West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

+11
Jiggs
Chas Hammer
Admin
alfiehammer
IronDane
Nicki
manurewa hammer
SemiOldIron
Campo
Tony P
Charlie Ham
15 posters

Carroll can be recalled?

Charlie Ham
    Charlie Ham
    1st Team Bench

Carroll can be recalled? Empty Carroll can be recalled?

Post  Charlie Ham Fri 12 Oct 2012, 5:50 pm

Looks like David Gold has confirmed that Andy Carroll can be recalled.
    See tweet below.

Mark Shemie‏@anchorman93

@DavidGoldWHU With Fabio Borini out with what looks like a seirous injury do you expect Liverpool to recall Andy Carroll in January David?

Collapse

6:57 AM - 12 Oct 12 · Details

1hDavid Gold‏@DavidGoldWHU

@anchorman93 I fear they might but I hope they won't

Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Carroll can be recalled? Empty Re: Carroll can be recalled?

Post  Tony P Fri 12 Oct 2012, 6:08 pm

I think we all already knew that anyway mate
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Fri 12 Oct 2012, 6:30 pm

maybe they wont need to

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

SemiOldIron
    SemiOldIron
    Academy

Post  SemiOldIron Fri 12 Oct 2012, 9:03 pm

Never mind about worrying what will happen in January, let's get Carroll through his spell with England without getting crocked. Rolling Eyes
    manurewa hammer
    manurewa hammer
    Reserves

Post  manurewa hammer Sat 13 Oct 2012, 2:36 am

He doesn't want to go back now.
    Nicki
    Nicki
    Academy

Post  Nicki Sat 13 Oct 2012, 2:32 pm

Liverpool are also said to be looking at getting Ba in January so wont be room for Carroll - fingers crossed. It would take a great amount of humble pie for Rodgers to recall him anyway
    IronDane
    IronDane
    Reserves

Post  IronDane Sat 13 Oct 2012, 9:23 pm

yes but rumours also have that nufc will be looking to swap ba for carroll Sad
    manurewa hammer
    manurewa hammer
    Reserves

Post  manurewa hammer Sat 13 Oct 2012, 11:14 pm

Mud! Sad
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Sun 14 Oct 2012, 1:33 pm

IronDane wrote:yes but rumours also have that nufc will be looking to swap ba for carroll Sad

can not see the scouse throwing away that sort of money
    if we are prepared to pay the £17-19M (and already have pre-agreed the cash) , why would the scouse do a swap with the barcodes when Ba will cost them only half of that
    it would mean the scouse have paid in effect £34M for Ba

its a no brainer to flog Carrol to us for the amount above, sign Ba and still have over £10M in the skyrocket for further purchases
    alfiehammer
    alfiehammer
    Reserves

Post  alfiehammer Sun 14 Oct 2012, 4:15 pm

If Newcastle know Liverpool had £17 million in their skyrockets then why would they only charge £7 million for Ba. The clause in his contract, I think, has expired?
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Sun 14 Oct 2012, 7:46 pm

then i stand corrected cheesey grin forgot that the clause had expired doh
    Nicki
    Nicki
    Academy

Post  Nicki Sun 14 Oct 2012, 10:57 pm

The clause in his contract will be reactivated in January window apparently.
    manurewa hammer
    manurewa hammer
    Reserves

Post  manurewa hammer Mon 15 Oct 2012, 7:11 am

What appens if we are riding high in 3rd or 4th come January?!!!
    Just askin like. Wink
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Fri 19 Oct 2012, 7:56 am

Rodgers not considering Carroll recall

ESPN staff
    October 18, 2012

Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers has no plans to recall Andy Carroll from West Ham in January despite a shortage of strikers.

Fabio Borini is facing up to three months on the sidelines after breaking a bone in his foot, leaving Luis Suarez as the club's only senior forward.

And Rodgers has acknowledged that he may not be able to play Suarez in every game between now and January, when the transfer window will offer a chance to sign reinforcements.

It means that the Liverpool manager faces having to shuffle his squad to fill the attacking roles over the next two-and-a-half months. But even though he has the option to bring back Carroll in January, Rodgers says he has not considered it.

"It's not something I've considered, to be honest," Rodgers said. "Andy's a player who has gone out to get games, and that's what's happened. Obviously, we have people watching Andy when he plays, and report back on how he's doing. But at this minute, Fabio's situation has just come up, so we'll assess it from there."

Rodgers allowed the England international to join West Ham on a season-long loan in August, on the understanding that he would be able to get a replacement in before the transfer deadline closed. But a deal to bring Clint Dempsey to Anfield from Fulham fell through, and the United States international joined Tottenham instead.

With Borini injured, Suarez faces an extra burden and although the Uruguayan has indicated that he would be happy to play in every Premier League, Europa League and Capital One Cup game between now and the turn of the year, Rodgers is wary of asking too much.

"That's something I need to assess," the Liverpool manager said. "The most important thing is winning games. That's what we need to do. And in order to do that as often as we can, I need the best players on the field.

