West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

+13
JulianDicksLeftKnee
Charlie Ham
Jiggs
manurewa hammer
Arran H
Hungry Hammer 66
Blakey
Kray JR
alfiehammer
SemiOldIron
westhamonkey
Campo
Admin
17 posters

Fat Sam rumors

Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Fat Sam rumors Empty Fat Sam rumors

Post  Admin Thu 08 May 2014, 7:47 pm

He,s getting the tin tak after the last game
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Fat Sam rumors Empty Re: Fat Sam rumors

Post  Campo Thu 08 May 2014, 8:09 pm

seen this on a few sites
    not convinced though

I think the Daves will give him one more transfer window and at least until christmas
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Thu 08 May 2014, 11:23 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Sam Allardyce's final act as West Ham manager will be to try to wrestle the title away from Manchester City's grasp this weekend.
    Sportsmail understands the decision has been made privately to sack Allardyce following Sunday's visit to the Etihad Stadium.
    The 59-year-old has successfully steered the club to top-flight security after a difficult start to the season.

Read more: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

West Ham co-owner David Sullivan has apologised to fans for the team's poor performance this season despite reaching the Capital One Cup semi-finals and currently being 12th place in the Premier League.
    At the club's awards night on Tuesday he said: 'I want to apologise to the supporters for this season.

westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Thu 08 May 2014, 11:25 pm

was having quite an animated convo with a Newcastle supporter yesterday

no matter how bad our season has been... the Geordie's are even more unhappy with their incumbent than most of our lot are...
    SemiOldIron
    SemiOldIron
    Academy

Post  SemiOldIron Fri 09 May 2014, 11:56 am

Can't bring myself to believe this one, even though it would make for an interesting summer. I think we've got him for another season, like it or lump it.
    alfiehammer
    alfiehammer
    Reserves

Post  alfiehammer Fri 09 May 2014, 4:18 pm

westhamonkey wrote:

no matter how bad our season has been... the Geordie's are even more unhappy with their incumbent than most of our lot are...

you'll have to elaborate this one my friend....from outside looking in newcastle are a perm team with a huge stadium, well supported but completely lacking the finances to finish in the top 4....which has become the top 6 with man u turning cack and liverpool coming from relatively no where to become a major force. Newcastle can't compete with Citeh, Man U, liverpool, arsenal chelsea and spuds finances and everton are just a club that somehow exceed what they should be able to achieve season after season.

the geordies had to sell there best player without replacement and their second best player has been a loanee. yet they finished top half (8th?) i can't honestly see what else they can expect from their team/ manager and what they have to complain about?
    Kray JR
    Kray JR
    Reserves

Post  Kray JR Fri 09 May 2014, 9:17 pm

Im thinking there may be something in this rumour, Sam didn't sound very upbeat when asked about it in his press conference.
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Sat 10 May 2014, 2:08 am

alfiehammer wrote:
    westhamonkey wrote:

you'll have to elaborate this one my friend....from outside looking in newcastle are a perm team with a huge stadium, well supported but completely lacking the finances to finish in the top 4....which has become the top 6 with man u turning cack and liverpool coming from relatively no where to become a major force. Newcastle can't compete with Citeh, Man U, liverpool, arsenal chelsea and spuds finances and everton are just a club that somehow exceed what they should be able to achieve season after season.

the geordies had to sell there best player without replacement and their second best player has been a loanee. yet they finished top half (8th?) i can't honestly see what else they can expect from their team/ manager and what they have to complain about?

well as hard as it was to avoid laughing too much when talking about the Geordies... it seems that they are as delusional as ever, believing they're a big team... with the best fans in the world...

thing is... apparently they hate Pardew with a vengeance... they feel he has destroyed their club... wrecked their team and is the cause of them playing the most boring unattractive football they're ever had the misfortune to suffer through...

sound familiar?

they hate him so much they booed and screamed at him every time he stuck his head out of the dug out at their last game.. causing him to cower inside for the whole game...

then they had their 'big' staged protest walk out... which was not only farcically attended... but also took place when they were 3-0 up and so at best looked like a right bunch of prats.

