West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

+8
Johnny K
Kray JR
Jiggs
Arran H
Suzanne Claret
IronDane
JulianDicksLeftKnee
Admin
12 posters

Burnley v West Ham United Match Fred

Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Burnley v West Ham United Match Fred - Page 4 Empty Re: Burnley v West Ham United Match Fred

Post  Admin Sat 24 Mar 2012, 4:53 pm

I thought you was in bed ID ?
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Burnley v West Ham United Match Fred - Page 4 Empty Re: Burnley v West Ham United Match Fred

Post  Admin Sat 24 Mar 2012, 4:58 pm

2-2
    IronDane
    IronDane
    Reserves

Post  IronDane Sat 24 Mar 2012, 5:01 pm

Alrigth, are we screwed now or is this the beginning of our automatic promotion conquer ? Certainly sounded like playing baldock and maynard up front created a lot of chances.
    Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs Sat 24 Mar 2012, 5:05 pm

Ok....so am I supposed to be happy with another draw, just because we came from 2 down? Well I aint....Our game in hand will not take us above Reading now.

You should now know who to start with on Tuesday fat boy......So fuckin do it!
    Chas Hammer
    Boot Cleaner

Post  Chas Hammer Sat 24 Mar 2012, 5:06 pm

IronDane wrote:Alrigth, are we screwed now or is this the beginning of our automatic promotion conquer ? Certainly sounded like playing baldock and maynard up front created a lot of chances.

You got a point there :o It was about time we had control of a game, but we seem to have players that are content not to loose, rather than players that want to win. If fat sam does not get it sorted it supports my prediction at the begining of nthe season. I take no pride in being rigt Sad

Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Sat 24 Mar 2012, 5:08 pm

Has to be Maynard and Baldock starting up front against Peterborough and Reading , Cole just aint doing it for us
    Chas Hammer
    Boot Cleaner

Post  Chas Hammer Sat 24 Mar 2012, 5:10 pm

I am going to finish off the 2nd bottle of Claret and then move onto vodka and bitter lemon. Good night all you happy campers. sleep
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Sat 24 Mar 2012, 5:11 pm

Enjoy Chas , you deserve it mate Burnley v West Ham United Match Fred - Page 4 3777063607
    Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs Sat 24 Mar 2012, 5:15 pm

Admin wrote:Has to be Maynard and Baldock starting up front against Peterborough and Reading , Cole just aint doing it for us

The amount Cole sticks wide, I bet he aint doing it for his missus either tramp
    Charlie Ham
    Charlie Ham
    1st Team Bench

Post  Charlie Ham Sat 24 Mar 2012, 6:49 pm

Play offs if we are lucky.
    Kray JR
    Kray JR
    Reserves

Post  Kray JR Sat 24 Mar 2012, 9:42 pm

Greeno

O'Brien Tomkins Faye McCartney

Faubert Collison Noble Taylor

Maynard Baldock

we all know it needs doing, just cant see it happening though.
    Arran H
    Reserves

Post  Arran H Sun 25 Mar 2012, 7:41 am

Kray JR wrote:Greeno

Maynard Baldock

Take away Collison and put in Nolan - Nolan despite what people say about him is very important to our team and pops up with important goals !
    Take away Faubert and replace him with Vaz Te when Vaz te is fit - Vaz Te can create loads more chances then Faubert and also like Nolan score important Goals
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Sun 25 Mar 2012, 9:17 am

Nicked from the Offish

Sam Allardyce simply could not believe his West Ham United side were not rewarded for their domination with an npower Championship victory at Burnley.

The Hammers outplayed the Clarets for long periods at Turf Moor, only for a succession of missed chances and two defensive lapses to left them 2-0 down at half-time.

Tactical and personnel changes saw West Ham roar back after the break, with Kevin Nolan and James Tomkins drawing their side level, only for a host of late opportunities to go begging and leave Big Sam wondering how two precious points got away.

"I'm absolutely totally and utterly flabbergasted that we didn't leave Burnley with a victory under our belts. From the very start, we had chance after chance after chance and then incredibly went 2-0 down. Even then, we had a couple of chances before half-time that we couldn't put in the back of the net.

"We slipped up defensively on a couple of occasions and they've scored two goals completely against the run of play after playing so well.

"We changed the system a bit and went for it a little bit more. The comeback was fantastic but it wasn't really a comeback because we were already there. We increased the amount of opportunities we could score from, but unfortunately we fell foul of not converting our opportunities into goals.