"Luis playing three times a week, he will absolutely love that, but I need to try to nurture him, because there are still many games I need to play between now and January. And even if we bring people in then, that may not arrive on January 1."

Teenagers Samed Yesil and Adam Morgan are among the younger options Rodgers has in reserve, but the manager is wary of throwing them in at the deep end.

"It's very difficult for young players," he said. "We've got other players who will be around who we might use. We've got a bit of flexibility within the team.

"But it's been great for me to see the young players. Young Adam has scored a couple of goals recently in the reserves. He did very well and scored an excellent game away at Middlesbrough and one in the home game against Fulham.

"And obviously young Samed Yesil is a goalscorer. But it's just a case of weighing up whether they can come in or not. I've been able to do that with a few of the other players. As you've seen, if I believe they have that talent and personality then I will put them in.

"But not every young player can play. This is an unforgiving league, so my job is to nurture the talent and not destroy it."

Read more at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ... 2L7Ms6L.99
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Fri 19 Oct 2012, 8:28 am

thats a good sign, i can see the daves coughing up for Carroll in the summer if he want to stay
    Chas Hammer
    Boot Cleaner

Post  Chas Hammer Fri 19 Oct 2012, 2:53 pm

manurewa hammer wrote:What appens if we are riding high in 3rd or 4th come January?!!!
    Just askin like. Wink

Then we spend the next 3 months getting nothing but draws and the balance of the season fighting relegation.
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Fri 19 Oct 2012, 4:34 pm

Oh yea of little faith
    Chas Hammer
    Boot Cleaner

Post  Chas Hammer Fri 19 Oct 2012, 4:41 pm

Admin wrote:Oh yea of little faith

Just trying to ward off the evils ...

I am also not happy about being "happy with the draw", would be better off wining one and loosing one rather than saying "we have not lost a game in the last 13 outings" just my humble opinion.

Last edited by Chas Hammer on Fri 19 Oct 2012, 4:44 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : "than" added)
    Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs Fri 19 Oct 2012, 7:10 pm

Every Time I read something that Rodgers has said, he comes across as having lost contact with his mothership! Bill Shankley must be turning in his grave......
    SemiOldIron
    SemiOldIron
    Academy

Post  SemiOldIron Sat 20 Oct 2012, 10:42 am

One is left wondering whether this dogged refusal to acknowledge that letting Carroll go was a mistake is from Rodgers himself, or actually from the club management and Rodgers just has to be the mouthpiece. Whichever it is, Carroll must have really pissed off somebody. Could it have been the sainted Gerrrrrarrrd ??
    alfiehammer
    alfiehammer
    Reserves

Post  alfiehammer Sat 20 Oct 2012, 11:37 am

Doiuf had a lot to say on the subject of gerrard...
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Sat 03 Nov 2012, 9:45 am

BRENDAN RODGERS says he is desperate to sign three strikers in January – but has told Andy Carroll he still has no use for him.

There appears to be no way back for record-signing Carroll, who has been loaned to West Ham after 44 games and just six goals since his £35million move from tomorrow’s visitors to Anfield, Newcastle.

Liverpool retain an option to recall the 23-year-old England striker, who has complained that he was not given a real opportunity to make an impression after moving to Merseyside.

But Rodgers, whose only fit senior striker is Luis Suarez, said: “That is not something I have considered.

“There is no point me bringing him back if he is not going to be playing games, but is playing games week- in, week-out for West Ham.

“Andy said when we spoke that he wanted to play and I haven’t thought that will change if he comes back.”

Looks like he could be staying Smile
    Charlie Ham
    Charlie Ham
    1st Team Bench

Post  Charlie Ham Sat 03 Nov 2012, 10:50 am

If he stays I hope he start scoring for us.
    From today would be good.
    SemiOldIron
    SemiOldIron
    Academy

Post  SemiOldIron Sat 03 Nov 2012, 11:48 am

Admin wrote:BRENDAN RODGERS says he is desperate to sign three strikers in January – but has told Andy Carroll he still has no use for him.

There appears to be no way back for record-signing Carroll, who has been loaned to West Ham after 44 games and just six goals since his £35million move from tomorrow’s visitors to Anfield, Newcastle.

Liverpool retain an option to recall the 23-year-old England striker, who has complained that he was not given a real opportunity to make an impression after moving to Merseyside.

But Rodgers, whose only fit senior striker is Luis Suarez, said: “That is not something I have considered.

“There is no point me bringing him back if he is not going to be playing games, but is playing games week- in, week-out for West Ham.

“Andy said when we spoke that he wanted to play and I haven’t thought that will change if he comes back.”

Looks like he could be staying Smile

I find this attitude by the Poo to be absolutely amazing. Did he piss in Gerrrrard's boots or something?? Anyway, bloody handy for us - we get to keep him and Rodgers keeps motivating him. A couple of goals today would go a long way to making poor ole Brendan choke on his words - we live in hope! Very Happy
    Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs Sat 03 Nov 2012, 2:29 pm

I find this blokes attitude puzzling to say the least. But whilst Carroll isn't scoring for us, it's making him look sort of right doh

Come on Andy, give us a goal

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed 08 May 2024, 9:48 pm