West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

+7
Jiggs
IronDane
Tony P
Sir Ian
Arran H
SemiOldIron
Admin
11 posters

West ham United FC V Man City

Arran H
    Reserves

West ham United FC V Man City - Page 2 Empty Re: West ham United FC V Man City

Post  Arran H Sat 19 Oct 2013, 6:19 pm

Not surprise that we are losing if being honest but not been as bad as thought it would be maybe bringing on Carlton Cole might inspire us to get something out of the game ?!?
    Sir Ian
    Sir Ian
    Academy

Post  Sir Ian Sat 19 Oct 2013, 6:30 pm

their cb's are both replacements, garcia is actually a midfielder who ocasionally plays at the back, i think a striker of petric/cole/rvt playing up on them may get some joy other than that it hasnt been as bad as it couldve been and according to the stats on the offish theyve had only 1 more shot than we have, just all ours have been off target but at least we're creating West ham United FC V Man City - Page 2 1289607003 West ham United FC V Man City - Page 2 1289607003
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Sat 19 Oct 2013, 6:39 pm

that is SHIT .. i am done for the day ... night all
    Arran H
    Reserves

Post  Arran H Sat 19 Oct 2013, 6:39 pm

Game over now !
    RichB
    RichB
    Boot Cleaner

Post  RichB Sat 19 Oct 2013, 6:40 pm

All over chaps... the euphoria of a couple of weeks ago replaced with normality!
    Sir Ian
    Sir Ian
    Academy

Post  Sir Ian Sat 19 Oct 2013, 6:42 pm

4ft nothing poxy argy and they let him win the header in the box 2-0 all over! West ham United FC V Man City - Page 2 2723394577 West ham United FC V Man City - Page 2 2723394577
    Arran H
    Reserves

Post  Arran H Sat 19 Oct 2013, 6:47 pm

2-1 Vaz Te ! Nice little touch by Ravel and a good finish by RVT ... BRING ON C.COLE !
    Arran H
    Reserves

Post  Arran H Sat 19 Oct 2013, 6:53 pm

With Jarvis and O`Brien coming on will cole now come on with Jarvis and downing on the wings !?!?!
    RichB
    RichB
    Boot Cleaner

Post  RichB Sat 19 Oct 2013, 6:56 pm

I think so...
    Arran H
    Reserves

Post  Arran H Sat 19 Oct 2013, 7:02 pm

Bring on Cole while their is still time ffs !!!
    Arran H
    Reserves

Post  Arran H Sat 19 Oct 2013, 7:08 pm

Don't understand Sam sometimes ... we are 2-1 down and could brought on Cole but doesn't and we are now 3-1 down !!!
    RichB
    RichB
    Boot Cleaner

Post  RichB Sat 19 Oct 2013, 7:16 pm

I did assume that was why Jarvis came on...
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Sat 19 Oct 2013, 7:22 pm

Bolix
    Hungry Hammer 66
    Hungry Hammer 66
    Boot Cleaner

Post  Hungry Hammer 66 Sat 19 Oct 2013, 7:32 pm

So we've had our day in the sun with plan B against the front wheel skids,  and if we're gonna play that system we have to get after every ball, hary, close and press with much more vigour, tenacity and urgency,
    Thought Noble put in a proper shift

Last edited by Hungry Hammer 66 on Sat 19 Oct 2013, 10:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Sat 19 Oct 2013, 9:40 pm

Hungry Hammer 66 wrote:So we've had our day in the sun with plan B against the front wheel skids,  and if we're gonna play that system we have to get after every ball, hary, close and press with much more vigour, tenacity and urgency,
    Thought Nolan put in a proper shift
    I thought Nolan was a passenger, gave the ball away too much and was largely anonymous. Same with Diame & Vaz Te. Morrison was played too deep to supposedly allow Nolan to..............erm.............answers on a postcard

Noble was our best player - except for losing David Silva on numerous occasions. Tomkins had a shocker. Had no idea how to mark Aguero; so didn't !!