"We must have had four or five one-on-ones, we've hit the post and had a goal disallowed. We had 20 attempts and eleven shots on target and Burnley's total was five shots on target in the entire 90 minutes and they've scored two goals.

"Our first goal was a brilliant goal from Kevin Nolan from the hardest chance we created - it wasn't even a chance - and James Tomkins converted from a great free-kick.

"It's just incredible that we dominated possession for the whole 90 minutes and created chance after chance and still ended up drawing 2-2. We're all distraught after such a performance with such great quality, but unfortunately even when did find the net, the referee decided we couldn't have it and when we didn't the post decided to stop it!

"It continues to go on and on and we just cannot find that final way through to the valuable three points we're after. With such a top, top performance, the disappointing thing is the top line 'Burnley 2 West Ham 2'."

West Ham settled superbly, with Carlton Cole missing two chances before Marvin Bartley slalomed through to put Burnley in front. Nolan then saw a goal disallowed for a push on the midfielder before Martin Paterson ghosted in to double the hosts' advantage.

Kevin Nolan

Kevin Nolan saw his first-half header disallowed for a push

Danny Collins hit a post and Nolan went close again before Ross Wallace hit the post on the stroke of half-time.

Big Sam sent on Sam Baldock and Nicky Maynard at the break and the Hammers continued to push for the breakthrough. It finally arrived on 68 minutes when Nolan nipped in to lob Lee Grant. Two minutes later, Tomkins volleyed in Mark Noble's free-kick to level the scores.

In the final stages, Baldock shot wide before seeing his low effort saved by Grant, while fellow substitute John Carew was also denied twice by the Burnley goalkeeper as West Ham finished strongly.

"Anybody who watched the game will see what we've done and what Burnley have done," said the manager. "I've never dominated a game like that away from home. We beat Watford 4-0 and dominated the game but we dominated this game a lot more than that.

"Ask any question about what we're not doing and it's converting our chances into goals. It's going to cost us very dearly if we don't sort it out as quickly as we can.

"We can take a lot of heart out of the quality in this performance, but the bottom line is that we're down to single figures in games remaining and there is no making-up time now. Whether we play better than the opposition or it's an even game we've still got to win.

"When you dominate a game like we dominated this one, you've got to bury the opposition - 5-2, 6-3 or 6-2 would not have been a flattering scoreline for us.

"We're very disappointed and I'm sure Burnley were very grateful to hear the final whistle."

James Tomkins

James Tomkins' volley completed the Hammers' second-half comeback

A fifth successive draw means West Ham travel to Peterborough United for their game in-hand on Tuesday knowing only victory will keep automatic promotion in their own hands.

With that in mind, Big Sam has demanded that his strikers start finding the target sooner rather than later.

"The players have got to find the courage to take their chances. They have got to have the nerve, composure and professionalism to convert them into goals.

"We cannot wait any longer. We've got to put the ball in the net when we get the chances. Our conversion rate has to be a lot better.

"To be honest, I'm only saying what I've been saying all season, but it's a lot bigger now. We've had more chances than we've had all season, but our goal tally is getting less and less instead of more and more and that is the concern at the moment.

"We should have got a victory on Saturday, but we didn't get it so we know only two wins in the next two games will be enough to get us above Reading."

Finally, Big Sam had words of praise from the 1,500-plus supporters who cheered their team on from first to last in Lancashire.

"When you entertain the fans, they are going to sing, and we entertained them apart from conceding two very sloppy goals which is not like us normally.

"The performance for 90 minutes, people might try and say it was a second-half comeback, but we completely dominated Burnley.

"It's just unbelievable that we haven't won."
    mottinghammer
    mottinghammer
    1st Team Bench

Post  mottinghammer Sun 25 Mar 2012, 11:22 am

S ame ole same ole from BFS, FFS its simples, score more frignking goals than the other team you over paid arseholes!angry2

We are doomed to the play off lottery if he cant turn this round this week with two wins. 😠
    Kray JR
    Kray JR
    Reserves

Post  Kray JR Sun 25 Mar 2012, 12:36 pm

Arran H wrote:
    Kray JR wrote:Greeno

Maynard Baldock

Take away Collison and put in Nolan - Nolan despite what people say about him is very important to our team and pops up with important goals !
    Take away Faubert and replace him with Vaz Te when Vaz te is fit - Vaz Te can create loads more chances then Faubert and also like Nolan score important Goals

So carry Nolan for the odd performance here and there, not worth it for me. Nolan isnt good enough to play in midfield and isnt quick enough to play upfront.....the solution ? Fat Sam creates a position just for Nolan and fucks up our system.

