West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

+3
Tony P
Kray JR
Jiggs
7 posters

Aston Villa V West Ham

Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Aston Villa V West Ham Empty Aston Villa V West Ham

Post  Jiggs Sat 26 Dec 2015, 10:24 am

Aston Villa V West Ham 238 Aston Villa  -V-  West Ham  Aston Villa V West Ham 367

TEAM NEWS

Aston Villa captain Micah Richards is expected to miss a fourth consecutive game because of a knee injury.
    Full-backs Joe Bennett and Aly Cissokho have both been recalled from loan spells but will not be eligible to play until January.
    West Ham's Andy Carroll could return from a thigh problem but the game comes too soon for Manuel Lanzini, who is recovering from a similar injury.
    Diafra Sakho, Victor Moses, Winston Reid and Dimitri Payet are still out.

WHAT THE MANAGERS SAY

Aston Villa manager Remi Garde: "I think we need at least 10 victories. Step by step we need to concentrate on the first win, then the second.
    "We need to start [winning] very quickly that is for sure."
    West Ham manager Slaven Bilic: "I saw their [Villa's] last few games... I have seen the energy, seen their quality and they are fighting for their lives.
    "They have confidence now because they have one point from an away game. They are at home against us and they look forward to that game.
    "So, make no mistake, I am not expecting anything easier than against Swansea, Stoke or Manchester United. They have some quality players who can harm you."

MATCH FACTS

Head-to-head

• West Ham have won just one of their last eight games at Villa Park (D2, L5).
    • Villa have kept clean sheets in five of those eight matches.

Aston Villa

• Only three of the previous 23 sides who were bottom of the Premier League on Christmas Day have avoided relegation. However, the last two - Leicester in 2014 and Sunderland in 2013 - did both survive.
    • Villa are bottom of the top division at Christmas for only the third time in their history, after 1935-36 and 1958-59. They ended up being relegated on both of those previous occasions.
    • The Villans are enduring two unwanted club league records: 16 matches without a win, and nine home matches without a victory since beating West Ham in May.
    • They have kept just two Premier League clean sheets this season - only Norwich, with one, have a worse record.
    • Aston Villa have won just one of their last 14 Premier League games played on Boxing Day (D4, L9) and have failed to score in the last four.

West Ham United

• West Ham have drawn three successive league games 0-0 for the first time in their history.
    • The Hammers have shared the points in their last four matches.
    • They have averaged 0.4 goals per game since Dimitri Payet was injured - compared to 1.9 goals per game in their opening 12 Premier League matches (all of which Payet started).
    Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Aston Villa V West Ham Empty Re: Aston Villa V West Ham

Post  Jiggs Sat 26 Dec 2015, 10:33 am

Just .................. COYI. That is all. 

scarf scarf scarf scarf scarf scarf
    Kray JR
    Kray JR
    Reserves

Post  Kray JR Sat 26 Dec 2015, 2:25 pm

Villa.....Guzan. Hutton. Okore. Lescott. Bacuna. Westwood. Sanchez. Gueye. Veretout. Gestede. Ayew. 

Subs. Clark. Sinclair. Richardson. Traore. Gil. Bunn. Grealish. 

Hammers. Adrian. Tomkins. Collins. Ogbonna. Cresswell. Obiang. Kouyate. Antonio. Noble. Zarate. Valencia.

Subs. Randolph. Song. Jenkinson. Hendrie. Oxford. Cullen. Parfitt-Willams.
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Sat 26 Dec 2015, 2:29 pm

Sausages?
    Kray JR
    Kray JR
    Reserves

Post  Kray JR Sat 26 Dec 2015, 2:31 pm

Nervous about this one. Every time I've seen Villa play I've thought why aren't they starting Gestede....and he starts today.

What's happened to Jelavic ? Is he still knackered from all the running he did against Swansea ? 3scared
    Kray JR
    Kray JR
    Reserves

Post  Kray JR Sat 26 Dec 2015, 2:32 pm

Tony P wrote:Sausages?

