West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

+6
Suzanne Claret
JamesC
Arran H
mottinghammer
Admin
Jiggs
10 posters

Reading V West Ham United

Arran H
    Reserves

Reading V West Ham United - Page 2 Empty Re: Reading V West Ham United

Post  Arran H Sat 10 Dec 2011, 4:52 pm

Reading deserve to win this !! we have been outplayed by reading and two stupid moments from collison and o`brien have cost us the game - not that we were ever in the game ffs !!! I hope BFS goes f**king mental at the players they been very very poor today and poor is an understatment IMO!!!
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Sat 10 Dec 2011, 4:56 pm

WE WERE CRAP . END OF
    Nicki
    Nicki
    Academy

Post  Nicki Sat 10 Dec 2011, 5:23 pm

We are always shite at Reading. Take heart - it means he can't pick Collison for 3 games - always a bright side Wink
    SemiOldIron
    SemiOldIron
    Academy

Post  SemiOldIron Sat 10 Dec 2011, 6:20 pm

Nicki wrote:We are always shite at Reading. Take heart - it means he can't pick Collison for 3 games - always a bright side Wink

Yeah, there's always a bright side - I don't have to stay up till after midnight to watch the highlights, 'cos there weren't any.... :sleep:

Roll on next week.
    Arran H
    Reserves

Post  Arran H Sat 10 Dec 2011, 6:32 pm

Nicki wrote:We are always shite at Reading. Take heart - it means he can't pick Collison for 3 games - always a bright side Wink

Collison is a brilliant player and i think we will miss him . I think having seen what kebe was doing i think collison was in his right to go in on the player like did !!! Their is no place for showboating like that in the game and he deserve what he got just a shame that he didnt get injured Reading V West Ham United - Page 2 3725042725 angry2

As for the game , well its one to forgot and start to look at next saturday against barnsley !!
    Kray JR
    Kray JR
    Reserves

Post  Kray JR Sat 10 Dec 2011, 11:41 pm

Collison hasnt been the same since his injury from what I have seen.

I saw most of the second half and saw Noble strolling around giving away a few silly free kicks and then not bothering tracking back for the second goal. I also saw Faubert go back to his oldself of wasting possession and then trying to kick people or have a fight with any of the opposition.

I was going to say thanks for the quality link but im still kin fuming about wasting those 45 minutes of my life. Wink
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Sun 11 Dec 2011, 9:44 am

Big Sam after the game

Manager Sam Allardyce admitted Saturday's 3-0 npower Championship defeat at Reading marked his 'worst day' since taking charge of West Ham United.

The Hammers recovered from the early loss of Guy Demel to a thigh injury to edge the opening 45 minutes at the Madejski Stadium, only for the wheels to come off in spectacular fashion after half-time.

Demel's replacement Joey O'Brien was sent-off for two bookable offences with 25 minutes remaining and Alex Pearce put the Royals in front within 60 seconds. Substitute SImon Church then scored either side of Wales international team-mate Jack Collison being shown the red card for a challenge on Jimmy Kebe.

Speaking to West Ham TV, Big Sam was honest in his assessment of both his players' lack of discipline and failure to defend properly after going a man down.

Sam, what was your assessment of the second half after a fairly mundane opening 45 minutes?

"It was a lack of discipline from our players for no reason at all, basically. We have thrown the game away by getting two players sent-off, I think that was the only difference between the sides and, if anything, we had created the better chances up to then even though we weren't playing to our best.

"We were certainly in the game and had three or four chances to score goals but didn't get that one-goal lead that we wanted.

"That irresponsibility of getting sent-off was very, very costly. Whether the referee is right or wrong, you don't put yourself in that position. You could argue about the sending-offs but at the end of the day it can't change the result.

"The thing is not to put yourself in the position to be sent-off. Joey's second yellow should have been avoided if he'd stayed on his feet. Jack shouldn't have done what he did either because that left us struggling in a game we shouldn't have struggled in.

"To boot, we let them score immediately after Joey got sent-off when we had to defend a free-kick. It's a shame that it's happened. These things in a game of football can go against you and that's what's happened and cost us the game. It wasn't what Reading were doing."

Were you disappointed with the nature of all three Reading goals - two from set pieces and one from a counter-attack following a West Ham free-kick?

"I was disappointed with their first one because you have to keep yourself in the game with ten players by being more resilient and organising yourself properly.

"They get organised every week, do these lads, and they have to remember what they should do and they haven't done it. It's that simple. Reading should have had to w**k a lot harder to win the game, even though we went down to ten men.

"When we gifted them a goal from the free-kick immediately after Joey got sent-off, that's what really disappoints me. Even with ten men, we might have got a draw or even won it. When Jack got sent-off, that was even more irresponsible.

"Their second goal came from our free-kick. Because the players decided they wanted to take a free-kick that they had dreamed up themselves, and not the one we rehearsed, all of our players were not where they should have been. Abdoulaye Faye hit the ball where he shouldn't and they went up the other end and scored.

"It just shows them that the irresponsibility and the pressure they were under meant they started doing silly things and the wrong things and we've lost the game because of them. Obviously the big turning point was going down to ten men."

The loss of Guy Demel to a thigh injury and Joey O'Brien and Jack Collison to suspension means the remaining players will have to rise to the challenge against Burnley on Saturday?

"We haven't got many left! Only Henri Lansbury is nearly ready, so we're really going to be down to the wire next week. We may have a slight outside chance of getting Matt Taylor back, but that would be it, and Henri has only played 60 minutes in eight weeks.

"We've lost two games on the trot so it's been our worst day of the whole season. One, the way we lost it. Two, we had two men sent-off. Three, Guy getting injured. So nothing went right for us, I'm afraid."
    Suzanne Claret
    Suzanne Claret
    1st Team Bench

Post  Suzanne Claret Mon 12 Dec 2011, 8:55 am

Well if the phrase ‘ocean-going fur-lined cluster-fcuk’ isn’t appropriate here I don’t know when it is Evil or Very Mad
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Mon 12 Dec 2011, 1:14 pm

It was a disaster. We were playing shit in any case. Demel getting injured after 1.5 mins of the game. Then we pumped long hopeful balls to nobody in particular. Robert Green being the main culprit. I would have taken a 0-0 but then O'Brien gets himself booked twice in 5 mins. To compound it Faubert just stands there watching when the free kick comes in - then when the ball hits the net does his usual Gallic shrug as if to blame everyone else. Poor marking for the second goal. Then Collison shows the only aggression he has since he played for the first team by taking (the pisstaking lowlife scum) Kebe out at the knee - and wonders why he gets a red card! Then Faubert is again missing for their 3rd goal

All in all - an ocean-going fur-lined cluster fcuk just about sums it up

Bunch of arse

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 26 Apr 2024, 7:52 pm