West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

+4
Admin
Campo
mottinghammer
Tony P
8 posters

I totally agree with this bloke !!

Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

I totally agree with this bloke !! Empty I totally agree with this bloke !!

Post  Tony P Fri 18 May 2012, 11:13 am

From Claret & Blue In My Blood

Thursday, May 17, 2012
    The Iron Fist Is In: It's Time To Stop Riding On the Coattales & Nail Your Colours To The Mast.

Firstly: for those of you that tolerate this blog often, forgive me, but I feel that I'm speaking for most of you. But for those of you that are insulted by the following: take it as not so much a slap in the face, but as a bracing wake up call. You need to do some soul-searching. Yes everyone is entitled to an opinion, but it amazes me how many of the traditionally negative Allardyce haters have gone silent right now: what are you waiting for? Failure on Saturday?

It's time to nail your colours to the mast. Are you, or aren't you?

Yes, I'm speaking to all you Allardyce doubters; you Nolan detractors; you ne'er-do-well negative stereotypical anger-mongers with your cliched "West Ham Way" criticisms of our manager and team, but who conveniently forget the recent past: those of you who are amazingly silent during any Hammers' success (like NOW), but are the first to pop-off with your vitriolic negativity the moment something goes slightly awry under Allardyce's stewardship of our club.

I'm going to give you both barrels, right now. I haven't posted for over a week: that's a first in two years: I've waited patiently, biding my time, but now you're going to get it. And by-God, you deserve it! Read on if you dare, reflect if you have the balls, and digest if you have the fortitude. I doubt I'll change your minds; it's impossible to convert radicals, bigots, and the intolerant, but if I can part the hair on the crown of your parochial heads with my bullet, then I've done my job, and I'll get some satisfaction from that.

But first: a refresher, as some of your parochial minds seem to have short memories. So drink this up and swallow hard - take your medicine now. If you don't like the taste, it's probably because it hits home: at this point last season our club was as low as it has been for decades. After a disastrous couple of seasons under Zola, who, while playing some expansive football under admittedly harsh conditions, media scrutiny, legal challenges, ownership issues, and a tight budget, finally gave way to the bewildered Avram year and quickly to relegation. The club, prior to the two David's arriving, was almost unmarketable: buyers were NOT stepping up to the plate; future player targets weren't interested in signing, and sponsors were not queuing up, yet your expectations were sky-high.

Remember that? Think harder. I do. It was DIRE. As damn-well dire as I can ever remember.

The club was teetering under "the project". Debts were huge; they still are; however, with the current owners' business sense and the marketability that Allardyce has brought to the club this season the future is viable (yes, just one season under Allardye, the club is on the road to recovery - promotion or not!)

In the same way that all Spurs fans are German Bayern fans right now prior to the Champions-League final on Saturday, you have to ask yourselves where your hearts lie. West Ham with a PL future and Allardyce, or? Because you can't have one without the other! You can't have your cake and eat it: didn't your mother teach you that? Throwing your toys out of the pram the first time anything untoward happens isn't being a fan: it's being a fruit-cake. And the club doesn't need that, or you. Get lost, or wake up - I don't care: frankly I'm sick of your moaning.

Di-Canio? He's not ready: he's nowhere near ready! 2 or 3 more seasons after coaching a Championship Team perhaps. (That was perhaps!) But now? You're dreaming! You do yourself and the club a massive disservice believing such a mighty club can be helmed by a new managerial-lightweight without a substantial track record. Again, remember Zola? Of course you do, but you conveniently place that to one side and allow your heart to be coloured by DiCanio's tattoo, his amazing playing record, and a passionate West Ham cult-hero following, and your misplaced belief that only a West Ham legend can lead this team to success.

You're wrong. 8 words: Liverpool, "King" Kenny, one-hundred-twenty million pounds.

You'd rather see West Ham playing expansive football in the lower leagues than what you're seeing now? Sure, go nail your colours to Swindon, Crawley or Southend. We won't miss you, but you will miss us. You'll be back. Through thick or thin: that's a fan, whether you be West Ham, Blackburn, Chelsea, or Manchester City (kudos to City: well done: that was stirring support!).

