West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

5 posters

Papa Bouba Diop and his return to the promised land of course .....

Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Papa Bouba Diop and his return to the promised land of course ..... Empty Papa Bouba Diop and his return to the promised land of course .....

Post  Admin Wed 04 Apr 2012, 5:09 pm

Nicked of course from the offish Smile

Papa Bouba Diop is ready to end two-and-a-half months of frustration by returning to first-team action in time to boost West Ham United's hopes of gaining automatic promotion.

The influential Senegal international has left a big gap in the heart of the Hammers midfield since he was sidelined with a hamstring injury during the 2-1 npower Championship win over Nottingham Forest on 21 January.

Diop's absence has coincided with a run of seven home matches without a victory and the No21 is desperate to play his part in helping West Ham climb back into the top two.

The 34-year-old was in typically imperious form in Tuesday's Development Squad win at Queens Park Rangers and told West Ham TV of his delight at returning to action.

"I am glad to come to w**k again," said Diop. "I am happy w**k and play with the team. I worked hard to keep the ball and win it back and now I want to help the club.

"I am OK. I am OK. I am running, chasing the ball, passing and moving. I played for one hour and I worked hard and I'm pleased with my fitness. If the manager wants me to play, I am ready."

Diop admitted to being fed-up over the past ten weeks after being injured while in rare form for Sam Allardyce's side.

"It's been hard for me because when I was injured I was in top form," said the 2002 FIFA World Cup veteran. "If you see, when the physio came on I had my head in my hands and was thinking 'Oh no!'.

"That is why I have worked hard because I want to get back. I protected my hamstring and I think it's OK. I will take it day by day and keep working. I am strong mentally and this is the most important thing."

The defensive midfielder said it is important that every West Ham player shows similar mental toughness over the final six games of the season, with an automatic promotion place certainly not out of the question.

"I told the players this is a very hard time for everybody - players, fans and staff - so you cannot lose your head. You must be positive and stick together because if you play together and do everything we need, I think we can go to the Premier League. I believe this.

"You cannot put pressure on yourself. It is 11v11, you know. It is all in the head. If you tell yourself you can do something, you can do it if you believe. We can do it. We can go to the Premier League."

I,m glad he is confident WH Flag

Last edited by Admin on Wed 04 Apr 2012, 7:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Arran H
    Reserves

Papa Bouba Diop and his return to the promised land of course ..... Empty Re: Papa Bouba Diop and his return to the promised land of course .....

Post  Arran H Wed 04 Apr 2012, 6:39 pm

woohoo With Noble Injured for the next 3 or more games Iam so happy Diop is back WH Flag !!!

V Barnsley :442
    Green.McCartney.Tomkins.Faye.O`Brien.Vaz Te.Nolan.Diop.Collison.Maynard.Baldock
    SUBS:Lansbury.O`Neil.Cole.Faubert.Carew
    manurewa hammer
    manurewa hammer
    Reserves

Papa Bouba Diop and his return to the promised land of course ..... Empty Re: Papa Bouba Diop and his return to the promised land of course .....

Post  manurewa hammer Thu 05 Apr 2012, 9:19 am

Demel for O,brien, Reid for Faye, Cole to start, and O'neill for Collison. Thers your side matey
    Kray JR
    Kray JR
    Reserves

Post  Kray JR Thu 05 Apr 2012, 1:56 pm

Why Reid for Faye ?

apart from the mistake against Reading Faye has been solid when played.

Reid always looks like a mistake waiting to happen when I have seen him.

I think the starting 11 should be :

Green
    Faubert Faye Tomkins McCartney
    Lansbury Collison Diop Taylor
    Maynard Baldock

Unfortunately it wont be anything like that and will probably be more like :

Green
    Demel Faye Collins McCartney
    O'Brien O'Neil Tomkins Diop Nolan
    Cole

Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Thu 05 Apr 2012, 2:41 pm

Well one thing is right dude and you can bet your left nut on it , Nolan will be in the starting 11
    Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs Thu 05 Apr 2012, 4:38 pm

I prefer Poo-Bear at right mid....

Can't we do this.... confu

Green
    Reid Faye Tomkins McCartney
    Faubert Nolan Diop Taylor
    Vaz Te Baldock

Subs: Maynard Lansbury Collison Demel Collins
    Taken out the back and shot: Cole

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 28 Apr 2024, 4:25 pm