West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

+5
Tony P
alfiehammer
Charlie Ham
westhamonkey
Jiggs
9 posters

West Ham United V Leicester City

Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

West Ham United  V  Leicester City Empty West Ham United V Leicester City

Post  Jiggs Fri 19 Dec 2014, 11:07 pm

West Ham United  V  Leicester City West-ham-unitedWest Ham United   V   Leicester CityWest Ham United  V  Leicester City Leicester-city

West Ham United will be confident of continuing their outstanding form. While Sam Allardyce’s side have risen to fourth place after losing one of their past 10, the goals have dried up for Leicester, who are without a win in 11. The pressure on their manager, Nigel Pearson, is increasing and only a win at Upton Park would give Leicester a chance of not being bottom at Christmas. 

Kick-off Saturday 3pm
    Venue Upton Park
    Last season n/a
    Referee M Atkinson
    This season G13, Y54, R1, 4.23 cards per game.
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

West Ham United

Subs from Jaaskelainen, Howes, Cole, O’Brien, Demel, Collins, Burke, Poyet, Amalfitano, Jarvis, Zárate, Valencia, Vaz Tê
    Doubtful None
    Injured Noble (achilles, 26 Dec)
    Suspended None
    Form DLWWWD
    Discipline Y28 R1
    Leading scorer Sakho 7

Leicester City

Subs from Smith, Moore, De Laet, Hammond, Knockaert, Drinkwater, Nugent
    Doubtful De Laet (ill), Nugent (ankle)
    Injured Schmeichel (foot, Jan), Upson (ankle, Jan)
    Suspended None
    Form LDLLLL
    Discipline Y24 R2
    Leading scorer Ulloa 6
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

West Ham United  V  Leicester City Empty Leicester vs West Ham 12/20/2014

Post  westhamonkey Fri 19 Dec 2014, 11:09 pm

ok... on paper this is an easy three points... 4th place against the bottom of the table... and for once, it ain't us on the bottom of the table...

but this is West Ham and it's the banana skins which tend to trip us up...

but is this REALLY West Ham? By that I mean the West Ham we've all come to know and cringe over for the past decade or more...

We've gone behind in the past three games and not lost any of them... we've beaten some good teams and are actually legitimately in the fourth place in the table...

so yes, football is a funny old game but there's absolutely no reason why we should not have three more points and at least a couple more goals in the goal difference column at this time tomorrow.

anything less will be a pain in the are but not a disaster.

we got Chelsea and Arsenal in the next week so we need a good morale (keeping not lifting as usual) home win to prepare us for some right old end of year festivities...

only 2015 knows if we'll come down like the christmas decorations as we used to...

interesting times indeed...

I'll be up at 6:59am to watch proceedings live on the telly. Wonder if any of you lot will be around to talk about it...

oh, team news... Noble is still out but expected to be available for Boxing Day - everyone else is fit and raring to go.

Last edited by westhamonkey on Fri 19 Dec 2014, 11:15 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
    Charlie Ham
    Charlie Ham
    1st Team Bench

West Ham United  V  Leicester City Empty Re: West Ham United V Leicester City

Post  Charlie Ham Sat 20 Dec 2014, 7:47 am

Like to think this is a game we should win well however we are West Ham.

Jiggs is probably right about the line up but I think Nolan place could be up for grabs.

Valencia to make it a true 4 3 3 or Amalfitano who I see as the better midfield player.
    alfiehammer
    alfiehammer
    Reserves

Post  alfiehammer Sat 20 Dec 2014, 9:02 am

given the games coming up, our position in the table and leicester's position it must be said this should be a three pointer and really needs to be a three pointer. Then we can settle for gritty points in the tougher games ahead. 

Any less then three points and i will be very gutted. That said, I also have that horrible feeling in my guts that this will be the game that we slip up in.

Team wise, I'd go with

Carroll Sakho

Valencia Downing

Song kouyate

Cresswell Tomkins Reid Jenkison

Adrian
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Sat 20 Dec 2014, 9:33 am

Charlie Ham wrote:Like to think this is a game we should win well however we are West Ham.

Jiggs is probably right about the line up but I think Nolan place could be up for grabs.

Valencia to make it a true 4 3 3 or Amalfitano who I see as the better midfield player.

Could only see Nolan dropping out if Noble is fit; which he isn't. He may go more attacking though with Amalfitano/Zarate instead of Nolan but I doubt it

COYI !!
    alfiehammer
    alfiehammer
    Reserves

Post  alfiehammer Sat 20 Dec 2014, 9:36 am

Tony P wrote:
    Charlie Ham wrote:Like to think this is a game we should win well however we are West Ham.

Could only see Nolan dropping out if Noble is fit; which he isn't. He may go more attacking though with Amalfitano/Zarate instead of Nolan but I doubt it

COYI !!

We do have a fantastic array of good quality options these days. Unheard of in my time as a Hammer.
    Arran H
    Reserves

Post  Arran H Sat 20 Dec 2014, 11:21 am

Looking at the Table we can not only stay in the Top 4 but if Villa beat United and we Win by two clear Goals then we can actually go 3rd today ! Who at the start of the season would have thought that we would be in the Top 4 for Xmas !?! I know I was after last season was expecting us to struggle again but I`m glad so far I`m being proved wrong !

