West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

+14
Arran H
Kray JR
Jiggs
Charlie Ham
JulianDicksLeftKnee
Blakey
alfiehammer
Dan C
SemiOldIron
Tony P
Admin
Johnny K
Hungry Hammer 66
Campo
18 posters

summer rumors and other nonsense

Campo
    Campo
    1st team

summer rumors and other nonsense Empty summer rumors and other nonsense

Post  Campo Wed 21 May 2014, 6:13 am

Mauro Zárate
    M'baye Niang
    Thimothee Kolodzieczac
    Bardsley from blunderland
    Hungry Hammer 66
    Hungry Hammer 66
    Boot Cleaner

summer rumors and other nonsense Empty Re: summer rumors and other nonsense

Post  Hungry Hammer 66 Wed 21 May 2014, 1:26 pm

Campo wrote:Mauro Zárate
    M'baye Niang
    Thimothee Kolodzieczac
    Bardsley from blunderland
    West Ham are close to signing former Inter Milan forward Mauro Zarate, his brother has claimed.
    Rolando Zarate, who also works as Mauro's agent, has been given permission to find the striker a new club after he fell out with the heirarchy at current club Velez Sarsfield and suggested that the deal with [url=http://www.mirror.co.uk/all-about/west ham united fc]the Hammers[/url] was "nearly done."
    The 27-year-old was top scorer in Argentina last season but lived up to his bad boy reputation by once again falling out with his teammates and management.
    Zarate has Premier League experience from a loan spell with [url=http://www.mirror.co.uk/all-about/birmingham city]Birmingham,[/url] and has also played for both Lazio and Inter Milan.
    While with the Milan club, the forward had a clause inserted into his contract that paid him bonuses for assists in a bid to curb his notoriously selfish play.

312 games... 92 goals
    Don't we just love a bad boy !!!!
    Johnny K
    Johnny K
    Academy

Post  Johnny K Thu 22 May 2014, 10:27 am

You made those first 3 names up yourself!
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Thu 22 May 2014, 5:56 pm

muttley
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Thu 22 May 2014, 10:07 pm

I make Zarate's goalscoring record 1 goal every 2.73 games which is not too shabby. 92 goals in 251 appearances

[th][/th][th][/th][th][/th][th][/th][th][/th][th][/th][th][/th][th][/th][th][/th][th][/th][th][/th][th][/th][th][/th][th][/th][th][/th][th][/th][th][/th][th][/th][th][/th][th][/th][th][/th][th][/th][th][/th][th][/th][th][/th][th][/th][th][/th][th][/th][th][/th][th][/th][th][/th][th][/th][th][/th][th][/th][th][/th][th][/th][th][/th][th][/th][th][/th][th][/th][th][/th][th][/th][th][/th][th][/th][th][/th][th][/th][th][/th][th][/th][th][/th][th][/th][th][/th][th][/th][th][/th][th][/th][th][/th][th][/th][th][/th][th][/th][th][/th][th][/th][th][/th][th][/th][th][/th][th][/th][th][/th][th][/th][th][/th][th][/th][th][/th][th][/th]
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Sat 24 May 2014, 10:26 am

ExWHUemployee ‏@ExWHUemployee 5m
    So Zarate is flying in this weekend to complete his deal on Monday and Niang deal is agreed with club. All brought to you on Wednesday ;-)
    SemiOldIron
    SemiOldIron
    Academy

Post  SemiOldIron Sat 24 May 2014, 5:20 pm

Campo wrote:ExWHUemployee ‏@ExWHUemployee  5m
    So Zarate is flying in this weekend to complete his deal on Monday and Niang deal is agreed with club. All brought to you on Wednesday ;-)

Niang looks promising. But then, so did Maiga......
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Fri 30 May 2014, 10:57 am

rumour:
    Colback from Sunderland @50K a week,

hope that is just rumour cos he aint worth anywhere near that !!!!
    Hungry Hammer 66
    Hungry Hammer 66
    Boot Cleaner

Post  Hungry Hammer 66 Fri 30 May 2014, 12:18 pm

Heard he was only on 6k a week for them
    Dan C
    Dan C
    Boot Cleaner

Post  Dan C Fri 30 May 2014, 2:16 pm

£50k a week is an outrageous over-valuation of an extremely average player.
    alfiehammer
    alfiehammer
    Reserves

