West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

+14
Arran H
Kray JR
Jiggs
Charlie Ham
JulianDicksLeftKnee
Blakey
alfiehammer
Dan C
SemiOldIron
Tony P
Admin
Johnny K
Hungry Hammer 66
Campo
18 posters

summer rumors and other nonsense

alfiehammer
    alfiehammer
    Reserves

summer rumors and other nonsense - Page 5 Empty Re: summer rumors and other nonsense

Post  alfiehammer Mon 25 Aug 2014, 12:35 pm

for a million pound too campo....
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

summer rumors and other nonsense - Page 5 Empty Re: summer rumors and other nonsense

Post  Admin Mon 25 Aug 2014, 6:23 pm

Jiggs wrote:
    Admin wrote:I think its wishfull thinking from Teddy having Matty back , he took him for a few squids last time they were together ...........did,nt we bail that little shit out way back or he was gonna get bashed up

I believe we did Geeze.  I remember he repaid us by diving all over the place in a game against Stoke.
    Aint that the truth summer rumors and other nonsense - Page 5 3725042725
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Fri 29 Aug 2014, 3:55 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    alfiehammer
    alfiehammer
    Reserves

Post  alfiehammer Sat 30 Aug 2014, 8:07 am

linked with a loan deal for Barcelona's Alex Song...
    Arran H
    Reserves

Post  Arran H Sat 30 Aug 2014, 8:16 am

It seems that the Loan deal for Alex Song will happen which if it does happen then it would be a excellent bit of business by the club even if its only a loan deal , but its one of those deals where I will not believe it until it is on the official website such is the quality of the player we are talking about !

The fact Song is only 26 as well makes it even better but I said I will wait until it is officially announced by the club !

Fingers crossed it does happen !

Our Midfield would contain Diame , Kouyate and Song now that is a strong midfield to have if they were to all start together
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Sat 30 Aug 2014, 10:52 am

Arran H wrote:It seems that the Loan deal for Alex Song will happen which if it does happen then it would be a excellent bit of business by the club even if its only a loan deal , but its one of those deals where I will not believe it until it is on the official website such is the quality of the player we are talking about !

The fact Song is only 26 as well makes it even better but I said I will wait until it is officially announced by the club !  

Fingers crossed it does happen !

Our Midfield would contain Diame , Kouyate and Song now that is a strong midfield to have if they were to all start together

But they won't. Noble will always be in there, so one of the above three will be on the bench. If Matt Taylor was still here then he would get in there too !
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Sat 30 Aug 2014, 12:06 pm

Song and Kouyate will be going for the same position
    Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs Sat 30 Aug 2014, 9:29 pm

So we got a replacement for our best player today?
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Sat 30 Aug 2014, 9:30 pm

Campo wrote:Song and Kouyate will be going for the same position

Exactly ! I would play them together
    Arran H
    Reserves

Post  Arran H Sun 31 Aug 2014, 8:02 am

It will never happen while Sam is in charge but I think we should go with 4-4-2 at home and then 4-5-1 away from home
    4-4-2 :
    Adrian
    O`Brien
    Tomkins
    Reid
    Cresswell
    Downing
    Kouyate
    Song
    Vaz Te
    Sakho
    Zarate

4-5-1 :
    Adrian
    O`Brien
    Tomkins
    Reid
    Cresswell
    Downing
    Noble
    Song
    Kouyate
    Vaz te
    Valencia
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Sun 31 Aug 2014, 9:11 am

Tony P wrote:

Inclined to agree, would certainly give us some bite in the middle and two players that can pass a bit too
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Sun 31 Aug 2014, 9:33 am

Campo wrote:
    Tony P wrote:

Inclined to agree, would certainly give us some bite in the middle and two players that can pass a bit too

But we won't because it is compulsory to play Mark Noble because - he is a diamond geezer/local boy/came through the ranks/West Ham supporter/takes the penalties/takes all our set pieces despite them mostly being awful *delete as necessary

The fact that he has no pace, slows down our play dramatically, gets caught in possession with the Scott Parker pirouette, has a limited passing range seems to be irrelevant

Controversial I am sure
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Mon 01 Sep 2014, 3:12 pm

