West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

5 posters

Espanyol v West Ham

Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Espanyol v West Ham Empty Espanyol v West Ham

Post  Tony P Thu 05 Sep 2013, 9:15 pm

Adrian, Demel, Tomkins, Ruddock, Taylor, Jarvis, Nolan, Morrison, Noble, Vaz Te, Maiga

Subs: Subs: Jaaskelainen, Lee, Moncur, Lletget, Driver, Fanimo

HT 1-0 Noble pen

Watching second half live on WHUTV and some of our passing in central midfield, particularly from Nolan, Morrison and Noble is woeful. Simple 5 yard passes going straight to the opposition. Noble trying Hollywood passes that either go out of play or give Maiga no chance. Taylor looks SO slow

Tomkins our best player

Subs on. Moncur for Noble, Fanimo for Nolan, Driver for Demel. Moncur & Taylor gone into central midfield, Fanimo to left back and Driver to right back

Lletget on for Jarvis

Maiga completely isolated up front. RVT lacking any confidence at all. His body language is just awful

Lee on for Maiga

FT 1-0 It is very worrying how very little we created from open play, although some of the link-up play between the youngsters was impressive. However, our only goal was a penalty for handball

On a positive note we finished the game with 7 Academy graduates (8 if you include Ravel !)

James Tomkins MoM by a mile. Outstanding

Last edited by Tony P on Sat 07 Sep 2013, 9:58 am; edited 1 time in total
    Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Espanyol v West Ham Empty Re: Espanyol v West Ham

Post  Jiggs Fri 06 Sep 2013, 7:49 pm

Offish wrote:Big Sam hails Espanyol win
    West Ham United manager Sam Allardyce was delighted with the win over Espanyol

West Ham United boss Sam Allardyce was delighted to see his side triumph 1-0 at RCD Espanyol on Thursday night,
    The Hammers, who fielded a mix of experienced and young players in the international break, won 1-0 thanks to Mark Noble's first half penalty.
    Allardyce then introduced several members of his Development Squad, and he was pleased to see them cope well with the threat of Espanyol.
    "It was an excellent game," Big Sam said. "It's a different way to play when you're away in Europe. It's not like the Premier League where it gets frantic and high tempo all the time.
    "This game slows down a little bit and the lads adapted really well to that, and of course having got a goal in front, and then putting most of the young lads on, we held on to the defensive side of it really well.
    "We played the game out really well, and with no injuries too, which is the most important thing. It's a very good workout and it's given the young boys a real experience.
    "For the senior players too, James Tomkins, Adrian in goal, Matt Taylor it was important for their match fitness. For the whole squad from the aspect of tactical, technical and fitness it was very, very good.
    "It was a worthwhile workout for our players in the international break and now we hope our international players come back without any problems"
    My Allerdyce disagreeing with you Tony.........but it would appear the game meant something else to him.
    Kray JR
    Kray JR
    Reserves

Post  Kray JR Fri 06 Sep 2013, 8:01 pm

When I saw the under 21's there were some very composed passers on show dude, Moncur and Whitehead were excellent, hope they get a chance at some point.
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Sat 07 Sep 2013, 9:59 am

Jiggs wrote:

West Ham United boss Sam Allardyce was delighted to see his side triumph 1-0 at RCD Espanyol on Thursday night,
    The Hammers, who fielded a mix of experienced and young players in the international break, won 1-0 thanks to Mark Noble's first half penalty.
    Allardyce then introduced several members of his Development Squad, and he was pleased to see them cope well with the threat of Espanyol.
    "It was an excellent game," Big Sam said. "It's a different way to play when you're away in Europe. It's not like the Premier League where it gets frantic and high tempo all the time.
    "This game slows down a little bit and the lads adapted really well to that, and of course having got a goal in front, and then putting most of the young lads on, we held on to the defensive side of it really well.
    "We played the game out really well, and with no injuries too, which is the most important thing. It's a very good workout and it's given the young boys a real experience.
    "For the senior players too, James Tomkins, Adrian in goal, Matt Taylor it was important for their match fitness. For the whole squad from the aspect of tactical, technical and fitness it was very, very good.
    "It was a worthwhile workout for our players in the international break and now we hope our international players come back without any problems"
    My Allerdyce disagreeing with you Tony.........but it would appear the game meant something else to him.
    Which bit of that would suggest he disagrees with me Jiggs?
    Sir Ian
    Sir Ian
    Academy

Post  Sir Ian Sat 07 Sep 2013, 2:29 pm

it was a friendly after all, we won which is always good however meaningless the result ultimately is but having a lot of youngsters playing a fair part of the game is a good thing i think, the best bit of the whole game though is the NO injuries bit, keeps em fit and sounds like overall it was a good work out. thought carroll mightve got a little run out though the fact he didnt doesnt bode well for the saints game regarding his readiness?
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Sat 07 Sep 2013, 7:58 pm

Carroll didn't even travel with the squad Ian

I know it was only a friendly but our inability to retain possession, pass the ball to each other and the total lack of movement from the front 3 is frightening
    Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs Sun 08 Sep 2013, 2:17 pm

Tony P wrote:
    Jiggs wrote:

"For the senior players too, James Tomkins, Adrian in goal, Matt Taylor it was important for their match fitness.
    Which bit of that would suggest he disagrees with me Jiggs?
    Just that you had negatives and he didn't.  He said " For the whole squad from the aspect of tactical, technical and fitness it was very, very good."   Whilst you had concerns over midfield.
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Sun 08 Sep 2013, 3:31 pm

He is deluded then !! It might have been good for certain players' fitness but they won't be starting anyway !! Tomkins was excellent. Adrian average with poor kicking. Taylor is like a carthorse and RVT doesn't look interested. Kept moaning and shaking his head. Body language was awful

Let's see how we play away at Southampton on Sunday eh?
    Dan C
    Dan C
    Boot Cleaner

Post  Dan C Sun 08 Sep 2013, 4:45 pm

Surprised by the report of Adrian's kicking being poor. I thought his distribution was very impressive against Cheltenham, pinging accurate balls out to the touchline to the feet of team-mates. They need to cheer Vaz Te up massively before Southampton away as he really should be starting up front.
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Sun 08 Sep 2013, 4:52 pm

Dan C wrote:Surprised by the report of Adrian's kicking being poor. I thought his distribution was very impressive against Cheltenham, pinging accurate balls out to the touchline to the feet of team-mates. They need to cheer Vaz Te up massively before Southampton away as he really should be starting up front.
    I can only go by what I saw Dan. I wasn't at the Cheltenham game so can't comment. Hopefully he just had an off-day on Thursday

I agree about RVT. He needs to play up front or on the left
    Sir Ian
    Sir Ian
    Academy

Post  Sir Ian Mon 09 Sep 2013, 9:48 pm

to be fair if you were playing second fiddle to mr miagi you'd be pissed off and disinterested Sad not that i am condoning that behavouir btw!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 02 May 2024, 5:38 am