West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

+10
westhamonkey
Sir Ian
mottinghammer
Jiggs
RichB
Charlie Ham
Arran H
Campo
Kray JR
Admin
14 posters

Reading v West Ham United FC

Sir Ian
    Sir Ian
    Academy

Reading v West Ham United FC - Page 2 Empty Re: Reading v West Ham United FC

Post  Sir Ian Sat 29 Dec 2012, 5:29 pm

we were shit and we got what we deserved Evil or Very Mad 😠
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Sat 29 Dec 2012, 5:39 pm

And can someone please explain to me why Jussi drops to his knees even when the shot is rising, at least try to get something on it
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Sat 29 Dec 2012, 11:39 pm

We miss diame SOOOOOOOO much

The midfield was appalling...

It's been clear for years that Noble cannot and should not take free kicks of corners... but still he does, even when we have a bonafide crosser like Jarvis on the pitch.

This was a shit game... against shit opposition

This could be the start of us dropping into the relegation zone

It's galling to see us turn around a game so brilliantly against Chelski but totally fail to have a clue against one of the worst teams in the division.

Yes... it really was THAT bad...
    TaniaP
    Boot Cleaner

Post  TaniaP Sun 30 Dec 2012, 10:47 am

Admin wrote:Just watched on the box that that was Collins 4th proper cock up , IMHO that is enough , he needs to be benched . Even though we did,nt deserve much from that with the way we played , that cock up cost us a point and it aint the first time .

stupid
    alfiehammer
    alfiehammer
    Reserves

Post  alfiehammer Sun 30 Dec 2012, 11:27 am

I had a rare working day on Saturday so all I knew was the result. About to read this thread, BBC match report and watch MOTD but based on the result alone I was a bit disappointed, I saw Reading as a team we could get at least a point off. shithappens
    daib0
    daib0
    Academy

Post  daib0 Sun 30 Dec 2012, 1:37 pm

I think Reading were a bit fortunate, we defended more than we attacked and that at home of course. The Beeb stats show we had 3 shots, two on target, but that you had 11 shots - however only three on target. Royals are grateful for any points, obviously our situation is much more desperate than yours. I don't think that Hammers will have much problem the remainder of the season, for there's no a group at the bottom who now accept that 'they're at the bottom' ...
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Sun 30 Dec 2012, 1:54 pm

It was a shit game to watch yesterday , thats my opinion , Collins fuck up cost us the point and Vaz also cost us , my nan could have placed that in the goal but I,ll forgive him hes been out injured and if it was,nt for our huge injury problem I dont think he would have been played this early after coming back .
    Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs Sun 30 Dec 2012, 4:35 pm

alfiehammer wrote:I was a bit disappointed, I saw Reading as a team we could get at least a point off. shithappens

We all did Alfonse.....Never learn do we tantrum

Last edited by Jiggs on Sun 30 Dec 2012, 4:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Sun 30 Dec 2012, 4:46 pm

We think we have got problems QPR are utter shite
    Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs Sun 30 Dec 2012, 4:50 pm

Got it on in the background. Will watch second half though, I could do with a laugh cheesey grin
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Sun 30 Dec 2012, 4:54 pm

the twitching is hilarious twitch twitch twitch
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Sun 30 Dec 2012, 5:06 pm

I thought Sagpuss wa gonna lose his head for a minute with all that twitching . Reading v West Ham United FC - Page 2 3725042725
    Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs Sun 30 Dec 2012, 5:25 pm

daib0 wrote:I think Reading were a bit fortunate, we defended more than we attacked and that at home of course. The Beeb stats show we had 3 shots, two on target, but that you had 11 shots - however only three on target. Royals are grateful for any points, obviously our situation is much more desperate than yours. I don't think that Hammers will have much problem the remainder of the season, for there's no a group at the bottom who now accept that 'they're at the bottom' ...

Thanks for your honesty daib0. I don't blame you for defending a one goal lead. It can be risky, especially with Vaz Te missing when it would have been easier to score! It paid off for your team yesterday, but I wouldn't recommend using this strategy too often. Wink

As you say you are grateful for any points, wasn't that nice of us to oblige cheesey grin

By the way, I have to ask.....Does the club run an in-house competition for the most dramatic fall over of the day? Long Leg

Charlie Ham
    Charlie Ham
    1st Team Bench

Post  Charlie Ham Sun 30 Dec 2012, 6:19 pm

Got to say that it would only be our lot that let them get away with a win.
    I feel a bit sorry for SAM who must be aware of certain people who do not try and just give up.
    Then you got those who are just not good enough. Due to such a small squad he has to put up with players I don't think he would use.

I just hope we can bring in some new faces in January because if we had to rely on those that played yesterday than the Championship would be beckoning.
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Sun 30 Dec 2012, 7:14 pm

Reading are a team low on confidence with the worst home defensive record in the league, yet - after gifting them a goal - BFS "decided" that the best policy for the rest of the first half was to continue trying to keep it at 0-1. Instead of attacking them down the flanks and getting crosses in we just lumped it aimlessly forward to Carlton Cole who was doubled up on by Mariappa and Pearce. Mariappa - as he did for Watford last season - beat Cole in the air every time. Mariappa is about 1 foot smaller than Cole too. Cole was back to his awful worst yesterday. When we did get down the flanks the crosses were woeful. Even when the ball did go into their box effectively there was only ever Cole in there and he mostly just stood still instead of attacking the near post

