West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

+4
Suzanne Claret
Sir Ian
alfiehammer
Admin
8 posters

Redknapp Let Fan Play For West Ham

Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Redknapp Let Fan Play For West Ham Empty Redknapp Let Fan Play For West Ham

Post  Admin Tue 11 Sep 2012, 6:55 pm

Did,nt know this jawdrop

This is weird. But also kind of brilliant. Apparently when Portsmouth boss 'Arry Redknapp was assistant manager West Ham in 1994 (where he later blooded half the current England team I might add) he let a fan who was heckling his players pull on a shirt and play for the Hammers in a pre-season friendly. Seriously. Read this:

"Lee Chapman was playing for us at the time," recounts Redknapp. "All through the first half some tattooed skinhead behind me was giving Lee terrible stick. At half-time I turned to this bloke who had West Ham etched on his neck and asked 'Can you play as good as you talk?' He looked totally confused. So I told him he was going to get his dream to play for West Ham. We sent him down the tunnel and he reappeared 10 minutes later all done out in the strip. He ran on to the pitch and a journalist from the local Oxford paper sidled up and asked 'Who's that Harry?' I said 'What? Haven't you been watching the World Cup? That's the great Bulgarian Tittyshev!' The fella wasn't bad – actually, he scored!" The fella in question was a 27-year-old called Steve Davies who had given up park football six years earlier.
    alfiehammer
    alfiehammer
    Reserves

Redknapp Let Fan Play For West Ham Empty Re: Redknapp Let Fan Play For West Ham

Post  alfiehammer Tue 11 Sep 2012, 7:32 pm

Did that come from his autobiography? I think I heard it before but it's a nice anecdote
    Sir Ian
    Sir Ian
    Academy

Post  Sir Ian Tue 11 Sep 2012, 7:56 pm

can you smell that??

sheep is it?

no no no BULLSHIT!

as del boy would say
    Suzanne Claret
    Suzanne Claret
    1st Team Bench

Post  Suzanne Claret Wed 12 Sep 2012, 8:28 am

To be honest I wouldnt trust anything Rednapp has to say…
    Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs Wed 12 Sep 2012, 9:15 am

Me neither......attention seeker Rolling Eyes
    mottinghammer
    mottinghammer
    1st Team Bench

Post  mottinghammer Wed 12 Sep 2012, 10:21 am

Have heard the storybeofre, would be nice if the man involved (the fan not the twitcher) came forward and said yeah that was me...........or someone else at the game would verify it. Otherwise what thae ladies said.
    Kray JR
    Kray JR
    Reserves

Post  Kray JR Thu 13 Sep 2012, 4:54 pm

I remember that, im sure it was in the paper the day after it happened.
    JulianDicksLeftKnee
    JulianDicksLeftKnee
    Reserves

Post  JulianDicksLeftKnee Thu 13 Sep 2012, 5:11 pm

It was. People get a bit excitable by the words Harry Redknapp!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 26 Apr 2024, 11:54 am