West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

5 posters

Your current view of all three premier 'newbies'?

daib0
    daib0
    Academy

Your current view of all three premier 'newbies'? Empty Your current view of all three premier 'newbies'?

Post  daib0 Fri 01 Mar 2013, 5:18 pm

Firstly, you know me by now, I'm gonna ask what I'm going to ask below purely for curiosity, no wumming ever on my part!

Turn clock back to end of last season - championship, and Reading, Southampton and West Ham were the obvious three to go up; I think we were all three well above others in the pack. Having said that, if I'm truthful my Reading were probably a tad lucky to just nip the title but well, that's history now.

And turn clock forward to today: and we've got the premier table with only 11 games left - and Hammers at 14th, Southampton at 16th and Reading at 19th. Two questions:

* Was this sort of what you predicted back last summer, or did you have it differently?

* OK, where will Hammers finish - and who are your current guesses for bottom three?
    You haven't got to be polite on Reading either, I'm not expecting much coming back positive!!

Cheers guys,

daib0 / David
    Chas Hammer
    Boot Cleaner

Your current view of all three premier 'newbies'? Empty Re: Your current view of all three premier 'newbies'?

Post  Chas Hammer Fri 01 Mar 2013, 6:38 pm

No secret that I hate fat sam but this seasonis nothing more tha nexpected. Good runupnthenttiing a pile of Sh!t. Predicted and proven.

Thw rest of the season will be battling to dtay out of the regelation zone. That is exactly where we are heading.

Fat sam is a wombat that was ok for the fight to ge back yo the prem, but that was when he rose to his level of imcompentancy. Sad but true.
    daib0
    daib0
    Academy

Your current view of all three premier 'newbies'? Empty Re: Your current view of all three premier 'newbies'?

Post  daib0 Fri 01 Mar 2013, 7:07 pm

yeah, but seems to have done just enough to sail you to safety. Who do you think will actually go down then?
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Fri 01 Mar 2013, 7:45 pm

* Was this sort of what you predicted back last summer, or did you have it differently?

we are about right, no team has the god given right to be in the top tier, injuries i think will cost us a few places, but if we stay in the league.. mission success.

* OK, where will Hammers finish - and who are your current guesses for bottom three?
    You haven't got to be polite on Reading either, I'm not expecting much coming back positive!!

I think the bottom three will remain the same as they are now (sorry mate)
    I think we will finish 15-17th now
    alfiehammer
    alfiehammer
    Reserves

Post  alfiehammer Sat 02 Mar 2013, 12:18 pm

daib0 wrote:Firstly, you know me by now, I'm gonna ask what I'm going to ask below purely for curiosity, no wumming ever on my part!

Turn clock back to end of last season - championship, and Reading, Southampton and West Ham were the obvious three to go up; I think we were all three well above others in the pack. Having said that, if I'm truthful my Reading were probably a tad lucky to just nip the title but well, that's history now.

And turn clock forward to today: and we've got the premier table with only 11 games left - and Hammers at 14th, Southampton at 16th and Reading at 19th. Two questions:

I expected West Ham to stay up as we have fairly wealthy owners who would fund transfers such as Carroll which might be the difference maker. I didn't know much about Reading last year and thought Southampton were the best coco pops team so expected them to just about be ok and Reading to struggle (sorry dude). Your squad still looks very coco pops like to me (sorry dude). I think its shit what happened to adkins.

Hoping West Ham will finish 15th...close but just out of it. Bottom 3 will be QPR (hopefully), Reading and wigwam. again, sorry dude.

Cheers guys,

daib0 / David
    daib0
    daib0
    Academy

Post  daib0 Sat 02 Mar 2013, 9:02 pm

fair enough Alfie, looking a bit despairing for us now ...
    alfiehammer
    alfiehammer
    Reserves

Post  alfiehammer Sun 03 Mar 2013, 10:28 am

Well I think sometimes teams become yoyo teams- WBA being the perfect example- and go up and down a few times but each time they do they improve their squad a bit and bank a bit more money so the second or third promotion "sticks" and the teams then become established. imho.
    daib0
    daib0
    Academy

Post  daib0 Sun 03 Mar 2013, 10:53 am

alfiehammer wrote:
    Well I think sometimes teams become yoyo teams- WBA being the perfect example- and go up and down a few times but each time they do they improve their squad a bit and bank a bit more money so the second or third promotion "sticks" and the teams then become established. imho.

hope you're right, but there's more tears in doing it like that!
    Suzanne Claret
    Suzanne Claret
    1st Team Bench

Post  Suzanne Claret Mon 04 Mar 2013, 11:22 am

* OK, where will Hammers finish - and who are your current guesses for bottom three? You haven't got to be polite on Reading either, I'm not expecting much coming back positive!!

I always believed right from the start of the season that we would stay up and not be in danger of getting dragged into the relegation zone. Out of the three promoted clubs I thought were better equipped for the premiership.

It looks like QPR & Villa are doomed, so it’s one place left for Reading, Southampton and Wigan to fight over. Wigan can’t keep pulling off an escape and it’s my hope that this will be the season that they don’t. Reading and Southampton better hope that Wigan’s experience of an end of season dog-fight doesn’t give them an advantage.

West Ham should finish the season between 12 & 14 having never once been in a relegation place. That for me is a great first season back up.
    daib0
    daib0
    Academy

Post  daib0 Mon 04 Mar 2013, 2:32 pm

Suzanne Claret wrote:* Was this sort of what you predicted back last summer, or did you have it differently?

* OK, where will Hammers finish - and who are your current guesses for bottom three? You haven't got to be polite on Reading either, I'm not expecting much coming back positive!!

I always believed right from the start of the season that we would stay up and not be in danger of getting dragged into the relegation zone. Out of the three promoted clubs I thought were better equipped for the premiership.

It looks like QPR & Villa are doomed, so it’s one place left for Reading, Southampton and Wigan to fight over. Wigan can’t keep pulling off an escape and it’s my hope that this will be the season that they don’t. Reading and Southampton better hope that Wigan’s experience of an end of season dog-fight doesn’t give them an advantage.

West Ham should finish the season between 12 & 14 having never once been in a relegation place. That for me is a great first season back up.

good fair post that!
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Mon 04 Mar 2013, 3:27 pm

Wigan have got a right bastid of a run in too cheesey grin

home:
    Newcastle
    Norwich
    Swansea
    Spuds
    West Brom
    Villa

away:
    Everton
    QPR
    west Ham
    arsenal

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 27 Apr 2024, 6:00 pm