So, win OR LOSE on Saturday, I'll will support the team and manager. It's Allardyce for me: we've come a long way, Baby, as the saying goes. Allardyce netted the club 86 points this season. That would have got West Ham automatic promotion in second place above Norwich's 84 points last season. Not satisfied? Well, try this: it would have secured automatic promotion in 4 of the last 5 Championship seasons to boot. Chew on that.

If not this season, then next. It's taken Allardyce and West Ham a while to gel, but, as Mark Noble put it:

"West Ham is a completely differently run club nowadays," Noble told The Sun. "Sam is in charge of everything and what he says goes. And the boys and staff have reacted to that. In the last few years, I've gone through the Great Escape, relegation, promotions, cup finals - it's all experience in the bank but it's been a bit mental. Now, you get the feeling things are turning around at Upton Park."

"A bit mental." Yes that sums up our recent past. Big Sam has brought stability, control, and discipline back to the club, and if that has come at the cost occasionally of snore-bore home draws, interspersed with away win records, 6-0 home victories, and some soul-searching after a very few home losses, then it's all been part of a learning process which can only make the club stronger in my honest opinion. And whether it is this Saturday or next May, I'm nailing my colours to my team and to Allardyce to lead them there
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

clap COYI's and all you fans - GET BEHIND YOUR TEAM OR GO AND SUPPORT SOMEONE ELSE !!
    mottinghammer
    mottinghammer
    1st Team Bench

I totally agree with this bloke !! Empty Re: I totally agree with this bloke !!

Post  mottinghammer Fri 18 May 2012, 11:34 am

I can go with all of that, far to often we have claret n blue tinted specs on. The 'West Ham way' has seen us become a yo yo club this century, hardly playing great football for most of it and enduring some real crap as well, The rodent, Curbs, Grant didnt really do a lot for the 'West Ham way'.

A win tomorrow with a goal in the 94th min off coles arse will do me Tommy, and make BFS a West Ham leg end WH Flag

COYI's cheesey grin
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Fri 18 May 2012, 11:36 am

clap totally agree
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Fri 18 May 2012, 12:14 pm

Very good read , with him 100% clap
    JulianDicksLeftKnee
    JulianDicksLeftKnee
    Reserves

Post  JulianDicksLeftKnee Fri 18 May 2012, 1:28 pm

Says exactly how I always felt. Not deluded-if you chose a club to support with just your head then it wouldn't be West Ham in the 70's but Liverpool. Gladly the heart chooses a club for you-dunno where mine come from as it was from a preschool age with no fans in the family (despite both grandparents being from Stepney/Bethnal Green)

The West Ham way has always been an elusive title of a dream. Certainly little of the WHW has been seen since JL was manager and that's nigh on 25 years ago. Brief spells under Harry-bt always with a success/failure yo-yo ride.

So, as we dearly have found-not just us competing nowadays is harder than 30 years ago and it wasn't all champagne and skittles then. We are what we are and have to take the best routes we can to secure a place in the highest echelon. No good playing beautiful football on Wanstead Flats to the delight of a passing tramp and his mongrel.

Sam has stabilised. Dave and Dave have stabilised the business and now doing the best to ensure it stays stable-hence Sam was bought in.

Football fans are fickle and emotional knee jerkers, society is in general now. We all change cars yearly because its become society's way our dads didn't! They run them and repaired them. Daves are doing this NOW-can be argued they should had before, they got it wrong and as DG says "move on...."
    Suzanne Claret
    Suzanne Claret
    1st Team Bench

Post  Suzanne Claret Fri 18 May 2012, 3:02 pm

Some people are never happy, if they don’t like it they don’t have to go, its not compulsory.
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Fri 18 May 2012, 3:09 pm

JulianDicksLeftKnee wrote:

Sam has stabilised. Dave and Dave have stabilised the business and now doing the best to ensure it stays stable-hence Sam was bought in.

this is the most important part of this season
    IronDane
    IronDane
    Reserves

Post  IronDane Fri 18 May 2012, 8:52 pm

Is he talking about Nially Nooly ? Long Leg
    manurewa hammer
    manurewa hammer
    Reserves

Post  manurewa hammer Sat 19 May 2012, 2:38 am

I agree too! been a supporter since 1970. of course there have been the ups and downs. But we long term fans keep the faith no matter what. I think we have done very well with Sam, we will get promoted, and lets see what happens nex minute.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 21 Sep 2024, 11:45 pm