West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

+12
Jiggs
Tony P
mottinghammer
Admin
Campo
alfiehammer
Charlie Ham
Suzanne Claret
RichB
SemiOldIron
Arran H
manurewa hammer
16 posters

Cole J

manurewa hammer
    manurewa hammer
    Reserves

Cole J Empty Cole J

Post  manurewa hammer Thu 03 Jan 2013, 7:56 am

I know it ain't on the Offish (yet), and maybe this should be in rumours, but reports down here tonight ( and we are the first in the world with stuff), sayin he has signed, Joe is a Hammer again.
    Arran H
    Reserves

Cole J Empty Re: Cole J

Post  Arran H Thu 03 Jan 2013, 9:08 am

According Harry Redknapp he is signing for us after he rejected QPR ! Harry comfirm that last night when he said he had tried everything to get Cole but said that joe wanted to come back "Home" to us !!

So Jarvis-Nolan-Diame-Noble-J.Cole in midfield then
    SemiOldIron
    SemiOldIron
    Academy

Post  SemiOldIron Thu 03 Jan 2013, 9:33 am

IF it's true and he's had a medical at UP, I hope it was a bloody good one. Please, GaS, no more crocks.... Suspect
    RichB
    RichB
    Boot Cleaner

Post  RichB Thu 03 Jan 2013, 9:53 am

As I said elsewhere, Joe Cole is a good replacement for Beneyoun who has gone and IMO is also a better player, so I am pleased to see him back. I know some see him in the same light as Defoe but my memory is that he, along with Repka, was one of the few who never gave up in that relegation battle, unklike DeFoe, Trevor Sinclair, and several others. He wears his heart on his sleeve and will give 100% when playing.
    Suzanne Claret
    Suzanne Claret
    1st Team Bench

Post  Suzanne Claret Thu 03 Jan 2013, 12:18 pm

He was red carded after the final whistle the year we went down and everyone including the ships cat was sold, he was banned from plying for his first 3 matches at the plastic chavs.

He gives a shit.

Not sure if it’s not a season or two to late.
    Charlie Ham
    Charlie Ham
    1st Team Bench

Post  Charlie Ham Thu 03 Jan 2013, 1:18 pm

Not happy with this.
    Does not know when to pass a ball.
    Arran H
    Reserves

Post  Arran H Thu 03 Jan 2013, 1:36 pm

Alot of pictures on twitter showing Joe Cole in a West Ham training top !
    Everywhere other then the official website saying he has signed a two and half year deal and taken a massive pay cut to join us clap

I for one I`am well happy with this signing and to get him on a free is even better ! Still think he has a few years left in him if given a little TLC by the club.
    When you looked at our best starting 11 its IMO good enough to finish in the top 7 let alone in the top 10 !

All I would do now if i was BFS is look for a LB and one striker I would say thats all we need to do in this window IMO .
    alfiehammer
    alfiehammer
    Reserves

Post  alfiehammer Thu 03 Jan 2013, 2:18 pm

seems a good signing to me, i'm personally pleased. I hope he proves Blakey wrong and stays fit and the grump wrong by passing. If thats the case we'll have done a good bit of business IMHO
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Thu 03 Jan 2013, 2:30 pm

Cole J A_sCzsBCAAEILvW
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Thu 03 Jan 2013, 4:20 pm

As much as I like JC and was gutted when he done the offski , I,m gonna sit on the fence and wait this one out.
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Thu 03 Jan 2013, 4:57 pm

it might work out, it might not, a better and cheaper option to Yossi though
    mottinghammer
    mottinghammer
    1st Team Bench

Post  mottinghammer Thu 03 Jan 2013, 7:04 pm

Admin wrote:As much as I like JC and was gutted when he done the offski , I,m gonna sit on the fence and wait this one out.
    stupid Not to happy, 31, injury prone and has not played regularly at this level for two years. Good to see he has taken a massive pay cut, and obviously wants to play for us, could have been the greatest thing since sliced bread, but eneded up as splinter boy with the cheats.

Would be very happy if he proves me and others wrong. If he is ours now then good luck to him for the rest of his time in claret n blue Bear
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Thu 03 Jan 2013, 7:32 pm

I trust BFS's judgement on this one. It is largely irrelevant to Sam whether Joe Cole was here 10 years ago - although it probably had a lot to do with JC's decision to come here. He must see a player who can improve our team

I have seen what he has managed to get out of other so-called "washed-up", "finished" players. The likes of Fernando Hierro, Jay Jay Okocha, Ivan Campo and Youri Djorkaeff

Let's hope he has the same effect on Joey Cole
    Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs Thu 03 Jan 2013, 9:06 pm

I don't think he'll let us down.......Not for the want of trying anyway.

Welcome home Joe xx
    Blakey
    Blakey
    Reserves

Post  Blakey Fri 04 Jan 2013, 12:17 am

As a replacement for Yossi, it makes sense.

Both ex players,

Both passed their best

Both injury prone

Both knocking on the door of the last chance saloon.

Used sparingly, I'm sure he'll do a decent job as a cheaper replacement for Yossi.