Would like to see Zarate or Amalfitano start ahead of Nolan but it wont happen West Ham United  V  Leicester City 2723394577
    Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs Sat 20 Dec 2014, 11:48 am

Not my line up .... Pinched from somewhere  cheesey grin

I feel for Leicester.  How many times have we been in their position, desperate for a 1-0 win so as not to be bottom of the league at Christmas?  

However, no room for sentimental stuff even at this time of year. So...........................

scarf C~O~Y~I scarf   West Ham United  V  Leicester City 1343512671 West Ham United  V  Leicester City 1343512671
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Sat 20 Dec 2014, 12:22 pm

Should be 3 points but as other have said this is West Ham and despite our lofty position the Foxes will look at this as a game that they would target to get something from

As Big Sam said earlier in the week this is a massive game for us considering the next two.

would be nice to be on 31 points by Christmas, only 9 from safety tramp

Will see if I can find a stream for today, was supposed to be going on to an away game pre christmas piss up but have been struck down with flu
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Sat 20 Dec 2014, 2:07 pm

Starting 11 as per what Jiggs posted

Foxes leave top scorer Ulloa on the bench

Parking the bus?
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Sat 20 Dec 2014, 3:25 pm

goal Carroll
    SemiOldIron
    SemiOldIron
    Academy

Post  SemiOldIron Sat 20 Dec 2014, 3:34 pm

Lovely touch from the big fella. Carlton, are you watching?
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Sat 20 Dec 2014, 3:52 pm

not a great first half by any stretch of the imagination... Leicester well up for it and playing like a team not on the bottom of the table...

fortunately, completely against the run of play and with almost everyone in our penalty box, the clearance comes out to ex-west ham player Konchesky (hard to recognize him with hair) who inexplicably plays a blind back pass into his own half which Carroll runs onto, keeps ahead of the only defender and kinks the ball over the keeper.

Song took a nasty turn and did his ankle but he's still on the field at the end of the first half... we'll be fucked without him over christmas, so hopefully he can shake it off and stay fit.

Some good defending and goalkeeping has kept Leicester out... we rally need to crack down on them in the 2nd half and a couple extra goals would stop this being as nervy as it currently is.

And of course... those extra goals, in conjunction with ManUre currently losing to Villa... we'd end the day in 3rd... which would be awesome.
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Sat 20 Dec 2014, 3:57 pm

plus if - when - we win... we might not get above ManUre into 3rd spot... but we'd be 5 points clear of Soton below us...

HAPPY CHRISTMAS....
    alfiehammer
    alfiehammer
    Reserves

Post  alfiehammer Sat 20 Dec 2014, 3:58 pm

Goal by the big man. tidy.

would love to see us hang on and even grab that precious second. Only low point is the spuds winning.
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Sat 20 Dec 2014, 3:59 pm

Songs knock may be a blessing in disguise if he does not make the ACON
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Sat 20 Dec 2014, 3:59 pm

westhamonkey wrote:
    plus if - when - we win... we might not get above ManUre into 3rd spot... but we'd be 5 points clear of Soton below us...

HAPPY CHRISTMAS....

oopos... my bad... didn't see the Soton/Everton game in progress - and it's not going our way... but we'll still be okay...
    SemiOldIron
    SemiOldIron
    Academy

Post  SemiOldIron Sat 20 Dec 2014, 4:00 pm

In the driving seat alright, but since the goal everyone seems a bit too eager to punt the high ball forward for my liking. Now BFS has demonstrated yet again his undying loyalty to Nolan, perhaps he will get Amalfitano on which would give us our strongest team at present IMO.
    Leicester appear to be playing a Canvey Asshole in midfield, they must be getting really desperate. Very Happy

scarf WH Flag scarf WH Flag scarf WH Flag scarf WH Flag scarf WH Flag scarf
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Sat 20 Dec 2014, 4:13 pm

magnificent goal from Downing!!!!!
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Sat 20 Dec 2014, 4:14 pm

goal Downing

, Shame the red mancs have got one back
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Sat 20 Dec 2014, 4:15 pm

great little looping header from Sakho to feed Downing who dinks it forward and curls the most beautiful shot in past the diving keeper...

2-0

To quote the BBC...

West Ham 2-0 Leicester - Stewart Downing (56 mins)
    Posted at 16:13
    It has been a day of really excellent goals, and Stewart Downing sticks his name down on the list! Diafro Sakho wins a header 30 yards out, the ball lands at the feet of Downing, he takes one touch to bring it onto his left and then bends it right into the corner. Much like Erik Lamela's goal for Spurs really. We need a goal of the day competition after this lot...

Last edited by westhamonkey on Sat 20 Dec 2014, 4:17 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : to add in the bit form the Beeb)
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Sat 20 Dec 2014, 4:20 pm

Leicester make a triple substitution...

Tomo is about to be subbed for Collins... looks like an injury... but at least Tomkins is walking off...

We could do with resting Song... we really need him for the Xmas fixtures...
    SemiOldIron
    SemiOldIron
    Academy

Post  SemiOldIron Sat 20 Dec 2014, 4:26 pm

Beautiful, classic goal from Downing!! Right, let's work on that goal difference! West Ham United  V  Leicester City 1343512671
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Sat 20 Dec 2014, 4:30 pm

If we weren't 2-0 up and if this were any other team than Leicester... this would be a really nervy game...

they ain't giving up
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Sat 20 Dec 2014, 4:31 pm

back in Aug
    West ham to finish top half 9/4 , glad i had a few quid on that now

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 09 May 2024, 1:17 am