Post  alfiehammer Fri 30 May 2014, 10:33 pm

I can imagine 50k a week is actually a pretty average premiership wage...plus they factor in the fact the club hasn't paid a fee...
    Dan C
    Dan C
    Boot Cleaner

Post  Dan C Sat 31 May 2014, 9:45 am

It's not the wage for an average Premier League player mate, otherwise why would Everton, Newcastle and Hull not be going near that type of wage for him? To pay him £50k a week is ludicrous when it seems he's only on circa £15k a week. It's very poor negotiating. If that, as is widely reported, trebles his wages, why don't we just offer him £30k a week? It's still a pay rise. Then see what, if anything, Everton/Newcastle/Hull offer him and go from there. You don't jump straight in with £50k a week! We're supposed to be owned by successful businessmen! One of the main benefits of a Bosman signing is to save money - not put all the money you're saving on the fee into his wages for three years!

Plus what message does it send out to other players we're interested in? They'll be thinking "if Mr Rank Average is worth £50k a week, I'm worth £60/70/80/90k a week". Dangerous precedent.

Aside from anything else, I'm distinctly underwhelmed by the 'quality' of this player. I recognise the need for a player of this type, but surely we can do better than Colback.

Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Sat 31 May 2014, 9:49 am

Deep breaths everyone. This is all summation. We have NO idea what - if anything - we have offered to Jack Colback

My opinion is that he is similar to Noble so why would we want TWO types of player like that? We need GOALS - especially from midfield as our only striker is not prolific by any stretch of the imagination. We have brought Zarate in for goals. So is Colback there to replace Matt Taylor? Taylor is about to be offered a new contract so that doesn't add up does it?

Just because Colback is available on a "free" doesn't mean we should get him. IMHO of course

Nothing to see here. Move on..............for now !
    alfiehammer
    alfiehammer
    Reserves

Post  alfiehammer Sat 31 May 2014, 9:59 am

Dan C wrote:It's not the wage for an average Premier League player mate, otherwise why would Everton, Newcastle and Hull not be going near that type of wage for him? To pay him £50k a week is ludicrous when it seems he's only on circa £15k a week. It's very poor negotiating. If that, as is widely reported, trebles his wages, why don't we just offer him £30k a week? It's still a pay rise. Then see what, if anything, Everton/Newcastle/Hull offer him and go from there. You don't jump straight in with £50k a week! We're supposed to be owned by successful businessmen! One of the main benefits of a Bosman signing is to save money - not put all the money you're saving on the fee into his wages for three years!

Plus what message does it send out to other players we're interested in? They'll be thinking "if Mr Rank Average is worth £50k a week, I'm worth £60/70/80/90k a week". Dangerous precedent.

Aside from anything else, I'm distinctly underwhelmed by the 'quality' of this player. I recognise the need for a player of this type, but surely we can do better than Colback.  

once saw it written, in a very creditable source, that the wages quoted for players were very often much greater then what the players were actually on and retry much complete guess work. in reality, the source claimed, neither the player nor the club want to make these things known, it benefits neither. could be the 50k a week is complete tabloid bullshit.
    Blakey
    Blakey
    Reserves

Post  Blakey Sun 01 Jun 2014, 8:29 am

alfiehammer wrote:
    Dan C wrote:It's not the wage for an average Premier League player mate, otherwise why would Everton, Newcastle and Hull not be going near that type of wage for him? To pay him £50k a week is ludicrous when it seems he's only on circa £15k a week. It's very poor negotiating. If that, as is widely reported, trebles his wages, why don't we just offer him £30k a week? It's still a pay rise. Then see what, if anything, Everton/Newcastle/Hull offer him and go from there. You don't jump straight in with £50k a week! We're supposed to be owned by successful businessmen! One of the main benefits of a Bosman signing is to save money - not put all the money you're saving on the fee into his wages for three years!

once saw it written, in a very creditable source, that the wages quoted for players were very often much greater then what the players were actually on and retry much complete guess work. in reality, the source claimed, neither the player nor the club want to make these things known, it benefits neither. could be the 50k a week is complete tabloid bullshit.
    **sniff, sniff**