Taylor and Jarvis were on the wrong wings for a start. Ian Harte is about 35 so did he put Jarvis on his side to use his pace against him? No. He put two wide players on the "wrong" side so it was SO obvious to the full backs that when they got the ball (particularly Taylor) they were going to try and put it on their favoured side. Tomkins is NOT a right back. Not only does he give us nothing going forward but looks totally disinterested playing there. Dare I say it, but it it looks like he sulks when he is not at centre half. O'Brien is not even a full back, yet alone a left back so I hope we sort that position out in January. He gives us nothing going forward either. O'Neil is not a Premier League player. End of. Diarra IS so play him if he is is fit. Noble still thinks he is Glenn Hoddle and tries passes that he is incapable of and is SO slow that it is embarrassing. Without a powerhouse alongside him it exposes his weaknesses

Apart from Collins' mistake after 5 mins he and Reid were never really in any trouble as Reading put 10 men behind the ball - leaving Pogrebnyak up front on his own to forage for scraps. Winston Reid was superb and easily gets my MoM vote

Second half, apart from Reading hitting us on the break and hitting the bar - the game was mostly played in our opponents' half of the pitch. The ineffective O'Neil and Taylor were replaced by Collison and Vaz Te and things started to happen. Collison looked hungry and sharp - and may get a start on Tuesday against Norwich instead of Nolan - causing Ian Harte lots of problems. Shame Jarvis had not been on that side Sam. Vaz Te also got at his full back and put a couple of great crosses in. It looked like all of our pressure would finally tell when Jarvis floated a ball to the far post to the TOTALLY UNMARKED RVT who somehow glanced his header wide instead of just meeting the ball squarely with his forehead. A truly awful miss from a player who is generally good in the air

After that Reading were content to concede niggly fouls, contest EVERY decision that went against them and then keep the ball in the corners to run down the clock

Reading did not deserve to win - but neither did we. They are our current bogey team but thankfully after this season we may never have to play them again in the league - thank God. On that showing they have not got enough going forward to stay up I am afraid. We were inept and they capitalized on it yesterday

Jussi 6 - had nothing to do
    Tomkins - 4 awful
    Collins 5 - apart from the mistake he was solid although picked up his 5th booking so misses the Norwich game
    Reid 7 - immense
    O'Brien 5 - average as normal
    Noble 4 - poor and gave possession away far too many times. Why oh why does he take our set-pieces. They are awful
    Nolan 4 - anonymous and got himself needlessly booked which means he misses the Norwich game
    O'Neil 4 - simply not up to the task
    Taylor 4 - poor crosses and too slow for the Premiership
    Jarvis 5 - we simply do not get the ball to him often enough for him to be effective. Crossing was poor apart from the one to Vaz Te
    Cole 4 - offered us nothing whatsoever. Continually beaten in the air. Snuffed out completely

Subs - Collison (for O'Neil) 6. Actually gave us a spark when he came on
    Vaz Te (for Taylor) 5 - looked lively but really should have scored with that header
    Maiga (for Noble) - 4 anonymous

Referee - Michael Oliver 8/10. Handled the game very well. Kept calm and was not card happy
    daib0
    daib0
    Academy

Post  daib0 Sun 30 Dec 2012, 7:53 pm

can't argue with a lot of things said there TBH. Actually what narks me about my own team is the time-wasting at end of games when we're sitting on to a slender lead. Started in a big way last season, going to the corner flag often from about 10 minutes from time, not knowing where the ball is on goal kicks, or not sure from which point to take a free kick - they know how to eat up the seconds - but so embarrassing ...
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Sun 30 Dec 2012, 8:06 pm

daib0 wrote:can't argue with a lot of things said there TBH. Actually what narks me about my own team is the time-wasting at end of games when we're sitting on to a slender lead. Started in a big way last season, going to the corner flag often from about 10 minutes from time, not knowing where the ball is on goal kicks, or not sure from which point to take a free kick - they know how to eat up the seconds - but so embarrassing ...

It worked yesterday matey !!
    Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs Sun 30 Dec 2012, 8:11 pm

Tony .....AbFab report darlin'.......Thank you xx heart
    alfiehammer
    alfiehammer
    Reserves

Post  alfiehammer Sun 30 Dec 2012, 8:47 pm

What jigs said...just a shame the content was so depressing eh? doh
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Sun 30 Dec 2012, 9:01 pm

agree tony mostly
    Jarvis spends far too much of his time covering the full back , therefore when we do break forward he is already too deep, if we can get some good full backs in we will cure a massive problem which is the lack of confidence down our flanks,
    then our wide men can push forward a tad getting rid of the pressure we put upon ourselves, opening up the middle to work the ball through.

sounds all bloody fifa type , but its bloody basics really , sometimes we are far too compact to do any damage at the other end, our defence is on par with the Evertonians , Goals is where we lack
    we needs full backs that can interchange

but onwards and upwards
    think yourself lucky i have to watch Basingstoke on Tuesday cheesey grin

Last edited by Campo on Sun 30 Dec 2012, 9:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Sun 30 Dec 2012, 9:04 pm

Campo wrote:agree tony mostly
    Jarvis spends far too much of his time covering the full back , therefore when we do break forward he is already too deep, if we can get some good full backs in we will cure a massive problem which is the lack of confidence down our flanks,
    then our wide men can push forward a tad getting rid of the pressure we put upon ourselves, opening up the middle to work the ball through.

sounds all bloody fifa type , but its bloody basics really , sometimes we are far too compact to do any damage at the other end, our defence is on par with the Evertonians , Goals is where we lack

Agreed

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 20 May 2024, 6:24 am