West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

5 posters

Chewsday Morning Fred

Suzanne Claret
    Suzanne Claret
    1st Team Bench

Chewsday Morning Fred Empty Chewsday Morning Fred

Post  Suzanne Claret Tue 07 Jun 2011, 9:09 am

Hi Ho Hammers Peeps.

Sunny and warm in East London.

Large vanilla latte to kick start my day :bounce:
    Geezer
    Geezer
    Reserves

Chewsday Morning Fred Empty Re: Chewsday Morning Fred

Post  Geezer Tue 07 Jun 2011, 9:20 am

Morning Suz and all that follow , kin hot here in scandyland , up to 28 today . Have a good one peeps
    Blakey
    Blakey
    Reserves

Post  Blakey Tue 07 Jun 2011, 9:28 am

Moaning

Nice and sunny atm, rain expected later.

Will be watching Jeremy, then going for my daily walk. Time and Distance extended this week.

Hopefully my consultant has filled in the paperwork for DVLA and sent it off after his week off.

Need that processed asap to get my PCV reinstated
    Johnny K
    Johnny K
    Academy

Post  Johnny K Tue 07 Jun 2011, 12:16 pm

Just come from a stressful meeting on my son's school future. Even in socially caring Scandyland financial considerations are beginning to take hold. Two organisations looking for an out so they don't have to pay for any support structure. Thank goodness his already fantastic class teacher is 100% behind him & us & isn't bowing to the pressure the heads are trying to put on her.

Post  Guest Tue 07 Jun 2011, 4:56 pm

Johnny K wrote:Just come from a stressful meeting on my son's school future. Even in socially caring Scandyland financial considerations are beginning to take hold. Two organisations looking for an out so they don't have to pay for any support structure. Thank goodness his already fantastic class teacher is 100% behind him & us & isn't bowing to the pressure the heads are trying to put on her.

If you dont mind me asking johnny what is going on?
    JulianDicksLeftKnee
    JulianDicksLeftKnee
    Reserves

Post  JulianDicksLeftKnee Tue 07 Jun 2011, 5:55 pm

It's a song by Marvin gaye isn't it?
    Johnny K
    Johnny K
    Academy

Post  Johnny K Tue 07 Jun 2011, 9:27 pm

love4hammers wrote:
    Johnny K wrote:Just come from a stressful meeting on my son's school future. Even in socially caring Scandyland financial considerations are beginning to take hold. Two organisations looking for an out so they don't have to pay for any support structure. Thank goodness his already fantastic class teacher is 100% behind him & us & isn't bowing to the pressure the heads are trying to put on her.

My son moves up to high school next year. He has some learning difficulties that they are trying to make more of than the clinic tests he had suggest. He is not disruptive & loves being at school, hasn't missed 1 day all this school year. Basically the school will have to pay for an assistant & some equipment which he is entitled to but they are trying to wriggle out of, even trying to get his class teacher, who is great, to say his condition is worse than it is. Trouble is none of the authorities want to pay for the support while virtually all parents would agree to it - there but for the grace of etc....

We seem to have the upper hand after today but both the heads involved seem a bit untrustworthy to me.

Post  Guest Tue 07 Jun 2011, 10:22 pm

Johnny K wrote:
    love4hammers wrote:

My son moves up to high school next year. He has some learning difficulties that they are trying to make more of than the clinic tests he had suggest. He is not disruptive & loves being at school, hasn't missed 1 day all this school year. Basically the school will have to pay for an assistant & some equipment which he is entitled to but they are trying to wriggle out of, even trying to get his class teacher, who is great, to say his condition is worse than it is. Trouble is none of the authorities want to pay for the support while virtually all parents would agree to it - there but for the grace of etc....

We seem to have the upper hand after today but both the heads involved seem a bit untrustworthy to me.

This is a problem that seems to be getting worse everywhere, the funding has been totally withdrawn for any kind of learning support at my local college. A freind who was on a course with me recently is dyslexic and received no help whatsoever. It is a shame really people are supposed to have the oppurtunity to do whatever they wish to do and to have an education that has no boundaries, unfourtunatly that does not seem to be the case.
    Johnny K
    Johnny K
    Academy

Post  Johnny K Tue 07 Jun 2011, 10:29 pm

I make you right, mate. They were ok over here & we got a lot of support at first but his diagnosis has changed & he is now considered borderline. This is great for him as it shows the progress he has made but it does allow the authorities to try to bend the guidelines & these days, with the politicians on their backs trying to save money, they look for a way out of co-operating.

I guess you have to be involved with a person with these sort of problems to fully understand but I do believe most parents would support the development of kids with these problems as long as they aren't disruptive in class or hold back the others.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 02 May 2024, 9:11 pm