West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

4 posters

Man Utd match - 9 march

Johnny K
    Johnny K
    Academy

Man Utd match - 9 march Empty Man Utd match - 9 march

Post  Johnny K Sun 27 Jan 2013, 12:13 am

I've been out of the country for so long & because we seldom get very far in it & it's not shown here, but can someone confirm that if Man U are still in the cup for the 6th round then our match against them on 9 march gets cancelled.

Been offered some expensive tickets for the game but no point in shelling out & paying for flights if there is a chance the game gets moved.
    TaniaP
    Boot Cleaner

Man Utd match - 9 march Empty Re: Man Utd match - 9 march

Post  TaniaP Sun 27 Jan 2013, 7:28 am

I didn't know that would affect our match against them on 9th March. I've just shelled out £65 for a ticket angry2 and now it will probably be an evening game angry2
    Johnny K
    Johnny K
    Academy

Post  Johnny K Sun 27 Jan 2013, 9:50 am

Got myself really worked up about this (as you can see from my manflu response!). Really want to get over with my son for a game & that weekend is the best all ways round, time off work/school, his football team, with his mum, but I didn't expect to get tickets - got offered some on friday & was otm excited (thankfully hadn't mentioned it to him) but now it's not worth taking the risk.

I am now looking at the WBA game at Easter. His mum has said it is ok for him to go but travel then becomes tricky, flights in particular, & will be more so the later I leave it, & tickets aren't even on sale as yet. Anyone know when WBA tickets go on general sale? There is nothing on the official.

Later matches get tricky as he has his own football league starting in April. A tougher league & a chance to play for the team above his age, he won't want to miss many weekends - not for Wigan probably!

One thing that is guaranteed is if I don't buy these tickets, which I can't take the risk for, Man Utd will get knocked out in the next round.

Really down in the dumps today - need to snap out of it.
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Sun 27 Jan 2013, 10:02 am

Its always a pain booking flights and match tickets JK with TV deciding when games will be played and games being moved due to cup matches . I,m going to play it a bit safer and book the last game , cant see that being moved but it is on a sunday .
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Sun 27 Jan 2013, 10:41 am

TaniaP wrote:I didn't know that would affect our match against them on 9th March. I've just shelled out £65 for a ticket angry2 and now it will probably be an evening game angry2

It has recently been changed to a 12.45pm kick-off for TV. Why on earth did they do that, knowing that the FA Cup 6th round is on the same day? Idiots angry2
    Johnny K
    Johnny K
    Academy

Post  Johnny K Sun 27 Jan 2013, 10:54 am

Have I got it right with the date of the cup, 6th round? & cup matches always take preference over league on that weekend? Brain is having a senior citizens weekend at the moment.
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Sun 27 Jan 2013, 11:41 am

Johnny K wrote:Have I got it right with the date of the cup, 6th round? & cup matches always take preference over league on that weekend? Brain is having a senior citizens weekend at the moment.

I think you are right Johnny

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 02 May 2024, 4:59 pm