West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

+10
Blakey
Campo
Kray_Snr
Kray JR
Admin
mottinghammer
IronDane
Tony P
Arran H
Jiggs
14 posters

West Ham United V Southampton

Kray_Snr
    Kray_Snr
    Boot Cleaner

West Ham United  V  Southampton - Page 4 Empty Re: West Ham United V Southampton

Post  Kray_Snr Tue 14 Feb 2012, 9:21 pm

1-1
    Geezer
    Geezer
    Reserves

West Ham United  V  Southampton - Page 4 Empty Re: West Ham United V Southampton

Post  Geezer Tue 14 Feb 2012, 9:21 pm

bollicks angry2 angry2 angry2 angry2
    Arran H
    Reserves

Post  Arran H Tue 14 Feb 2012, 9:21 pm

FFS THE SAM EPLAYER WHO SCORE THE WINNER AT ST.MARYS FFS WEST HAM
    IronDane
    IronDane
    Reserves

Post  IronDane Tue 14 Feb 2012, 9:31 pm

omgomg with the comms screaming that loud I thought Maynard had scored lol
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Tue 14 Feb 2012, 9:41 pm

clap clap clap well done lads
    Charlie Ham
    Charlie Ham
    1st Team Bench

Post  Charlie Ham Tue 14 Feb 2012, 10:31 pm

Just back from game and very disappointed with the refereeing.
    Also don’t like these tactics of playing with 10 men.
    10 men against 12 cheating boys.
    Man in black was the worst I have seen for a long while.
    We should be allowed to ban certain ref and this prat would be top of my list.

😠
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Wed 15 Feb 2012, 4:46 am

Big Sam after the game
    Sam Allardyce was once again full of praise for his West Ham United side after the secured a 1-1 home draw with second-placed Southamton. For the second game in a row the Hammers  had to play for the majority of the match with ten men after Matty Taylor was sent off in the 18th minute.
    Mark Noble had again put the home side in front from the penalty spot but the Saints pushed hard for an equaliser and finally got back into the match when Jos Hooiveld prodded home in the 75th minutes.
    How would you sum up that performance Sam?
    SA: It's an unbelievable performance as on for the second occasion it looked like everything was going against us. I relate to the spirit of the team and the squad and the belief of the team that even with ten men they said 'We're not going to get beaten'. With the crowd behind us and cheering us all on the lads did an unbelievable job again and it was only an unlucky bounce of the ball into the defender's shins that put them in the right place to poke it in.
    They couldn't break us down in open play and we had some good saves from Rob Green when we needed them. Even with ten men Julien Faubert nipped in front of the goalkeeper but it's just rolled out for a goal-kick when it could easily have just dropped to his feet for a sidefoot into the back of the net.
    Great credit to the lads and four points from two games with ten men after eight minutes and ten men after 17 minutes is terrific stuff and we've just go to pick it up from here. It's an unbelievable point and it feels like a win. We're playing the team that's right up there at the top of the league and they couldn't break us down."
    What did you make of Ricardo Vaz Te and Nicky Maynard?
    SA: "Well with Nicky, it would have been a great goal had the one he hit on the turn gone in. It would have been unbelievable for us to get the second goal tonight but maybe we were asking a bit too much. He held it up and he was up there on his own. You can see the quality that Vaz Te has got and he nearly scored in the first minute and it was a good save from the keeper.
    The way we started the game it looked like we were up for it and it looked like we wanted it. We were in full flow and had Southampton were on the back foot. We'll have to accept a draw as an outstanding result with ten men for as long as had."
    How vital was Mark Noble's early penalty?
    SA: "To go as long as we did again and hold out is just terrific. We went 1-0 in front from the penalty which was very important as had we had to do it from 0-0 then we would have found it harder.
    I've got great players and great characters who believe in what we're trying to do. I imagine if we have that same attitude when we have eleven versus eleven we should go on and start to win a few more games."
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Wed 15 Feb 2012, 4:53 am

And from sky sports

Probert appeared to miss two clear penalty claims for handball against Rickie Lambert and Jos Hooiveld in the opening 15 minutes.

And when the official did finally point to the spot, after Mark Noble was tripped by Morgan Schneiderlin, he promptly sent Matt Taylor off for shoving Billy Sharp in the resulting melee.

Noble picked himself up to score his seventh goal from seven penalties this season, but Hooiveld equalised for the 11 men in the second half to secure a 1-1 draw for second-placed Saints.