But the bottom line is - they HATE their manager and will do anything to get rid of him and feel the "glory days" (i told you it was difficult not to laugh) will only return once he has gone.
    Blakey
    Blakey
    Reserves

Post  Blakey Sat 10 May 2014, 5:48 am

From The Times

West Ham lie in wait as Gustavo Poyet considers his Sunderland future
    Fat Sam rumors 153517704_poyet_696272c

Gustavo Poyet has until the end of this month to exercise a break clause in his contract with Sunderland and while the Uruguayan will next week sit down for what is certain to be a pivotal round of discussions with Ellis Short, the club’s owner, he has now been installed as the bookmakers’ favourite to succeed Sam Allardyce at West Ham United.
    alfiehammer
    alfiehammer
    Reserves

Post  alfiehammer Sat 10 May 2014, 7:49 am

westhamonkey wrote:
    alfiehammer wrote:
    westhamonkey wrote:

well as hard as it was to avoid laughing too much when talking about the Geordies... it seems that they are as delusional as ever, believing they're a big team... with the best fans in the world...

thing is... apparently they hate Pardew with a vengeance... they feel he has destroyed their club... wrecked their team and is the cause of them playing the most boring unattractive football they're ever had the misfortune to suffer through...

sound familiar?

they hate him so much they booed and screamed at him every time he stuck his head out of the dug out at their last game.. causing him to cower inside for the whole game...

then they had their 'big' staged protest walk out... which was not only farcically attended... but also took place when they were 3-0 up and so at best looked like a right bunch of prats.

But the bottom line is - they HATE their manager and will do anything to get rid of him and feel the "glory days" (i told you it was difficult not to laugh) will only return once he has gone.

delusional and ungrateful as ever then. I thought the team pares put together with cisse, Ba, Ben Arfa (who i think is a wicked little player, and certainly terrorised our defence when i saw at st james) and the french guy they sold to PSG was pretty decent. Not pards fault his employers choose to sell them and not reinvest much of it.

seems a bit harsh on pards and makes them a lot look, as u say, very delusional and arrogant. IMHO
    alfiehammer
    alfiehammer
    Reserves

Post  alfiehammer Sat 10 May 2014, 7:51 am

Blakey wrote:From The Times

Gustavo Poyet has until the end of this month to exercise a break clause in his contract with Sunderland and while the Uruguayan will next week sit down for what is certain to be a pivotal round of discussions with Ellis Short, the club’s owner, he has now been installed as the bookmakers’ favourite to succeed Sam Allardyce at West Ham United.

probably not a bad shout. I was more excited about that slaven billic rumours. now THAT would be progress
    Hungry Hammer 66
    Hungry Hammer 66
    Boot Cleaner

Post  Hungry Hammer 66 Sat 10 May 2014, 9:57 am

alfiehammer wrote:
    Blakey wrote:From The Times

probably not a bad shout. I was more excited about that slaven billic rumours. now THAT would be progress

He's obviously worked wonders at Sunderland but does any one know what happened and why he left Brighton
    alfiehammer
    alfiehammer
    Reserves

Post  alfiehammer Sat 10 May 2014, 11:07 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

that was, for the daily mail, an interesting article. SA does seem to have friends in the media as has been suggested. but the point running through the article is we as fans are a bit delusional and need a bit of a reality check. less whinging, more gratitude?
    On his office door at West Ham’s rather modest training ground, Sam Allardyce’s coaching staff have placed a small photocopied sign. It reads: Ufficio del Direttore.
    It’s Italian for ‘Manager’s Office’ and is a play on Allardyce’s quip that foreign coaches get a little more respect in the Barclays Premier League than those born in the UK.
    What is more important now, though, is that the sign was only stuck on with Blu-Tack. As the summer approaches, Allardyce and West Ham are about to part company.

Nobody who has followed West Ham’s season will be surprised. The East London club and their boss from the Black Country have looked like an uncomfortable fit for some time.
    West Ham will end the season as a Premier League club, having beaten Tottenham home and away in the league and also in the Capital One Cup. They should move to the Olympic Stadium as an established top-flight club, having been in the Championship when Allardyce took over three years ago.
    It could be argued that every season has been a success — one promotion and two steady years in the top flight. That has proved insufficient at West Ham, a club where supporters have taken to booing when their team win.
    At Upton Park, they don’t like Allardyce’s football. He arrived in the summer of 2011 vowing to play the game in the club’s traditions, and for large periods has not been able to do it sufficiently.
    His football is built on clean sheets. When West Ham won four out of five in the league to land Allardyce February’s Manager of the Month award, his team conceded just one goal.
    At West Ham, that will get you grudging respect and buy you time. It won’t make you admired, and certainly won’t get you any thanks. After all, who wants 1-0 when 4-3 is an option?

