West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

+8
Suzanne Claret
Arran H
Tony P
Jiggs
alfiehammer
Hungry Hammer 66
Charlie Ham
Admin
12 posters

West Brom V West Ham United FC

RichB
    RichB
    Boot Cleaner

West Brom V West Ham United FC - Page 3 Empty Re: West Brom V West Ham United FC

Post  RichB Sat 26 Apr 2014, 6:23 pm

Jiggs wrote:
    Jiggs wrote:Well Fulham won't score 31 goals in their last two games, so we are safe ...... you can fupp off now Allerdyce,
    Sorry, we're not safe, I forgot Sunderland have a game in hand.  West Brom V West Ham United FC - Page 3 3953004961
    Sunderland have 2 games in hand so could still get 37 points but have a 10 goal worse difference. Cardiff have 3 games in hand so could get 39 points but one of those is against Sunderland. I think it's fair to say we won't go down on 37 points but it's not good and it's not pretty.
    Charlie Ham
    Charlie Ham
    1st Team Bench

West Brom V West Ham United FC - Page 3 Empty Re: West Brom V West Ham United FC

Post  Charlie Ham Sat 26 Apr 2014, 6:36 pm

2-0
    Rooney.
    Not looking good for Norwich now.
    Charlie Ham
    Charlie Ham
    1st Team Bench

Post  Charlie Ham Sat 26 Apr 2014, 6:51 pm

3-0
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Sat 26 Apr 2014, 7:03 pm

RichB wrote:I posted this on another forum but I've been talking with my wife a lot about the BFS debate. She’s of the opinion that he’s got us promoted and in the premier so can't understand the discontent. On the other hand I point out that the fan’s unrest is because we aren’t scoring goals and there’s no plan B. It often said we were doing better without Andy Carroll and I’m sure this was because it forced BFS’s hand into using other players. Personally I’d like to see Vaz Te, Carlton Cole used as a big bloke, little bloke combination. I’d also like to see Ravel Morrison and Joe Cole used more as skill players through the middle of the park.   I could easily see a team with all four of those playing and dropping Nolan, Carroll, Downing and Diame. It’s an interesting debate – it’ll never happen of course under Fat Sam but what are your thoughts?

I think that's almost a very well reasoned perspective.

The only bit i'd disagree with is the use of Carlton Cole.

TBH I've been pondering this a lot lately and my feelings are kinda along the lines of...

Diame and Reid, possibly Collins and maybe Demel... but other than that, I honestly wouldn't lose any sleep over us getting rid of anyone else connected with the team.

The trouble is, I know we just don't have the money to replace 7 or 8 first team players... so whatever happens to us (and by staring horrified at the table, it looked like we might avoid relegation by goal difference only) we're going to be stuck with the majority of these players for at least the next season regardless of whoever is in charge - and that means more of this bullshit.
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Sat 26 Apr 2014, 7:05 pm

Jiggs wrote:Well Fulham won't score 31 goals in their last two games, so we are safe ...... you can fupp off now Allerdyce,

but Fulham only need to score four or five... we could easily ship 15-20 against Citeh the way we're playing
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Sat 26 Apr 2014, 7:08 pm

RichB wrote:
    Jiggs wrote:
    Sorry, we're not safe, I forgot Sunderland have a game in hand.  West Brom V West Ham United FC - Page 3 3953004961
    Sunderland have 2 games in hand so could still get 37 points but have a 10 goal worse difference. Cardiff have 3 games in hand so could get 39 points but one of those is against Sunderland. I think it's fair to say we won't go down on 37 points but it's not good and it's not pretty.

I been staring at the table all morning and it seriously looks like it's just the fact that (joking with jigs aside) Fulham have a 30 goal worse goal difference than us that will keep us up.

I so wanted ManUre to lose today... but seriously... at least Norwich has the same games played as us - all but two teams below us have games in hand.

