West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

+4
Tony P
Campo
Arran H
alfiehammer
8 posters

Jenkinson out for the season (apparently)

alfiehammer
    alfiehammer
    Reserves

Jenkinson out for the season (apparently) Empty Jenkinson out for the season (apparently)

Post  alfiehammer Tue 26 Jan 2016, 3:15 pm

Lucky we got Sam Byram then wasn't it
    Arran H
    Reserves

Jenkinson out for the season (apparently) Empty Re: Jenkinson out for the season (apparently)

Post  Arran H Tue 26 Jan 2016, 3:53 pm

In some ways this is a blessing in disguise I think as Jenkinson certainly hasn't been the player he was last year and with Byram looking good on Saturday it looks like Byram has a chance to make that Right back his own just Like Cresswell did at Left back last year

If I`m being honest I think if the Injury is as back as they say it is I think we will cut short his loan and send him back to Arsenal as its not like we need him with Tomkins and O`Brien who is back from injury as cover
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Jenkinson out for the season (apparently) Empty Re: Jenkinson out for the season (apparently)

Post  Campo Tue 26 Jan 2016, 5:23 pm

Feel sorry for the lad but that about sums up his season
    It did look a nasty injury when he pulled up
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Tue 26 Jan 2016, 9:01 pm

Arran H wrote:In some ways this is a blessing in disguise I think as Jenkinson certainly hasn't been the player he was last year and with Byram looking good on Saturday it looks like Byram has a chance to make that Right back his own just Like Cresswell did at Left back last year

If I`m being honest I think if the Injury is as back as they say it is I think we will cut short his loan and send him back to Arsenal as its not like we need him with Tomkins and O`Brien who is back from injury as cover  

Loans cannot be cancelled just due to an injury - unless Arsenal agree to it. Why would they? We are paying his (reported) £80,000 PW wages and will have to continue to do so until 30 June. It is just bad luck; for the player and for us
    Arran H
    Reserves

Post  Arran H Wed 27 Jan 2016, 8:57 am

Tony P wrote:
    Arran H wrote:In some ways this is a blessing in disguise I think as Jenkinson certainly hasn't been the player he was last year and with Byram looking good on Saturday it looks like Byram has a chance to make that Right back his own just Like Cresswell did at Left back last year

Loans cannot be cancelled just due to an injury - unless Arsenal agree to it. Why would they? We are paying his (reported) £80,000 PW wages and will have to continue to do so until 30 June. It is just bad luck; for the player and for us

Oh right didn't know that , I thought we could terminate the loan at any given time for whatever reason etc
    SemiOldIron
    SemiOldIron
    Academy

Post  SemiOldIron Wed 27 Jan 2016, 12:01 pm

Maybe its just my impression, but serious ( i.e months out) injuries seem to be getting more common, and not just for us. Lots of possible reasons - pace of the modern game, length and intensity of season, dubious support from footwear, etc. - but it makes me wonder if the squad size restriction ought to be looked at again. I think it was introduced to try to restrict the big spenders from hoovering up all the talent, but wouldn't an overall restriction on players total payroll do that just as well?
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Wed 27 Jan 2016, 8:42 pm

Arran H wrote:
    Tony P wrote:

Oh right didn't know that , I thought we could terminate the loan at any given time for whatever reason etc 

Only if Arsenal agree
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Fri 29 Jan 2016, 4:22 pm

Wenger confrimed cruciate ligament injury
    Could be out for upto 9 months

Best wishes Jenks clap
    Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs Fri 29 Jan 2016, 6:35 pm

Poor sod.  Wishing you well Jenks   Jenkinson out for the season (apparently) 86123369
    manurewa hammer
    manurewa hammer
    Reserves

Post  manurewa hammer Sat 30 Jan 2016, 2:59 am

Jiggs wrote:Poor sod.  Wishing you well Jenks   Jenkinson out for the season (apparently) 86123369
    Yep, best wishes Jenks, I guess we we wont see him with us again. H e did ok, particularly las t season.
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Sat 30 Jan 2016, 12:11 pm

He appeared on WHU TV a lot and came across as a good lad, seemed to get on with the rest of the team well too
    alfiehammer
    alfiehammer
    Reserves

Post  alfiehammer Sun 31 Jan 2016, 7:23 pm

I wouldn't mind him back here at a suitable price. He WA sever good the first season, and just had a blip this season...don't think he was (usually) as bad as some made out. Might do him a bit of good to have some time away
    mottinghammer
    mottinghammer
    1st Team Bench

Post  mottinghammer Mon 01 Feb 2016, 10:49 pm

Having an op on his knee tomorrow and loan has been cancelled by both clubs, good player who could still have done better with us than with Le arse. Best wishes to him for the future
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Tue 02 Feb 2016, 5:24 am

Byram out with a "slight knock" according to DG on Twitter. JOB to start tonight. 

Kouyate 50/50

You couldn't make it up
    Arran H
    Reserves

Post  Arran H Tue 02 Feb 2016, 6:26 am

That "Knock" must of happen in training yesterday then as I read that he was starting and Bilic has said that Kouyate will be fine for the Game in his pre match conference

We shall see , To be fair tho I`d rather Byram , Joey did quite well Saturday considering how long he had been out injured

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 19 May 2024, 3:44 pm