West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

+13
Stooby Doo 2002
Jiggs
Cochese
alfiehammer
IronDane
Johnny K
Suzanne Claret
mottinghammer
Campo
Dan C
Tony P
Arran H
Admin
17 posters

Arsenal v West Ham United FC

Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Arsenal v West Ham United FC - Page 3 Empty Re: Arsenal v West Ham United FC

Post  Admin Wed 23 Jan 2013, 9:06 pm

Diame and Potts coming on ?
    Johnny K
    Johnny K
    Academy

Post  Johnny K Wed 23 Jan 2013, 9:07 pm

Bloody embarassing 12 minutes. We can't deal with pace. First spurs & now this mob. Mind you, tomkins was fouled for the 2nd.
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Wed 23 Jan 2013, 9:19 pm

I think it may have gone all tits up
    Cochese
    Cochese
    Boot Cleaner

Post  Cochese Wed 23 Jan 2013, 9:26 pm

We're in trouble.
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Wed 23 Jan 2013, 9:26 pm

Potts is in a bad way
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Wed 23 Jan 2013, 9:28 pm

Dont look too good for Potts , hope he,s OK
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Wed 23 Jan 2013, 9:31 pm

Hazard sent off for the Cheats for kicking the ball boy

he is in big trouble

bugger me, did not take long for the first joke too

FootyHumour ‏@FootyHumour
    Have you been hit by a Hazard at work that wasn't your fault? You could be entitled to compensation
    Cochese
    Cochese
    Boot Cleaner

Post  Cochese Wed 23 Jan 2013, 9:42 pm

Campo wrote:Hazard sent off for the Cheats for kicking the ball boy

he is in big trouble

bugger me, did not take long for the first joke too

FootyHumour ‏@FootyHumour
    Have you been hit by a Hazard at work that wasn't your fault? You could be entitled to compensation

rofl
    Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs Wed 23 Jan 2013, 9:44 pm

Poor Danny Potts Sad I wish him well soon.

What an awful end to an already dreadful night of football.

Can't be arsed to watch anymore. Couldn't give a shit if they've scored another five, six, seven or more.......sorry Sad Sad Sad

Nite nite x
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Wed 23 Jan 2013, 9:48 pm

A crazy 10 or so minutes it all went tits

Hope young Potts is ok, but 20 mins out for the count will take some recovering from.

Fooham next
    Arran H
    Reserves

Post  Arran H Wed 23 Jan 2013, 9:52 pm

WHAT A FUCKING DISGRACE BY BIG SAM !! I dont blame the players today i blame BIG SAM !!! Why would you start with diame,j.cole and jarvis on the bench when you know full well they are the ones who will create chances for us it just doest make sense ... hope the two davids go metal at sam for this !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil angry2 angry2
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Wed 23 Jan 2013, 9:56 pm

What did Fat Sam expect fielding a side full of Championship players and leaving Jarvis, Diame, Diarra and Joe Cole on the bench? He has to take full responsibility for this

Fuming angry2

Last edited by Tony P on Thu 24 Jan 2013, 7:10 am; edited 1 time in total
    TaniaP
    Boot Cleaner

Post  TaniaP Wed 23 Jan 2013, 10:02 pm

Was there a game tonight?

lalala
    alfiehammer
    alfiehammer
    Reserves

Post  alfiehammer Wed 23 Jan 2013, 10:05 pm

Time to start scraping for points. This makes the QPR result worse now
    Johnny K
    Johnny K
    Academy

Post  Johnny K Wed 23 Jan 2013, 10:14 pm

Not sure why he was resting players when they've got a week off anyway. If they can't recover in a week they can't be up to much.
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Wed 23 Jan 2013, 10:25 pm

Johnny K wrote:Not sure why he was resting players when they've got a week off anyway. If they can't recover in a week they can't be up to much.

Precisely. We have no game at the weekend so there was no excuse for not playing Jarvis, Cole, Diarra and Diame. NONE WHATSOEVER

Off to look at the Bum of the Day photo to cheer myself up!
    alfiehammer
    alfiehammer
    Reserves

Post  alfiehammer Wed 23 Jan 2013, 11:26 pm

Tony P wrote:
    Johnny K wrote:Not sure why he was resting players when they've got a week off anyway. If they can't recover in a week they can't be up to much.

