West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

+10
Chas Hammer
alfiehammer
Campo
SemiOldIron
Sir Ian
Jiggs
Charlie Ham
JulianDicksLeftKnee
Arran H
Admin
14 posters

West Ham United FC v Arsenal

Admin
    Admin
    1st team

West Ham United FC v Arsenal - Page 2 Empty Re: West Ham United FC v Arsenal

Post  Admin Sat 06 Oct 2012, 6:48 pm

Demel is having a good game
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Sat 06 Oct 2012, 6:52 pm

and Diame , bloke is Parker plus some clap
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Sat 06 Oct 2012, 7:00 pm

Vaz Re , dislocated shoulder
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Sat 06 Oct 2012, 7:11 pm

fcuk all you can do about the third
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Sat 06 Oct 2012, 7:11 pm

Well thats us below Le Arse
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Sat 06 Oct 2012, 7:12 pm

I am not too down, we will be alright this season Bear
    Chas Hammer
    Boot Cleaner

Post  Chas Hammer Sat 06 Oct 2012, 7:15 pm

That is it! 1 - 3. The lad and his shirt is going in the pool!!
    Arran H
    Reserves

Post  Arran H Sat 06 Oct 2012, 7:18 pm

Cant complain about this defeat , they have been by far the better team before and after we took the lead tho I must say they wenger is the biggest moaning french wanker ever when things are not going his way West Ham United FC v Arsenal - Page 2 3725042725

Oh well Wigan and southampton next , so should get 6pts out of them two scarf
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Sat 06 Oct 2012, 7:25 pm

3-1 down 95th minute, we are still fighting... i will have it

we are no longer a push over ..

there are at least 8 teams worse than us this year
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Sat 06 Oct 2012, 7:32 pm

Got no complaints apart from Collins , he seemed to be involved in all of their goals , WTF . Now I have to deal with my boss on monday , West Ham United FC v Arsenal - Page 2 3725042725
    Chas Hammer
    Boot Cleaner

Post  Chas Hammer Sat 06 Oct 2012, 7:37 pm

Honour prevailed. The and looser had to go in the pool. These culours don't run! WHTID! Glug glug
    Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs Sat 06 Oct 2012, 7:51 pm

Bloody cheek, only sing when we're winning.....Deaf bastards! Very Happy

Nothing wrong with that today....If our Kevin had eaten three shredded wheat this morning we would have had at least a 3-3 draw. Walcott's over the top goal celebration tells you that we had them worried for a while.

Proud of the lads today. They've shown that a fair few pairs of bollicks have been grown in East London since our relegation. Well apart from ginger ones that is. cheesey grin

scarf scarf scarf scarf
    Arran H
    Reserves

Post  Arran H Sat 06 Oct 2012, 8:19 pm

The thing that I like about us now is that unlike before in prevous seasons we ACTUALY fight right to the final wistle regardless of the scoreline which brilliant to see and something we havent seen for a while and long may it contiune scarf !!!

Nicki
    Nicki
    Academy

Post  Nicki Sat 06 Oct 2012, 8:27 pm

Arran H wrote:The thing that I like about us now is that unlike before in prevous seasons we ACTUALY fight right to the final wistle regardless of the scoreline which brilliant to see and something we havent seen for a while and long may it contiune scarf !!!

Can't argue with that Arran. It's something that has been missing for a long long time. Well done to Mr A for instilling it in them.
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Sun 07 Oct 2012, 9:03 am

Admin wrote:Got no complaints apart from Collins , he seemed to be involved in all of their goals , WTF . Now I have to deal with my boss on monday , West Ham United FC v Arsenal - Page 2 3725042725

Funnily enough I just logged on to post about Collins. He is worrying me greatly. He went to sleep when Podolski's cross came in for their equaliser; allowing Giroud to get in front of him. He was the one behind the rest of the back four playing Walcott onside for their 2nd and made no real attempt to close down Cazola for their 3rd

West Ham United FC v Arsenal - Page 2 Article-2213973-1561F7D1000005DC-39_634x342

Add to that his distribution, which consists of lumping it EVERY TIME. Add to that, other individual mistakes against Swansea, and QPR (where he got away with it on a couple of occasions) and I have to say that, apart from the Villa game, I am not impressed so far
    Arran H
    Reserves

Post  Arran H Sun 07 Oct 2012, 10:00 am

Bloody great , Just read that BFS has said that Vaz Te will be out for 3 months with a discolated shoulder ,Demel is likely to be out for a month with pulled thigh muscle and Reid is likely to out for a while aswell after suffering a back spasm and couldnt be taken off as we have used all 3 subs in the game ,

My only concern is if Tomkins or Collins get injuries we have no cover for them nailbiter this is where signing mensah would of been useful confu
    Nicki
    Nicki
    Academy

Post  Nicki Sun 07 Oct 2012, 11:22 am

David Gold tweeted last night that Demel should be ok for next game

"David Gold ‏@DavidGoldWHU
    “@Eneme_Mc: @DavidGoldWHU Is Guy Demel's Injury Bad Or A Minor? I will know more on Monday but I think he will fit for the next game. dg"
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Sun 07 Oct 2012, 4:48 pm

results this weekend helping us out too .. so far scarf
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Sun 07 Oct 2012, 7:28 pm

My issue with yesterday's game was that we really shot ourselves in the foot.

We were playing an Arsenal side who are coming together this season, who have some top class players and who were on a high after a very good European victory in midweek.
    we did very well to start the game... we were under almost constant pressure... we weathered it, stood tall... fought back and against the run of play scored an excellent goal to take the lead.

