West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

4 posters

Fire Sale at UP

Geezer
    Geezer
    Reserves

Fire Sale at UP Empty Fire Sale at UP

Post  Geezer Thu 28 Apr 2011, 3:34 pm

West Ham co-owner David Sullivan has vowed to stick around if West Ham are relegated – but admitted many of their stars would be sold if they do go down.

Avram Grant’s side are bottom of the Barclays Premier League with only four games to play and Sullivan rated the club’s chances of beating the drop at ’25 to 30 per cent’.

Football Writers' Player of the Year Scott Parker would almost certainly be signed by a Premier League club if West Ham go down, while Carlton Cole, Robert Green and captain Matthew Upson, who is out of contract at the end of the season, would most likely move on.

‘There would be a £40million hole in our cash flow, which would have to be met by myself and (co-owner) David Gold,’ said Sullivan.

‘There would have to be a dramatic change in players coming and going as we could only keep those who are committed to the club and willing to play in the Championship.

‘We would also be totally committed to getting promoted immediately.’

Sullivan added: ‘It would be a huge setback if we were to go down but this is the club we support and David and I see it as a long-term project.

‘Whatever happens we will be sticking with the club. There is no more pressure than the pressure we put on ourselves.

‘We still have at least a 25 to 30 per cent chance of staying up so all is not yet lost.’

This is a déjà vu moment , I,d hate to see Green go , captain fantastic can fcuk right awf , Cole , he can hold lead boots hand on the way out the door , Super Scott will probably exit looking for a final crack at europe but if he,s got his head screwed on right he will stay as I think he would have a long term future at UP after his playing days are up. Oh how I hate this feeling , been there too many times over the years .

Suzanne Claret
    Suzanne Claret
    1st Team Bench

Fire Sale at UP Empty Re: Fire Sale at UP

Post  Suzanne Claret Thu 28 Apr 2011, 4:02 pm

I hate that he seems to be preparing us (the fans) for what
    will happen when we are relegated. I
    know it will be bad I just don’t need him telling me so. 🇳🇴
    Johnny K
    Johnny K
    Academy

Post  Johnny K Thu 28 Apr 2011, 4:10 pm

Unfortunately, now Parker is back in the England squad, I think he is going to fancy a crack at the Euros next summer & will believe he can only do that in the PL. To be honest I'd understand if SP did go. He came to the club as a last big move with promises of a crack at the big time that the owners (Icelanders) were giving the impression they would bankroll. He's kept his part of the bargain, never given less than 100%, but what he's mostly had to face is relegation battles. Many players with his profile & form would have walked away long before.
    Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs Thu 28 Apr 2011, 4:43 pm

Makes me finguck sick......how many more times do we have to build up, just to sell to survive.

I don't know if I'm glad GAS are staying or not ........ I feel they should have been concentrating more on staying in the prem than getting the keys to that other stupid stadium....wankers.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 17 May 2024, 4:16 am