West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

+14
Admin
JulianDicksLeftKnee
mottinghammer
Tony P
Stooby Doo 2002
RichB
Dan C
Abbi Normal
Johnny K
Cochese
Campo
manurewa hammer
Suzanne Claret
Arran H
18 posters

Sam Allardyce .... Should we sack him or keep him ?

Arran H
    Reserves

Sam Allardyce .... Should we sack him or keep him ?  Empty Sam Allardyce .... Should we sack him or keep him ?

Post  Arran H Tue 26 Feb 2013, 9:02 am

I think he has to go , Everybody in the league fucking knows how we going to play now and so set up to stop us knowing for well that we havent got a plan B under sam !

How many fucking managers would of taken off A)Demel when he didnt look tired or injured and kepted lennon quiet and B)Diame when he also didnt look tired or injured and kepted the midfield together ........ NONE is your answer only BFS would angry2 !!

Kills me to say this but all the hard BFS did last year has or is going down the drain as I cant see us staying UP this year and IF by chance we do and we keep Sam then will for sure go down next season IMO !
    Suzanne Claret
    Suzanne Claret
    1st Team Bench

Sam Allardyce .... Should we sack him or keep him ?  Empty Re: Sam Allardyce .... Should we sack him or keep him ?

Post  Suzanne Claret Tue 26 Feb 2013, 9:12 am

Arran dear, you are talking out of your arse.

What do you expect from a newly promoted team, Europe? A Cup win?

manurewa hammer
    manurewa hammer
    Reserves

Sam Allardyce .... Should we sack him or keep him ?  Empty Re: Sam Allardyce .... Should we sack him or keep him ?

Post  manurewa hammer Tue 26 Feb 2013, 9:19 am

I'm with you Suz. WH Flag
    Arran H
    Reserves

Post  Arran H Tue 26 Feb 2013, 9:32 am

No , but would expect is to have a manager that has a plan B etc which sam does not have , its ok playing long ball against a team that is poor but ffs every team in the prem now knows how to play against us and stop as AVB did yesterday by playing his tallest possible team he could !

Wish we could have mananger like Swansea`s manager or Liverpool`s Breden rodgers someone who has different tactics and formations to play depending on who we are playing that particular day not like sam where regardless of who we are playing it set up for the long ball which is not working anymore , against stoke it will long ball and guess what it wont work because they have a bloody tall defence to deal with the long balls !
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Tue 26 Feb 2013, 12:01 pm

Keep him
    Sam knows what he is doing, he has spent a long time managing in this league
    he took Demel off as he was shit, off the pace and could not put his foot on the ball, first goal cam about because of this.
    We would have taken 17th at the beginning of the season, and i would take 17th now if given it
    Too many fans started expecting european football after the start we had, but that was never going to last.
    Suzanne Claret
    Suzanne Claret
    1st Team Bench

Post  Suzanne Claret Tue 26 Feb 2013, 1:15 pm

Arran, we didn’t ‘play the long ball’ yesterday. In fact I thought we had one of our better games. Both of our goals including the foul for the pen was as a result of passing.
    Cochese
    Cochese
    Boot Cleaner

Post  Cochese Tue 26 Feb 2013, 1:48 pm

My concern would be the seeming lack of in-game tactics.
    Suzanne Claret
    Suzanne Claret
    1st Team Bench

Post  Suzanne Claret Tue 26 Feb 2013, 2:00 pm

What do you mean? What would you have liked to have seen Sam do that he didnt?
    Johnny K
    Johnny K
    Academy

Post  Johnny K Tue 26 Feb 2013, 6:11 pm

I'd also take us finishing 17th this season. I just don't want to get there too early.
    Abbi Normal
    Abbi Normal
    Academy

Post  Abbi Normal Tue 26 Feb 2013, 6:15 pm

he`s doing ok ..... just needs a fan or two to point out what really important to the terraces .... like beating the Yids ... Millwall ...Sheff utd .... Leeds ...Cardiff ad all the other shit

survival is the name of the game this season .... 10 points secure that ... maybe less

stoke city .... now we ( the fans ) know its gong to be physical .... Hoof will be ebowing and pulling our players all over the gaf .... hard team to play against .... needs the hardest players in the team ...if we have any

does Sam know this ?
    Dan C
    Dan C
    Boot Cleaner

Post  Dan C Tue 26 Feb 2013, 7:07 pm

Keep him, without a doubt. I disagreed with all his substitutions last night but we are very lucky to have him as manager, someone who knows what he's doing in the PL, can motivate players and create a good team spirit.
    RichB
    RichB
    Boot Cleaner