"I'm disappointed Matt Taylor raised his hands, but it's in his chest, not his face, and they tell me the rules say that's a booking, not a red," said Upton Park boss Allardyce.
    "Sharp held his face and rolled over on the floor which tells the assistant referee he has hit him in the face.

"I'm also disappointed we should have had two penalties. I've looked at them four times, and the second one is a sending-off as well as a penalty.

"You've got to guess Mark is going to score them so we could have had the game won before the sending-off - so that's left a bitter taste.

"In our point of view the major decisions have gone the wrong way. I don't want the officials taking away what we are striving for and I thought the officials tried to do that today, which was a shame."

Red card

Allardyce's side had to play the majority of the game a man light for the second match running after Kevin Nolansaw red nine minutes into last weekend's win over Millwall.
    Taylor's red came after 18 minutes and the 10 men stood firm for the rest of the first half with Rob Green producing fine saves to deny Sharp and Lambert.

But they could not deal with Danny Fox's free-kick 16 minutes from time and Hooiveld, who scored the winner when the teams met at St Mary's in October, prodded in the equaliser.

Saints manager Nigel Adkins admitted Probert had an "interesting" evening, and felt he got the one penalty decision he did give wrong.

"No, in my opinion it's wasn't a penalty. He didn't touch him," said Adkins.

On Taylor's red card, he added: "The referee has been put in a position where he has had to make a decision, there was a coming-together.

"The referee has made a call, I also thought he didn't see a handball for us. I didn't see the ones Sam was appealing for.

"We had opportunities to win it. They defended resolutely and I'm sure they'll be happy with a point."
    Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs Wed 15 Feb 2012, 12:23 pm

I'd always been wary of Southampton, saw them as our main threat - but not any more.

We were better than them in every department, except cheating, diving and play acting of course angry2 I don't know if that has got them to where they are this season or if that's the only way they thought they could beat the Mighty Hammers. Either way it is totally unacceptable on a football pitch. Even Adkins slated his player that got booked for diving.

We have for a while needed 10 players plus Matty Taylor, as 11 players without him left a huge gap in the team. 10 players without him would have made a big difference for Southampton. Three more games without him could maybe help Southampton....Did the scheming little runt Sharp realise this as he rolled around holding his untouched face? Is that absurd thinking? Am I being cynical, or just over emotional? You decide. Smile

At the end of the day Southampton should be ashamed of themselves, whilst West Ham's team and supporters can hold their heads up high. tits
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Wed 15 Feb 2012, 12:32 pm

I only had the radio com last night but going by what the two commentators reported last night I am furious how those cheating barstards go away with it . The Lino and the ref was kin useless and should never be in charge of a game again . I can't wait to get home later and get on the saints chat to see what they have to say and to put my views across . Was you at the game darlin ?
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Wed 15 Feb 2012, 12:55 pm

Southampton manager Nigel Adkins refused to condemn referee Lee Probert for losing control of the game - or Billy Sharp for feigning injury - yet at least had the decency to criticise one of his players for cheating. Read his full press conference, exclusively, here...

Go on then, someone ask me a question!

Was it a penalty?

No.

Why not?

Because he didn't touch him. My view on the pitch was that it wasn't a penalty. I've tried to look at the video; two angles that we've looked at say it's inconclusive but it does suggest that he's not touched him. So in my opinion, if you're asking me about opinions, in my opinion it's not a penalty.

Was it a red card - in your opinion?

In my opinion I think the referee's probably been left in the situation where he's got to make a decision. Erm... a big crowd tonight, first v second, people react on decisions that are made. There's a coming together, I think everybody will admit there was contact of some description.

I've seen the video, I think the referee was left with a difficult decision to make and he's chosen to send the player off. Does that help everybody watching the game? We all want to see eleven v eleven. The referee had to make a decision on it and you've got to abide by it then.

Was it the right one though - in your opinion? Because Sam Allardyce didn't think it was, he thinks Matt Taylor pushed Billy Sharp in the chest which doesn't warrant a red card.

Yeah... It's quite interesting; I received a DVD this morning about careless, reckless and something else. Listen, at the end of the day the referee has made a call on that, he's not seen the hand ball that I thought was hand ball. Jose Fonte's got a clear header and I think I'm the only one jumping up and down. I've seen the video and it's a clear penalty for us and the referee or the officials have not seen that.

One of the radio guys asked me a question before [I came in here]; Sam [Allardyce] is appealing for a couple of penalties as well which I didn't see, I'll be honest with you. It took me a little bit [by surprise], I wasn’t aware of them ones. I've asked a few questions since, one might have been and one definitely wasn't, so I think the officials have had an interesting evening tonight, haven't they?

