West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

+13
JamesC
Abbi Normal
Nicki
Arran H
Joy
Jiggs
Geezer
Campo
Blakey
Tony P
IronDane
Charlie Ham
Admin
17 posters

Leeds United v West ham United FC Match Fred

Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Leeds United v West ham United FC Match Fred Empty Leeds United v West ham United FC Match Fred

Post  Admin Sun 11 Mar 2012, 1:09 pm

Leeds United v West ham United FC Match Fred ClubLogo Leeds V West Ham United Leeds United v West ham United FC Match Fred ClubLogo

TEAM NEWS

Leeds manager Neil Warnock is expected to name the same side that defeated Middlesbrough for his first win.

Paul Robinson, on-loan from Bolton, will continue at left-back so Aidy White will occupy the left wing again.

West Ham forward Ravel Morrison will make his first appearance for the club having signed from Manchester United at the end of January.

Striker Ricardo Vaz Te is out, while Joey O'Brien, Winston Reid and Julien Faubert will all be given late checks.
    MATCH FACTS

Head-to-head

• This is the 104th competitive meeting. Leeds have won 48 of the previous 103, West Ham 27, with 28 drawn.

• Leeds are looking to take their unbeaten run against the Hammers to nine games (W5, D3).

• West Ham's only win in 13 league clashes was 1-0 at Elland Road in the Premier League in November 2000, when Nigel Winterburn scored the winner.

Leeds United

• Having gained their first win under Neil Warnock against Middlesbrough last Sunday, Leeds now set about the task of gaining their first back-to-back wins in over three months.

• The 10th placed West Yorkshire club, four points outside the play-offs, have only managed to deny Millwall and Portsmouth from scoring in a league game at Elland Road this season.

• Warnock, at 63, is the oldest current manager in the Championship.

West Ham United

• The Hammers are unbeaten in seven, but have failed to win four of their last six, and have slipped out of the top two.

• They have picked up an unmatched 10 Championship wins on the road, and boast the best away record in the division with 33 of their 66 points coming on their travels.

• Sam Allardyce, at 57, is the second oldest manager in the Championship

Referee

• Saturday's referee will be Peter Walton.

• The 51-year-old began his refereeing career in 1986, was appointed to the Football League List of assistant referees in 1993, and the Premier League List of assistant referees the following year.

• After running the line during the 1996 FA Cup final between Manchester United and Liverpool at Wembley, Walton joined the FIFA list of assistant referees and ran the line during the 1996 UEFA European Championship group-stage fixture between Germany and Czech Republic at Old Trafford.

• Walton, who lists golf and current affairs among his hobbies, joined the Football League List of referees in 1998 and joined the Premier League Select List in 2003.

• Walton's first West Ham United appointment came on 21 November 2004, when the Hammers were defeated 1-0 at Millwall in the Championship.

• In 2007, he was part of a group of referees who travelled to Ecuador to undertake an Advanced Course for Referees' Instructors on behalf of the FA and CONMEBOL.

• Walton will be assisted this afternoon by Scott Ledger and Glenn Turner, while the fourth official will be Geoff Eltringham.

• Walton's most-recent West Ham United game came in May 2011 when the Hammers drew 1-1 with Blackburn Rovers in the Premier League. His previous Leeds United appointment came in 1-0 home League One defeat by Southampton on 13 March 2010.