Vaz Te is just another Piquionne for me, he scored a few weeks ago but has been awful from what I have seen so far.

Collison is looking poor as he is being played out of position, he should be in the middle.
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Burnley v West Ham United Match Fred - Page 4 Empty From the Oppo

Post  Admin Sun 25 Mar 2012, 3:52 pm

Nicked from kumb

Yet another draw for Sam Allardyce's men - and two points dropped in the race for promotion - but a fair result, accoring to the majority of Clarets fans...

"A fair score. They could have had three more by full time. We were good 'til 2-0 and then fell away as they came into it more and more. The stats tell the story well - 54% possession to them and 16 shots, I think; Lady Luck (and Grant) saved us two or three times. Their first goal was a horror story of indecision by Duff and Grant, and Grant not calling to Duff that someone was behind him. Their second, a criminal lack of basic marking that gave the scorer all the time in the world to pass the ball home. For any neutral, a damned good game with lots of edge to it."
    - Dave Thomas

"A very strange game, they overran us for the first 30 minutes but just couldn't put the ball in the net. We scored two right out of the blue and almost got a third. The guy behind me summed it up perfectly as they went off at half-time: "A load of garbage and we're winning 2-0". We were comfortable in the second-half and they weren't looking particularly dangerous until Grant and Duff commenced a cosy little chat about who should clear the ball, very unsporting of Nolan to interrupt them. How a fairly innocuous free-kick was allowed to travel across a crowded goalmouth to Tomkins for their equaliser I'll never know, but we had been two up so I suppose it was inevitable. I don't agree that it was a fair score, I thought West Ham should have won comfortably, 1-4 even. But they didn't take their chances so that's their problem."
    - bordeauxclaret

"With promotion out of the question and relegation unlikely our main objectives from this game were pride and a win. We achieved the first to a fair degree. The second half was massively disappointing in how we conceded possession so needlessly too frequently. We were stretched and had to battle. To our credit we did but we should NEVER have let that lead slip, the three points were ours for the taking. Duff’s error was horrendous but we also defended badly for the second shortly after. From then on I didn’t think we’d hold out as their attacks became more frequent and dangerous."
    -Natural_Born_Klaret

"To some degree we played well, though we've played much better this season. We deserve credit for getting into the position we were in, but deserve criticism for how we through it away. Overall though it's a very good point against a side who have genuine Premier League quality players in their team and that should not be forgotten."
    - KebabBoiler

"For an hour I thought this was a very good performance. We just about deserved our half time lead, as West Ham's chances were largely self-inflicted, and were relatively comfortable at 2-0 until defensive weakness again cost us dearly. Thereafter, we desperately needed someone to put their foot on the ball in midfield, and I would guess that's why we dropped McCann deeper. But by then West Ham had control of the game. Nonetheless, it was pleasing to see us show the resiliance to keep going to the end and a draw, from a very good game of football, was a fair result."
    - claretspice

"We looked solid enough until a silly mistake gave them momentum and completely changed the game. West Ham are a typical fat Sam outfit - horrible to watch. If you'd said we'd take four points off them this season last August, most would have taken that."
    - Luppy

"It was all a bit messy and West Ham were running riot in the last ten minutes. From the JHU, Nolan's goal seemed to happen in slow motion and either Grant or Duff could have sorted it. On the replays it looks to me like Duff should have dealt with it but didn't."
    - bordeauxclaret

"I thought we rode our luck a couple of times in the first half. A neutral would probably say a draw was a fair result. Just a shame that we gave them the vital third goal of the game, and they seized the initiative, as we lacked a little resilience. However, I would probably have thought before the game a point would be a decent result, it was an enjoyable game in a decent atmosphere, and the crowd generally got fully behind the players, which hasn't always been the case recently."
    - Jase_H

"I thought West Ham started the better, but we weren't bad, and for most of the first half I thought we were the better side of a game played at a very decent standard. I thought we were comfortable in the second half without ever hitting the heights we reached in the first half, but weren't in any real danger until the opening goal. Thereafter, we had a rocky 20 minutes, but actually the last 10 minutes of play we were pretty well back on parity."
    - claretspice

"Gutted about the result today, we should have won being 2-0 up. Totally my fault for the first goal but important that we didn't lose at 2-2!"
    - Michael Duff (Burnley FC)

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 17 May 2024, 10:03 am