West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

Quotes from the 2012 Euros

Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Quotes from the 2012 Euros Empty Quotes from the 2012 Euros

Post  Admin Mon 02 Jul 2012, 10:06 am

Queers in the national team? That's their business. But I hope not.”
    Antonio Cassano

“Why hasn't the likes of Pirlo played in England? Is he homophobic?”
    Phil Brown

"There's Cassano, powering one into Ashley Cole's backside.”
    BBC commentator Guy Mowbray

“The Dutch have a good record against Holland.”
    ITV commentator Clive Tyldesley

“He's got such a great leap. It's like an NFL basketball player”
    Martin Keown offering his thoughts on Cristiano Ronaldo during the Portugal and Czech Republic game

“Balotelli hasn't achieved anything in his career yet.”
    Alan Shearer and Le Tournoi de France winner on the Man City striker who at 21, has won the Premier League, the FA Cup, the Champions League, the Italian Cup plus Serie A on three occasions, not to mention firing his team to the Euro 2012 final

“It was obvious that we gave everything on the pitch, we gave it our best shot. I can honestly say that my soul was left on that pitch, and I think I need a few people to carry me off the pitch because I was literally dead.”
    Ivan Rakitić after Croatia's exit from Euro 2012

“We're like 11 bulldogs who will never give up and basically die on the pitch.”
    Ashley Cole

“You are looking for s***, you are looking for trouble. F*** you.”
    Samir Nasri insults a French journalist

"When you've lost, you're more hot-blooded. It got heated, but we all cooled down after a good shower.”
    Laurent Blanc

“Del Bosque has played his hand here. It’s almost like a game of chess.”
    Martin Keown. Again

"I have no problems sleeping at night. I don't lie awake watching videos or DVDs. And when I sleep I dream that we win, and when I wake up, I wake up happy. When the players rest... I'll rest too, and maybe I'll dream. That's the important thing with dreams - a wise man once said that if you're going to realise your dreams, you have to be awake. I hope in some way to experience us achieving our dreams."
    Sweden manager Erik Hamren before the match against Ukraine

"I watched the game again last night. I was up to 4.30am but I am not complaining. You have the life you deserve. We weren't good enough. We are not happy with the game and the first half was bad."
    Erik Hamren following Sweden's loss to Ukraine

"It is time we let go of these pathetic egos. If somebody is creating a mess [within the squad], I will stand up against them. We don't need a psychologist with the Dutch team, we are grown-up men. The ones who have a problem with other players or the manager should tell them face to face. That is the only psychology we need. We have to stop living on little islands."
    Wesley Sneijder

"I have the right to speak out with 97 caps behind my name. If Holland want to win, the coach has to play me in the starting line-up. I am no longer prepared to deny I am finding this role really tough. Do you know how frustrated I feel? I feel like a young dog that is dying to get out but is caged in."
    Rafael Van Der Vaart

Current date/time is Thu 02 May 2024, 12:00 pm