Office problems: Sam Allardyce's office is a Portakabin... yet Hammers fans expect big continental managers
    It’s strange thinking but it’s the way it is. West Ham are a modest club who think they’re a big club.

The manager’s office at Chadwell Heath is a Portakabin with temporary heating. The club’s fans think they should be able to open the door and find Pep Guardiola sitting there.
    One day, if they remain in the Premier League through the teething years of the new stadium, West Ham’s punters may get their wish. The club have a loyal, enthusiastic and knowledgeable support that can help West Ham grow if they can build a team capable of winning things and gaining European football.
    If and when that happens, they should remember the part Allardyce played. Some fans believe his decision to field weak teams in cup games against Manchester City and Nottingham Forest was unforgivable. They felt the sacrifice of cup chances at the altar of the Premier League took pragmatism a step too far and it felt like a tipping point in the relationship.
    The fact Allardyce’s team conceded 14 goals in those three cup games embarrassed him.
    Nevertheless, West Ham, more than most, are a club who simply cannot get relegated, not now, not with a stadium move on the horizon. A return to the Championship would have been more catastrophic than a romantic Wembley final.
    Blame the kids? Jamie Paterson and Nottingham Forest ran riot as the youngsters lost 5-0 in the FA Cup

Allardyce’s squad was holed with injuries in January, and in sacrificing those cup games, he gave his senior players the chance to begin February’s league run that has kept the club in the top division. Some may call it good management. Others suggest it’s too cautious.
    Last season, his team finished on 46 points; they have 40 ahead of Sunday’s visit to City. That’s a stick he can be beaten with and there have been days at Upton Park this season when entertainment has been thin.
    Injuries left Allardyce without two key attacking weapons — Stewart Downing and Andy Carroll — and an inability to tame Ravel Morrison saw him join QPR on loan. Aimless football towards Carroll didn’t lend West Ham a progressive air, and recently Allardyce has looked like a man who knew he was never going to satisfy those who pay their money every week.

His departure will sadden him but not surprise him. He loved the job, had bought into it by relocating to East London, and when I saw him a few days after a win at Spurs in October, he seemed as invigorated as ever.
    Experience tells you when things aren’t right, though, and Allardyce perhaps always knew his shelf life at a club who still like to close their eyes and pretend it is 1966 was going to be relatively short.
    Still 59, he would appear to have at least one more prominent job in him. West Ham feel they will be better served without him in the Ufficio del Direttore. Time will tell.

SemiOldIron
    SemiOldIron
    Academy

Post  SemiOldIron Sat 10 May 2014, 11:27 am

"Still 59, he would appear to have at least one more prominent job in him."

An important sentence IMO. Looks to me like BFS is flying a kite in the media to see if there is any interest elsewhere that might pay better than seeing out his contract with us.
    Hungry Hammer 66
    Hungry Hammer 66
    Boot Cleaner

Post  Hungry Hammer 66 Sat 10 May 2014, 2:34 pm

‘I have more ambition than West Ham ever have. I have more ambition than them, or the same ambition as them. I want to get into Europe. I want to get into the new stadium. I want to win a cup. If I don’t have ambition I don’t do this job. If I don’t have drive, or motivation, I don’t do this job. I am ambitious. I have seen it all before and you use your experience to try to achieve that ambition. Can West Ham match my ambition? Eventually, yes. It is whether everyone is patient enough to wait to get there. That is the problem today: a lack of patience across the board.’
    Is there no end to the conceit and arrogance of the Dopey Dudley Dunce !!!
    Kray JR
    Kray JR
    Reserves

Post  Kray JR Sat 10 May 2014, 4:34 pm

alfiehammer wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

that was, for the daily mail, an interesting article. SA does seem to have friends in the media as has been suggested. but the point running through the article is we as fans are a bit delusional and need a bit of a reality check. less whinging, more gratitude?
    On his office door at West Ham’s rather modest training ground, Sam Allardyce’s coaching staff have placed a small photocopied sign. It reads: Ufficio del Direttore.
    It’s Italian for ‘Manager’s Office’ and is a play on Allardyce’s quip that foreign coaches get a little more respect in the Barclays Premier League than those born in the UK.
    What is more important now, though, is that the sign was only stuck on with Blu-Tack. As the summer approaches, Allardyce and West Ham are about to part company.