Last edited by Admin on Sat 17 Mar 2012, 12:18 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Leeds United v West ham United FC Match Fred Empty Re: Leeds United v West ham United FC Match Fred

Post  Admin Mon 12 Mar 2012, 4:51 pm

I have been over to the lids chat this week to get their views on the game coming up and these are some of the replies I got back , I,ll post more as later in the week

Geezer
    Hello again people , I thought I would pop in and get some of your views on the game next Saturday .
    Its getting very tight at the top of the table now and not too many points between you and a play off place , do you think you will get whats needed to fight for a chance in the Prem ?
    I personally cant stand Warnock , whats you opinion of him and will he do the job for you guys ? The last time we met it ended in a draw at UP , what will be the result this time round and why ? We have been slipping a bit lately still unbeaten in 8 games but draws to clubs that we really should have gained max points against . Do you think we will hold on to our 2nd spot or do you think we will slip down to the play off places ?
    I,ll post all views on our chat site , some of you have been over , heres the link Cockney Boys, play nice if you do Big Grin Good luck today , we need you to win this one

Sue Heyhey
    After today's result I'm hopeful we'll turn up for West Ham, going to be a great game....

We need that play-off place

Scrumpy
    and neils lovely! Big Grin
    so there.

TheNewShamCrazY
    All i will say is you are meeting us at the wrong time.
    We are a diff team and are finally looking like a team.
    You are not in the best of form and if you turn up playing like that your going home with nowt.
    We have just outplayed southampton and run boro ragged in their own backyard 1st and 4th.
    I also think we have the best manager in the league.love him or hate him he has the tools which alot of managers in this division don't have.

Bedar
    Welcome to Leeds again Geezer. We managed a draw at your place but I expect to take all 3 points next Saturday. I'll be down in the bawwa this week to have a banter with the lads

detinusdeel

Geezer We will win next week 1 nil 2nil or 2 1 By your own admission you are not playing that well and our club I believe is on an upward spiral at present

Will Warnock get us to the play offs I am not so sure one game at a time is the old cliche But 9 more wins would surely get us in

Onionhead

Sorry Mr West Ham, but we are on a roll with the Warnock Factor, you may as well stay at home and give us the 3 points.

The most optimistic Member MOT

hedgehoguk

Shammy is right mate, playing us at the wrong time. If your lot turn up and put up a good show it'll be a great contest, but if your form is of late and we play as we have been then I can see us winning.

This is the best we've looked for as long as I can remember.

With regards to WH, I can actually see reading sneaking 2nd spot, they are going like a train

OldIron
    The first two results that I always look for are West Ham and Leeds because they are my two favourite teams and have been for many years.
    You may think that they may make strange bed fellows given the historical animosity between the the sets of fans but I have a very good reason.
    My son was born in 1965 just 5 minutes from the West Ham ground and as I had already been a Hammer for eighteen years I was assuming that he would follow suit. Well by the early seventies which were Leeds Halcyon days He became a staunch Leeds fan and there was nothing that I could do to change that so I found myself in the strange situation of supporting two teams. He now lives in Brighton but that doesn't stop him making the occasional pilgrimage to Ellen Road. A true supporter. As for my lot, well you also have to be a long standing supporter to stay true after all the dramas of recent years. All in all I think it is about time that both sets of fans started to get a fair crack of the whip and nothing would please me more than to see Leeds and West Ham together in the prem next season. As I said to my son, you are very close to the play offs and if you can keep showing the form of last week then you will be there at the end of the season.
    As for this weekend, well I am afraid have to take sides on that one just as you should do for your team but thereafter I hope you kick ass and
    join us in the prem.

Cheers from one very old fart.

Bleedingwhite
    Finally a club with decent support - all 3,000 tickets sold at 36 quid a pop in the West Stand.
    Wink
    Wasted journey if all you want is a result - a revitalised Leeds under NW are going to swamp everyone before us to the playoffs and wembley.

Last edited by Admin on Wed 14 Mar 2012, 4:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Charlie Ham
    Charlie Ham
    1st Team Bench

Leeds United v West ham United FC Match Fred Empty Re: Leeds United v West ham United FC Match Fred

Post  Charlie Ham Mon 12 Mar 2012, 6:19 pm

They seem very confident and well they should be.
    Colin to get them to the play off's.

PS.