But I still think the goal difference will be all that saves us.
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Sat 26 Apr 2014, 7:15 pm

Charlie Ham wrote:3-0

4-0 now. Mata's second goal
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Sat 26 Apr 2014, 7:18 pm

It was a terrible start to the day... overslept by ten minutes so was 14 minutes behind or so once I struggled in front of the telly and turned on the recording...

Disaster... the feed for some reason didn't kick in until just as they were showing the replays of WBA scoring...

Great... I got up at 7(isn)am... and we're already losing... but I was up so I kept watching.

And it was awful...

The wingers had the beating of the WBA defense but apparently Carroll has no friends cos there was no bugger within 30 yards of him every time the ball got crossed into the box.

So we kept half heartedly trying the same thing... I mean... why not? It looked like it could get a result if we helped Carroll out a bit and let's face it... apart from Diame playing on his own, our midfield looked absolutely atrocious.

And then as we've seen in the last four or five games, whatever is being said and/or done at half time... we're a pale imitation of our first half selves in the second 45 minutes - which is pretty shiftily awful considering we're not any good in the first half.

So then we take one winger off and bring on Joe Cole... but we don't change tactics... just try more of the same with an even slower midfield and only one winger who we don't use.
    Then we roll the dice and bring on Carlton Cole and take off the other winger... so as everyone has pointed out before me - yes, it was that blindingly obvious.....

We end the game playing two up front, no service from the wings because we have no one playing wide, and a midfield that doesn't seem to even be aware of which direction we're playing.

It really was that pitiful and its only going to be the fact that other teams are playing badly that we might just squeak out of the relegation zone...

Trouble is... we need such a huge overhaul of the team that I just don't see how that's going to be possible.

we need between 7 and 10 new first team players and I don't think even Man Citeh have the finances to be able to pull that off.

So we could be looking at more of the same for some time to come regardless of whoever is in charge.
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Sat 26 Apr 2014, 7:21 pm

westhamonkey wrote:
    RichB wrote:
    Jiggs wrote:

I been staring at the table all morning and it seriously looks like it's just the fact that (joking with jigs aside) Fulham have a 30 goal worse goal difference than us that will keep us up.

I so wanted ManUre to lose today... but seriously... at least Norwich has the same games played as us - all but two teams below us have games in hand.

But I still think the goal difference will be all that saves us.

If Cardiff don't win at Sunderland tomorrow they cannot catch us - unless like Fulham they score about 20 odd goals. So realistically that will leave only Sunderland (who go to Old Trafford after the Cardiff game), Norwich (who will have to win at Chelsea AND at home to Arsenal) who can catch us. A draw between Sunderland and Cardiff tomorrow would be a good result for us too

I know...............let's just beat Spurs and get safe that way !!! Radical I know !
    Charlie Ham
    Charlie Ham
    1st Team Bench

Post  Charlie Ham Sat 26 Apr 2014, 7:22 pm

Norwich lose 4-0
    Away to Chelsea next week.
    RichB
    RichB
    Boot Cleaner

Post  RichB Sat 26 Apr 2014, 8:09 pm

Tony P wrote:I know...............let's just beat Spurs and get safe that way !!! Radical I know !
     rofl 
    alfiehammer
    alfiehammer
    Reserves

Post  alfiehammer Sun 27 Apr 2014, 8:03 am

to summarise this thread, we were shit yesterday as we have been most of the season. We are all a bit baffled how there is 3 teams worse then us. we will stay up via goal difference. a bad season has defended into farcical shit. Even getting rid of Sam won't change much as we have to much dross to overhaul in one year.

Happy sunday everyone SmileSmileSmile
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Sun 27 Apr 2014, 9:47 am

alfiehammer wrote:to summarise this thread, we were shit yesterday as we have been most of the season. We are all a bit baffled how there is 3 teams worse then us. we will stay up via goal difference. a bad season has defended into farcical shit. Even getting rid of Sam won't change much as we have to much dross to overhaul in one year.

