West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

3 posters

Spuds vs WHUFC -- April 27th, 2019

westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Spuds vs WHUFC -- April 27th, 2019 Empty Spuds vs WHUFC -- April 27th, 2019

Post  westhamonkey Sat 27 Apr 2019, 4:18 am

flippin' 'eck...

a 4:30am kick-off....

so apologies in advance... I shall not be live updating on this one... that's just too early for yours truly given how crappy we've been recently...

But waking up to 3 points would be very nice ta' very much...
    Charlie Ham
    Charlie Ham
    1st Team Bench

Spuds vs WHUFC -- April 27th, 2019 Empty Re: Spuds vs WHUFC -- April 27th, 2019

Post  Charlie Ham Sat 27 Apr 2019, 9:52 am

Hello Monkey,

Love us to be first club to win at their new ground.
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Sun 28 Apr 2019, 12:52 am

what a palava... was actually a game worth getting up for.

So... woke up at a decent hour saturday morning to watch the game before getting on with life... only to find that despite having set up the DVR to record the game... despite having checked the ;'scheduled recordings' on the DVR last night before going to be...

woke up this morning to find that the DVR had decided not to get up early either and hadn't recorded the game.

never mind, there's always the NBC Sports Gold package app that i have to pay extra money for....

so I try to log into the app on my iPad but the battery is dangerously low and not going to last a whole game... but fortunately I then remember that despite us having been on the regular cable channels for the past month or so... I watch thew NBS Sports gold app on me AppleTV...

So i switches the Telly over to Apple TV... clicks on me AppleTv and heads for the apps...

Click on the NBC Sports Gold App... oh yeah... I remember this from last time... there's no longer an NBC Sports gold app... it's been wound into the regular NBS Sports app...
    So all you do is click on the thing on screen... but instead of taking you to the NBC Sports app which I downloaded last time this happened... it takes me to the 'app store' and I have to 'open' the app because I've already purchased it.

Bit of a roundabout way of getting to the game... but here we are...

Scroll to the 'replay' section and hey presto bingo... there's the Spurs vs West Ham game...

Click on the game... 'this is a 10 minute preview of the game, if you want to watch the entire game please purchase an NBC Sports Gold pass'

Okay... okay... technology is no friend to man... I already have the rip-off NBC Sports Gold account... maybe I just have to log-in because I notice my app is not logged in.

Go to the website... enter the onscreen code and presto-bingo... I'm logged in.

Go back the app... click on the game... it's the same 'ten minute countdown' - but this time I'm logged in.

Oh well, i thinks to myself all bleary-eyed and tired... perhaps it'll just go to ten minutes then click over to the game proper and so maybe the big 'this is a preview' box is not the world's worst problem to suffer through for the remaining eight minutes of a saturday morning...

Ten minutes ticks down... the preview shuts off... no game...

WTF!

go back to the go-in screen... it tells me to enter the onscreen code.... huh?

So I go back to the website... try to go to the activate page "there is a problem, please try again"... I try... I try... I try...

what is going on?

I try to do the same thing on my iPad but the account password isn't saved... ugh!!!!

So... I pick up the phone... call customer service (I had business with them before... it was a nightmare) but let's give it a go.

I speak to a nice man, tell him about the nightmare circle of hell I'm stuck in...

Try a different browser... He talks me through the exact same process I've been repeating for ten minutes...

Okay.. Try a different browser... go through the same tedious log-in process... guess what... same difference... I clean all the cookies and history out of my browser... I'm typing the wrong password because I'm tired and bleary-eyed...

then he chips in 'the spurs game was on regular television, so it's not actually available through the NBS Spots Gold app...

What?

It's on the regular NBC Sports app

Oh... you mean the one that has now usurped the NBC Sports Gold app? I have that... the NBC Sports Gold app defaults to the regular NBC Sports app... just in a really annoying way...

So let's try the whole thing again with the regular NBC Sports app...

Great....

try to access the website... but it won't let me in... huh?

what's going on? I have an account...

oh that.. well with the regular NBC Sports app you have to log-in with your cable TV account.

Seriously?

but it's early saturday morning, I can't remember my cable TV log-in...

so i go grab my secret book of account log-ins... there's no filing system just random numbers and names scribbled over multiple pages... so of course it takes me a while to find the right info... and then I keep getting rejected... 'wrong username and password combination'...

I find another page with another scribbled name... I try that...

It works... I'M IN!!!!!!!!

but no I'm not....

it took longer than 5 minutes... so the activation code has expired...

WTF!!!!!

now I have to start the whole process again... wipe all the cookies from my browser (that's turned into a whole other nightmare of lost passwords and log-ins... but that's a story for another day)

anyway... long story... long...

I get signed in... get the app up and running... go to the game... click on it...

have to watch the first ten minutes again because the 'light tap for fast forward and replay' function is just too much for my saturday morning bleary-eyed fingers...

but the game is on....
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Sun 28 Apr 2019, 1:06 am

you've all seen the game by now... or at least know the result.

it was a good game.

Fabianski was a rock at the back...

Fredericks and Diop are a solid unit with Balbuena. Ogbonna wasn't the worst he's been.

noble played well.

Anderson put in a shift but was still too consistently lazy to really get much praise.

Arnie tried but since he went off injured late in the game you have to wonder if he's been carrying a number of knocks this season...

Great goal from Antonio

Over all it was a good performance... much like the game against Man Ure... except this time we got the result we deserved.

Yes, Spurs were definitely off their game and still went scarily close with the last kick of the game...

But it was a good game... great result and will hopefully derail Spurs in their European adventures.
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Sun 28 Apr 2019, 1:06 am

Charlie Ham wrote:Hello Monkey,

Love us to be first club to win at their new ground.

you wished it... and they delivered

Spuds vs WHUFC -- April 27th, 2019 276048800
    Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs Mon 29 Apr 2019, 11:19 pm

It was worth all that faffing about eh Monkey? Had a good stream to watch it on, and then watched four more times on MOTD.
    First team to ever score, first team to ever leave with a clean sheet and first to win at the new Shite Hart Lane. And my predictor said 0-1  Spuds vs WHUFC -- April 27th, 2019 1343512671

So satisfying............................ WH Flag
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Wed 01 May 2019, 5:14 am

Jiggs wrote:It was worth all that faffing about eh Monkey? Had a good stream to watch it on, and then watched four more times on MOTD.
    First team to ever score, first team to ever leave with a clean sheet and first to win at the new Shite Hart Lane. And my predictor said 0-1  Spuds vs WHUFC -- April 27th, 2019 1343512671

So satisfying............................ WH Flag

totally worth the faffing... best game of 2019... just a shame it was such a 'one-off' performance... but hugely satisfying to be the team to do the Spuds home record and set them up nicely to lose to Ajax today...

be interesting to see how we handle the final two games of the season... dreams of 7th place see such al long way off - but we gotta hold onto 11th no matter what.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 17 May 2024, 4:59 am