West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

5 posters

Sir Geoff,s bathday

Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Sir Geoff,s bathday Empty Sir Geoff,s bathday

Post  Admin Thu 08 Dec 2011, 5:22 am

Today marks the 70th birthday of England’s hat-trick hero in 1966 and he is being honoured by the charity Sparks, for whom he has been made a life president, at their annual Winter Ball tonight.
    Hurst remains the only man to have scored three goals in a World Cup final and his exploits have made him not just a household name, but well known across the globe – whether he wants to be or not.
    “Last year I went with my wife for a few days in San Diego,” he said. “It was the hotel where they filmed Some Like It Hot. I was sitting in my sunglasses at the back of a crowded bar enjoying a margarita watching people going by on the walkway as I was chatting to my wife.
    “All of a sudden, a fella was stood next to me. He said, ‘You know, you look like Geoff Hurst,’ I said to him, ‘No, I’m Brian Ward’ – a name I often use.
    Last year I went with my wife for a few days in San Diego
    Sir Geoff Hurst
    “But he was having none of it. ‘You speak with the tongue of a snake,’ he replied somewhat poetically. ‘You even sound like him.’
    “So I admitted who I really was – as I always do straight away after I have had my joke. But it struck me that he was a South African who had been skiing in Colorado, halfway round the world from where you’d expect to find me. It amazes me how widely known that hat-trick is.”
    Hurst has been stunned by the initial response to a campaign to pull together the nation’s recollections on what they were doing on July 30, 1966. Almost five decades have passed since English football’s finest hour and still everybody wants to talk about it.

Have à good one dude
    Suzanne Claret
    Suzanne Claret
    1st Team Bench

Sir Geoff,s bathday Empty Re: Sir Geoff,s bathday

Post  Suzanne Claret Thu 08 Dec 2011, 8:38 am

Happy Birthday Sir Geoff
    mottinghammer
    mottinghammer
    1st Team Bench

Post  mottinghammer Thu 08 Dec 2011, 10:13 am

My first favourite hammer as a kid. Remember us playing manure at UP many years ago (game where scholes was sent off I think, may have been some other DNB) my guys and I were protecting the manure bus from all you nasty West Ham hooligans, when I saw him walking across the carpark to his rather posh motor. A moment not to miss, leaving my post and 10 rather confused coppers I sprinted (Not a pretty sight, and prob scared Sir Geoff more than any top class defender!) across the car park and accosted him with me programme, gave him my Metropolitan police issue biro and begged for his autograph, the look on his face was a picture. Chatted to him for a couple of mins, cos he was well confused by now and couldnt get away! Seemed like a decent fella. Think we drew 1-1, and I believe Peter Shilton was on the bench for us (he was a miserable git when I met him).

Happy birthday Brian Ward
    Nicki
    Nicki
    Academy

Post  Nicki Thu 08 Dec 2011, 10:43 am

Mine too Motty. Happy Birthday Sir Geoff Sir Geoff,s bathday 2737898206
    Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs Fri 09 Dec 2011, 12:40 am

Sorry I'm late Sir Geoff...hope you had a great day dude xx Sir Geoff,s bathday 2737898206

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 27 Apr 2024, 8:06 am