West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

+8
RichB
Campo
Hungry Hammer 66
IronDane
Tony P
Charlie Ham
Arran H
Admin
12 posters

West Ham United FC V Chelsea

Hungry Hammer 66
    Hungry Hammer 66
    Boot Cleaner

West Ham United FC V Chelsea - Page 2 Empty Re: West Ham United FC V Chelsea

Post  Hungry Hammer 66 Sun 24 Nov 2013, 4:01 pm

Just wondering where all the denialist's are today ???
    Kray JR
    Kray JR
    Reserves

Post  Kray JR Sun 24 Nov 2013, 4:16 pm

Did he not do the job he was bought in to do ?
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Sun 24 Nov 2013, 4:38 pm

Hungry Hammer 66 wrote:Just wondering where all the denialist's are today ???
    I am here, yes Sam has made errors has done the board but fupp me people have short memories of how far in the total shit this club was only a few years ago under the biscuit barrons,

Dyer £83k a week etc

Yeah Sam is making a few fuckups this season , but look at the shit we have put up with of late.
    do i trust Sam to turn this around? .. Yes

to put it into perspective, the Spuds spend around £100M in the summer, have the so called genius of AVB and just got stuffed at the blue mancs 6-0

There are 20 teams in the top flight in this country, West Ham is not a BIG club no matter what some of our supporters think we are, we are skint thanks to previous owners, Brown would not invest, the biscuit barnpots nearly took us to the conference league had they carried on in charge

to be fupping honest we are fortunate that we still have a club, we are still in the premier league, we don't have oil rich owners to fund what ever we want, we move to a new stadium with increased revenue and hope, it really is about time some fan realise the reality of what West Ham is and not the fantasy.

The club is not OWED premiership status or the god given right to be in the top 10 because we are West Ham.

Don't get me wrong i was as pissed off as the next man with yesterdays performance it was noting short of shit but i will not be a fupping turned into a BOO Boy prick because things ain't going our way.

Kray JR
    Kray JR
    Reserves

Post  Kray JR Sun 24 Nov 2013, 4:48 pm

Campo wrote:
    I am here, yes Sam has made errors has done the board but fupp me people have short memories of how far in the total shit this club was only a few years ago under the biscuit barrons,

Dyer £83k a week etc

Yeah Sam is making a few fuckups this season , but look at the shit we have put up with of late.

to put it into perspective, the Spuds spend around £100M in the summer, have the so called genius of AVB and just got stuffed at the blue mancs 6-0

There are 20 teams in the top flight in this country, West Ham is not a BIG club no matter what some of our supporters think we are, we are skint thanks to previous owners, Brown would not invest, the biscuit barnpots nearly took us to the conference league had they carried on in charge

to be fupping honest we are fortunate that we still have a club, we are still in the premier league, we don't have oil rich owners to fund what ever we want, we move to a new stadium with increased revenue and hope,  it really is about time some fan realise the reality of what West Ham is and not the fantasy.

The club is not OWED premiership status or the god given right to be in the top 10 because we are West Ham.

Don't get me wrong i was as pissed off as the next man with yesterdays performance it was noting short of shit but i will not be a fupping turned into a BOO Boy prick because things ain't going our way.

yeah that
    Hungry Hammer 66
    Hungry Hammer 66
    Boot Cleaner

Post  Hungry Hammer 66 Sun 24 Nov 2013, 6:12 pm

Campo wrote:

Dyer £83k a week etc

to be fupping honest we are fortunate that we still have a club, we are still in the premier league, we don't have oil rich owners to fund what ever we want, we move to a new stadium with increased revenue and hope,  it really is about time some fan realise the reality of what West Ham is and not the fantasy.

Look, I'm aware of how in the past we were raped and pillaged, how tight Brown was and how the biscuit bastards took us to the brink and I know The Daves took us on when we were in financial meltdown and have steadied the ship with their own cash but I'm sorry,  their vision for the future, for us the fans and  emotional stake holders of our beloved West Ham is Fat Allardyce and his dissasterious, antiquated hit and hope football is going to get us no where and we are witnessing their combined feck ups on the pitch right now and it's frankly embarrassing.
    Everything about how BFS carrys himself his full of his own self importance, arrogant attitude, that horrible accent while blaming every one and every thing else and while wearing our badge and representing us just feels soooooo wrong

Last edited by Hungry Hammer 66 on Sun 24 Nov 2013, 6:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Sun 24 Nov 2013, 6:13 pm

Tony P wrote:Apart from Sam's woeful team selection - again - the thing that disappointed me most was our lack of intensity. Just like the Citeh game we stood off players that are too good to be allowed that much time on the ball. For the most part it looked like a training game for Chelsea

When I watched Sunderland beat Man City it was obvious that City's players were far better technically so Sunderland harried and hassled them out of their stride. They got in their faces and gave everything they had