The problem with playing no recognised striker is that unless midfield players are going to get themselves into the box, all the crosses we put in were wasted
    Hungry Hammer 66
    Hungry Hammer 66
    Boot Cleaner

Post  Hungry Hammer 66 Sat 19 Oct 2013, 10:01 pm

Tony P wrote:
    Hungry Hammer 66 wrote:So we've had our day in the sun with plan B against the front wheel skids,  and if we're gonna play that system we have to get after every ball, hary, close and press with much more vigour, tenacity and urgency,
    I thought Nolan was a passenger, gave the ball away too much and was largely anonymous. Same with Diame & Vaz Te. Morrison was played too deep to supposedly allow Nolan to..............erm.............answers on a postcard

Noble was our best player - except for losing David Silva on numerous occasions. Tomkins had a shocker. Had no idea how to mark Aguero; so didn't !!

The problem with playing no recognised striker is that unless midfield players are going to get themselves into the box, all the crosses we put in were wasted
    OMG, Sorry meant to write Thought Noble put in a proper shift, and have changed it on my original quote,
    I concur, Nolan was pony.
    Arran H
    Reserves

Post  Arran H Sun 20 Oct 2013, 7:55 am

Tony P wrote:

I have to agree with you about Mark Noble he was our best player yesterday but I disagree with what your saying about Diame , I thought he did well and he did make a number of attempts to get into the area as did Ravel during the Game another player who I thought did really well and that was Downing , thought he good game today and really cant when Cole or Carroll are on the pitch with Downing as he seems to put crosses in then Jarvis does .

Swansea next .. Should be good game if we carry on using this formation but we will have to close down their players very quickly !
    Charlie Ham
    Charlie Ham
    1st Team Bench

Post  Charlie Ham Sun 20 Oct 2013, 8:52 am

Was not going to say anything here but feel I have to agree with Tony.
    Most of the time we were out classed in midfield. We just could not keep up with them.
    First half was like a training game with attack against defence.
    Best we can do at the moment is fight it out with the bottom teams and hope we don't end up in the bottom 3.
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Sun 20 Oct 2013, 11:03 am

Diame only came into the game when his position was swapped with Nolan's in the second half. He started the game as the focal point up front but it clearly didn't work. He didn't touch the ball for almost 20 mins. Vaz Te loitered on the left and spent more time on the floor rolling around than he did contributing anything positive. I would have swapped them after 10 mins. Downing put in a good shift but, as others have said, his crosses were wasted as there was rarely a West Ham player in the box to capitilise on them. Ravel Morrison was wasted in a deeper role alongside Noble presumably to allow Nolan to play further forward. Time for Nolan to spend some time on the bench IMO. Put Morrison in the role behind a STRIKER Sam and unless Vaz Te starts putting a shift in (yes I know he scored but he contributed little else) then bring Jarvis or Joe Cole in for him

The 4-6-0 system doesn't work against a good side after you have gone 0-2 down. Especially with the lack of goalscorers in our side. Morrison is currently our best goal threat yet he was played so deep it was a waste

PS. Basic mistakes for the goals

1st. Tomkins has Negredo and tells Reid to mark Aguero. He doesn't and gives Aguero a clear run on goal
    2nd. Vaz Te is nearest to Aguero yet Jussi tells him to drop deeper, effectively giving Aguero a free header. Jussi doesn't cover himself in glory with his attempt to save the header either
    3rd. Noble makes no attempt to close Toure down. He is given time to slide the ball to Aguero. Tomkins and Reid leave Aguero to each other. Nolan is closest to Silva yet just watches and points at Silva instead of tracking him. Winston Reid goes mad at him after the goal goes in

Despite the quality of the finishes they all came from basic defensive errors
    Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs Sun 20 Oct 2013, 1:54 pm

I'm calling this game a mismatch, because that's what it was, pure and simple.  It's our first this season and we have five more against the three teams put together with ridiculous amounts of money.

To quote our manager "We had to be at our best, and they had to have an off day, for us to beat them"  A highly inappropriate game plan. You should always be at your best. Relying on the opposition to play badly has to be the epic fail, but with no other option..  They are classed as category A matches with an inflated price tag attached, and have become same old, same old..  How long before fans start to boycott these games having had the same hum drum experience that I had watching yesterday? 

So after being really pissed off with the whole scenario yesterday evening,  for the time being, I'm ignoring mismatched games involving West Ham United......Manc united, Manc city and Cheatski, having bought first, second and third places, can vie for these positions. Like being in a "league of their own" as they are commonly referred to and believe themselves to be.  Fourth place will be the true champions in my eyes.  
    Leave me alone ...West ham United FC V Man City - Page 2 O060.... it makes me happy West ham United FC V Man City - Page 2 1343512671 

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 17 May 2024, 7:15 am