Diane is in Hull for medical
    Almafitano or what ever he is called is supposed to be on his way and a centre back on loan from Europe
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Mon 01 Sep 2014, 4:14 pm

Tony P wrote:
    Campo wrote:
    Tony P wrote:

But we won't because it is compulsory to play Mark Noble because - he is a diamond geezer/local boy/came through the ranks/West Ham supporter/takes the penalties/takes all our set pieces despite them mostly being awful *delete as necessary

The fact that he has no pace, slows down our play dramatically, gets caught in possession with the Scott Parker pirouette, has a limited passing range seems to be irrelevant

Controversial I am sure

the only part I disagree with is the "delete as necessary" - because they're all correct
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Mon 01 Sep 2014, 4:19 pm

Campo wrote:Diane is in Hull for medical
    Almafitano or what ever he is called is supposed to be on his way and a centre back on loan from Europe

Shipping out Diame is a mistake - but oh yeah... weren't we the club who wouldn't play Mascherano (good job his career went nowhere after he left us)

is there really any point in us buying or loaning any players at all?

we'll still continue to play noble in midfield... we'll have Nolan back in the starting line-up as son as he's fit. We'll pick Carlton Cole up front...

nothing else seems to matter... summer rumors and other nonsense - Page 5 1290824782
    Arran H
    Reserves

Post  Arran H Mon 01 Sep 2014, 4:58 pm

I really hope The Diame to Hull deal is just a stupid rumour as we should be keeping players like him and Sam say that Diame and Jarvis were both STAYING ?!?! Why would Diame wanu leave us to go to Hull - another club who will be fighting relegation just like us ?!?!
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Mon 01 Sep 2014, 6:12 pm

because a team like Hull might actually respect a player of Diame's strength and talent by playing him in the first team... not just once in able moon on a tuesday night cup game.

with our current first team selection policy it's hard to know why anyone except Nolan, Carroll, Cole wouldn't take a decent chance somewhere else if it was offered to them...

summer rumors and other nonsense - Page 5 2901933171
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Mon 01 Sep 2014, 6:14 pm

Looks like he has gone to Hull, I am about as bovered has he has been on the pitch at times

Don't forget the 3.5m clause in the contract, if Hull have offered he must be allowed to talk if he wants
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Mon 01 Sep 2014, 7:06 pm

you should never allow your better players to feel like they want to leave...

but it's all academic as Diame has been confirmed as a Hull City player on a three year contract...
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Mon 01 Sep 2014, 7:34 pm

westhamonkey wrote:

because a team like Hull might actually respect a player of Diame's strength and talent by playing him in the first team... not just once in able moon on a tuesday night cup game.

with our current first team selection policy it's hard to know why anyone except Nolan, Carroll, Cole wouldn't take a decent chance somewhere else if it was offered to them...

and in his proper position as an attacking central midfield player. Radical eh?!!
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Mon 01 Sep 2014, 7:51 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Reading between the lines it looks like Diame had made it clear that he was not going to sign a new contract with us so we reluctantly sold him to ensure that he didn't go for nothing at the end of the season when his contract ran out
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Mon 01 Sep 2014, 7:58 pm

Sod Diame I am more concerned that yet again we go into the season at least 1 quality centre back short ffs we have know since May that we needed at least one more
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Mon 01 Sep 2014, 8:49 pm

Tony P wrote:
    westhamonkey wrote:

and in his proper position as an attacking central midfield player. Radical eh?!!

exactly... these prima donna players are just soooooooooooooo demanding...

I would really love to know DG's thoughts on all of this
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Mon 01 Sep 2014, 8:51 pm

Tony P wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Reading between the lines it looks like Diame had made it clear that he was not going to sign a new contract with us so we reluctantly sold him to ensure that he didn't go for nothing at the end of the season when his contract ran out

to think that we're supposedly less than two years away from playing in front of 50-60,000 people on a regular basis and the promise (false, I know but it's part of the plan) of European football...

you wonder just what it must be like at the club that decent players have little interest in remaining here.

Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Mon 01 Sep 2014, 8:57 pm

This made me laugh anyway
    summer rumors and other nonsense - Page 5 BweKCcPCQAAQBG7

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 20 May 2024, 3:16 pm