West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

+9
JamesC
Johnny K
Campo
Geezer
Jiggs
Tony P
Arran H
Charlie Ham
Admin
13 posters

West Ham United FC v Doncaster Match Thread

Admin
    Admin
    1st team

West Ham United FC v Doncaster Match Thread Empty West Ham United FC v Doncaster Match Thread

Post  Admin Thu 08 Mar 2012, 5:43 pm

West Ham United FC v Doncaster Match Thread ClubLogo West Ham United v DoncasterWest Ham United FC v Doncaster Match Thread ClubLogo

Listen online - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Saturday 10th March 2012, K.O. 3PM, Boleyn Ground, London E13

TEAM NEWS

West Ham will test defender Winston Reid, who has missed two matches after being knocked unconscious while with New Zealand.

Papa Bouba Diop is still missing with a hamstring injury and defender Guy Demel is out with a thigh problem.

Doncaster's main injury concern is Tommy Spurr's recurrent hip problem.

Striker Habib Bamogo has returned to training after a hamstring injury and is available but skipper Brian Stock is out with a torn groin muscle.
    MATCH FACTS

Head-to-head

• Doncaster have won 10, drawn five and lost eight of 23 matches against West Ham, which have all been second level league fixtures.

• West Ham are unbeaten in four against Rovers, and are pursuing a third successive victory over them, and only their second double. The first was in 1936/37.

• The reverse fixture was the first time in 15 meetings that Doncaster had failed to score. They have netted one goal in each of their last five visits to Upton Park.

West Ham United

• West Ham failed to grasp the opportunity to return to the top of the table when held to a 1-1 draw home to Watford on Wednesday, to remain one point behind Southampton. They had to rely on an 87th minute equaliser from Ricardo Vaz Te, but have avoided defeat in nine of their 10 league games in 2012.

• The Hammers are unbeaten in six Championship matches (W3, D3), and have not lost in seven at Upton Park (W4, D3), since the visit of Burnley on 3 December. They have drawn the last three on their own ground.

• Sam Allardyce has not seen his side lose to any of the bottom nine clubs, and will be expecting to complete a full house of eight victories against the bottom four.

Doncaster Rovers

• Bottom-but-one Doncaster go into their 3,500th league match, three points above Portsmouth and three points below safety. They are boosted by Tuesday's 2-1 away win over Nottingham Forest which ended an eight-match winless stint in league and cup.

• While no club has won more Championship matches than West Ham's 19, no club has won fewer than Doncaster's seven.

• Only Coventry have a weaker away Championship record than Dean Saunders' side. Rovers have picked up just three wins and 10 points on their travels.

Last edited by Admin on Sat 10 Mar 2012, 9:23 am; edited 2 times in total
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

West Ham United FC v Doncaster Match Thread Empty Re: West Ham United FC v Doncaster Match Thread

Post  Admin Thu 08 Mar 2012, 5:53 pm

My team for Saturday

................Green..............
    O'Brien........Tomkins.......Faye........Mac
    ..............Noble...........Lansbury...........
    Vaz Te...........Nolan..............Taylor
    .................Maynard.................

To stop this hoofing shit and bring Cole on when we are 3-0 up and punish the DNB,s
    Charlie Ham
    Charlie Ham
    1st Team Bench

West Ham United FC v Doncaster Match Thread Empty Re: West Ham United FC v Doncaster Match Thread

Post  Charlie Ham Fri 09 Mar 2012, 10:51 pm

Mrs Ham coming with me tomorrow.
    I hope they play better then in the last two home games.
    I would like a good weekend.

Last edited by Charlie Ham on Sat 10 Mar 2012, 12:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Arran H
    Reserves

Post  Arran H Sat 10 Mar 2012, 8:13 am

I think BFS should go with the formation where Tomkins plays in Midfield and give Collins his debut alongside Faye - Collins and Faye used CB partners at stoke so they know each other strenghts etc .

We need to win this by at least 3 or 4 goals WH Flag
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Sat 10 Mar 2012, 10:30 am

Arran H wrote:I think BFS should go with the formation where Tomkins plays in Midfield and give Collins his debut alongside Faye - Collins and Faye used CB partners at stoke so they know each other strenghts etc .

We need to win this by at least 3 or 4 goals WH Flag

Agreed Arran
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Sat 10 Mar 2012, 12:37 pm

Very poor week for links , the only one I could find so far is [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] . I,ll keep looking for you that cant make the game .

COYI
    Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs Sat 10 Mar 2012, 1:41 pm

Can't find anything......Radio comms will have to do Sad
    Geezer
    Geezer
    Reserves

Post  Geezer Sat 10 Mar 2012, 1:48 pm

The sooner we get back to where we belong the better , then I get to see every match , mind you I dont know if my ticker will be able to take it WH Flag
    Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs Sat 10 Mar 2012, 1:57 pm

Amen to that....I can't wait tramp
    Geezer
    Geezer
    Reserves

Post  Geezer Sat 10 Mar 2012, 2:08 pm

The team news is in.

