West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

+3
shaun of the thread
Campo
Admin
7 posters

Interview with Wellington boot

Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Interview with Wellington boot Empty Interview with Wellington boot

Post  Admin Mon 28 Jan 2013, 9:18 am

The Big Interview - Wellington Paulista

28-01-2013
    West Ham United's new Brazilian forward on Barcelona, Ramires and his respect for English football

Wellington Paulista may not be a well-known name to most English football supporters, but he is soon hoping to change that soon.

The 29-year-old joined West Ham United on loan until the end of the season from Brazilian Serie A club Cruzeiro on Friday, having enjoyed a prolific 2012 that saw him net 28 goals in 40 appearances.

The forward, who becomes just the second Brazilian to sign for the Hammers after compatriot Araujo Ilan in 2010, told whufc.com and West Ham TV that he is hoping to make a big impact in a claret and blue shirt and could appear for the Development Squad in Monday's Development Squad game with Arsenal.

Wellington Paulista, welcome to West Ham United! What are your emotions on joining the Hammers?

WP - "Thank you. I am really happy to be here at West Ham United. Everyone has been very kind to me since I have been at the club this week. I think I can do my best here and I am coming to England to prove to everyone that I am one of the best strikers in Brazil and to get better and better."

Supporters will have seen your goals on YouTube, but what other qualities will you bring to West Ham United?

WP - "I am strong, I am a fighter and I can score with both feet. I run a lot on the pitch and I can play as either as first or second striker."

You have played at the very highest level in Brazil, including the final of the Copa Libertadores in 2009, so will you feel pressure in the Barclays Premier League?

WP - "The pressure will not be a problem for me because I am used to it from my time in Brazil, where the fans were really addicted to the club. The manager also put pressure on the players too, so it will be the same playing here. What I am interested in is the passion of the supporters for their team, the way they keep going with the club and the way they make the players perform better."

You scored on your debut for Alaves against Barcelona in the Camp Nou in January 2007, so can you rise to any challenge?

WP - "It is a pity that we lost that game because it was my first match for Alaves against Barcelona in the Camp Nou. As soon as I scored that goal I thought 'I am a star' because it was my first goal in my first game in Europe. I was really young and had come from a really small team in Brazil so that goal was so important for my whole career."

A lot of Brazilians are playing in the Barclays Premier League - do you know any of them and do you hope to emulate their success?

WP - "I know Ramires very well. We are very good friends because we played together for Cruzeiro. I also talked to some of the others. The best thing for me is to adapt to England, to the language and to the style of play of West Ham. I want to get to know my team-mates better and be adapted within three months."

What do you know about West Ham United?

WP - "I didn't know much because the highlights of the Premier League have not been shown on Brazilian television for very many years. I have been working on my form and my fitness, but I also want to learn about the history of the club and the old players and coaches and everybody."

Do you feel ready to play immediately?

WP - "I have not played since the Brazilian Premier League finished at the start of December and I have been on holiday for three weeks. I am prepared to do all the training as best as I can so I will be available for selection by the coach as soon as possible. I also know that I need to be stronger as the game here is based more on strength than it is in Brazil, but I will be ready."
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Interview with Wellington boot Empty Re: Interview with Wellington boot

Post  Campo Mon 28 Jan 2013, 12:27 pm

welly has the No9 shirt in todays dev game
    shaun of the thread
    shaun of the thread
    Boot Cleaner

Post  shaun of the thread Mon 28 Jan 2013, 1:42 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Well he has his first goal in the Claret & blue , A header off a corner he helped make. emot

2-0. up against the @rsenal now.

Must admit I was hoping he would be included in the team for Fulham on wednessday , Might just make bench with bit of luck..
    manurewa hammer
    manurewa hammer
    Reserves

Post  manurewa hammer Tue 29 Jan 2013, 6:51 am

Do you think we have a goodun here??
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Tue 29 Jan 2013, 7:40 am

Can not really tell from 60 mins in the stiffs
    Plus he is still getting his fitness in as the Brazilian league finished at the start of December so he was sat on his arse for a few weeks.
    shaun of the thread
    shaun of the thread
    Boot Cleaner

Post  shaun of the thread Tue 29 Jan 2013, 2:04 pm

Campo wrote:Can not really tell from 60 mins in the stiffs
    Plus he is still getting his fitness in as the Brazilian league finished at the start of December so he was sat on his arse for a few weeks.

