West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

+11
mottinghammer
manurewa hammer
Kray JR
Dan C
JulianDicksLeftKnee
Campo
Jiggs
Charlie Ham
Hungry Hammer 66
Tony P
Admin
15 posters

Halfway through the season

SemiOldIron
    SemiOldIron
    Academy

Halfway through the season  - Page 2 Empty Re: Halfway through the season

Post  SemiOldIron Mon 16 Dec 2013, 12:37 pm

Campo wrote:on the plus side we have the same goal difference as the spuds  cheesey grin 

.....and one more manager than them, as well! Wink 
    Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs Mon 16 Dec 2013, 3:33 pm

Damn, they sacked him ......... We've got no chance on Wednesday now!
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Mon 16 Dec 2013, 4:48 pm

They,ll fall to pieces mark my words  Halfway through the season  - Page 2 780148547
    Campo
    Campo
    1st team

Post  Campo Mon 16 Dec 2013, 6:23 pm

£100M spent and they still done worse than us against the scouse  rofl smiley  , long may it continue
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Mon 16 Dec 2013, 7:22 pm

Jiggs wrote:Damn, they sacked him ......... We've got no chance on Wednesday now!

They'll play strikers and attacking midfielders now. Something AVB thought he could do without
    Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs Mon 16 Dec 2013, 7:40 pm

Tony P wrote:
    Jiggs wrote:Damn, they sacked him ......... We've got no chance on Wednesday now!

They'll play strikers and attacking midfielders now. Something AVB thought he could do without

Do you think he copies BFS or vice versa?
    Hungry Hammer 66
    Hungry Hammer 66
    Boot Cleaner

Post  Hungry Hammer 66 Mon 16 Dec 2013, 7:55 pm

After just watching the stomache churning and poisenous Alan Sugar talk live on Sky about the sacking of AVB and "them" in general I have taken a close look at my behaviour and way  I express my concerns about the direction I see our WHUFC heading, and with my hand on heart I apologise to all learned Hammers who take time to read and to post oppinions on this site as I saw a little of my ranting ( which I saw as Alf Garnet like ) in him ( Sugar ) and the vile and dispicable club he was once chairman of and supports ( uuuuuuurgh ) and I will endevour to deliver my opinions more in keeping with........
    THE WEST HAM WAY .......
    Saying that I read in the Mirror on Monday morning that we havnt even reached Xmas and D.S. has said that the season is a write off and in the same piece that Fat Sam will play a weakend side in the quater final against the front wheel skids compared to the side that drew 0-0 at home on Saturday with bottom of the table Sunderland !!!
    I'm sorry but I find this defeatist attitude plain wrong and unacceptable from the people running our club!
    Irons In The Soul
    SemiOldIron
    SemiOldIron
    Academy

Post  SemiOldIron Tue 17 Dec 2013, 9:31 am

Tony P wrote:

He's tailor-made for any vacancy arising with us then.......
    Suzanne Claret
    Suzanne Claret
    1st Team Bench

Post  Suzanne Claret Tue 17 Dec 2013, 10:49 am

Whilst the start to this season has been shaky I don’t see the need to panic just yet. The ‘patch’ we are currently going through occurred for a short period last season although it was later on when we already had some points on the board and we finished 10th.

Whilst other clubs are having a sudden rush of blood to the head and sacking their manager’s only Palace have seen an up-turn in fortunes.

Another manager cannot un-injured Carroll, Reid and Downing. Cannot make Ba leave Chelsea and come on loan to us, cannot prevent Mirallas from persuading Lukaku to go to Everton.

It’s time to hold firm, time to support West Ham through this rocky patch – we and them will come out of the other end still with our Premiership status intact. We can then re-group in the summer and push on.

It’s easy to be a supporter when things are going well – do you have what it takes to carry on when things are bad? It looks very much like one of you does not.
    Hungry Hammer 66
    Hungry Hammer 66
    Boot Cleaner

Post  Hungry Hammer 66 Tue 17 Dec 2013, 1:11 pm

Exactly, just like the support given by our owner who before Xmas has declared the season for our West Ham a "write off "
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Tue 17 Dec 2013, 5:40 pm

Spot on Suz
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Tue 17 Dec 2013, 7:23 pm

Suzanne Claret wrote:Whilst the start to this season has been shaky I don’t see the need to panic just yet. The ‘patch’ we are currently going through occurred for a short period last season although it was later on when we already had some points on the board and we finished 10th.

Whilst other clubs are having a sudden rush of blood to the head and sacking their manager’s only Palace have seen an up-turn in fortunes.

Another manager cannot un-injured Carroll, Reid and Downing. Cannot make Ba leave Chelsea and come on loan to us, cannot prevent Mirallas from persuading Lukaku to go to Everton.

It’s time to hold firm, time to support West Ham through this rocky patch – we and them will come out of the other end still with our Premiership status intact. We can then re-group in the summer and push on.