West Ham United: Green, McCartney, Tomkins, Faye, Taylor, Noble, Lansbury, Nolan, Collison, Vaz Te, Cole
    Subs: Collins, O'Neil, Morrison, Baldock, Maynard

Doncaster Rovers: Ikeme, Chimbonda, Beye, Martis, Spurr, Coppinger, Bennett, Barnes, Gillett, Diouf, Bagayoko
    Subs; Hird, Ilunga, Oster, Robert, Hayter
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Sat 10 Mar 2012, 2:22 pm

good to see Morrison on the bench, that can only mean he has knuckled down
    Arran H
    Reserves

Post  Arran H Sat 10 Mar 2012, 2:24 pm

Looking at that Line up then : 451
    Green
    Taylor---Tomkins---Faye---McCartney
    Lansbury--Noble--Collison--Vaz Te
    Nolan
    Cole

Plus if we are winning I would take of Collison bring on Morrison ,Take of Cole and bring on Maynard and Take Lansbury of and bring on O`Neil

Plus their are rumours going the pompey forums that we have got Henderson on lone WH Flag A great back up to have if Green gets injured WH Flag
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Sat 10 Mar 2012, 2:36 pm

ThreeWheeling wrote:good to see Morrison on the bench, that can only mean he has knuckled down

Or been knuckled Viking
    Arran H
    Reserves

Post  Arran H Sat 10 Mar 2012, 2:47 pm

Admin wrote:Very poor week for links , the only one I could find so far is [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] . I,ll keep looking for you that cant make the game .

COYI

That link is for the Millwall game however this link seems to be the one that will be us v Doncaster Smile
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Sat 10 Mar 2012, 2:51 pm

Sam Allardyce spoke of his joy at bringing new loan signing Danny Collins to the Boleyn Ground and at his determination to beat Doncaster Rovers on Saturday afternoon.

Allardyce was speaking ahead of Saturday's npower Championship game at home to Doncaster and is very happy to have Stoke City defender Collins on loan until the end of the season. Big Sam is hoping Collins' experience will help the team to gain automatic promotion..

What was the reason behind signing Danny Collins on loan from Stoke?

SA - We need somebody with the experience of Danny who has not only got Premier League experience with Stoke City but has promotion experience with Sunderland. Winston Reid's unfortunate injury has caused us great concern in terms of central defenders because we have only got James Tomkins and Abdoulaye Faye as our out and out central defenders. George McCartney has played there a few times, but I don't want to rely on that alone. Danny is an experienced player who is a fantastic capture for us. My thanks go to Tony Pulis and Stoke City for allowing us to do the deal. It makes our squad capable in terms of strength and depth of achieving what we want to.

The run in to the end of the season is about to begin. It is crunch time, isn't it?

SA - Yes and that's why Danny's experience is so crucial. Along with Danny, Kevin Nolan has had the same promotion experience with Newcastle United very recently so they are key to our success. Collins has played a few games recently, one against Valencia in the Europa League, so I expect that if needed he will be capable of jumping straight into the team. He is in the squad for the game against Doncaster Rovers tomorrow so he has an outside chance of making his debut.

How frustrating was Wednesday night's draw against Watford after two great away wins?

SA - We have been frustrated at Upton Park two home games in a row now. The two home games previous to that we put in a tremendous effort to beat Millwall and draw with Southampton both with ten men which makes it all the more disappointing that we drew against both Crystal Palace and Watford. I think we have to overcome any anxieties we have and deliver what we know we can do. There aren't any excuses apart from our own deficiency in front of goal at home - to dry up against Palace and Watford was very frustrating for us all. Our frustration is as big as the fans' is. We all want to do better at home, starting with Doncaster on Saturday.

Is there a problem with expectation among the fans with promotion being so close?

SA - Every club feels that but us more than most because we are expected to gain promotion. Fans at West Ham have a greater expectancy because of the size of the club. We are the biggest club in the Championship, no disrespect to any other club, but with the history of West Ham we should be in the Premier League. As professionals we should accept and thrive under pressure we should deliver the right results. Pressure should be a good experience for us and not a bad one.
    Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs Sat 10 Mar 2012, 2:51 pm

Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Sat 10 Mar 2012, 3:00 pm

That one wont w**k abroad Arran Sad
    Arran H
    Reserves

Post  Arran H Sat 10 Mar 2012, 3:00 pm

Jiggs wrote:

Thats the Millwall game again Sad

Cant find the west ham link Evil or Very Mad Looks like iam going to have to relie on the official website Sad
    Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs Sat 10 Mar 2012, 3:03 pm

Supposed to be covering three games, ours included. Millscum however is the main match Evil or Very Mad
    Arran H
    Reserves

Post  Arran H Sat 10 Mar 2012, 3:06 pm

According offical website we had put the ball into the net after 10secs but was rule out because a foul on chimbonda was commited Evil or Very Mad
    Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs Sat 10 Mar 2012, 3:13 pm

1-0 Nolan 9 mins

Last edited by Jiggs on Sat 10 Mar 2012, 3:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Arran H
    Reserves

Post  Arran H Sat 10 Mar 2012, 3:13 pm

Nolan again WH Flag 1-0 west ham he is now our joint top scorer with cole on 9 goals clap

Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Sat 10 Mar 2012, 3:16 pm

Got some sort of com on [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Johnny K
    Johnny K
    Academy

Post  Johnny K Sat 10 Mar 2012, 3:20 pm

All I'm getting on that is adverts
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Sat 10 Mar 2012, 3:22 pm

Reading 1-0 up and my com has fucked up Sad

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 11 May 2024, 4:40 pm