Post  RichB Tue 26 Feb 2013, 9:02 pm

Looking at the remaining games I can see us going into the last game of the season against Reading needing to win to stay up..! And being Reading I can see us losing... I really can't see more than 7 more points this season. Can you?
    Stooby Doo 2002
    Stooby Doo 2002
    Boot Cleaner

Post  Stooby Doo 2002 Tue 26 Feb 2013, 9:39 pm

I'll say it again I'm not sure we will pick up many more points this season, maybe 2 if things go our way in games.......But even with the points we are on now I reckon we would still stay up such is the poor quality of the teams at the bottom!
    Cochese
    Cochese
    Boot Cleaner

Post  Cochese Tue 26 Feb 2013, 10:43 pm

Suzanne Claret wrote:What do you mean? What would you have liked to have seen Sam do that he didnt?

Well, either he didn't tell the players to keep Bale from going left or they ignored him, or were not capable of doing it. It was obvious to anyone watching what the goal was everytime he had the ball, but either we couldn't or wouldn't do anything about it.

I'm not talking about that screamer at the end either, not a whole lot more to be said. But it seemed everytime Bale had the ball, the defender seemed to go right and Bale had a free lane to do as he wished with his left. Perhaps the kid is just that good.

More than that, though, the comments others have made about the substitutions I cannot argue with, and that's what has me questioning the long-term viability. He brought us back up on the first bounce after two dreadful decisions from the top. For that I will be eternally grateful. He'll get a longer leash than most others would with the current run of form.

Perhaps I'm being too harsh, and I'll take criticism on it. I'm not calling on him to be sacked, but there's some stuff I hear or see in matches that has me befuddled. But then again I don't have a license so who am I to say?

If we can secure enough for a repeat season, I'll be happy. But I won't be happy with biting my nails each season.
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Tue 26 Feb 2013, 10:52 pm

Dan C wrote:Keep him, without a doubt. I disagreed with all his substitutions last night but we are very lucky to have him as manager, someone who knows what he's doing in the PL, can motivate players and create a good team spirit.

stupid
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Tue 26 Feb 2013, 10:53 pm

RichB wrote:Looking at the remaining games I can see us going into the last game of the season against Reading needing to win to stay up..! And being Reading I can see us losing... I really can't see more than 7 more points this season. Can you?

and that should be enough for us to stay up. Job done by Big Sam !!
    mottinghammer
    mottinghammer
    1st Team Bench

Post  mottinghammer Wed 27 Feb 2013, 2:39 pm

Keep him, he will keep us up which is all that matters. We have played some decent football at times this year, we are not 'just' a long ball team, and every team in the league plays that way at times.

He will need the daves tyo back him in the summer with some decent cash for premiership quality players or we will be in the mire next season.
    JulianDicksLeftKnee
    JulianDicksLeftKnee
    Reserves

Post  JulianDicksLeftKnee Wed 27 Feb 2013, 9:47 pm

And replace him with who??? Di Canio?

Nah.

3-2 against an in form Spuds with footballer of the year elect Gareth Bale absolutely flying on form, was nowhere near the disaster it could have been.

I know this is not a direct shout due to the last game but watching the game (on PC) I didn't see us do anything that bad-other than be West Ham; West Ham on a good day too.

The is a lot of high ball (not enough sometimes-gulp!)and my one criticism of that is-if you're going to play it-practice it. We still drift long balls when attacking rather than punch them; we had, apart from Diame, an attacking front 5 with a lack of cohesion between the balls played and the play offs from them. Diame worked his arse ff because nobody else has a drop and give 5 mins respite at the back of midfield mentality, giving Bale space for his last goal-unstoppable though it was.