Pretty accurate Alfie. However, it is Sam's job to get the best out of the players. HE chose them (the vast majority of the squad are players HE recruited). HE sets them up for each game. HE picks the team. HE decides the tactics. HE decides any tactical substitutions

In summary, yes we have lot of dross in our squad but Sam is NOT getting the best out of the players
    alfiehammer
    alfiehammer
    Reserves

Post  alfiehammer Sun 27 Apr 2014, 10:16 am

Tony P wrote:
    alfiehammer wrote:to summarise this thread, we were shit yesterday as we have been most of the season. We are all a bit baffled how there is 3 teams worse then us. we will stay up via goal difference. a bad season has defended into farcical shit. Even getting rid of Sam won't change much as we have to much dross to overhaul in one year.

Pretty accurate Alfie. However, it is Sam's job to get the best out of the players. HE chose them (the vast majority of the squad are players HE recruited). HE sets them up for each game. HE picks the team. HE decides the tactics. HE decides any tactical substitutions

In summary, yes we have lot of dross in our squad but Sam is NOT getting the best out of the players

maybe it could be argued by keeping us 17th or above that is achieving the best possible from our players

as was quoted though, £37 million for our forward line up isn't too shabby an amount of 'backing' for Sam, especially given the Daves understandable and correct need to control our debts. Maybe just a couple of years in the perm league will see the debt situation job seen through and a bit more transfer funds and ambition. maybe.

Hungry Hammer 66
    Hungry Hammer 66
    Boot Cleaner

Post  Hungry Hammer 66 Sun 27 Apr 2014, 12:01 pm

I took my new girlfriend to watch her first West Ham game with The Dublin Hammers yesterday, she knows how important our West Ham is to me, she even painted her nails claret and blue !!
     "why do you do this to your self" "  "it looks like they have given up" " are they always this shit" are a few  of her opinions while watching her first game with me and after the match even the legendary craic, wit and banter from the Dublin Hammers was missing as we all finished our beers and moped off.

I won't talk about the match, we all saw what happened and you all know how I feel about Allardyce and what his management has done and is doing to our club, I looked through my old posts earlier today and there is nothing more I can say that hasn't been said. 
    As a West Ham fan I don't have any expectations of success but like all fans we can still fantasise, hope and dream but it feels like even this is now being denied us.

WHTID
    Irons In The Soul

Ps For the spuds game next week there are 25 members of The Dublin Hammers coming over for one of their bi-annual pilgrimage's to Upton Park and if any one from here is going to the game please look out for their flags and go and say hi.
    Jason x
    alfiehammer
    alfiehammer
    Reserves

Post  alfiehammer Sun 27 Apr 2014, 12:34 pm

Hungry Hammer 66 wrote:I took my new girlfriend to watch her first West Ham game with The Dublin Hammers yesterday, she knows how important our West Ham is to me, she even painted her nails claret and blue !!
     "why do you do this to your self" "  "it looks like they have given up" " are they always this shit" are a few  of her opinions while watching her first game with me and after the match even the legendary craic, wit and banter from the Dublin Hammers was missing as we all finished our beers and moped off.

I won't talk about the match, we all saw what happened and you all know how I feel about Allardyce and what his management has done and is doing to our club, I looked through my old posts earlier today and there is nothing more I can say that hasn't been said. 
    As a West Ham fan I don't have any expectations of success but like all fans we can still fantasise, hope and dream but it feels like even this is now being denied us.