Is that coffee I can smell ;
    alfiehammer
    alfiehammer
    Reserves

Post  alfiehammer Sun 01 Jun 2014, 8:40 am

Blakey wrote:
    alfiehammer wrote:

**sniff, sniff**

Is that coffee I can smell ;

doubt it, yet to acquire a taste for the stuff. give me tea anyway.
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Sun 01 Jun 2014, 9:06 am

Sounds like he is off to Newcastle anyway
    that will go down well with the Geordie fans  cheesey grin
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Sun 01 Jun 2014, 3:55 pm

Well he is a Newcastle supporter so they should be fine with that
    JulianDicksLeftKnee
    JulianDicksLeftKnee
    Reserves

Post  JulianDicksLeftKnee Sun 01 Jun 2014, 4:16 pm

Read somewhere we'd offered treble his current wage-so if he was £6k at Derlan then that would make it nowhere near £50k.

Still too much though
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Wed 04 Jun 2014, 12:57 pm

update time

Ravel - interest from Swansea and QPR, no further than interest (I would like to add that it appears that no BIG clubs are interested in our little firework and I think that speaks volumes)

Cheikhou Kouyate - Rumour : West Ham are expected to make a fresh offer of €10million

Jussi - just signed a new one year deal

West Ham have pulled out of a deal to sign AC Milan teenage striker M’Baye Niang

alfiehammer
    alfiehammer
    Reserves

Post  alfiehammer Wed 04 Jun 2014, 2:58 pm

Campo wrote:update time

Ravel  - interest from Swansea and QPR, no further than interest (I would like to add that it appears that no BIG clubs are interested in our little firework and I think that speaks volumes)

Cheikhou Kouyate - Rumour : West Ham are expected to make a fresh offer of €10million

Jussi - just signed a new one year deal

West Ham have pulled out of a deal to sign AC Milan teenage striker M’Baye Niang

if we sell ravel or £5 million to anyone, let alone QPR and that twitcher I will not be at all happy. He's English, (which normally puts a premium on any player) and a youth product and as I'm fairly sure we are meant to have a certain quota of them, that almost makes him priceless.

Kouyate I don't know much about but seems a talent. Keeping jussi on a one year deal as number 2 makes sound sense. I don't know much about Niang so not too concerned there...
    Charlie Ham
    Charlie Ham
    1st Team Bench

Post  Charlie Ham Wed 04 Jun 2014, 5:04 pm

I would bite anyone's hand off if they offered anywhere near £5 million for Morrison.
    Read some comment from Redknapp only yesterday saying this lad needs to change his attitude.
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Wed 04 Jun 2014, 10:33 pm

Swansea’s interest in Ravel Morrison has been “entirely over-egged” according to sources close to the player.
    Alleged interest from the Welsh player has been in the headlines for the past few days but was dismissed today as “silly season hype.”
    The Morrison soap opera has been running since mid winter when he moved to Queens Park Rangers on a three month loan.
    And since then he has been mentioned as a target for the west London outfit and Swansea City.
    However, ClaretandHugh was told exclusively today by sources close to the player: “All that’s happened is that we were told a couple or three months ago that he was one of several players on their radar. It is now being over-egged.
    “Nothing’s changed – there has been no further word from them so it might be fair to say this is being over-reported.
    The same is true at QPR – there’s an interest as there are in several players out there but there’s been no word beyond that.
    “Rav is a West Ham player and there would be an awful lot of negotiating to be done should a definite offer be made but we don’t appear to be anywhere near that stage at this moment.”

Nothing to see here. Move along please!
    Hungry Hammer 66
    Hungry Hammer 66
    Boot Cleaner

Post  Hungry Hammer 66 Thu 05 Jun 2014, 10:00 am

Hearing reports we have bid  3 Mill for Nice left back Tiomthee Kolodziejczak, Nice havnt responded but reputedly
     Want more like 6 Mill
    JulianDicksLeftKnee
    JulianDicksLeftKnee
    Reserves

Post  JulianDicksLeftKnee Thu 05 Jun 2014, 10:03 am

It's all very well telling us he's nice but who does he play for? Wink

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 10 May 2024, 3:05 am