West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

+3
Arran H
Abbi Normal
Kray JR
7 posters

I think you could say Baldock is out of the 1st team picture......

Kray JR
    Kray JR
    Reserves

I think you could say Baldock is out of the 1st team picture...... Empty I think you could say Baldock is out of the 1st team picture......

Post  Kray JR Wed 08 Aug 2012, 7:20 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Northampton nick late win

Sam Baldock was on target as the Development Squad lost out 3-1 at npower League Two side Northampton Town on Tuesday.

With a 20-man first-team squad away in Portugal ahead of Friday's clash with SC Braga, Ian Hendon took a side mixing youth and experience to the Sixfields Stadium, with Baldock joined in the starting lineup by Frederic Piquionne, Jordan Spence and Rob Hall.

Managed by Aidy Boothroyd, Northampton featured former Hammers left-back Joe Widdowson in their starting XI, while striker Clive Platt netted for Coventry City against West Ham in the npower Championship last season.

Both sides traded chances during an entertaining 90 minutes, with Piquionne particularly unlucky not to add to the hat-trick he netted in Saturday's victory at AFC Wimbledon. Jack Powell, Baldock and Hall also saw opportunities go begging.

As it was, Platt's early opener was cancelled out by Baldock five minutes after half-time, but two goals in the final 20 minutes from Kelvin Langmead and Alex Nicholls gave the Cobblers the win.

Speaking after the game, coach Ian Hendon was pleased with his side's overall performance and believes with a little more luck they could have come away with a win.

"We played very well tonight and I won't criticise the lads because on another night they could have come away with a lot more from that performance.

"Jack hit the crossbar when we were 1-0 down with a free-kick and Sam Baldock had one hit him that could have gone anywhere, but unfortunately for us it wasn't to be."

Hendon was pleased with his side's response as the Hammers applied immense pressure during the latter stages of the first half, with Baldock and Rob Hall both going close.

"The team reacted well and like I said before with a bit more luck we could have found ourselves back in the game when we went 2-1 down. We have a little bit of w**k to do this week with a few days before we face Dagenham and Redbridge, but we played well and we will continue to do so.

"A few of the lads may need a rest with the start of the season just ten days away, but that will give a few of the younger members of the squad a good opportunity against a good team."

Hendon also believes that disappointing results will only serve to benefit the youngsters in his team, explaining that in order for them to progress they need to experience both sides of the game.

"It was basic defending from a set piece that cost us tonight, and although that is disappointing we are playing with 16-year-olds against big, powerful, experienced centre forwards.

"The clue is in the title 'Development Squad' and that's what I'm seeing during every week. We did well to get ourselves back into the game and we continued to create chances which is pleasing. The scoreline is misleading as we were much better than it suggests."

Hall impressed once more and Hendon is delighted with his reaction after returning to the Development Squad following a spell with the first team.

"Rob is listening, learning, and getting better day by day. He may find this season that he drops in and out, but if he keeps his consistency up then he will continue to impress regardless of what side he is in."

Hendon also praised the West Ham supporters who turned out in force, with 269 traveling to the Sixfields Stadium.

The Development Squad travel to Dagenham and Redbridge on Saturday to round off their pre-season preparations before facing Reading in their first Barclays Under-21 Premier League match at the Rush Green Stadium on Friday 17 August at 7pm.

Development Squad: Larkins, Chambers, Fanimo, Powell, Spence, Wearen, Baldock, Lletget, Piquionne, Turgott, Hall
    Subs: Guzman Rosique, McCallum, Vose, Miles, Sadlier, Shaw, D.Tombides
    Abbi Normal
    Abbi Normal
    Academy

I think you could say Baldock is out of the 1st team picture...... Empty Re: I think you could say Baldock is out of the 1st team picture......

Post  Abbi Normal Wed 08 Aug 2012, 7:25 pm

bulldog must have upset fat sam .....

Arran H
    Reserves

I think you could say Baldock is out of the 1st team picture...... Empty Re: I think you could say Baldock is out of the 1st team picture......

Post  Arran H Wed 08 Aug 2012, 7:40 pm

Its a shame that Baldock doesn`t look like he will be given a chance to play in the prem with us this year , I think he will/would surprise alot of prem defences with his quick pace and his eye for the goal !

Tho I think Maynard is a good striker out of the two I would say Baldock would cause more problems for defences then Maynard , dont know why , i just think would WH Flag

So Our srtike force looks like this so far :
    Cole
    Maige
    Baldock
    Maynard
    Piquionne ???
    Vaz Te

Suppose its not a bad strike force to have , its not the best but I wouldnt say its the worst tbh in the prem .
    JulianDicksLeftKnee
    JulianDicksLeftKnee
    Reserves

Post  JulianDicksLeftKnee Wed 08 Aug 2012, 9:49 pm

Not bad? Pretty shit awful I'd say. Only two have performed in the Prem; Cole and Piq-and been pretty shit! V;az Te may just be a one season Championship wonder but I doubt he will be trusted with a lone striker role and be used on the flanks.

Maynard and Baldock barely played last season in a lower tier league and nobody knows deck all about Maiga!
    Sir Ian
    Sir Ian
    Academy

Post  Sir Ian Thu 09 Aug 2012, 7:09 am

all strikers except cole and piquionne are unknown at this level, cole can handle it but also could just as well be pants, piquionne is a worthless bag of shit and that is being extremely kind to him and rather unfair to a bag of shit!! vaz te was a flop at the prem level when he was a kid and was without a club of any kind until barnsley signed him last august/september so anything could happen with him, the others have never played there and baldock wasn't even given a fair shake at championship level last year so i doubt he will get to even walk on the pitch this season, so it dont bode that promisingly. nope
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Thu 09 Aug 2012, 7:14 am

Unless we play 4-4-2 then just isn't a place for Sam Baldock in the side. Unlike Maynard he cannot play up top on his own. His only option is to play wide right in a front three. I would rather send him out on loan to the Championship for a year than to sell him

None of our other strikers have covered themselves in glory at Premiership level in the past so that worries me

We need PROVEN Premiership-class strikers and quick !! Defoe & Saha both fit the bill IMO
    Sir Ian
    Sir Ian
    Academy

Post  Sir Ian Thu 09 Aug 2012, 7:55 am

Tony P wrote:Unless we play 4-4-2 then just isn't a place for Sam Baldock in the side. Unlike Maynard he cannot play up top on his own. His only option is to play wide right in a front three. I would rather send him out on loan to the Championship for a year than to sell him

None of our other strikers have covered themselves in glory at Premiership level in the past so that worries me

We need PROVEN Premiership-class strikers and quick !! Defoe & Saha both fit the bill IMO
    i agree tony but i would go for saha before defoe as i think he plays better up top on his jack and i think we will be playing with just the 1 up mostly, although i think defoe is better than saha i think we are better off getting the player that will fit our way of playing.
    shaun of the thread
    shaun of the thread
    Boot Cleaner

Post  shaun of the thread Thu 09 Aug 2012, 10:37 pm

Shame really as he was one I was looking forward to seeing more off. Surely the teams who generally come up , most of them have a good first season due to the prem teams not knowing these players and their games, that's why some finish better than the top 10-15 . Then the following season you either spend big or risk going back down. He could be the one that changes the game or get a goal or two.
    I hope we give him untill the window at least.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 28 Apr 2024, 9:31 am