West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

+2
Blakey
westhamonkey
6 posters

Ongoing Thoughts

Arran
    Boot Cleaner

Ongoing Thoughts - Page 3 Empty Re: Ongoing Thoughts

Post  Arran Wed 22 Jul 2020, 12:57 pm

Unless we get beat by a massive Margin tonight then we`re pretty much safe even if Villa were to beat us Sunday.Our Goal difference is almost worth a point really.
    Cochese
    Cochese
    Boot Cleaner

Post  Cochese Wed 22 Jul 2020, 3:44 pm

Arran wrote:Unless we get beat by a massive Margin tonight then we`re pretty much safe even if Villa were to beat us Sunday.Our Goal difference is almost worth a point really.

The other thought is that Watford are also now also in the same scenario with their thrashing. Both teams would have to make up that goal differential for us to drop.
    Cochese
    Cochese
    Boot Cleaner

Post  Cochese Wed 22 Jul 2020, 9:34 pm

We're safe, and West Brom join us. We'll be facing Slaven twice next season.

And what happened Nottingham Forest? You only had to show up and you were in the playoff.

westhamonkey likes this post

westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Wed 22 Jul 2020, 9:43 pm

Cochese wrote:We're safe, and West Brom join us. We'll be facing Slaven twice next season.

And what happened Nottingham Forest? You only had to show up and you were in the playoff.

That's so awesome...

That's two out of my three hopes for the promotion teams...

if Cardiff can make it through the play-offs I'll hit the trifecta.

Congrats to Slaven... now it's time for all the speculation as to where we might be if we'd kept faith with him...
    Arran
    Boot Cleaner

Post  Arran Thu 23 Jul 2020, 9:36 am

So Happy for Bilic to be back in the Premier League next season. He 100% deserves a second chance given how poorly he was treated by our owners. Can`t wait to see Grady back at West Ham as well he`s had a great season under Bilic this year which can only be good news for us.
    Think the area we really need to concentrate on improving is the defence as I think the midfield is alright especially now Soucek will be staying and with Grady coming back it adds another option in the forward position. Rice and Soucek have looked good playing alongside each other and that partnership will only get better now.
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Fri 24 Jul 2020, 6:11 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

This is good news. He's been one of the bright spots since the season restart.

The bit that worries me is all the talk of the midfield 'alongside Noble'....

Noble has had his day. He's served the club, he's got his 500 appearances... he'll match Hurst's record on sunday... but time is up...

Soucek needs to replace Noble in midfield, not try to cary him through games...
    Arran
    Boot Cleaner

Post  Arran Sat 25 Jul 2020, 9:57 am

Great news that Soucek is here for at least another 4 years Ongoing Thoughts - Page 3 1343512671 .
    And personally I think Noble has done well in the last couple of games and I think having Soucek and Rice behind him as enable him to play further up the pitch and it`s shown with the asissts he had recently. Say what you want about Noble but he`s still an important player in the squad and he`ll play apart next season under Moyes.

Villa game could be a good game to start Wilshere and Coventry alongside Noble and start Soucek and Rice on the bench.Could be the perfect chance for Wilshere and Coventry to stack a claim for a spot in the team next season and prove they are capable of replacing Noble when the time comes.
    Cochese
    Cochese
    Boot Cleaner

Post  Cochese Sat 25 Jul 2020, 2:06 pm

I think Noble still has a place on this team, but not as a starter. Not unless the five sub rule sticks around. He's a 30-45 minute player these days, which with 501 appearances that is understandable.
    Arran
    Boot Cleaner

Post  Arran Sat 25 Jul 2020, 4:31 pm

I think He`ll play alot of games next season especially if he doesn`t get injured. People go on about him being slow now but Noble was never one for being a quick player. He`s shown that he still has an eye for an pass as proven by the assists he`s had recently. I think he`s got another season or two in him at the highest level. He`ll be perfect to pass on experience to the likes of Coventry and Cullen who`ll no doubt be the two who`ll go on to be his replacement eventually in seasons to come.

Hopefully Moyes gives some of the younger players a starting spot on Sunday against Villa - We`ve got nothing to lose now and it`ll give them a taste of what Premier league football is like.
    My team would be :
    Fabianski
    Johnson
    Diop
    Ogbonna
    Cresswell
    Noble(c)
    Soucek
    Rice
    Bowen
    Silva
    Antonio
    Blakey
    Blakey
    Reserves

Post  Blakey Sun 26 Jul 2020, 9:51 am

Noble has been a fantastic servant of the club. Mr Reliable, a calm head and has done wonders off the pitch. Every player has nothing but good to say about him. He has been brilliant.

However, his days are now numbered. As Cochese said, he hasn't got 90 minutes of intense football in the tank anymore. 60 minutes and he's blowing out of his arse. His legs can't do the work and consequently he leaves big gaps in the midfield that, so far, no one has managed to exploit. That's only because we haven't played any inform teams. Also, when he starts to tire, his tackling becomes erratic and borderline dangerous. He's only ever one tackle away from a yellow or red card. Now is the time for Mr West Ham to take a more back seat approach. Either start him and sub him at 60 minutes or bring him on for the last half hour. Although, in my opinion, only bring him on if we're looking to protect a lead as he has no pace to launch attacks.

Now is the time to change the guard. Out with the old, in with the new. I hope Mark remains Club Captain, a roll he has and will continue to do extremely well. Now it's time for young Declan to take over the reigns as First Team Captain and drive this club forward.
    Cochese
    Cochese
    Boot Cleaner

Post  Cochese Thu 30 Jul 2020, 9:50 pm

Fulham vs Brentford for the last spot. Scotty Parker vs a 74 year top flight drought.

Which West London team will we face next year?
    Arran
    Boot Cleaner

Post  Arran Fri 31 Jul 2020, 6:28 am

Would like see Parker back in the Prem but not with Fulham. I would like to see Brentford in the Premier league - Their new ground is well suited to be a Premier league ground....although them getting promoted may put an end to us getting a couple of their players as well but never the less it`ll be good to have a new team in the Premier league for the first time.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 27 Apr 2024, 12:49 am