West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

4 posters

Leicester City v West Ham United

Charlie Ham
    Charlie Ham
    1st Team Bench

Leicester City v West Ham United Empty Leicester City v West Ham United

Post  Charlie Ham Sat 05 May 2018, 5:03 pm

We win 2-0

I'm going to have a beer.
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Leicester City v West Ham United Empty Re: Leicester City v West Ham United

Post  westhamonkey Sat 05 May 2018, 9:44 pm

well we did it... Noble scored the winner so he's become completely untouchable - again...

as usual... we paper over the cracks... clutch a last game - almost last game - survival and think everything is rosy...

that's what worries me the most.

trust me, I'm stoked (no pun intended) to escape relegation but I just see us doing what we always do... we do just enough to survive and then we just sit back, relax and piss away any good fortune or position we might have.

I hope beyond hope that his does not translate into having been 'enough' to guarantee Moyes a job beyond May... but I'd not be surprised...

Noble will continue as captain and midfield maestro...

Hart needs to go too...

We need an almost complete top to bottom clean sweep...

Keep Arnautovic and maybe couple others like Rice... but everyone else... just go.

The club needs better.
    mottinghammer
    mottinghammer
    1st Team Bench

Post  mottinghammer Sun 06 May 2018, 9:38 pm

You're absolutely right about the papering over of cracks, weneed a complete rebuild, new keeper to back up Adrian, new right back, at least one new CB. Complete defensive MF, only area we have any depth is forwards. 

Hart, Reid, koyoute, Noble all need replacing immediately. Hernandez will be gone, no one will take Carroll

Its desperate times at upton park,  Brady stadium Leicester City v West Ham United 780148547
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Mon 07 May 2018, 4:08 am

I just looked at the table - a week before the end of the season... it does not make for happy reading... look at the teams above us... read it...

Burnley
    Everton
    Leicester
    Newcastle
    Palace
    Bournemouth
    Watford
    Brighton

these are the teams that we performed worse than...

of all of those... I'd say honestly... maybe Newcastle and Everton could claim to be a 'better' club generally... and it'd be a close call.

So even just being honestly realistic (not starry-eyed, claret & blue tinted glasses) we should seriously be competing for 7th or 8th place without even having to struggle

Yet here we are... a week out from the end of season and just managing to squeak out survival - and that's mainly in part to there being four teams that have been as crap as us but results went our way instead of theirs.

that to me is really the tale and truth of where we are as a club... worse than Burnley, Leicester, Palace, Bournemouth, Watford, Brighton and barely better than Swansea, Stoke, Southampton and West Brom

I'm relieved we're staying up... but I'm not a happy camper
    Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs Wed 09 May 2018, 9:18 pm

I said much the same on facebook monkeyman.

Lesley Jiggins 
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

6 May at 13.01

And there ends another horrendous and at times half hearted 'dogfight' by West Ham. We all love the West Ham way, but this season it came with a huge twist. Designed by the board to save money, causing fans to revolt, which consequently added to the couldn't care less attitude of a fair few players.

The board have been dicing with the death of West Ham United for the last three seasons and almost succeeded this time out. But for the grace of God, teams worse than us, call it what you like, we were heading to oblivion.

We're delighted of course, but sincerely hope that the board don't think the fanbase are appeased by just escaping relegation. The spivs need to learn from this, which they should, not only for the avid desire to overfill their own coffers, but for the sake and the future of our beloved, great club.

Watch this video. We care, the players do actually care, but inside there are serious issues that only the board can rectify - sort it!

COYI ....... West Ham till I die

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 11 May 2024, 10:10 pm