, Wembley, London, HA9 0WS

Postal address: Wembley Stadium, PO Box 1966, London, SW1P 9EQ

T +44 (0) 844 980 8200 | F+44 (0) 844 980 8201

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

E-mail from the FA Empty Re: E-mail from the FA

Post  Jiggs Thu 17 Mar 2011, 7:12 pm

I didn't.... :silent:
    Blakey
    Blakey
    Reserves

Post  Blakey Thu 17 Mar 2011, 10:04 pm

Yup, identical, word for word.

I have replied to that though ;o)
    mottinghammer
    mottinghammer
    1st Team Bench

Post  mottinghammer Fri 18 Mar 2011, 10:02 am

Wrote an e-mail found I was getting veyr annoyed and deleted it without sending it, as I was starting to lose it, as can be seen from the replies was a waste of time anyway, Selfserving shitpots the lot of them. Hope Grant gives them a blast at his hearing, shows the videos of the games and says well, theres the evidence of Stoke cheating and the ref being a cnut, what are you going to do about that? Fine him at least £30K and ban him for 6 months because we aint manure.

Nedd some more angry, pissed off smilies please admin! tits
    Geezer
    Geezer
    Reserves

Post  Geezer Fri 18 Mar 2011, 11:33 am

Will get on it later dude , I have a feeling they will be needed for the run in Very Happy

Post  Guest Sat 19 Mar 2011, 7:38 am

Blakey wrote:Yup, identical, word for word.

I have replied to that though ;o)

I dare say you will receive a standard reply to that as well...................
    Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs Sat 19 Mar 2011, 11:53 am

Hopefully not, our Blakey has a way with words...........so they'll probably just admit defeat by ignoring him
    Blakey
    Blakey
    Reserves

Post  Blakey Sat 19 Mar 2011, 3:01 pm

This is my reply:-

Dear Alex,

Thank you for your reply

If I’m honest, it was no more than I expected. I can fully understand the FA’s stance in supporting Referee’s and the need for constant recruitment of Referee’s. Having been involved in Junior Football for several years I can appreciate the difficult position referee’s occasionally find themselves in.

However, in the case of Mike Jones I would make an exception. He received a verbal tongue lashing from Tony Pulis in the tunnel at half time. A fact much reported by players and journalists at the game. Mr Pulis was almost incandescent that Mr Jones had allowed, what Mr Pulis believed to be, a goal where there was possibly use of the arm.

It was evident immediately the second half started that the verbal ear bashing Mr Jones had received from Mr Pulis had affected his judgement. The decisions given by Mr Jones in favour of Stoke City far outweighed decisions given in West Ham’s favour. How he could allow a Stoke City player, (Robert Huth), to pull a West Ham player out of a defensive wall, throwing him to the floor, to create a gap for a shot to be taken which resulted in a goal is beyond me. The fact that a West Ham player was wrestled to the floor in the Stoke City penalty area and no penalty was given, (he actually gave a free kick to Stoke City), is something that all those watching, including the television commentators, pundits, crowd and myself find totally bizarre. That decision alone should be viewed by the FA and actions taken against Mr Jones to prevent him from refereeing such high pressure games.

I find it incredulous that the FA have charged Mr Grant with improper behaviour when in the opinion of 99% of the football world he was extremely restrained in his comments. Rather than charge Mr Grant with inappropriate behaviour, perhaps the same charge should be brought against Mr Jones as his ability to referee a game was inappropriate, and fell well short of the standard required in a high pressure fixture such as an FA Cup Semi Final. Especially if you look at the record book for this season. Mr Jones has refereed four Stoke City games this season. Three wins and one draw and in all of those games some bizarre decisions have gone in Stoke’s favour.

I would implore the FA to watch this game and examine the performance of Mr Jones throughout.

I see that Mr Jones has been allocated to the Sheffield United vs Leeds United match this weekend. I would urge the FA to do everything within its power to monitor this game. It is, once again, a high pressure fixture being a Yorkshire derby match. If he maintains his consistency, this match will also end in controversial circumstances.