Precisely. We have no game at the weekend so there was no excuse for not playing Jarvis, Cole, Diarra and Diame. NONE WHATSOEVER

dude, thats your sister jawdrop
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Wed 23 Jan 2013, 11:26 pm

alfiehammer wrote:
    Tony P wrote:

dude, thats your sister jawdrop

It's really not !!
    Dan C
    Dan C
    Boot Cleaner

Post  Dan C Thu 24 Jan 2013, 12:38 am

It was not a nice second half to endure - and, yes, as a true fan I stayed right to the final whistle. I didn't walk out on my team with half an hour to go. We had defended well in the first half and even taken the lead. Everything Arsenal touched turned to goals at the start of the second period, however, and that was game over. They're an exceptional side and they can do that to teams.

I could understand Big Sam's thinking behind the starting line-up. Keep it solid, work hard, defend well and see what we can nick. If it works, Arsenal have to push the more the game goes on, so we send on Diame and Jarvis to exploit the space at pace. We needed to dig in and hope for something off a set-piece and for 45 minutes, we did that exceptionally well. I was pleased to see Collison come in as he can work hard and he does have a goal in him, which was vindicated.

Arsenal did what Arsenal do though in the second half. We can't compete with that, when they are that incisive. I thought we missed Collins' organisation at the back - individually Reid and Tomkins are assets but, as a pairing, they are naive at this level. They need an experienced head in with them, which is why I've been championing Ginge all season. We looked a lot more compact with Diarra on the pitch.

As an aside, is it too much to ask for a goalkeeper to save a long-range shot every now and then? Taarabt, Cazorla, Johnson, Gardner and Podolski have all left our Finnish Failure picking the ball out of his net - I don't know if it's footwork, positioning or what but it would be interesting to know the percentage of shots on target from 20+ yards that have beaten Jaaskelainen. I believe he has a generally decent shots-to-saves ratio but, having defended well for 25 minutes tonight, it's galling to see another belter fly past him. I don't believe he could necessarily have done much with this one but I have been disappointed with him on others. Perhaps I've been spoilt by Rob Green.

A frustrating, disappointing and fruitless night but Arsenal are a top side and, for ten minutes, they were right at the top of their game and it did for us. On to Fulham and the hope of picking up at least a point.

Finally, best wishes to Dan Potts for a speedy recovery.

P.S. Maybe this is out of place, and apologies if it is, but some of the language in this thread really is unnecessary. Emotions run high in a game, of course, but this is surely a family board?!
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Thu 24 Jan 2013, 5:46 am

Maybe that will teach me for winding my Gooner boss up after we scored ( is he really a gooner , didn't even know they were playing ) . Not very happy with Sam and his selection last night , just don't understand his thoughts , why ?
    We really do need to start getting points on the board , the bottom is getting closer and we still have a few games left .
    Have to agree with you on the language Dan and I am one of the guilty parties , maybe it's time to introduce the word sensoring again , will look into it tonight when I get home
    Arran H
    Reserves

Post  Arran H Thu 24 Jan 2013, 7:24 am

First of all looking back through this thread like admin I to would like to say sorry for my language !
    secound thing I still looking back at it dont understand why he started Diame,J.Cole,Jarvis on the bench ?!?!? If them 3 had been on the pitch from the start then there is NO WAY ON THIS PLANET that the score would of ended 5-1 and whos knows we may even of won doh
    Fulham next away from home next wednesday going be tough after last night but I expect us to go out there and give them a beating !
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Thu 24 Jan 2013, 8:18 am

Ok shit 10-15 mins in the second half and we end up on the back end of a 5-1 to the Arsenal

this time last year it was Ipswich
    Suzanne Claret
    Suzanne Claret
    1st Team Bench

Post  Suzanne Claret Thu 24 Jan 2013, 9:09 am

They were so much better than us at everything, it is very demoralising [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    SemiOldIron
    SemiOldIron
    Academy

Post  SemiOldIron Thu 24 Jan 2013, 11:35 am

Hugely disappointing. Listened to it on Radio London driving home and got thoroughly depressed. I can't see the sense in fielding that initial side either, even if you think it's maybe a lost cause you still put your best side out and see how they match up against a class team. We just got outclassed from front to back. Maybe BFS got over-optimistic after our performances against ManPoo. Anyway, that has demonstrated our weaknesses in graphic detail, we just have to hope and pray that some sort of improvement can be made.
    I think what makes it worse for me is that the Arse play like I want the Hammers to play, but currently we are so, so far from being capable of doing it. Sad
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Thu 24 Jan 2013, 12:10 pm

well there is an excuse for 2 of them, Joe and Jarvis carrying knocks

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 12 May 2024, 11:55 pm