West Ham Cockney Boys

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
West Ham Cockney Boys

+8
Campo
Hungry Hammer 66
Jiggs
Stooby Doo 2002
Kray JR
RichB
Tony P
Admin
12 posters

Fullham V West Ham United FC

Hungry Hammer 66
    Hungry Hammer 66
    Boot Cleaner

Fullham V West Ham United FC - Page 2 Empty Re: Fullham V West Ham United FC

Post  Hungry Hammer 66 Wed 01 Jan 2014, 6:08 pm

Jiggs wrote:You disappoint me HH.  

After all you have said and argued against, it's better that you sit back in silence, wallowing in your smugness.

Like Our decision makers at our WHUFC disappoint me and have caused another toxic environment at our club
    WE DESERVE BETTER
    Irons In The Soul
    alfiehammer
    alfiehammer
    Reserves

Post  alfiehammer Wed 01 Jan 2014, 6:21 pm

Another game missed being at work, another bad result and doom and gloom when I log on.  Fullham V West Ham United FC - Page 2 36535801 
    Hungry Hammer 66
    Hungry Hammer 66
    Boot Cleaner

Post  Hungry Hammer 66 Wed 01 Jan 2014, 6:27 pm

Awh,
    It's not all doom and gloom mate, our brilliant vice chairman, Karen Brady, whose insightful and visionary input in to the direction of our club now sees us second from bottom, staring at relegation and an embarrassment was made a CBE in the New Years honours list !!!
    Admin
    Admin
    1st team

Post  Admin Wed 01 Jan 2014, 7:28 pm

Queen Karen  Bow
    Kray JR
    Kray JR
    Reserves

Post  Kray JR Wed 01 Jan 2014, 7:38 pm

Hungry Hammer 66 wrote:Awh,
    It's not all doom and gloom mate, our brilliant vice chairman, Karen Brady, whose insightful and visionary input in to the direction of our club now sees us second from bottom, staring at relegation and an embarrassment was made a CBE in the New Years honours list !!!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Dan C
    Dan C
    Boot Cleaner

Post  Dan C Wed 01 Jan 2014, 8:42 pm

I am just back from Fulham and it was a strange afternoon. I was intrigued by the starting line-up and the way we started certainly would have silenced any who believe Sam is one-dimensional tactically. It was a 3-5-1-1 that set out to attack early on. The best form of defence was attack today and we started very impressively in the new formation, taking the lead and almost doubling it through Nolan's header.

Noble's injury led to things falling apart. The decision to replace him with Rat was bizarre. Fulham were always going to score today, given our defensive weaknesses, so it was obvious that we would need more than the one goal we already had to win the game. Adding another full-back to the pot was an error. Joe Cole should have been added to the middle of midfield to retain possession and create openings on the counter. Instead, Fulham scored immediately (Jussi a victim of his superglue studs again) and our captain had an indefensibly brainless moment which ensured we would not be taking three points from the game - a possibility which was still on the cards at 1-1, given how poor Fulham were/are.

The decision to remove Diame was also a head-scratcher. Allardyce, through choice, decided to add to the loss of our best three-centre-halves and three of our four best central midfielders (Morrison, Nolan and Noble) by removing the remaining one (Diame)! This, added to the fact our best striker was already out, meant we had a very weak spine to go along with our 10 men when chasing the game. Diame simply had to stay on the pitch.

I have stuck by Big Sam and I will not be changing tack now. There is no-one available who we could be sure could get us out of our current situation. For me, in this instance, it's better the devil you know and I would stick rather than twist.
    Hungry Hammer 66
    Hungry Hammer 66
    Boot Cleaner

Post  Hungry Hammer 66 Wed 01 Jan 2014, 9:24 pm

Kray JR wrote:
    Hungry Hammer 66 wrote:Awh,

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Broken Football Club . Com
    Tony P
    Tony P
    1st Team Bench

Post  Tony P Wed 01 Jan 2014, 11:13 pm

Dan, the formation was certainly interesting. However, the choice of personnel baffled me. Our central midfield is weak enough when they are all fit but to choose to start with Collison, Taylor & Noble gave us no pace, height or power whatsoever. Adel Taarabt ran rings around all 3 of them on his own. Had his decision making been better we could have been behind before half time. The gaping holes left on each wing were frightening; allowing their right back, in particular, to put crosses into our box almost at will. With a goalkeeper who does not command his box or come off his line my heart was in my mouth every time the crosses came in.

We had no creativity or pace in that side whatsoever. Maybe BFS came for a point. Negative in the extreme. Fulham had just been beaten 0-6 in their previous game and their defensive record is appalling, yet we seemed to come for a point. Our goal came from a long punt forward which Senderos chose not to head away. Credit Diame for his control and finish though. Nolan then missed a guilt edged chance on his left foot when he clearly missed the ball. His header shortly afterwards was well saved by Fulham's keeper. Fulham's equaliser was defensively terrible. Yet again a cross came in from our left. Jussi who wasn't being impeded or challenged by anyone chose to stay on his line and not come and deal with a ball 6 yards out. No change there then. McCartney's marking was woeful and Sidwell had a free header. We then went to pieces and could have conceded another two straight afterwards. Confidence shattered

Nolan then lost his head - again - and got himself sent off. Mind you Amorebieta made a meal of it

The second half was always going to be a backs-to-the-wall exercise. However, our ball retention is terrible and gets worse each game

Replacing Noble with Rat and Diame with Downing whilst leaving Collison and Taylor on the pitch was baffling to say the least

When Downing came on he looked lively but with Cole up front it was a futile effort

Sloppy defending left Berbatov with a simple tap-in with no West Ham player anywhere near him

I really don't know where we go from here. It would be easy to call for Sam's head but I really don't see that helping us. What he must do is play the right personnel in their best positions in a formation that works for them - and not being so stubborn and pigheaded with his "one up front and lump it" system

Exasperated of Sidcup

PS Just seen an Opta stat that West Ham have conceded more points from winning positions than any other team in the Premier League this season
    Charlie Ham
    Charlie Ham
    1st Team Bench

Post  Charlie Ham Wed 01 Jan 2014, 11:59 pm

Just watching the game on Sky and now at HT.
    I know it is highlights however our passing when in their half seems to be non-existence.
    Hungry Hammer 66
    Hungry Hammer 66
    Boot Cleaner

Post  Hungry Hammer 66 Thu 02 Jan 2014, 12:13 am

"I don't know what's going on with Kevin at the moment"
    Fat Sham speaking to the BBC after the match.
    I'm sorry but our manager admitting he doesn't know how to manage his bum chum love child and the  so called Captain of our football club and leader on the pitch is a feckin disgrace to our history, the badge, the club and us the fans, proves there is a toxic environment at the club and makes me sick to my stomach and the sooner they both feck off the better
    Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh !!!
    ( this is not smugness, just passion for our club and our identity which is being made a laughing stock by the management of the oaf Allardyce)

Irons In The Soul

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 27 Apr 2024, 10:09 pm