WHTID
    Irons In The Soul

Ps For the spuds game next week there are 25 members of The Dublin Hammers coming over for one of their bi-annual pilgrimage's to Upton Park and if any one from here is going to the game please look out for their flags and go and say hi.
    Jason x

marry her dude, you ll never find another one wiling to suffer so much to impress her bf.
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Sun 27 Apr 2014, 6:03 pm

alfiehammer wrote:
    Tony P wrote:

maybe it could be argued by keeping us 17th or above that is achieving the best possible from our players

as was quoted though, £37 million for our forward line up isn't too shabby an amount of 'backing' for Sam, especially given the Daves understandable and correct need to control our debts. Maybe just a couple of years in the perm league will see the debt situation job seen through and a bit more transfer funds and ambition. maybe.

what, what... WHAT!!!!!

I thought Carroll only cost £15m.... we don't have any other 'forwards' as you call them.
    alfiehammer
    alfiehammer
    Reserves

Post  alfiehammer Sun 27 Apr 2014, 6:37 pm

i'd imagine jarvis and downing and maybe nolan were added to carroll to get that figure. thats how i took it when i read it, i think, on the match day thread...
    Dan C
    Dan C
    Boot Cleaner

Post  Dan C Sun 27 Apr 2014, 7:41 pm

Yesterday saw mad, drunken, loutish behaviour in the concourses ahead of the game, with young supporters throwing half-full bottles of beer everywhere and anywhere, including against the overhead lights, jumping around like madmen scaring women and young children and creating a clearing in the middle of the concourse which was used as a 'moshpit'. During the game a series of fights and scuffles broke out between West Ham supporters. It was an ugly atmosphere and one of my darkest days following the club, when the result and performance are taken into account.

I have always been one of Allardyce's advocates, since he joined us in 2011. He was exactly what we needed - our players had lacked organisation and spirit for too long. He gave us that, along with a trip to Wembley and wins over Millwall, Chelsea and Tottenham (twice). I said in January that he'd keep us up and we should stick rather than twist and review at the end of the season. We should stay up so I'm pleased that faith seems set to pay off. Keeping him in January was the best thing to do and then review at the end of the season.

But I have to say now that he should be replaced after May 11th. The football, which was not hoofball alone for two and a half years as has been suggested in some quarters, has become that and only that since Carroll's return. No flexibility, no match-altering tactics, just more of the same but worse. Yesterday, in the away end at The Hawthorns, my patience ran out.

Yesterday was the straw that broke the camel's back for me. Long, diagonal, high, hanging balls from deep and hoping for the knockdowns. And no flexibility when it doesn't work, which is the majority of the time as it's easy to defend against. When he did change it, he added Carlton Cole, going for more of the same but, in doing so, he took off two wingers in Jarvis and Downing, cutting off the supply line these two strikers should be feeding from. Vaz Te would have provided direct running and pace but there was no imagination or tactical variation coming from the bench. If this is how Allardyce intended on playing had Carroll been fit all season, we'd be long relegated by now!

There is potential to do more with these players. Carroll should be being used as a goalscorer in the penalty area from crosses, not someone to use as a focal point 20 yards from goal from which to win second balls. Look at Yaya Toure's goal today - a couple of give-and-gos, one touch football, chance created. We lack pace, movement and invention. One player who can provide that has been shipped out on loan in Ravel Morrison.

I'm eternally grateful for what Sam has done for us but have been incredibly worried by what has been produced with a fully-fit and available squad in the final third of this season. A new direction is needed.

Slaven Bilic would be my choice to bring in. His Besiktas side are currently second in the Turkish league, one place ahead of Roberto Mancini's Galatasaray. With Fenerbahce top but currently banned from European competition, Besiktas would automatically qualify for the Champions League group stage were they to remain in second. Would Bilic leave that? He might but, then, he might not!
    Hungry Hammer 66
    Hungry Hammer 66
    Boot Cleaner

Post  Hungry Hammer 66 Sun 27 Apr 2014, 8:54 pm

Hallelujah Dan, at last we agree on two things, replace Allardyce and with Bilic !!
    What you witnessed yesterday in the stands I feel is the outcome and discontent of Allardyce's management of our club which sees our West Ham as anything but UNITED !!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 19 May 2024, 4:43 pm