I'm no good at that dude, I usually look through the old posts and try and find one that way Very Happy
    SemiOldIron
    SemiOldIron
    Academy

Post  SemiOldIron Sat 26 Dec 2015, 2:41 pm

Kray JR wrote:Nervous about this one. Every time I've seen Villa play I've thought why aren't they starting Gestede....and he starts today.

What's happened to Jelavic ? Is he still knackered from all the running he did against Swansea ? 3scared

If we need to make a change up front I suppose we would bring on Song and shove the Coyote up there, much more effective option IMO. But then, what the fupp do I know.... scratch
    Anyway, COME ON YOU IRONS!!!
    Arran H
    Reserves

Post  Arran H Sat 26 Dec 2015, 3:58 pm

End to End to stuff and Villa just about been the better team but who cares we are winning 1-0 thanks to a cracking goal by Cresswell !

That youngster Parfitt-Willams is an attacking player - Maybe depending on how this 2nd half goes Bilic may bring on him for the last 15mins or so to give him his Prem debut
    Kray JR
    Kray JR
    Reserves

Post  Kray JR Sat 26 Dec 2015, 4:04 pm

Tough half to watch due to connection issues, kept starting and stopping lol, it made us look awful. A free kick by Zarate hit the first man....a bit of buffering and Zarate had his head in his hands apparently having a shot pushed away Smile 

We had possession....bit more buffering Villa had the ball.....I could have given up and switched off.

48 minutes......buffering stops and it says we are 1 up

half time 0-1.....shows highlights......ball to Cresswell......buffering......he's celebrating.......replay.....Creswell receives the ball.....buffering...... he's celebrating lol

Do I give up now ? rofl smiley
    Kray JR
    Kray JR
    Reserves

Post  Kray JR Sat 26 Dec 2015, 4:05 pm

Jenks on for Tonks at half time Aston Villa V West Ham 780148547
    Kray JR
    Kray JR
    Reserves

Post  Kray JR Sat 26 Dec 2015, 4:25 pm

1-1 Penalty apparently given away by Ogbonna, according to Kamara on Sky the Villa player clipped his own heel and went down....cheers Mike Dean.
    Kray JR
    Kray JR
    Reserves

Post  Kray JR Sat 26 Dec 2015, 4:32 pm

Villa given a massive fupping lift with that penalty......will Mike Dean try and even the dodgy penalty decision up ? Aston Villa V West Ham 2723394577Aston Villa V West Ham 2723394577Aston Villa V West Ham 2723394577
    Kray JR
    Kray JR
    Reserves

Post  Kray JR Sat 26 Dec 2015, 4:38 pm

Noble bottles a challenge, Kouyate fouls after that, free kick leads to a goal mouth scramble Ginge clearing off the line. 

Song off for Cresswell......??

Ogbonna left back ?
    Kray JR
    Kray JR
    Reserves

Post  Kray JR Sat 26 Dec 2015, 4:59 pm

Two dubious handballs for penalties not given for us.....the second looked fupping blatant.

I lost count of the amount of times I screamed "keep the fupping ball" second half.

When we knocked it around on the floor we kept it.....hoof it guess what happens ? rocks for brains at times our players.
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Sat 26 Dec 2015, 5:00 pm

Awful performance by our midfield and attacking players once again. Even worse performance by Mike Dean. Gave a soft pen for them and then ignored two blatant penalty shouts for handball for us

Booked Ogbonna for a shirt pull and then a minute later didn't book that thug Hutton for exactly the same offence. Prick
    Kray JR
    Kray JR
    Reserves

Post  Kray JR Sat 26 Dec 2015, 5:32 pm

Tone do you think the midfielders are performing badly because the defence aren't giving them the ball enough ?

Or are the midfielders not offering themselves enough to receive the ball ?

Personally I think its a bit of both.
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Sun 27 Dec 2015, 8:30 am

Kray JR wrote:Tone do you think the midfielders are performing badly because the defence aren't giving them the ball enough ?