Worryingly I am not seeing that from our players right now. I see untouchables like Nolan seemingly going through the motions. If Nolan is not playing behind Andy Carroll (or a similar target man) then realistically there is no place for him in the team in this system. He is immobile and slow. He cannot tackle and does not track back. Being club captain should not be reason enough to play any player if they are not contributing to the TEAM. I would rather see Joe Cole in Kevin Nolan's position than wasted out wide

I see the raw talent of Ravel Morrison being stifled by him playing so deep that he is ineffective. I see a lightweight like Collison being played as a holding midfield player when a powerhouse like Diame is continually left out or subbed

I see Noble continually delivering sub-standard dead ball kicks time and time again, yet nothing changes. I see Collins and Tomkins hoofing hopeful long high balls to............who exactly? Big Kevin Nolan? Do me a favour

We have players that are easily good enough to get us to mid-table. Playing them in the right system, in their best positions and with the right intensity is the manager's job

Sort it out Sam before it is too late

stupid
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Sun 24 Nov 2013, 6:24 pm

HH66

Sam has kept far worse teams in the top flight than West Ham United and done it with relative ease.
    Stability is a must now, right from top to bottom
    Hungry Hammer 66
    Hungry Hammer 66
    Boot Cleaner

Post  Hungry Hammer 66 Sun 24 Nov 2013, 7:39 pm

When Vaz Te scored in the play off final he cursed us with Allardyce in the Premiership and his hit and hope football is no blueprint for our future or stability and also, lest we forget we all know what team he once played for !!!
    Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs Sun 24 Nov 2013, 10:07 pm

Awwww....give it up HH .... He aint the man to take us forward, but he's what we've got and he will keep us in the Dogs bollix league, which is where we'll need to be when we get to Stratford.
    Hungry Hammer 66
    Hungry Hammer 66
    Boot Cleaner

Post  Hungry Hammer 66 Sun 24 Nov 2013, 11:24 pm

Denial !!

Every team in the prem now looks at us as an easy 3 points and I'm sorry mate but unless you have been watching different games to me Allardyce is doing his very best not to keep us up but to relegate us. He has signed a crock of shit ( apart from morrison who is clearly classy but was more luck than judgement ) who he hasn't improved and through his dissasterous team selections and tactics and management etc are visibly loosing confidence and getting worse game by game and how on this form can we have any faith in him signing any one in Jan who will keep us up unless of course he signs
    Hartson and Kitson !!
    Dan C
    Dan C
    Boot Cleaner

Post  Dan C Sun 24 Nov 2013, 11:30 pm

It's not denial. Patience, realism and support are better words, I'd say.
    Hungry Hammer 66
    Hungry Hammer 66
    Boot Cleaner

Post  Hungry Hammer 66 Mon 25 Nov 2013, 9:10 am

Did you watch the disgrace that was Chelsea at home,
    That was Realism and if we loose to Fulham and Palace there will be no coming back !!!
    Dan C
    Dan C
    Boot Cleaner

Post  Dan C Mon 25 Nov 2013, 5:29 pm

Yes. I haven't missed a game, home or away in all competitions, since March.

Moving away from responding to you, and delivering a more general reflection on the game...:

I thought we were well in the game until a defensive error, for the second game in a row. The original mistake, for me, came from Jaaskelainen. He should have come for the ball that Tomkins eventually had to clear. We never got the ball back and eventually, after Demel's loss of brainpower, the penalty was conceded. I'd said to Jiggs before the game that Lampard was bound to end his drought against us with a penalty in front of the Bobby Moore Stand. I refuse to boo him now as a) it's become tired and old and b) his career, both at club and international level, really does deserve a lot of respect.

Ginge made an error of judgement for the second, following Hazard, and, while it was a good finish from Oscar, Jussi should have moved his feet quicker to get across.

I was appalled by the substitutions on 40 minutes. It is humiliating to be dragged off in the first half and the choice of scapegoats was misplaced at best. Waiting until half-time would have at least saved a bit of morale, especially for Joe against his old club. Diame is not a winger (it's arguable that Maiga is not a striker!). The changes baffled me, both in the selection of personnel and in their timing. We improved slightly in the second half but never really looked like scoring.

In terms of where we go from here, we need to play a recognised striker. We are not, in my opinion, playing 4-6-0, and haven't since Swansea when Vaz Te got injured. We are playing 4-5-1, with Nolan as the '1'. We need to play Carlton Cole up front and have people around him and really get on the front foot against Fulham. I doubt Joe Cole will be in the best frame of mind to start next week now and I think the time has come to take Nolan out of the firing line, with Diame back in the centre of midfield and Morrison playing closest to the striker.

I also think that it is time to leave out Jaaskelainen. I have never been a fan of his, but admit his form has been top-drawer since Tottenham at home in February, right up until that mistake at Norwich. His decision-making in the last two games has been poor and he has returned to having 'superglue on his studs' that he had in the first half of last season. I have been reasonably impressed by Adrian in the Cup games and encouraged enough to think he is worth the call now. For Fulham, I would go with:

Adrian
    Demel, Collins, Tomkins, O'Brien
    Diame, Morrison, Noble
    Downing, C. Cole, Jarvis.

