West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

+12
Jiggs
Tony P
mottinghammer
Admin
Campo
alfiehammer
Charlie Ham
Suzanne Claret
RichB
SemiOldIron
Arran H
manurewa hammer
16 posters

Cole J

alfiehammer
    alfiehammer
    Reserves

Cole J - Page 2 Empty Re: Cole J

Post  alfiehammer Sun 06 Jan 2013, 12:21 pm

The pass/cross for Collins two goals were as good as any midfielder can provide mr ham. Reminded me somewhat of Gerard's pass/cross to Carroll for England vs Sweden. If he can be supplying Carroll like that for the next 5 months we could be in for some very good times at UP
    manurewa hammer
    manurewa hammer
    Reserves

Post  manurewa hammer Sun 06 Jan 2013, 8:59 pm

I don't think Carroll would have taken them any better than Ginge did yesterday Alfie! Smile
    alfiehammer
    alfiehammer
    Reserves

Post  alfiehammer Sun 06 Jan 2013, 9:25 pm

fair point, yesterday Ginge had an outstanding game in defence and then with two perfect headed goals. On a regular basis for the future though, it Carroll with jarvis and Cole supplying him im excited about
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Sun 06 Jan 2013, 9:58 pm

Having Joe Cole back gives us time to get RVT fully fit, as it is clear to me that he is not ready to play at the top level in the PL yet

One thing that has disappointed me about RVT is that Jack Collison looks street ahead of him fitness-wise; yet surely RVT could have be getting himself cardiovascularly fit by running once his shoulder had "healed" whereas Jack Collison could not. Strange one that?
    alfiehammer
    alfiehammer
    Reserves

Post  alfiehammer Sun 06 Jan 2013, 10:40 pm

I wondered that Tony, but then I remembered when I tweaked my shoulder doing soldier presses so gave up weight training for a bit and went jogging and was surprised how much you must use your shoulder even when jogging- it deffo felt very uncomfortable there when I ran (jogged)
    mottinghammer
    mottinghammer
    1st Team Bench

Post  mottinghammer Sun 06 Jan 2013, 10:48 pm

yeah I've found that as well, having a big belly was always a problem when it came to that running lark, so I gave it up! emot

But RVT looks unfit, he does not look as if he is running freely, whereas Jack collision looks fitter than a butchers dog and well up for it. Maybe, just maybe RVT doesn't have the same desire for the game that Collison has? He talks the talk but does he/can he walk the walk at this level. He is undoubtably a talented footballer but what has happened to him inhis life may well have taken its toll on his desire to succeed at this level. Hope not, he is a leg end at west Ham, just like BZ as he scored the goal that got us out of the cocopops this time round.
    Dan C
    Dan C
    Boot Cleaner

Post  Dan C Mon 07 Jan 2013, 12:52 am

alfiehammer wrote:I tweaked my shoulder doing soldier presses

All that ironing for the Army clearly proved too tough Alfie.. ;-)
    Blakey
    Blakey
    Reserves

Post  Blakey Mon 07 Jan 2013, 4:02 am

mottinghammer wrote:yeah I've found that as well, having a big belly was always a problem when it came to that running lark, so I gave it up! emot

But RVT looks unfit, he does not look as if he is running freely, whereas Jack collision looks fitter than a butchers dog and well up for it. Maybe, just maybe RVT doesn't have the same desire for the game that Collison has? He talks the talk but does he/can he walk the walk at this level. He is undoubtably a talented footballer but what has happened to him inhis life may well have taken its toll on his desire to succeed at this level. Hope not, he is a leg end at west Ham, just like BZ as he scored the goal that got us out of the cocopops this time round.

I've read online somewhere that RVT has expressed a desire to return to Portugal. If the club receives a decent offer, they won't stand in his way.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 20 May 2024, 5:47 am