What Campo said. it's hard to tell as yet , but he seems to say the right things and he sounds ike he wants to make a name for himself over here
    Also from the few utube vids ive seen, he loves being a crowd pleaser, might get few tellings off for celebrating with the fans.. Lets just hope e has the same loyalties come the last day of the season & if he does do well then stay and be a hero/ legend .My fears are if he does play reasonably well we will loose him to a "bigger club" anyway.
    Lets face it , He can't be any worse than what we got now (even with Andy Carroll fit ). Have herd he can play as a 2nd striker or a lone one, he looks good with his head & both feet.
    I'm really looking forward to seeing him get a few games.
    Who knows maybe the new tevez!

manurewa hammer
    manurewa hammer
    Reserves

Post  manurewa hammer Wed 30 Jan 2013, 7:30 am

shaun of the thread wrote:
    Campo wrote:Can not really tell from 60 mins in the stiffs

What Campo said. it's hard to tell as yet , but he seems to say the right things and he sounds ike he wants to make a name for himself over here
    Also from the few utube vids ive seen, he loves being a crowd pleaser, might get few tellings off for celebrating with the fans.. Lets just hope e has the same loyalties come the last day of the season & if he does do well then stay and be a hero/ legend .My fears are if he does play reasonably well we will loose him to a "bigger club" anyway.
    Lets face it , He can't be any worse than what we got now (even with Andy Carroll fit ). Have herd he can play as a 2nd striker or a lone one, he looks good with his head & both feet.
    I'm really looking forward to seeing him get a few games.
    Who knows maybe the new tevez!

OOH Steady on Shaun! Wink
    alfiehammer
    alfiehammer
    Reserves

Post  alfiehammer Wed 30 Jan 2013, 11:27 am

well it all sounds positive but then an interview with the club website should do! I will sit on the fence till I have seen him play a few times...

my first choice striker remains Carroll
    Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs Wed 30 Jan 2013, 6:56 pm

he looks good with his head & both feet.

We all do Shaunie Wink
    manurewa hammer
    manurewa hammer
    Reserves

Post  manurewa hammer Thu 31 Jan 2013, 9:23 am

Jiggs wrote:
    he looks good with his head & both feet.

We all do Shaunie Wink
    I'm sure you do Jiggs! As for me , it;s the old saying, "You can't make silk purse from a sows ear"
    x Very Happy
    Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs Thu 31 Jan 2013, 2:00 pm

But we'd look silly without heads and feet, and a bit dead Wink
    shaun of the thread
    shaun of the thread
    Boot Cleaner

Post  shaun of the thread Thu 31 Jan 2013, 10:19 pm

Jiggs wrote:But we'd look silly without heads and feet, and a bit dead Wink

Lol, I think you know what I ment . doh

Have you seen any vids or clips of him "playing football & scoring goals yet ".

I for one can't wait to see him in the side, just hope he proves me rigt now.
    shaun of the thread
    shaun of the thread
    Boot Cleaner

Post  shaun of the thread Mon 04 Feb 2013, 9:21 pm

ell. He scored again today according to reports.
    Just wonder with the game against villa , will he make the subs ? Or do you think sam is happy with A Carroll and C cole

Imo this will be the ideal game for him to maybe get 10-20 mins run out , Villa not doing to well at mo and touch wood, we should be in with a chance of winning this one comfortable. Com on Sam show us what he can do. (Give us some welly ! )

alfiehammer
    alfiehammer
    Reserves

Post  alfiehammer Mon 04 Feb 2013, 9:30 pm

Did know one watch villas game on Saturday? They looked, in parts, quite a decent team. Very young and inexperienced at times but not too bad a team. I worry there will be a lot of disappointed hammers after the game based on the belief villa are shit and a purse over. I think they will stay up
    Sir Ian
    Sir Ian
    Academy

Post  Sir Ian Tue 05 Feb 2013, 3:07 am

alfiehammer wrote:Did know one watch villas game on Saturday? They looked, in parts, quite a decent team. Very young and inexperienced at times but not too bad a team. I worry there will be a lot of disappointed hammers after the game based on the belief villa are shit and a purse over. I think they will stay up

they are atrocious at set peices and we are very good now IF we get an early goal then we can go on and win it comfortably as it will make their heads drop if we dont then it could well be tricky as they have pace up top and we dont have any at the back.
    as for them staying up rofl rofl
    manurewa hammer
    manurewa hammer
    Reserves

Post  manurewa hammer Tue 05 Feb 2013, 7:22 am

Dollar(sorry Bob) , each way eh Ian
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Wed 06 Feb 2013, 1:43 pm

alfiehammer wrote:Did know one watch villas game on Saturday? They looked, in parts, quite a decent team. Very young and inexperienced at times but not too bad a team. I worry there will be a lot of disappointed hammers after the game based on the belief villa are shit and a purse over. I think they will stay up

Villa look an ok outfit if they are given space and allowed to play their passing game, I can not see Sam allowing that
    pressure and bully and they will crack.
    shaun of the thread
    shaun of the thread
    Boot Cleaner

Post  shaun of the thread Fri 08 Feb 2013, 9:12 pm

Scored again tonight and by the sounds of the reports he played well and made a nuisances of him self.

Hope it ain't too long before he gets a start, really looking forward to seeing him. Just hope it ain't gunna be one of these that play well in reserves but never get much of a run in , in the 1st team . As Sam does seem to have his favorites & it ain't always just cause they score loads of goals or on top of their game, ( nolan springs to mind ).

I know it probably wont happen, but Welly & Carroll up front feeding off each other might just produce some goals and a deadly strike partnerships.

Also good to see Dan potts back in action for us.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 02 May 2024, 4:27 am