West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

5 posters

Transfer update

Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Transfer update  Empty Transfer update

Post  Admin Mon 16 Jan 2012, 4:54 pm

Nicked from WHTID

Okay, so we are halfway there and have currently completed only the one deal this month with centre back George John joining on an initial 2 month loan with a view to a permanent switch. We remain in the hunt for at the very least 1 further addition but are hoping for two more players to arrive before the close of the window later this month.

It appears that Maeda who had a successful trial, regardless to widespread reports that he didn’t do well, could not agree terms on a deal which would have seen him join Whu. I’m told Big Sam was very impressed with the Japanese born striker but the player failed to agree on the terms in place and has now travelled back to his present club. That deal I can now confirm is dead.

Talksport have today run a story linking us with Yannick Sagbo, a striker who I honestly don’t know a great deal about. He is the half brother of Guy Demel and Big Sam has confirmed that we have watched him play but no further than that. Keep a look out for developments on this one.

My source this morning confirmed our interest in Burnley striker Jay Rodriguez and also Watford striker Marvin Sordell with bids in for both players, that being a second bid of an improved £2.5m for Sordell. We currently await an answer in regards to both players. Reports regarding Sharp’s transfer collapse to Leicester have currently come to nothing as no further offer from Whu has gone in as of yet. I’ll let you know if that changes.

Celik, a wide player who is currently a free agent is still hoped that a deal can be struck but there has been no further developments on this at the moment that I can report.

January is certainly proving to be an extremely difficult window to attract players into the club but I can assure fans that Whu are trying there very best to get the players in but it hasn’t been easy. They remain optimistic though that a few deals can be done soon. Keep on the look out!

On a side note, anyone else see Karen Brady on Sky Sports News today. She has spoken out saying that we may opt against putting a bid in for the OS and instead stay at Upton Park and try to push plans ahead for redevelopments to the ground. Well DG said on twitter that this was a no go. Will be very interesting to see what goes on there.

Not from WHTID

West Ham United are reportedly interested in signing Aston Villa midfielder Fabian Delph.

The 20-year-old is available on loan but is believed to favour a move back to former club Leeds United.

Delph left Elland Road in 2009 for almost £8m but has suffered a series of injuries at Villa Park.

Do we really need another midfielder and do we really need another sick-note
    manurewa hammer
    manurewa hammer
    Reserves

Transfer update  Empty Re: Transfer update

Post  manurewa hammer Tue 17 Jan 2012, 6:31 am

No we don't need another midfeilder, and defo not another sicknote! :x
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Wed 18 Jan 2012, 10:06 am

confirmed by sullivan jnr

2 bids went in yesterday for front men
    1 bid for £3.5M and one for £5M

interesting one, Leeds flogging thier captain to the canaries , cant see that going down well upt north
    mottinghammer
    mottinghammer
    1st Team Bench

Post  mottinghammer Wed 18 Jan 2012, 11:41 am

ThreeWheeling wrote:confirmed by sullivan jnr

interesting one, Leeds flogging thier captain to the canaries , cant see that going down well upt north

Lids fans will be livid about that, but more importantly who might we be going for? Cant see 'Uddersfiled going for a £5m deal on Rhodes, they will get more at the end of the season from a premiership club and will prob be up then themsleves. £3.5m would seem a lot for Sharp so who, who, who............(Great band, who's next my favourite ever album cheesey grin )
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Wed 18 Jan 2012, 11:45 am

the 3.5 could be for sordell, but as for the 5M no idea :?:

I been on the Lids boards , they are going apeshit, expect to see some 'Bates out' banners, they are at home at the weekend too cheesey grin
    mottinghammer
    mottinghammer
    1st Team Bench

Post  mottinghammer Wed 18 Jan 2012, 11:57 am

Hmm never heard of him but looked him up on the Watford site, 10 goals in 27 games this season, only 21 and English, could be a useful foil to Baldrick and give options with the tree. Potential without a doubt, but I agree with Arran we need a proven goalscore at this level just hope the £5m is for some quality. (and gets accepted)
    Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs Wed 18 Jan 2012, 12:53 pm

ThreeWheeling wrote:confirmed by sullivan jnr

Teasing us now eh? Or maybe winding Bagpuss up... cheesey grin

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content