Or are the midfielders not offering themselves enough to receive the ball ?

Personally I think its a bit of both.
     A bit of both. As you all know I am not a Noble fan. He is too slow, both across the ground and in possession. He does not track runners; preferring to point at others while marking space. It is one-third of a central midfield not functioning; leaving the other 2 to try and stop 3. Additionally when Zarate is on the pitch he doesn't track his runner which exposes the full back

Additionally none of our midfield (or front players) seem capable of keeping possession or passing the ball to a player in the same colour shirt

All of this puts pressure on our back 5, who at the moment, are all that is stopping us getting beaten every game
    Charlie Ham
    Charlie Ham
    1st Team Bench

Post  Charlie Ham Sun 27 Dec 2015, 10:16 am

Another awful performance. Why can't Bilic see that the presents of Noble as his captain in having a negative effect on our midfield. I agree with Tony when he points out that Noble is too slow, always points out to others who to mark but does not carry out that job himself. Current forwards are a waste of time and need changing as soon as injured players are back. I just think Bilic will do himself a big favour and drop / sell Noble. Over all the past season where we have struggled Noble has been present. Surely people can see that he has been one of our problems in the past.
    IronDane
    IronDane
    Reserves

Post  IronDane Sun 27 Dec 2015, 11:37 am

Charlie Ham wrote:Another awful performance. Why can't Bilic see that the presents of Noble as his captain in having a negative effect on our midfield. I agree with Tony when he points out that Noble is too slow, always points out to others who to mark but does not carry out that job himself. Current forwards are a waste of time and need changing as soon as injured players are back. I just think Bilic will do himself a big favour and drop / sell Noble. Over all the past season where we have struggled Noble has been present. Surely people can see that he has been one of our problems in the past.

I agree, but Noble is Weet Ham through and through, so he is holy. It is our biggest problem that Bilic made him captain, but Bilic was chosen because he is a club figure and he was instructed to become the fans' manager to avoid the rift that happened with Sam Allardyce, so it was a good move in the beginning of his job. It just limits us too much in the long run.
    Kray JR
    Kray JR
    Reserves

Post  Kray JR Sun 27 Dec 2015, 5:02 pm

Would love to see Cullen given a chance in midfield in place of Noble. Even if it's not a starting place at least give him time when others may be flagging late on. Saw him pre-season and he looked like he wanted the ball a lot.

I'd also like to know what the plans are with Reece Oxford, holding midfielder or centre back ? 

No good banging on about how good we are at bringing youngsters through if we never give them a chance in the first team.

If they are just going to sit on the bench with us send them out on loan to get experience.
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Sun 27 Dec 2015, 10:40 pm

Kray JR wrote:Would love to see Cullen given a chance in midfield in place of Noble. Even if it's not a starting place at least give him time when others may be flagging late on. Saw him pre-season and he looked like he wanted the ball a lot. I would prefer Obiang. It's not like he is old. He is 23 and a Spanish U21 international

I'd also like to know what the plans are with Reece Oxford, holding midfielder or centre back ? A centre back. Bilic said that he was only played in midfield to get him used to controlling and moving the ball when under pressure and being closed down

No good banging on about how good we are at bringing youngsters through if we never give them a chance in the first team. I don't think Cullen is better than Obiang, Kouyate or Song TBH

If they are just going to sit on the bench with us send them out on loan to get experience.
    Arran H
    Reserves

Post  Arran H Mon 28 Dec 2015, 6:30 am

I agree with what both of you have said , I do think that Cullen deserves a chance be it from the start or the bench but on the other hand I agree with what Tony said Maybe Obiang should take his place as he to looks like a decent player

Got the FA Cup soon I`m pretty sure Bilic will give a few of the kids a chance in that and if they are good enough then slowly introduce them to the Premier league

I think Oxford will eventually be a centre back , as Tony said think Bilic is playing him in midfield to get him used to being put under pressure etc

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 09 May 2024, 11:45 pm