West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

+12
Johnny K
carrick
Nicki
Kray JR
mottinghammer
Arran H
Campo
Geezer
Jiggs
Blakey
Suzanne Claret
Tony P
16 posters

Scott Parker to Spurts

Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Scott Parker to Spurts - Page 2 Empty Re: Scott Parker to Spurts

Post  Tony P Tue 30 Aug 2011, 7:15 pm

I don't begrudge him the move TBH. He has shone over the last 3 seasons in a crap side with crap managers - which ultimately culminated in relegation last season

He is 31 and will be too old to play in the next WC in 2014, so Euro 2012 is his one and only chance to play for his country at a major championships. Presumably he has spoken to Capello who has told him in no uncertain terms that if he wants to remain a fixture in the England set-up he needs to be playing in the PL

It is not Parker's fault that Spurs are hated by us or that they are the ONLY club to have matched our valuation of the player. Add to that the fact that his late father was a lifelong Spurs fan and Parker himself was a Spurs fan as a kid you can see why he is desperate for this move to go through before the deadline

He will get a warm round of applause from me when we play Spurs in the PL next season. Assuming that they don't get relegated of course Wink
    Geezer
    Geezer
    Reserves

Post  Geezer Tue 30 Aug 2011, 7:33 pm

What I don't get is why does he have to play in the prem to be sure of a place in the England team , and it's not 100% that he will start with the squad Crapello picks , does he play better in the prem than he would in the cocopops , I don't think so . I just hate the fact that that twitchy fucker has won again angry2
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Tue 30 Aug 2011, 7:58 pm

Geezer wrote:What I don't get is why does he have to play in the prem to be sure of a place in the England team , and it's not 100% that he will start with the squad Crapello picks , does he play better in the prem than he would in the cocopops , I don't think so . I just hate the fact that that twitchy fucker has won again angry2

I don't like it any more than you do Geezer but it seems clear to me that Crapello has had a word in his shell-like about playing in the PL
    Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs Tue 30 Aug 2011, 8:12 pm

I hate Crapello, almost as much as I hate Twitch and I despise Tottensum with a vengeance. So ultimately I abhor the thought of Parker the Yid.

I think he has made the wrong choice personally, by leaving us I mean. I doubt he will play much for the yids with the competition there, and therefore will not be seen by Crapello, not picked for England, or if he is, will be on the bench.

I suppose part of the reason for him playing in the prem, is that he will come up against a higher ranked defender, than the brutes in the chumps..........better practice for England games, and less chance of being injured, again IF he is selected.

I love you Scotty, and thank you for the four years that you gave West Ham United your all, often single handed......but you are a silly boy................

you could have been a West Ham legend. Sad

Last edited by Jiggs on Tue 30 Aug 2011, 8:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Johnny K
    Johnny K
    Academy

Post  Johnny K Tue 30 Aug 2011, 8:20 pm

To be honest I don't think anyone who has serious ambitions to play in the Euros next summer would risk a season out of the PL limelight. With the transfer window system in effect it's a long wait until the next opportunity to move & if our season goes pear shaped the likelihood is he would be out of the running completely. It's not right but its the facts.

I never thought we'd keep Scott so I've been resigned to losing him all along. I've been fairly happy with his performances this season, in comparison to, say, Carrick & Defoe when we last went down. As there have already been comments about him looking unhappy it could have ruined his WHU reputation completely had he stayed a full season & it all went sour. Now it gives Sam a chance to get his midfield on the pitch. Just a shame we had to do business with spurts, & especially under the current circumstances.
    Welshy
    Welshy
    Ball Boy/Girl

Post  Welshy Tue 30 Aug 2011, 8:32 pm

I don't begrudge him the move at all - would prefer it if it wasn't to the yids, but if they're the only ones who will pay the money, the future of the club is more important than one player.

He has given his all for us in the last 4 years and I believe that he would have seen out his career with us if we hadn't been relegated - his passion for the club and the fans I believe to be genuine, but as Tony said, this will be his last chance at a WC and there's no doubt that for all Crapello said on tv he didn't have to go to a PL club to secure his England spot, behind the scenes it's a different matter.

I just hope spuds play him enough to secure his place, I'd be gutted for him if he ends up not going because he doesn't play enough there.