BFS to get us to the play off's. angry2
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Mon 12 Mar 2012, 6:21 pm

Hopefully a bit too over confident Chas . 2-1 to the Cockney Boys WH Flag
    IronDane
    IronDane
    Reserves

Post  IronDane Mon 12 Mar 2012, 7:49 pm

Playing away and formwise underdogs. This should suit us fine. I think we could nick a hard fought win.
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Mon 12 Mar 2012, 8:46 pm

IronDane wrote:Playing away and formwise underdogs. This should suit us fine. I think we could nick a hard fought win.

Me too ID
    Blakey
    Blakey
    Reserves

Post  Blakey Tue 13 Mar 2012, 9:39 am

The result on Saturday will have a significant impact on my enjoyment of Sunday.

Off to the Brother-in-Laws restaurant for a Mothers Day meal.

I'll either be served a massive portion of humble pie or a giant shit sandwich.

Either way, it'll be an interesting luncheon.
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Tue 13 Mar 2012, 4:33 pm

Time for this little toe rag to get a chance maybe

West Ham United midfielder Ravel Morrison scored twice in the development side's 2-0 win over Brentford this afternoon.

The former Manchester United youngster has yet to play for the first team but was an unused substitute on Saturday against Doncaster Rovers.

His goalscoring performance will have alerted boss Sam Allardyce and he could earn a place in the side for their trip to Leeds United this weekend
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Tue 13 Mar 2012, 7:01 pm

was just going to post the above mate
    i think he will get game time this weekend
    Charlie Ham
    Charlie Ham
    1st Team Bench

Post  Charlie Ham Tue 13 Mar 2012, 10:11 pm

BFS got us into the play off's. Sad
    Geezer
    Geezer
    Reserves

Post  Geezer Wed 14 Mar 2012, 4:34 am

Still a game in hand Chas , last night could of been worse , Reading should probably have won , 1-1 is good for us we just need to win Saturday
    Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs Wed 14 Mar 2012, 12:58 pm

A must win on Saturday. BFS should be reminding the team that this 'must win' will be
    easier than '3 must wins' in the playoffs.
    Joy
    Tea Boy/Girl

Post  Joy Wed 14 Mar 2012, 8:29 pm

It seems like its a must win for us both !
    After our very recent performances I'm hoping we can just pip it Wink
    Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs Wed 14 Mar 2012, 8:46 pm

Only just Joy?

Please forgive me for hoping that you fail miserably, but then pick up for the rest of the season and win the play offs Very Happy
    Geezer
    Geezer
    Reserves

Post  Geezer Thu 15 Mar 2012, 10:18 am

Full list of results
    1920/21 Leeds 1-2 West Ham
    1921/22 Leeds 1-1 West Ham
    1922/23 Leeds 3-1 West Ham
    1923/24 Leeds 1-0 West Ham FA Cup
    1924/25 Leeds 2-1 West Ham
    1925/26 Leeds 5-2 West Ham
    1926/27 Leeds 6-3 West Ham
    1928/29 Leeds 4-1 West Ham
    1929/30 Leeds 1-3 West Ham
    1930/31 Leeds 3-0 West Ham
    1947/48 Leeds 2-1 West Ham
    1948/49 Leeds 1-3 West Ham
    1949/50 Leeds 2-2 West Ham
    1950/51 Leeds 2-0 West Ham
    1951/52 Leeds 3-1 West Ham
    1952/53 Leeds 3-2 West Ham
    1953/54 Leeds 1-2 West Ham
    1954/55 Leeds 2-1 West Ham
    1955/56 Leeds 3-3 West Ham
    1958/59 Leeds 1-0 West Ham
    1959/60 Leeds 3-0 West Ham
    1964/65 Leeds 2-1 West Ham
    1965/66 Leeds 5-0 West Ham
    1966/67 Leeds 2-1 West Ham
    1967/68 Leeds 2-1 West Ham
    1968/69 Leeds 2-0 West Ham
    1969/70 Leeds 4-1 West Ham
    1970/71 Leeds 3-0 West Ham
    1971/72 Leeds 0-0 West Ham
    1971/72 Leeds 0-1 West Ham League Cup
    1972/73 Leeds 1-0 West Ham
    1973/74 Leeds 4-1 West Ham
    1974/75 Leeds 2-1 West Ham
    1975/76 Leeds 1-1 West Ham
    1976/77 Leeds 1-1 West Ham
    1977/78 Leeds 1-2 West Ham
    1981/82 Leeds 3-3 West Ham
    1989/90 Leeds 3-2 West Ham
    1991/92 Leeds 0-0 West Ham
    1993/94 Leeds 1-0 West Ham
    1994/95 Leeds 2-2 West Ham
    1995/96 Leeds 2-0 West Ham
    1996/97 Leeds 1-0 West Ham
    1997/98 Leeds 3-1 West Ham
    1998/99 Leeds 4-0 West Ham
    1999/00 Leeds 1-0 West Ham
    2000/01 Leeds 1-2 West Ham