17th too for me was always a result for me and I would like to believe enough for the board.
    RichB
    RichB
    Boot Cleaner

Post  RichB Wed 27 Feb 2013, 9:50 pm

Tony P wrote:
    Dan C wrote:Keep him, without a doubt. I disagreed with all his substitutions last night but we are very lucky to have him as manager, someone who knows what he's doing in the PL, can motivate players and create a good team spirit.

stupid

Tony P wrote:
    RichB wrote:Looking at the remaining games I can see us going into the last game of the season against Reading needing to win to stay up..! And being Reading I can see us losing... I really can't see more than 7 more points this season. Can you?

and that should be enough for us to stay up. Job done by Big Sam !!
    I sincerely hope you're right. 37 points eh?
    Arran H
    Reserves

Post  Arran H Thu 28 Feb 2013, 8:46 am

IMO I think our record of having the most points(42) and still get relegated may be broken this year .... Cant see how any less the 40pts will get us or the team that finishes 17th safe , think it may be around the 43-45 mark this year with the way the table is at the moment.
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Thu 28 Feb 2013, 3:14 pm

Arran H wrote:IMO I think our record of having the most points(42) and still get relegated may be broken this year .... Cant see how any less the 40pts will get us or the team that finishes 17th safe , think it may be around the 43-45 mark this year with the way the table is at the moment.

based on 38 points staying up

20th QPR have 17 points from 27 games = 0.63 points a game,
    11 games left and they need at least 21 points at 1.9 points a game or 5 wins and 6 draws if you like , in other words fupped

wigan 17th have 24 points from 27 games = 0.88 points a game,
    11 games left and they need at least 13 points at 1.18 points a game or 3 wins and 4 draws if you like , in other words close to fupped

West Ham 14th have 30 points from 27 games = 1.11 points a game,
    11 games left and need at least 8 points at 0.72 points a game or 2 wins and 2 draws if you like , in other words not quite fupped
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Thu 28 Feb 2013, 3:24 pm

Campo wrote:
    Arran H wrote:IMO I think our record of having the most points(42) and still get relegated may be broken this year .... Cant see how any less the 40pts will get us or the team that finishes 17th safe , think it may be around the 43-45 mark this year with the way the table is at the moment.

based on 38 points staying up

20th QPR have 17 points from 27 games = 0.63 points a game,
    11 games left and they need at least 21 points at 1.9 points a game or 5 wins and 6 draws if you like , in other words fupped

wigan 17th have 24 points from 27 games = 0.88 points a game,
    11 games left and they need at least 13 points at 1.18 points a game or 3 wins and 4 draws if you like , in other words close to fupped

Too fupping close for my liking

West Ham 14th have 30 points from 27 games = 1.11 points a game,
    11 games left and need at least 8 points at 0.72 points a game or 2 wins and 2 draws if you like , in other words not quite fupped
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Thu 28 Feb 2013, 3:39 pm

I think the bottom 3 will remain the bottom 3 come may

Wigan next two are the two mickeys
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Thu 28 Feb 2013, 3:56 pm

oh and then add the merry go round between the bottom teams left to play each other

Wigan - QPR Villa
    Villa - Qpr Reading Wigan
    Reading - Villa QPR
    QPR - Wigan Villa Reading

they cant all take 3 points a game
    westhamonkey
    westhamonkey
    1st team

Post  westhamonkey Thu 28 Feb 2013, 6:38 pm

Arran H wrote:No , but would expect is to have a manager that has a plan B etc which sam does not have , its ok playing long ball against a team that is poor but ffs every team in the prem now knows how to play against us and stop as AVB did yesterday by playing his tallest possible team he could !

Wish we could have mananger like Swansea`s manager or Liverpool`s Breden rodgers someone who has different tactics and formations to play depending on who we are playing that particular day not like sam where regardless of who we are playing it set up for the long ball which is not working anymore , against stoke it will long ball and guess what it wont work because they have a bloody tall defence to deal with the long balls !

funny thing is... for all your emotional ranting and raving... the Spuds didn't actually play well against us... AVB didn't have a plan to nullify our tactics and as depressing as it was... they only won the game thanks to one player and with a scorcher in injury time.

Take Bale out of the equation and Spurs looked pedestrian and would have been beaten or manaed (the most likely outcome) a draw.

Yes, the substitutions were a little baffling but please don't delude yourself.

Bale has scored something like 12 goals in 11 games - there's no other player in the world currently in better 'form' than that... without him Spurs are an average side.

US? we're a half decent side. We're better than we were a couple of years ago but still way too inconsistent to get anywhere.

Without wishing to play up BFSA... i don't think he's ever managed a team that's been relegated from the Premier League and he got us back into it at the first time of asking - which we'd never previously done in our history.
    He might not be the greatest manager of all time but to say everyone knows how to outplay him seems a little naive.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed 08 May 2024, 2:59 am