Nobody who has followed West Ham’s season will be surprised. The East London club and their boss from the Black Country have looked like an uncomfortable fit for some time.
    West Ham will end the season as a Premier League club, having beaten Tottenham home and away in the league and also in the Capital One Cup. They should move to the Olympic Stadium as an established top-flight club, having been in the Championship when Allardyce took over three years ago.
    It could be argued that every season has been a success — one promotion and two steady years in the top flight. That has proved insufficient at West Ham, a club where supporters have taken to booing when their team win.
    At Upton Park, they don’t like Allardyce’s football. He arrived in the summer of  2011 vowing  to play the game in the club’s traditions, and for large periods has not been able to do it sufficiently.
    His football is built on clean sheets. When West Ham won four out of five in the league to land Allardyce February’s Manager of the Month award, his team conceded just one goal.
    At West Ham, that will get you grudging respect and buy you time. It won’t make you admired, and certainly won’t get you any thanks. After all, who wants 1-0 when 4-3 is an option?

Office problems: Sam Allardyce's office is a Portakabin... yet Hammers fans expect big continental managers
    It’s strange thinking but it’s the way it is. West Ham are a modest club who think they’re a big club.

The manager’s office at Chadwell Heath is a Portakabin with temporary heating. The club’s fans think they should be able to open the door and find Pep Guardiola sitting there.
    One day, if they remain in the Premier League through the teething years of the new stadium, West Ham’s punters may get their wish. The club have a loyal, enthusiastic and knowledgeable support that can help West Ham grow if they can build a team capable of winning things and gaining European football.
    If and when that happens, they should remember the part Allardyce played. Some fans believe his decision to field weak teams in cup games against Manchester City and Nottingham Forest was unforgivable. They felt the sacrifice of cup chances at the altar of the Premier League took pragmatism a step too far and it felt like a tipping point in the relationship.
    The fact Allardyce’s team  conceded 14 goals in those three cup games embarrassed him.
    Nevertheless, West Ham, more than most, are a club who simply cannot get relegated, not now, not with a stadium move on the horizon. A return to the Championship would have been more catastrophic than a romantic Wembley final.
    Blame the kids? Jamie Paterson and Nottingham Forest ran riot as the youngsters lost 5-0 in the FA Cup

Allardyce’s squad was holed with injuries in January, and in sacrificing those cup games, he gave his senior players the chance to begin February’s league run that has kept the club in the top division. Some may call it good management. Others suggest it’s too cautious.
    Last season, his team finished on 46 points; they have 40 ahead of Sunday’s visit to City. That’s a stick he can be beaten with and there have been days at Upton Park this season when entertainment has been thin.
    Injuries left Allardyce without two key attacking weapons — Stewart Downing and Andy Carroll — and an inability to tame Ravel Morrison saw him join QPR on loan. Aimless football towards Carroll didn’t lend West Ham a progressive air, and recently Allardyce has looked like a man who knew he was never going to satisfy those who pay their money every week.

His departure will sadden him but not surprise him. He loved the job, had bought into it by relocating to East London, and when I saw him a few days after a win at Spurs in October, he seemed as invigorated as ever.
    Experience tells you when things aren’t right, though, and Allardyce perhaps always knew his shelf life at a club who still like to close their eyes and pretend it is 1966 was going to be relatively short.
    Still 59, he would appear to have at least one more prominent job in him. West Ham feel they will be better served without him in the Ufficio del Direttore. Time will tell.

I read the article as well dude a few bits of it got me wound up....

anybody here know of any hammers fans who expect a Guardiola type manager ?

we have taken to booing our team off after a win......I think that happened once didn't it ? after stumbling to a win over 10 men.