Unfortunately we did what has cost us points and results this season... we then made basic errors that cost us ultimately the game.

He puts in some excellent crunching tackles and looks like a top quality defender, a solid line of defense against anyone... but the problem with Ginger is that he then makes schoolboy errors which lead to goals (as they did against swansea) and take us form a position where we could win a game to a place where we lose a game.

Ginge was just staring out towards the touchline, concentrating purely on the Arse player about to cross the ball. That's ok... you need to know where the ball is in football. But the fundamental error he made was that at no time did he make even an attempt to see if or where there might be another Arse player approaching to receive the obviously impending cross.

Consequently, an Arse player runs in behind Ginge - totally unmarked - and sticks out a foot to guide the ball into the back of the net, completely unchallenged.

Yes, it is true that Noble and diame should have followed in behind the player as they were at least watching him run into our 6 yard box unopposed... so there's contributing factors to an unopposed goal... but ultimately as the central defender, Ginger needs to take responsibility for allowing another team to score against us and ultimately beat us.

The question becomes... how much longer do we allow this situation to persist?

Is it time to play Tomkins/Reid as the central pair and force Collins to go back to school and concentrate on learning how to banish the mistakes from his game... because the mistakes he's making are not accidents, they're poor decision making and poor play... things that shouldn't be tolerated and can be eliminated from your game.
    SemiOldIron
    SemiOldIron
    Academy

Post  SemiOldIron Mon 08 Oct 2012, 11:00 am

Having reflected on it, I'm not too disgruntled - I would have been pleasantly surprised to have got even a point from this fixture. We didn't roll over and die, and we are now a pretty tough prospect for even the top clubs. The win against the Parkkeepers was far more important IMO.
    Regarding Collins, it's undeniable that some mistakes have cost us dear, but I think BFS will persevere with him just because of his experience. I don't think a Reid/Tomkins partnership is strong enough at the moment for the PL, unless we are forced into it.
    My current biggest worry is what we are going to do when Carroll is dragged back to Mouserland in January. We are so much better all round when he plays, and I can't see where the hell we can get a halfway-decent replacement to do that job properly. I laughed when we tried to get Holt, but it doesn't seem quite so funny now...

IronDane
    IronDane
    Reserves

Post  IronDane Mon 08 Oct 2012, 3:40 pm

I saw this match in an Arsenal supporters bar in Copenhagen because my mate is an Arsenal supporter and I must say, I felt pretty proud of being a West Ham supporter that night eventhough we lost 1-3. We fought very well and clearly we have come a long way. I have not seen such respect paid to us by Arsenal supporters before, they were clearly not comfortable and had praise for Diames skills, Nolans ability to pop up in the right places and Andy Carroll's overall greatness. I heard no comments about hoof ball tactics.

I would just be glad of how far Big Sam has taken us so far. We played Arsenal, a very good team that has hopes of winning the premier league. I must say, I have probably not felt better losing to Arsenal than I did after this match. The future is claret and blue! :whu:
    alfiehammer
    alfiehammer
    Reserves

Post  alfiehammer Mon 08 Oct 2012, 3:43 pm

SemiOldIron wrote:Having reflected on it, I'm not too disgruntled - I would have been pleasantly surprised to have got even a point from this fixture. We didn't roll over and die, and we are now a pretty tough prospect for even the top clubs. The win against the Parkkeepers was far more important IMO.
    Regarding Collins, it's undeniable that some mistakes have cost us dear, but I think BFS will persevere with him just because of his experience. I don't think a Reid/Tomkins partnership is strong enough at the moment for the PL, unless we are forced into it.
    My current biggest worry is what we are going to do when Carroll is dragged back to Mouserland in January. We are so much better all round when he plays, and I can't see where the hell we can get a halfway-decent replacement to do that job properly. I laughed when we tried to get Holt, but it doesn't seem quite so funny now...

surely that should read IF not WHEN...no guarentee Liverpool will want him back and Carroll might turn around to rodgers and say "fupp u, I like it down here where the fans respect me and the manager plays me".

WH Flag
    SemiOldIron
    SemiOldIron
    Academy

Post  SemiOldIron Mon 08 Oct 2012, 5:02 pm

[quote="alfiehammer]

surely that should read IF not WHEN...no guarentee Liverpool will want him back and Carroll might turn around to rodgers and say "fupp u, I like it down here where the fans respect me and the manager plays me".

WH Flag [/quote]

I reckon we have little chance of keeping him, Rodgers might well be out on his ear by January and if Carroll is scoring regularly the Mouser support will be screaming the place down to get him back.
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Mon 08 Oct 2012, 5:12 pm

I,m sure D&D & Sam have a plan just in case Carroll gets recalled to the bin dippers

Last edited by Admin on Mon 08 Oct 2012, 5:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Mon 08 Oct 2012, 5:12 pm

alfiehammer wrote:
    SemiOldIron wrote:Having reflected on it, I'm not too disgruntled - I would have been pleasantly surprised to have got even a point from this fixture. We didn't roll over and die, and we are now a pretty tough prospect for even the top clubs. The win against the Parkkeepers was far more important IMO.

surely that should read IF not WHEN...no guarentee Liverpool will want him back and Carroll might turn around to rodgers and say "fupp u, I like it down here where the fans respect me and the manager plays me". WH Flag

He can say or think what he wants, if his employer wants him to return to Anfield he will have no choice, sadly

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 08 Sep 2024, 2:58 am