Good luck Scottie, I hope the move is worth it for you.
    Geezer
    Geezer
    Reserves

Post  Geezer Tue 30 Aug 2011, 8:35 pm

Tony P wrote:
    Geezer wrote:What I don't get is why does he have to play in the prem to be sure of a place in the England team , and it's not 100% that he will start with the squad Crapello picks , does he play better in the prem than he would in the cocopops , I don't think so . I just hate the fact that that twitchy fucker has won again angry2

I don't like it any more than you do Geezer but it seems clear to me that Crapello has had a word in his shell-like about playing in the PL

But I thought Sir Trev had a word in Crapellos shell like the other week at UP to put the arsehole straight about these stupid unwritten rules regarding prem and playing for country . Seems the obnoxious prick was,nt listening or didn't savvy
    mottinghammer
    mottinghammer
    1st Team Bench

Post  mottinghammer Tue 30 Aug 2011, 9:37 pm

Thought of lots of things to say on this thread, but then thought fcuk it if he wants to be a yid then best he fcuks off now and spends his time shining his arse for £70k a week and a bit part slot in a shite eng er land squad. Could of been a proper leg end, now just another ex hammer.
    As for giving his all!! fcuk me on the wages he gets I expect blood, I know we never got that from lead boots dire and co, but like the rest of you I go to w**k and 'give my all' for considerably less a year than he gets a week, so if he can't be arsed to support (by helping them out of the chumps league) the club that has helped establish him as one of the best midfield players in England then he does not deserve anything from me. Fcuking hate Tottenham and all they stand for. 😠
    Nicki
    Nicki
    Academy

Post  Nicki Tue 30 Aug 2011, 11:35 pm

mottinghammer wrote:Thought of lots of things to say on this thread, but then thought fcuk it if he wants to be a yid then best he fcuks off now and spends his time shining his arse for £70k a week and a bit part slot in a shite eng er land squad. Could of been a proper leg end, now just another ex hammer.
    As for giving his all!! fcuk me on the wages he gets I expect blood, I know we never got that from lead boots dire and co, but like the rest of you I go to w**k and 'give my all' for considerably less a year than he gets a week, so if he can't be arsed to support (by helping them out of the chumps league) the club that has helped establish him as one of the best midfield players in England then he does not deserve anything from me. Fcuking hate Tottenham and all they stand for. 😠

I'm with you Motty. He was a big fish in a little pond here and thrived on it. You would think he would have learnt from his time at the cheats and barcodes that he wont get the same chances or respect he got here and will end up with splinters in his bum again. Don't say we didnt warn you Mr Parker. COYI!!!!!!!!!!!
    shaun of the thread
    shaun of the thread
    Boot Cleaner

Post  shaun of the thread Wed 31 Aug 2011, 12:50 am

I too dont begrudge him a move back to the prem. Just a shame its the spuds he going to.

I personally think its best allround. As i think we have had the best of him for last few years. If he is to stay he wont be fully in it. That would be a great shame for someone like him. Imo he aint been 100%committed last few games anyway. A move has been on his mind for a while , i also think the move might be for his late Dad. ( wasn't he a spuds fan ? ) We need players that want to be here and want to take the club forward.

The club and his team mates failed him last couple of seasons by not giving a fup while he did. He will allways be a player that i will be proud to talk about while talking about the Hammers.

Makes it easier to know this deal aint all about money and just trying to jump a sunken ship. It is about getting the best out of the time he has left as a player. As its been said before, not in his hands how England team is picked and where you have to play.

He will also have the chance to play in champs league instead of chumps. Good luck to him and hope he does well for his country. Been a good loyal player up to now.
    manurewa hammer
    manurewa hammer
    Reserves

Post  manurewa hammer Wed 31 Aug 2011, 7:47 am

Yeah, I tend to agree Shaun. However it would have been more palatable if it was any other club. :o
    Suzanne Claret
    Suzanne Claret
    1st Team Bench

Post  Suzanne Claret Wed 31 Aug 2011, 8:55 am

Welshy wrote:I don't begrudge him the move at all - would prefer it if it wasn't to the yids, but if they're the only ones who will pay the money, the future of the club is more important than one player.

He has given his all for us in the last 4 years and I believe that he would have seen out his career with us if we hadn't been relegated - his passion for the club and the fans I believe to be genuine, but as Tony said, this will be his last chance at a WC and there's no doubt that for all Crapello said on tv he didn't have to go to a PL club to secure his England spot, behind the scenes it's a different matter.

I just hope spuds play him enough to secure his place, I'd be gutted for him if he ends up not going because he doesn't play enough there.