Yours, disillusioned
    Geezer
    Geezer
    Reserves

Post  Geezer Sat 19 Mar 2011, 3:09 pm

Well put Blakey , looks like you have covered everything apart from the double summersault , 3 twist and a full pike by the dirty fucker ME . How would you like the job of " Chief Letter Writer " on behalf of the Cockney Boys Forum Bow . Seriously , the FA really need to start looking into some of the PL refs and their terrible decisions in important games . Keep us updated on their response dude
    Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs Sat 19 Mar 2011, 3:48 pm

Well put Blakey, as per Very Happy

Post  Guest Sat 19 Mar 2011, 9:38 pm

Blakey wrote:This is my reply:-

Dear Alex,

Thank you for your reply

If I’m honest, it was no more than I expected. I can fully understand the FA’s stance in supporting Referee’s and the need for constant recruitment of Referee’s. Having been involved in Junior Football for several years I can appreciate the difficult position referee’s occasionally find themselves in.

However, in the case of Mike Jones I would make an exception. He received a verbal tongue lashing from Tony Pulis in the tunnel at half time. A fact much reported by players and journalists at the game. Mr Pulis was almost incandescent that Mr Jones had allowed, what Mr Pulis believed to be, a goal where there was possibly use of the arm.

It was evident immediately the second half started that the verbal ear bashing Mr Jones had received from Mr Pulis had affected his judgement. The decisions given by Mr Jones in favour of Stoke City far outweighed decisions given in West Ham’s favour. How he could allow a Stoke City player, (Robert Huth), to pull a West Ham player out of a defensive wall, throwing him to the floor, to create a gap for a shot to be taken which resulted in a goal is beyond me. The fact that a West Ham player was wrestled to the floor in the Stoke City penalty area and no penalty was given, (he actually gave a free kick to Stoke City), is something that all those watching, including the television commentators, pundits, crowd and myself find totally bizarre. That decision alone should be viewed by the FA and actions taken against Mr Jones to prevent him from refereeing such high pressure games.

I find it incredulous that the FA have charged Mr Grant with improper behaviour when in the opinion of 99% of the football world he was extremely restrained in his comments. Rather than charge Mr Grant with inappropriate behaviour, perhaps the same charge should be brought against Mr Jones as his ability to referee a game was inappropriate, and fell well short of the standard required in a high pressure fixture such as an FA Cup Semi Final. Especially if you look at the record book for this season. Mr Jones has refereed four Stoke City games this season. Three wins and one draw and in all of those games some bizarre decisions have gone in Stoke’s favour.

I would implore the FA to watch this game and examine the performance of Mr Jones throughout.

I see that Mr Jones has been allocated to the Sheffield United vs Leeds United match this weekend. I would urge the FA to do everything within its power to monitor this game. It is, once again, a high pressure fixture being a Yorkshire derby match. If he maintains his consistency, this match will also end in controversial circumstances.

Yours, disillusioned

I think premiership referees are slightly different from junior league referees. I do not think they will look at this with any preference. Perhaps they will reply just too keep you happy. If I was them I would...........
    Blakey
    Blakey
    Reserves

Post  Blakey Sun 20 Mar 2011, 1:08 pm

love4hammers wrote:I think premiership referees are slightly different from junior league referees.

Wrong.

A referee at junior level has the same powers as a premiership referee, even an unqualified parent. If your prepared to take the whistle and enter the field of play you will receive the same backing from the governing FA. Unless you are regularly given a low score, accompanied by an explanation for the award of a low score, then you will be watched by a representative of the League or county FA.

The only difference is that Premiership referee's get paid for it and are under constant assessment by their peers.
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Sun 20 Mar 2011, 10:12 pm

The only thing they will respond to in your letter is the fact that it was not an FA Cup Semi Final cheesey grin
    Blakey
    Blakey
    Reserves

Post  Blakey Mon 21 Mar 2011, 5:11 am

Tony P wrote:The only thing they will respond to in your letter is the fact that it was not an FA Cup Semi Final cheesey grin

Pedant

Full phrase "such as a FA Cup Semi Final"
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Mon 21 Mar 2011, 7:52 am

Blakey wrote:
    Tony P wrote:The only thing they will respond to in your letter is the fact that it was not an FA Cup Semi Final cheesey grin

Pedant

Full phrase "such as a FA Cup Semi Final"

Smile

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue 07 May 2024, 8:50 pm