He's not going to play every game, lets be honest here.
    Suzanne Claret
    Suzanne Claret
    1st Team Bench

Post  Suzanne Claret Fri 04 Jan 2013, 8:28 am

True, BFS won’t drop Nolan or Noble or Diame (when fit) so that leaves only two other midfield places as I can’t see him playing more than one up front. JCole, Collinson and Jarvis will have to share. And they arnt the only midfielders we have on the books or that BFS uses. Then there’s VazTe, who BFS insists is part of a 4-3-3 when in reality he is on the ‘wing’ in a 4-5-1
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Fri 04 Jan 2013, 8:48 am

I can see Joe used more as an impact sub , last 20-25 mins to try and change a game
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Cole J Empty now on the offish

Post  Campo Fri 04 Jan 2013, 9:21 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

West Ham United are delighted to welcome Joe Cole home after the England midfielder completed his move back to the Boleyn Ground.
    The Academy of Football graduate has returned to east London after leaving Liverpool and signing an 18-month contract with the Hammers.
    Capped 56 times by England, Cole will wear the same No26 shirt he donned during his first spell at the club between 1998 and 2003, when his mesmeric play helped West Ham win the FA Youth Cup in 1999 and the midfielder himself be crowned Hammer of the Year in 2003.
    Now, Cole is determined to write an equally memorable second chapter to his West Ham career under manager Sam Allardyce.
    "It is a great move for me," confirmed the 31-year-old. "Coming back here brings back all the memories of the pitches I learnt how to play on. This is where I learnt my trade and I'm happy to have another chance to be here. I've always loved West Ham and I hope I can give the club a few memorable seasons.
    "The timing was right for me to come back and I'm happy. I'm back in London and I'm delighted to be here. I want to be here and I want to make an impact.
    "The place has not changed much to look at, but I think Sam has done a great job with the team. A few years ago, the club was in a bad way and Sam has done brilliantly. All in all, it will always be West Ham and the history will always be here and everywhere I go around the world, people love West Ham. Everywhere I go, people know me for having started here."
    Cole is looking forward to working under Big Sam - a manager he believes has instilled a confidence in the club and assembled a squad that West Ham supporters can be proud of.
    "Sam didn't have to sell me the club for me to come back. For me, I have had 18 months at Liverpool where I haven't played much football and Sam wants to play me. I'm going to need games to get back to my best, but I want to play football and come here and help the team to make an impact.
    "I could see from the outside what a great bunch of lads we have here and there is a great spirit. I'm excited."
    Cole played in an exceptionally-talented West Ham team during his first spell at the Boleyn Ground, alongside the likes of Paolo Di Canio, Michael Carrick, Frank Lampard, Jermain Defoe and Trevor Sinclair.
    On his return, the No26 says the Hammers have a similarly strong squad, especially considering the club has only returned to the Barclays Premier League this season.
    "The first season in the Premier League is always the toughest one and the boys have done brilliant to get 26 points on the board. We would like to match that in the second half of the season and crack on from there.
    "We have got a lot of England internationals and a good strong squad here, so our home form is going to be vital
    Dan C
    Dan C
    Boot Cleaner

Post  Dan C Fri 04 Jan 2013, 9:31 am

Absolutely over the moon with the signing. Joey will bring something different to the squad and will be determined to perform well. He is a rarity in that he has creativity and skill but will wear his heart on his sleeve and fight for the cause as well. It won't hurt to have a player who has the type of experience which only over half a century of international caps, a Champions League final, and Premier League and FA Cup medals can bring around the squad either and, at 31, he is not 'over the hill'. He has always received a great welcome every time he's come back and rightly so - I'm looking forward to the United match even more now, will be great to see little Joey in the number 26 claret shirt again!

Welcome home Joe - great to have you back!
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Fri 04 Jan 2013, 10:34 am

Dan C wrote:Absolutely over the moon with the signing. Joey will bring something different to the squad and will be determined to perform well. He is a rarity in that he has creativity and skill but will wear his heart on his sleeve and fight for the cause as well. It won't hurt to have a player who has the type of experience which only over half a century of international caps, a Champions League final, and Premier League and FA Cup medals can bring around the squad either and, at 31, he is not 'over the hill'. He has always received a great welcome every time he's come back and rightly so - I'm looking forward to the United match even more now, will be great to see little Joey in the number 26 claret shirt again!

stupid
    alfiehammer
    alfiehammer
    Reserves

Post  alfiehammer Fri 04 Jan 2013, 11:32 am

Tony P wrote:
    Dan C wrote:Absolutely over the moon with the signing. Joey will bring something different to the squad and will be determined to perform well. He is a rarity in that he has creativity and skill but will wear his heart on his sleeve and fight for the cause as well. It won't hurt to have a player who has the type of experience which only over half a century of international caps, a Champions League final, and Premier League and FA Cup medals can bring around the squad either and, at 31, he is not 'over the hill'. He has always received a great welcome every time he's come back and rightly so - I'm looking forward to the United match even more now, will be great to see little Joey in the number 26 claret shirt again!

stupid

(2) WH Flag scarf
    Sir Ian
    Sir Ian
    Academy

Post  Sir Ian Fri 04 Jan 2013, 7:10 pm

welcome home joe Smile
    JulianDicksLeftKnee
    JulianDicksLeftKnee
    Reserves

Post  JulianDicksLeftKnee Fri 04 Jan 2013, 10:14 pm

As I think I said on Facebook-hope he likes playing on the right wing.
    manurewa hammer
    manurewa hammer
    Reserves

Post  manurewa hammer Sun 06 Jan 2013, 2:50 am

Not a bad "debut" to be fair! hatsoff
    Charlie Ham
    Charlie Ham
    1st Team Bench

Post  Charlie Ham Sun 06 Jan 2013, 11:51 am

I'm not a Joey lover but he did well.