2001/02 Leeds 3-0 West Ham
    2002/03 Leeds 1-0 West Ham
    2004/05 Leeds 2-1 West Ham

Don't look too good does it
    Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs Thu 15 Mar 2012, 10:56 am

Aye, they've been our bogey team for 80 centuries now......about time things changed, starting this Saturday Smile
    Joy
    Tea Boy/Girl

Post  Joy Thu 15 Mar 2012, 7:19 pm

Yes cheesey grin
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Leeds United v West ham United FC Match Fred Empty Big Sam on Leeds

Post  Admin Thu 15 Mar 2012, 8:22 pm

Sam Allardyce re-affirmed the trust he has in his West Ham United squad during his pre-match media conference for Saturday's away game at Leeds United.

The West Ham United manager is confident the team have prepared well for the trip to Yorkshire as the Hammers look to extend their unbeaten run to eight games. Joey O'Brien's expected return should make that task easier but Big Sam will be forced to shuffle his pack with Ricardo Vaz Te, Winston Reid, Papa Bouba Diop, Julien Faubert and Guy Demel all likely to miss the Elland Road clash through injury.

Any injury news ahead of Saturday?
    Only Joey O'Brien will make it back into the squad for Leeds. Papa Bouba Diop, Ricardo Vaz Te and Winston Reid won't make it. It's a few too many and it's unfortunate but it's something we all have to deal with throughout the season.

You spoke earlier in the week about getting up early on matchdays. Can you tell us a bit more about that?
    SA: Its nothing to do with the position we are in at the moment, it's something I've always done as a manager. My life as a manager has never been different; I always wake up early on a matchday and pray the phone doesn't ring because if it does then it's normally bad news like someone has fallen ill during the night. All I can do is hope the players deliver the type performance that we have worked hard towards throughout the week. I know we have done the proper and correct preparation; it is just about making sure it all comes together on the day itself.

What are your thoughts on West Ham's form at present?
    SA: Defeats give me sleepless nights but draws, although they are not what we want, they are points gained and that is only good for us. We are undefeated in seven and our position at this stage of the season is very good. We know we have missed a chance in improving that but we can't have the negativity that is going around at the moment. We are third in the league at the moment with a game in hand on both Southampton and Reading and if we win it we go joint top only behind Southampton on goal difference. We have to deal with negativity and turn it into positive energy.

You now have four games in 14 days, two of which are on Tuesday evenings. It's a tough period for you isn't it?
    SA: Tuesday evenings seem to have become an Achilles heel for us during the season there's no doubt about that. We have been incapable of producing a result, not a performance, and that is of great concern to us going into this important period of the season. I have spoken with the lads about it and have said we need to have a better attitude and mental state going into these games to make sure we deliver the goods.

We have played some good football at times, against Bristol City for example when we just couldn't find a winner. This was the same with Watford; it's as frustrating for us as it is the fans. We have had a bit of trouble on Tuesday nights so we have to make sure that we improve our mid-week results starting at home on Tuesday.

