West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

+7
Jiggs
SemiOldIron
Cochese
manurewa hammer
Dan C
Nicki
Campo
11 posters

Billy Bonds - Lifetime Achievement Award

Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Billy Bonds - Lifetime Achievement Award Empty Billy Bonds - Lifetime Achievement Award

Post  Campo Thu 09 May 2013, 7:09 pm

clap Mr Gold

Billy Bonds - Lifetime Achievement Award Bonds-honour-buries-resentment

by Hugh Southon 9th May 2013 5:32pm BST
    Exclusive
    West Ham United have buried nearly 20 years of "resentment" by honouring long serving defender Billy Bonds with the club's first ever Lifetime Achievement Award.
    Bonds was given a standing ovation all the way across the Grosvenor House Hotel as he made his way to the stage to receive the award from current captain Kevin Nolan on Wednesday evening.
    It launched "Bonzo" back into the Hammers spotlight he has shunned for nearly 20 years since losing his job as manager to Harry Redknapp in 1994.
    There have been long-standing allegations that the one time best friends fell out over the manner in which Bonds was removed from his position at Upton Park.
    Co-chairman David Gold commented: "It was a hugely emotional moment at the Grosvenor. Even the youngest person present knew about Billy who made 663 appearances for this club.
    "I drove this one. I had seen that he has one small room named after him at Upton Park - it's not enough for a man of such huge stature in our history.
    "I met with Bill several months ago and we had lunch in a Chislehurst restaurant and there were grave doubts that he would accept the award.
    "I understood that he had never been back to the club since he was manager and that there had been some resentment issues but I explained this was a new regime and had nothing to do with us.
    "I was delighted when Billy said he would accept the award and he had a wonderful evening with his family and friends.
    "The situation Billy has been in with this club is over - he is an honoured man taking his rightful place in our history."

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Nicki
    Nicki
    Academy

Billy Bonds - Lifetime Achievement Award Empty Re: Billy Bonds - Lifetime Achievement Award

Post  Nicki Thu 09 May 2013, 8:44 pm

Restoring pride in our club and its roots. Well done Mr Gold for making sure Bonzo knows how much he means to all of us. clap
    Dan C
    Dan C
    Boot Cleaner

Billy Bonds - Lifetime Achievement Award Empty Re: Billy Bonds - Lifetime Achievement Award

Post  Dan C Fri 10 May 2013, 12:19 am

My dad's seen most players in our modern history, having been attending matches since the mid-1960s - he's always maintained Bonzo is his favourite all-time Hammer, even over and above Bobby Moore. High praise indeed.
    manurewa hammer
    manurewa hammer
    Reserves

Post  manurewa hammer Fri 10 May 2013, 8:13 am

Well done Gold, Bonzo, hope you will be happy coming back home. He must be honoured in some way at the new stadium. hatsoff
    Cochese
    Cochese
    Boot Cleaner

Post  Cochese Fri 10 May 2013, 12:19 pm

I gotta say, I had my doubts when the Davids took over. Pretty much all doubts erased now.

clap
    SemiOldIron
    SemiOldIron
    Academy

Post  SemiOldIron Fri 10 May 2013, 12:23 pm

Cochese wrote:I gotta say, I had my doubts when the Davids took over. Pretty much all doubts erased now.

clap
    stupid
    Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs Fri 10 May 2013, 8:27 pm

So happy for Bonzo. He was a warrior on the pitch and all in all a great servant to our club. How many players get one testimonial, let alone two!

As Manager, Bonzo got us promoted twice. He still keeps a dignified silence over what really happened between him and Redknapp. Allegedly, he was stabbed in the back by Twitch, totally feasible now that we all have the measure of that deceitful piece of poo.

Not to mention his legs.................oooops, I mentioned his legs. Billy Bonds - Lifetime Achievement Award 2109348208

Well done Mr. Chairmen and well done Billy Billy Bonds - Lifetime Achievement Award 2498225388Billy Bonds - Lifetime Achievement Award 2498225388Billy Bonds - Lifetime Achievement Award 2498225388Billy Bonds - Lifetime Achievement Award 2498225388
    Kray JR
    Kray JR
    Reserves

Post  Kray JR Fri 10 May 2013, 8:37 pm

Would love to see Bonzo back at the club in some capacity.
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Fri 10 May 2013, 8:39 pm

Jiggs wrote:So happy for Bonzo. He was a warrior on the pitch and all in all a great servant to our club. How many players get one testimonial, let alone two!

As Manager, Bonzo got us promoted twice. He still keeps a dignified silence over what really happened between him and Redknapp. Allegedly, he was stabbed in the back by Twitch, totally feasible now that we all have the measure of that deceitful piece of poo.

Not to mention his legs.................oooops, I mentioned his legs. Billy Bonds - Lifetime Achievement Award 2109348208

Well done Mr. Chairmen and well done Billy Billy Bonds - Lifetime Achievement Award 2498225388Billy Bonds - Lifetime Achievement Award 2498225388Billy Bonds - Lifetime Achievement Award 2498225388Billy Bonds - Lifetime Achievement Award 2498225388

Alvin Martin?
    Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs Fri 10 May 2013, 8:45 pm

.....and Alvin.......How many players score a hat trick against three different goalkeepers? Billy Bonds - Lifetime Achievement Award 603151
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Fri 10 May 2013, 8:59 pm

Jiggs wrote:.....and Alvin.......How many players score a hat trick against three different goalkeepers? Billy Bonds - Lifetime Achievement Award 603151

Only "Stretch" !!
    Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs Fri 10 May 2013, 9:07 pm

Tony P wrote:
    Jiggs wrote:.....and Alvin.......How many players score a hat trick against three different goalkeepers? Billy Bonds - Lifetime Achievement Award 603151

Only "Stretch" !!

Correct Billy Bonds - Lifetime Achievement Award 2498225388
    JulianDicksLeftKnee
    JulianDicksLeftKnee
    Reserves

Post  JulianDicksLeftKnee Fri 10 May 2013, 9:26 pm

The very same man who wouldn't have been turned inside out against Maradona like Terry Fenwick was; if Bobby Robson hadn't have dropped hi from the starting XI.

Went to the second one against Chelsea wasn't it?
    Sir Ian
    Sir Ian
    Academy

Post  Sir Ian Sat 11 May 2013, 5:48 am

true legend of west ham is Bonzo and great to see him back, well done GaS hatsoff
    always remeber Bonzo and peter withe punching Fupp outta one another then grabbing each other and waltzing (literally!) around the centre circle when the ref came over to em Smile
    The Cairnes n Brown have a lot to answer for, Bonzo was prepared to have his toe chopped off to play for the club and he got Royally shafted by the cunts angry2

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 19 May 2024, 4:01 pm