"Some fans believe his decision to field weak teams in cup games against Manchester City and Nottingham Forest was unforgivable." it wasn't so much the fact they were weak teams it was the fact that he threw near enough a whole team of inexperienced youngsters to the slaughter which then had people saying the days of us bringing through good youngsters was gone.
    Which is bollix, back when players were coming out of the youth team regularly when did our manager ever throw all of them into the same match
    Arran H
    Reserves

Post  Arran H Sat 10 May 2014, 8:27 pm

So it look`s like we will all get what we want in the end and that's to see the fat twat Sacked !!
    manurewa hammer
    manurewa hammer
    Reserves

Post  manurewa hammer Sat 10 May 2014, 11:03 pm

Better the devil you know rather than the one you've yet to meet? Fat Sam rumors 1803945174 
    Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs Sun 11 May 2014, 2:00 pm

Kray JR wrote:
    I read the article as well dude a few bits of it got me wound up....

anybody here know of any hammers fans who expect a Guardiola type manager ?

we have taken to booing our team off after a win......I think that happened once didn't it ? after stumbling to a win over 10 men.

"Some fans believe his decision to field weak teams in cup games against Manchester City and Nottingham Forest was unforgivable." it wasn't so much the fact they were weak teams it was the fact that he threw near enough a whole team of inexperienced youngsters to the slaughter which then had people saying the days of us bringing through good youngsters was gone.
    Which is bollix, back when players were coming out of the youth team regularly when did our manager ever throw all of them into the same match

Agree Daz ... It's not all tactical, he has a lot more to answer for.
    Charlie Ham
    Charlie Ham
    1st Team Bench

Post  Charlie Ham Sun 11 May 2014, 4:25 pm

Can't see him going.
    Dave's are to tight.
    JulianDicksLeftKnee
    JulianDicksLeftKnee
    Reserves

Post  JulianDicksLeftKnee Sun 11 May 2014, 5:47 pm

Not a case of Dave's too tight, they'll do it if they think it's right for the club and the business.

Fact is Sam has delivered another season of Prem football. That's an achievement; people will argue that last season we got tenth and this season dropped to 13th but second season syndrome is clearly documented in history. We are stable for now once again.

Will they gamble - and it will be a huge gamble - on bringing a new man in; with a new ethois but with no money to spend as such and a shit squad??

As I have said elsewhere, I never expect and only hope for 17th but I don't go and watch so I take the attending fans opinion with a lot of respect. Mostly it is not deluded nonsense and that is great.

For me, 40 years of supporting West Ham shows this is our level, midtable/relegation scrap with the occasional relegation. But, as I say, I don't go so don't feel my opinion is more valid than those who do.
    manurewa hammer
    manurewa hammer
    Reserves

Post  manurewa hammer Mon 12 May 2014, 11:07 am

Stu,our opinions are all valid. even if we don't go to games and/or live far away.
    Mine is this- Sam has delivered PL safety (twice) now and I think should be given another go, with some money to spend.
    Cheers
    Stew
    Suzanne Claret
    Suzanne Claret
    1st Team Bench

Post  Suzanne Claret Mon 12 May 2014, 11:15 am

I also think SA should be given a bit more time, some money in the transfer window and a clear directive from the board as to what is required.

He got us up and has kept us up for 2 consecutive seasons, which is what he remit was.

However, one of the things I would like to see and imho must be part of the boards directive is the inclusion of youth players in the senior squad set up. SA complained that he could not put youth players on the bench in the championship as he was only allowed 5. Well since promotion how often has he put youth on the bench? Even when we were racked with injury across the back Chambers and Potts were no were near the starting line up. This must change!

I worry though at the Double D's lack of football knowledge outside of the UK and if we don't get Poyet or Bilic - will we end up with McCleish or Bruce.

Sometimes the grass is not always greener.
    JulianDicksLeftKnee
    JulianDicksLeftKnee
    Reserves

Post  JulianDicksLeftKnee Mon 12 May 2014, 11:45 am

But are any of our youngsters good enough for the Premiership?

Suzanne Claret
    Suzanne Claret
    1st Team Bench

Post  Suzanne Claret Mon 12 May 2014, 12:03 pm

I think so yes... Leo Chambers & Dan Potts should at least be on the bench with a view to getting on in the last 20 odd minutes.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 10 May 2024, 10:45 pm