West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

+8
SemiOldIron
Jiggs
Tony P
Blakey
Sir Ian
Suzanne Claret
Kray JR
Campo
12 posters

Paralympics Team GB thread

Suzanne Claret
    Suzanne Claret
    1st Team Bench

Paralympics Team GB thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Paralympics Team GB thread

Post  Suzanne Claret Fri 07 Sep 2012, 8:52 am

cheesey grin
    Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs Fri 07 Sep 2012, 9:59 am

rofl
    lizzie
    lizzie
    Academy

Post  lizzie Sat 08 Sep 2012, 6:02 pm

Am at the Paralympics waiting to see the 100m freestyle for the deaf - gonna be here for fupping ages!
    Blakey
    Blakey
    Reserves

Post  Blakey Sun 09 Sep 2012, 9:52 am

lizzie wrote:Am at the Paralympics waiting to see the 100m freestyle for the deaf - gonna be here for fupping ages!

The starter has tourettes

Ready,

Steady,

fcuk OFF!
    Sir Ian
    Sir Ian
    Academy

Post  Sir Ian Sun 09 Sep 2012, 2:05 pm

david weir is clearly just a finguck god!!! Bow Bow british flag
    Suzanne Claret
    Suzanne Claret
    1st Team Bench

Post  Suzanne Claret Mon 10 Sep 2012, 8:41 am

The OS – A view from the North Bank

Ian and I went to the Paralympics athletics on Friday. We were 7 rows from the front, in the north end so the view was great although I couldn't quite see what was going on at the far end and had to watch on the big screen (I do have to wear glasses though). The atmosphere and acoustics were brilliant, every time a GB athlete appeared the place went mental, it made the hairs on the back of my neck stand on end. They played music over the PA (not intrusively like at Wembley) and when twist and shout came on me and him indoors had to join in. A ground is what we (the fans) make it so from that point of view it could w**k.

BUT. Leaving aside how brilliant the Paralympics were, how well it was organised from a spectator point of view. How well they developed the area and the travel infrastructure and looking only at the stadium itself. In its present form it is totally unsuitable for club football. The concession stands are temporary structures and are outside the stadium. The only fixed structures are the toilets. It is too open and far too big. I don't know anything about the building trade or what you would need to do from a technical point of view to make it fit for club football but I have been to a lot of sports and concert venues and we will need to sink millions into it to get it anywhere near suitable. I would also worry about how you would segregate fans, how from a crowd control point of view you could make it safe. It cannot host club football in its current state, So until genuine plans are made available to us I remain undecided. But I do worry that regardless of its suitability we will end up there.
    Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs Tue 11 Sep 2012, 10:07 am

So that's a huge redevelopment then, not just a case of removing the top tier of seats, adding a bit of roof and retractable seating. But the club know this, and are on to it....right?

I wear glasses too, and presume you had yours on Suzanne, but still couldn't see what was going on at the far end.

Two scenarios here then......Mainly because of the running track it's either too far to see, or you should have gone to Specsavers dear.... handgren

JulianDicksLeftKnee
    JulianDicksLeftKnee
    Reserves

Post  JulianDicksLeftKnee Tue 11 Sep 2012, 1:47 pm

Simple solution. Have the pitch as close to the "home" end as possible and keep as many seats as possible that end. Make the other end away fans only and sod them!

Its a £94m estimated refit so safe to say they foresee major works. We alone won't benefit, and will rent for £10m a season-get 40k average at £20 profit a seat and that's the rent covered and some.

It will be used all year long one way or the other-look at the o2, white elephant to glowing success.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 27 Apr 2024, 1:40 am