West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

5 posters

The 8 worst UK cities and towns to live in

Admin
    Admin
    1st team

The 8 worst UK cities and towns to live in Empty The 8 worst UK cities and towns to live in

Post  Admin Sun 28 Apr 2013, 9:34 am

Found this while reading some news this morning , sad really , Ilford and Romford used to be ok areas and the East End , bloody shame .

East London
    East London, home of the famed cockney accent and the working class East End, tops the poll for 2011 for worst place in the UK to live, as judged by the people living there. East London also has the misfortune to be surrounded on all sides by other areas of London that are almost as bad in the eyes of the locals, and is the most unsafe place in the UK.

Ilford
    Located on the eastern side of Greater London, Ilford inhabitants are quite disgruntled because their town does not attract much investment or upgrades of the existing infrastructure. Locals also say that their neighbours are the least friendly and helpful of all the towns in the survey.

South East London
    South east London residents do not express a particular bugbear with their area, but rather earn their place in the top three with a general dissatisfaction across the board with their area.

Luton
    Diminishing the sense of happiness with their neighbourhood is the perceived high cost of living for Luton residents. Coupled with the general irritation of London residents at the lack of available living space, this gives Luton a ranking of fourth worst place to live in the UK.

Romford
    Romford is another area ranked badly in the Greater London area, and is located at the eastern edge, bordered by the second-worst town, Ilford. Residents do not identify one particular issue that makes their town an unsatisfactory place to live, but instead gain a place on the list due to unhappiness with many issues.

Oldham
    Unluckily for those living in Oldham in Manchester, their town is the only non-London town to make it into the top eight worst places to live in the UK. According to the poll, this stems from inhabitants being dissatisfied with the amount of things to do in the area. In addition, those living in Oldham are not too impressed with the community spirit and safety of their neighbourhood.

Enfield
    The disillusionment with the town that locals have with Enfield may be strongly influenced by the London riots of 2011, which began in Tottenham in North London and spread to Enfield and other locations. However, despite the destruction of the riots, Enfield is not rated the most unsafe place, as that dubious honour goes to East London instead.

North London
    People living in North London are the most stressed for living space, according to the survey. Despite this, the locals slide down the list of worst towns due to their assurance that their house prices will remain stable over time and not drop in price when the time comes to sell up and move on.

Charlie Ham
    Charlie Ham
    1st Team Bench

The 8 worst UK cities and towns to live in Empty Re: The 8 worst UK cities and towns to live in

Post  Charlie Ham Sun 28 Apr 2013, 9:55 am

If you travel to west ham during the day you feel you need to take your passport with you
    Like travelling abroad.
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

The 8 worst UK cities and towns to live in Empty Re: The 8 worst UK cities and towns to live in

Post  Admin Sun 28 Apr 2013, 10:01 am

Charlie Ham wrote:If you travel to west ham during the day you feel you need to take your passport with you
    Like travelling abroad.

I lived in Upton Park years ago Charlie , never had a problem walking home late at night , would,nt do it now
    Johnny K
    Johnny K
    Academy

Post  Johnny K Sun 28 Apr 2013, 10:10 am

I had a great time in Enfield last weekend although most of my mates comment on going in to the town & hearing more east European languages than English. The only comment I have is when I was a kid going to Enfield really was like going out to a market town but now it is just another part of London. Can't say I felt threatened at all though, apart from the shops taking my plastic cards for a tanking!
    Abbi Normal
    Abbi Normal
    Academy

Post  Abbi Normal Sun 28 Apr 2013, 10:50 am

the east end has been murdered by the ravin ab dabs ... some areas are no go areas .... along with the filth .... it was never a beautiful place to live but it wasnt as bad as it is now ..... english shops are all but gone as the foreigners only buy from their own and english just wont take the chance of the clenliness of the food especially after its seen rolling all over the pavement .... upton park was always a good shopping area ... closed on wednesday afternoons Eastham also a good shopping area ... closed on thursday afternoons

in my experience the worst areas of london are Deptford and tottenham .... both full of angry ethnics who have no pride in their manor .... lawless and if you do walk out in the evenings you stand a good chance of being mugged ...Brixton used to be a fantastic place in the past ... just look at the houses .... it was a rich mans area ..but now its an ethnic settlement ... and those brainless c**ts who live there had very little in the way of pubs and shops then decided to cause the Brixton riots and were left with fuck all ... Tottenham is a shit area run buy blacks and turks .... not a football thing but drugs and other bad stuff .... gun battles that used to make the front page are now common and not worth writing about unless someone actually gets hit by a bullet

outside London ... Middlesboro is the pits .... shit area shit people ...Liverpool was rough but the people were pleasent even if they were planning to rob you

Glasgow although a very dark and old looking place is the friendliest place i have visited .... but I havnt been in the anti english/british areas to date

Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs Sun 28 Apr 2013, 2:03 pm

Romford was a nice town, in Essex, with lots of open spaces and green fields. Where I grew up we had greenhouses at the rear of our garden, where local produce was grown and probably sold on our popular market. It's now a road with houses. The horse stables and little shop opposite our house are now long gone and replaced with three storey flats. Further along another three roads now branch off of ours. All this from just one road!

As the East End swelled, with immigrants claiming the area as theirs, the boundaries were changed, and my Romford became a London borough. Year by year, the green areas were built on to accommodate the overspill and when those areas had been covered, quaint old buildings were demolished to make way to build more slums of the future. The three hospitals that served the town were also doomed and replaced by just one to cater for more residents than ever before.

The vast Brewery area,is mainly new shops, eating establishments and a cinema. However, the listed part of the building, in the high street, was converted into yet more flats. The old royal mail sorting office is now flats.

The Odeon cinema, a large car salesroom, a pub and the old post office closed down. The council gave permission to allow these four places, plus another new build, in the heart of the town centre, to operate as night clubs! Consequently, the yobs from nearby bad areas of the East End, Ilford and south London, together with our own, all congregating in one place and making it a no-go area after dark for the locals.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 02 May 2024, 2:50 am