It’s easy to be a supporter when things are going well – do you have what it takes to carry on when things are bad? It looks very much like one of you does not.

clap 
    Jiggs
    Jiggs
    1st team

Post  Jiggs Tue 17 Dec 2013, 9:25 pm

I was so mad at the team after the Sunderland must win 0-0 bore draw.  The second half, equally as terrible as the first, left me wondering just what was said at half time. Anyway, I had my say at the time and now it's onto the next game. But, starting with the very next game, DS is declaring this season a write off?  

There is always a chance of a cup run/win for any team, so that's being written off by fielding a weak side against the squirts.  From the starting eleven that emerged victorious from Shite Hart Lane, Reid, Vaz Te and Downing are injured. Rat is only fit enough for the bench and Nolan is suspended, although that is, allegedly, a plus point Smile Having to field five different players for the Sunderland game obviously made the team weaker. So how on earth can it be weakened further? Playing the kids would at least see some commitment out there!

Now DS wouldn't be writing off a top four, champions league place would he.  The only thing we were ever in it for was to secure our premiership status and possibly finish higher.  This is the dreaded 2nd year back for us don't forget. But I do believe we will survive although most probably lower in the league.  So ner Mr ChairmanHalfway through the season  - Page 2 O045write the season off? - how very dare you!!
    manurewa hammer
    manurewa hammer
    Reserves

Post  manurewa hammer Wed 18 Dec 2013, 6:38 am

Jiggs, the way i read it is that DG is not writing the season off totally, i believe he is saying that its not going to be as good as he would have like or expected, and that we are looking at just hanging in there. Thats just my take on things, i may be wrong for the second time in 64 years, but i think we will hang on. in the true West Ham way eh!
    COYI
    Arran H
    Reserves

Post  Arran H Wed 18 Dec 2013, 7:51 am

I think we will survive this season and maybe finish around 14th-17th but cant see us getting any higher then that , The question is tho Will we finish the season under Sam or will it be another manager !?!?!?

alfiehammer
    alfiehammer
    Reserves

Post  alfiehammer Wed 18 Dec 2013, 11:26 am

Hungry Hammer 66 wrote:After just watching the stomache churning and poisenous Alan Sugar talk live on Sky about the sacking of AVB and "them" in general I have taken a close look at my behaviour and way  I express my concerns about the direction I see our WHUFC heading, and with my hand on heart I apologise to all learned Hammers who take time to read and to post oppinions on this site as I saw a little of my ranting ( which I saw as Alf Garnet like ) in him ( Sugar ) and the vile and dispicable club he was once chairman of and supports ( uuuuuuurgh ) and I will endevour to deliver my opinions more in keeping with........
    THE WEST HAM WAY .......
    Saying that I read in the Mirror on Monday morning that we havnt even reached Xmas and D.S. has said that the season is a write off and in the same piece that Fat Sam will play a weakend side in the quater final against the front wheel skids compared to the side that drew 0-0 at home on Saturday with bottom of the table Sunderland !!!
    I'm sorry but I find this defeatist attitude plain wrong and unacceptable from the people running our club!
    Irons In The Soul

I've never minded ya posts or pov, all healthy in a chat room. Keep on a posting, only thing I ever don't like is when it gets personal. Long as there is none of that in posts I'm good.

COYIs
    alfiehammer
    alfiehammer
    Reserves

Post  alfiehammer Wed 18 Dec 2013, 11:31 am

Tony P wrote:
    Suzanne Claret wrote:Whilst the start to this season has been shaky I don’t see the need to panic just yet. The ‘patch’ we are currently going through occurred for a short period last season although it was later on when we already had some points on the board and we finished 10th.

clap 

Very well put  Halfway through the season  - Page 2 1518089606 
    Hungry Hammer 66
    Hungry Hammer 66
    Boot Cleaner

Post  Hungry Hammer 66 Wed 18 Dec 2013, 12:07 pm

alfiehammer wrote:
    Hungry Hammer 66 wrote:After just watching the stomache churning and poisenous Alan Sugar talk live on Sky about the sacking of AVB and "them" in general I have taken a close look at my behaviour and way  I express my concerns about the direction I see our WHUFC heading, and with my hand on heart I apologise to all learned Hammers who take time to read and to post oppinions on this site as I saw a little of my ranting ( which I saw as Alf Garnet like ) in him ( Sugar ) and the vile and dispicable club he was once chairman of and supports ( uuuuuuurgh ) and I will endevour to deliver my opinions more in keeping with........
    THE WEST HAM WAY .......
    Irons In The Soul

I've never minded ya posts or pov, all healthy in a chat room. Keep on a posting, only thing I ever don't like is when it gets personal. Long as there is none of that in posts I'm good.

COYIs

Thanks mate
    Irons In The Soul

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 19 May 2024, 5:25 pm