Did the referee have a good game, in your opinion?

I thought it was a great game for the supporters.

But do you think the referee had a good game?

I think he's had decisions that he's had to go and make. He's a Premier League referee, he's one of our elite referees.

But do you think he had a good game though?

So what I'm saying is that I think he's one of our elite referees and he's made decisions that you have to abide by. Whether you liked him or not is another question. We've got the respect campaign that's all there to see in football and we've got to go from that.

I hate to sound like Jeremy Paxman, but do you think he had a good game though? [laughs] I'm not trying to be funny, but he's an elite referee and everything but Sam doesn't think he had a good game at all; I just wondered what you thought?

Yeah. So what I'm saying is, right, the referee's an elite referee and he's out there in the heat of the battle. A great crowd tonight, both sets of supporters were superb, it lent to a great atmosphere. Two teams, first v second have been up there the whole campaign so it's two top teams with the passion to go and win a game of football.

Players on the pitch make mistakes as do officials. They have to make decisions very quickly on the evidence that they see with their own eyes at the time that it's given. There were some interesting decision for the officials to make, the linesman obviously backed the referee up as well; I think the linesman's given the first penalty.

So that's it. In the cold light of day we've gone one-nil down from the penalty, we've had good opportunities haven't we, let's face it, during the course of the game to go and win it - and we've had to go and break down the opposition who've defended resolutely through the game.

So I'm sure they'll be very happy to come and get a point whereas you'd probably think with us having the extra man on the pitch for the longer period of time - and the chances that we did present - we'd probably turn round and say that we didn't get the three points that we wanted.

But when you look at the start of the season, if we could have taken four points from West Ham United, at the start of the season you'd probably think that's a good haul of points.

Do you think these teams will be one and two - in no particular order - at the end of the season?

I'd love it to be but I think there's probably ten other teams in the division who've got other ideas on that. When we come down to the latter stages of the campaign it's who's got the fittest, strongest squad of players and [who can] keep believing in doing what they're doing.

Like West Ham, we've gone and led the division for over four months and been consistently top of the division. We've played the last four league games and looked very good and very dominant in all of the games. Against Cardiff, who are in form; against Birmingham, against Burnley and now West Ham. We've played some really good football and we look in good shape for the remainder of the season.

Your other player, [Adam] Lallana was booked for diving?

Yeah. Rightly so.

Okay. I was going to ask you what your opinion was on that?

Rightly so. I've had words with him, we don't condone that. I've had words with him. He's gone into the box and he thought there was going to be a challenge. I don't like to see that and I have had words with him about it and the referee did get that decision bang on. Because we don't want to... It's hard enough as it is without trying to be in a situation so I don't want any of my players to be doing that.

So are you pleased with the point or are disappointed not to get all three?

See, that's a great question. When you go one-nil down at the start of the game would you have taken a point that would have given you a four-point haul against West Ham? I'm sure many people would. To come away from home against a team who are sitting top at his moment in time and take a point from them? You'd take that.

When you go one-nil down, to come from behind you'd say, "Oh, if we can get something from the game we've done well". But then to dominate the game as much as we did do - because we did have an extra man, we changed the shape round to dominate the football - and the chances that we did have - Billy Sharp had a great one, didn't he? The keeper, Green's made some great, really good saves for West Ham tonight. So when you look at that situation there were opportunities for us to get all three.

So you're disappointed?

So I'm pleased that we've got one, but there were opportunities for us to get all three. But there's a great belief about our squad of players which is important going into the latter stages of the campaign. I think we looked strong, we've got a good, strong squad and we will create chances and we will score them.

Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Wed 15 Feb 2012, 12:56 pm

A great point in the end given the circumstances. Taylor is a prick and should in no way be defended by BFS. He raised his hands to Sharp when WE had been awarded a penalty. I don't care what Sharp said, Taylor should not have reacted like he did. Admittedly Sharp was a niggling cheating little shit all night but that is no excuse

I thought we were going to hang on, but yet again we concede a goal from a set-piece. It is so infuriating. Even with 10 men there is NO excuse for giving a player a free header. Hang your head Winston Reid. Just stood there and didn't even jump. Admittedly the tree that scored for them got lucky when the ball bounced off his shins but Tomkins was too slow to react. Poor

Overall though they all put in a shift. Noble and Green will quite rightly get the plaudits but Faye had Lambert in his pocket all night

We are still a point clear at the top with a game in hand. We have a tough game on Tuesday evening at Blackpool. Let's see if we can manage to keep 11 men on the pitch this time eh?