Why are Tuesday nights a problem do you think?
    SA: It's a tough effort for the players I think playing three games in a week. I've tried playing the same team, tried different routines during the recovery periods and tried rotating the squad but the results still haven't been what we expected. Hopefully we can change this now as we are coming into the crunch time of the season.

Would you say it was two from West Ham, Southampton and Reading for the automatic promotion spots?
    SA: You never know, there are 15 games to go and a lot of points to play for. Nobody in their right mind would have said Reading 12 games ago would be second from top so somebody else could embark on a type of run like they have. Birmingham have fallen away as have Hull and Blackpool but it could be one of those that begin to pick up the points again and make a big push. It's only been us and Southampton that have been in and around the top 2 all season long. Us and Southampton have been the most consistent sides this season but it's important to have a strong finish.

Any chance the team that goes on an unbeaten run could be Leeds?
    SA: There is every chance yes, especially with the experienced Neil Warnock as manager now. Neil has seen and done it all and knows what a team needs to go on a run like Reading's and he will be looking to do that with Leeds having won his first game on Sunday at Middlesbrough.

Neil Warnock is a manager you know well. What do you make of the job he has done at Leeds so far?
    SA: He will have been really disappointed not to have had a longer spell at QPR to get them right in the Premier League but he is at a fantastic club now where he can aim for yet another promotion. It will be a very interesting game on Saturday as he has sorted out Leeds main problem of conceding silly goals. Neil has put those defensive errors right and it makes Leeds that much more difficult to beat. Let's hope we can achieve that on Saturday.
    Arran H
    Reserves

Post  Arran H Sat 17 Mar 2012, 7:04 am

I Hate to say this but we are going to get beat here today , Iam going 3-1 Leeds but Lets hope iam proven wrong WH Flag

My team today would be : 451 : Green,McCartney,Tomkins,Faye,O`Brien,Taylor,Noble,Lansbury,Collison,Nolan and Cole SUBS: O`Neil,Morrison,Maynard,Baldock and Collins
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Sat 17 Mar 2012, 10:36 am

liveonlinefooty.com – Channel 5

Free Streams:
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Other streams - choose a stream from any of those listing at:
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] or

One more

Last edited by Admin on Sat 17 Mar 2012, 1:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Nicki
    Nicki
    Academy

Post  Nicki Sat 17 Mar 2012, 10:39 am

I am hoping Cole doesnt start.
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Sat 17 Mar 2012, 10:46 am

Same here Nicki , leave him on the bench and bring him on in the 2nd half when we are thrashing the Lids WH Flag
    IronDane
    IronDane
    Reserves

Post  IronDane Sat 17 Mar 2012, 1:42 pm

Soooo exciting this game and it is on channel 9 here in Denmark. Can't remember when I last saw a West Ham match on the tele.

C O Y I !! Don't let us down.. Show that Leeds are no match for the away team! I belieeeeve in the power of Big Fat Sam .

P.S. Carlton Cole will score today as he wants to show us that he is a true Hammer and he effin loves us WH Flag
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Sat 17 Mar 2012, 1:46 pm

IronDane wrote:Soooo exciting this game and it is on channel 9 here in Denmark. Can't remember when I last saw a West Ham match on the tele.

C O Y I !! Don't let us down.. Show that Leeds are no match for the away team! I belieeeeve in the power of Big Fat Sam .

P.S. Carlton Cole will score today as he wants to show us that he is a true Hammer and he effin loves us WH Flag

EFFIN ? you really are gonna have to watch your language ID cheesey grin
    IronDane
    IronDane
    Reserves

Post  IronDane Sat 17 Mar 2012, 1:52 pm

hehe it was something CC said on twitter, geezer. I have no idea what effin means,, something like finguck maybe ?

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 27 Apr 2024, 10:56 pm