Good luck Scottie, I hope the move is worth it for you.

^^this^^
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Wed 31 Aug 2011, 9:33 am

There is only one constant at any football club - the fans. Players come and go - and no matter how much they kiss the badge or pledge their undying love, it is a "job" to them. The modern day footballer will get as much out of the game (professionally and financially) in the 15 years (max) that they can

I have given up getting "upset" over players leaving. Over the years two players' departures really cut me up. Frank McAvennie when he went to Celtic and Rio when he went to Leeds

I am used to it now

Players will come and go but West Ham United FC will go on

All we can do is get behind the players who ARE wearing our shirt

COYI's !!
    Geezer
    Geezer
    Reserves

Post  Geezer Wed 31 Aug 2011, 10:02 am

Your right Tone , If it had been any other Prem club I would,nt have minded but going to THEM and HIM angry2
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Wed 31 Aug 2011, 10:18 am

Geezer wrote:Your right Tone , If it had been any other Prem club I would,nt have minded but going to THEM and HIM angry2

I know mate. It does make it more sickening I agree. But we have been here before with Defoe, Carrick and Kanoute. Add Parker to the list
    Nicki
    Nicki
    Academy

Post  Nicki Wed 31 Aug 2011, 10:44 am

So Parker is away on England duty - the transfer is about to go through - just WHEN did he have his medical?????
    Arran H
    Reserves

Post  Arran H Wed 31 Aug 2011, 11:20 am

Nicki wrote:So Parker is away on England duty - the transfer is about to go through - just WHEN did he have his medical?????

Probably had it when he missed our 4-1 win over forrest at the weekend 😢 just wish it wasnt spurs he was going to .
    Geezer
    Geezer
    Reserves

Post  Geezer Wed 31 Aug 2011, 12:14 pm

Tottenham are set to use David Bentley as a makeweight as they look to tie up a deal for England midfielder Scott Parker.
    The Lilywhites have tracked the West Ham star’s progress since Christmas and he is expected to make a move to north London before the close of the transfer window.
    It’s unknown whether the former Arsenal winger will join the Hammers on a permanent deal or on loan.
    Tottenham are also prepared to loan the Hammers highly-rated young striker Harry Kane as part of the package to tempt the East Londoners to let Parker leave.

Geezer
    Geezer
    Reserves

Post  Geezer Wed 31 Aug 2011, 2:58 pm

The deal is done , good luck dude , big mistake though
    Suzanne Claret
    Suzanne Claret
    1st Team Bench

Post  Suzanne Claret Wed 31 Aug 2011, 3:14 pm

We got the best out of him.

I hope he does well at Spurs but they still get relegated.
    mottinghammer
    mottinghammer
    1st Team Bench

Post  mottinghammer Wed 31 Aug 2011, 3:30 pm

As Tony said in football there is only one constant, the fans, so Parker has proved like most others he doesnt give a flying fcuk about them, so I dont really give a flying fcuk about his career from now on.

He has gone to a disgusting club and I hope they have a shite season and we pass them on the way up. Made the wrong choice Parker, could have been a leg end now just a Scott Parker to Spurts - Page 2 3725042725 at spurs 😠
    TaniaP
    Boot Cleaner

Post  TaniaP Fri 02 Sep 2011, 8:32 pm

mottinghammer wrote:As Tony said in football there is only one constant, the fans, so Parker has proved like most others he doesnt give a flying fcuk about them, so I dont really give a flying fcuk about his career from now on.

He has gone to a disgusting club and I hope they have a shite season and we pass them on the way up. Made the wrong choice Parker, could have been a leg end now just a Scott Parker to Spurts - Page 2 3725042725 at spurs 😠

clap clap
    Geezer
    Geezer
    Reserves

Post  Geezer Fri 09 Sep 2011, 4:58 pm

Now at squirts

"It's such a rollercoaster really. It's a mental drain at times. There were
    times when I thought I would be staying at West Ham and playing in the
    Championship

And that would of been so hard , staying with us in the cocopops for a season , you still sat on the bench for the last Ingerland game Twisted Evil
    Splinter nr 2
    Nicki
    Nicki
    Academy

Post  Nicki Fri 09 Sep 2011, 5:11 pm

After that statement I would laugh if he sat on the yids bench all season too!
    Geezer
    Geezer
    Reserves

Post  Geezer Fri 09 Sep 2011, 5:50 pm

Got a feeling he will Nicki

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 12 May 2024, 11:23 am