COYI !
    Arran H
    Reserves

Post  Arran H Wed 15 Feb 2012, 1:33 pm

We have Blackpool on monday night not tuesday :P

Was a brillant porformance by the crowd and the players yesterday ! We showed that even with 10 men we are still a difficult team to beat and not affraid to attack WH Flag
    I can understand why people are moaning at Taylor for reacting but Iam sure he will angry with himself for reacting as well , I still dont think it was a red , a yellow would of been all it needed IMO ! I dont understand how their keeper Davies got away with a yellow when he slapped Cole in the face in similar way to taylor on Sharp !?!? Evil or Very Mad

If we play like that against Blackpool then we will get a result their however dont think it will be as easy as it was when we played them at Upton park and beat them 4-0 as they are a team on fire at the moment nailbiter

Still I thinking we are starting to get back to playing like we were at the start of the season which is good going into the last 14 or so games !
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Wed 15 Feb 2012, 1:50 pm

Arran H wrote:We have Blackpool on monday night not tuesday :P

Was a brillant porformance by the crowd and the players yesterday ! We showed that even with 10 men we are still a difficult team to beat and not affraid to attack WH Flag
    I can understand why people are moaning at Taylor for reacting but Iam sure he will angry with himself for reacting as well , I still dont think it was a red , a yellow would of been all it needed IMO ! I dont understand how their keeper Davies got away with a yellow when he slapped Cole in the face in similar way to taylor on Sharp !?!? Evil or Very Mad

If we play like that against Blackpool then we will get a result their however dont think it will be as easy as it was when we played them at Upton park and beat them 4-0 as they are a team on fire at the moment nailbiter

Still I thinking we are starting to get back to playing like we were at the start of the season which is good going into the last 14 or so games !

Really? Do you want to check your facts on that one? Why on earth would Blackpool or West Ham choose to play a match, that is not on TV, on a Monday?
    Blakey
    Blakey
    Reserves

Post  Blakey Wed 15 Feb 2012, 1:55 pm

The camera never lies, apparently

West Ham United  V  Southampton - Page 4 AlrvTLWCMAARfCc
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Wed 15 Feb 2012, 3:11 pm

Well that will take a bit of Explaining , looks more like a push in the face instead of a slap , even so it's a red , silly boy , sharpe certainly made the most of it though from what I hear , was it him that got the yellow for a double twist with full pike in our end ?
    Arran H
    Reserves

Post  Arran H Wed 15 Feb 2012, 4:23 pm

Tony P wrote:
    Arran H wrote:We have Blackpool on monday night not tuesday :P

Really? Do you want to check your facts on that one? Why on earth would Blackpool or West Ham choose to play a match, that is not on TV, on a Monday?

Ooops sorry mate my mistake , it was only cus i looked on the official website during the commentary bit during yesterdays game and it said west ham next play on monday against blackpool Smile
    Arran H
    Reserves

Post  Arran H Wed 15 Feb 2012, 4:28 pm

[quote="Admin"]Well that will take a bit of Explaining , looks more like a push in the face instead of a slap , even so it's a red , silly boy , sharpe certainly made the most of it though from what I hear , was it him that got the yellow for a double twist with full pike in our end ?[/quote]

No it was Lallana who got booked for the dive in our area Smile Iam glad we didnt get that West Ham United  V  Southampton - Page 4 3725042725 (Sharp) in the end some of the chances he missed yesterday were dreadful to say the least cheesey grin - Must of been our fans putting him off with all the booing rofl smiley
    Geezer
    Geezer
    Reserves

Post  Geezer Wed 15 Feb 2012, 5:23 pm

Lallana , thats right , should of give that prick a red for out & out piss taking
    Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs Wed 15 Feb 2012, 6:39 pm

Admin wrote:I only had the radio com last night but going by what the two commentators reported last night I am furious how those cheating barstards go away with it . The Lino and the ref was kin useless and should never be in charge of a game again . I can't wait to get home later and get on the saints chat to see what they have to say and to put my views across . Was you at the game darlin ?

Yes Smile
    Suzanne Claret
    Suzanne Claret
    1st Team Bench

Post  Suzanne Claret Thu 16 Feb 2012, 4:18 pm

Diving, cheeting, card waving nasty little bastards.

Southampton wernt on my radar before but they finguck are now Viking

I hope that they don't get promoted nope

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 19 May 2024, 11:18 am