Subs: Jaaskelainen, McCartney, Taylor, Collison, Nolan, J. Cole, Maiga.
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Mon 25 Nov 2013, 7:49 pm

Dan C wrote:Yes. I haven't missed a game, home or away in all competitions, since March.

Moving away from responding to you, and delivering a more general reflection on the game...:

I thought we were well in the game until a defensive error, for the second game in a row. The original mistake, for me, came from Jaaskelainen. He should have come for the ball that Tomkins eventually had to clear. We never got the ball back and eventually, after Demel's loss of brainpower, the penalty was conceded. I'd said to Jiggs before the game that Lampard was bound to end his drought against us with a penalty in front of the Bobby Moore Stand. I refuse to boo him now as a) it's become tired and old and b) his career, both at club and international level, really does deserve a lot of respect.

Ginge made an error of judgement for the second, following Hazard, and, while it was a good finish from Oscar, Jussi should have moved his feet quicker to get across.

I was appalled by the substitutions on 40 minutes. It is humiliating to be dragged off in the first half and the choice of scapegoats was misplaced at best. Waiting until half-time would have at least saved a bit of morale, especially for Joe against his old club. Diame is not a winger (it's arguable that Maiga is not a striker!). The changes baffled me, both in the selection of personnel and in their timing. We improved slightly in the second half but never really looked like scoring.

In terms of where we go from here, we need to play a recognised striker. We are not, in my opinion, playing 4-6-0, and haven't since Swansea when Vaz Te got injured. We are playing 4-5-1, with Nolan as the '1'. We need to play Carlton Cole up front and have people around him and really get on the front foot against Fulham. I doubt Joe Cole will be in the best frame of mind to start next week now and I think the time has come to take Nolan out of the firing line, with Diame back in the centre of midfield and Morrison playing closest to the striker.

I also think that it is time to leave out Jaaskelainen. I have never been a fan of his, but admit his form has been top-drawer since Tottenham at home in February, right up until that mistake at Norwich. His decision-making in the last two games has been poor and he has returned to having 'superglue on his studs' that he had in the first half of last season. I have been reasonably impressed by Adrian in the Cup games and encouraged enough to think he is worth the call now. For Fulham, I would go with:

Adrian
    Demel, Collins, Tomkins, O'Brien
    Diame, Morrison, Noble
    Downing, C. Cole, Jarvis.

Subs: Jaaskelainen, McCartney, Taylor, Collison, Nolan, J. Cole, Maiga.
    I don't agree with that Dan. Collins had no choice but to step out as NOBODY from midfield had tracked Hazard - or Oscar or Ramires for that matter; something that occurred for most of the match. Although Collins "sold" himself it was a clever flick around the corner to Oscar but the lack of ANY midfield player around Oscar or Hazard was unforgivable IMO. He was then allowed to advance on goal. Neither Tomkins or Demel got out to him to close him down. The shot was not that powerful and as usual Jussi went down in installments. I was only surprised that he did not just drop to his knees like he normally does !

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

A midfield trio of Collison, Morrison and Noble is suicide against any side; let alone a side with a midfield like Chelsea's. It was like a training match for them

I agree about Jussi. Adrian was No.1 at his La Liga side for 2 years. He is no rookie and has the presence that Jussi lacks. He also appears to be more agile

I would also recall McCartney at left back. Joey O'Brien was awful on Saturday. He is SO right footed that he can be read like a book. McCartney has played 90 minutes in his comeback and we could at least start him if Rat has not recovered in time. I would put Elliot Lee on the bench ahead of Maiga in the unlikely event that we need to go 4-4-2

Last edited by Tony P on Tue 26 Nov 2013, 9:41 am; edited 2 times in total
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Mon 25 Nov 2013, 9:43 pm

Cheers Tony
    this pic from that site says it all

West Ham United FC V Chelsea - Page 2 Goal_2_4
    Hungry Hammer 66
    Hungry Hammer 66
    Boot Cleaner

Post  Hungry Hammer 66 Mon 25 Nov 2013, 10:26 pm

Both Great posts, full of creedance and tactical insight and an understanding of our West Ham, and the polar opposite of our useless outdated manager so why you continue to back him beggars belief
    Arran H
    Reserves

Post  Arran H Tue 26 Nov 2013, 8:27 am

I really believe that if we lose to both Fulham & Palace then I think the Board are going to have to look at the bigger picture as we all know what happen when they kept backing the last manager when were struggling...We got relegated ! It will be interesting to see if the board make that same mistake if we are in the bottom 3 at xmas ??

I personally don't think we will go down and I still think we will finish around 10th place again - The squad we have is to good to finish around the bottom 4 in my opinion !

Plus anyone remember Zola`s first season - Struggling first half of season and fighting for Europa spot in the 2nd half
    Hungry Hammer 66
    Hungry Hammer 66
    Boot Cleaner

Post  Hungry Hammer 66 Tue 26 Nov 2013, 7:09 pm

Really hoping that if we keep sledging Fat Sam he will do a Trott and GTF out of town !!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 27 Apr 2024, 1:50 am